Video Game Console You Regret Buying?

Hayles

Role Model
Dont tell me that Im the only person in the world who has bought a gaming console and then had buyers remorse.

Consoles I Currently own:
Xbox360
PS2
PSP
Nintendo DS
Nintendo Wii

Consoles I've previously owned:
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Xbox
PS1
Original Gameboy
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy Avanced
Sega Handheld

Ive been through two Xbox 360's and Ive bought two PSP's. Though, I did own my first PSP on day one of the debut, but I returned it on day two as it wasnt worth the $500 I originally paid for it.

The game system I regret buying the most is my Nintendo Wii. There really arent any games for it, which interest me. The main reason I bought the Wii was for Wii fit. However, I'm extremely tall (6'6) and I dont have room to do over half of the exercises on the game. When I reach up for yoga, I stretch to over 7 feet and bang my arms on the ceiling. Therefore, Ive found my Wii collecting dust. I would have said that I regret buying my Nintendo DS, but my dad actually found it at his work and gave it to me. I only have two games for it, Brain Age and the Mario Kart that was already inside it.

What about you people, any game consoles you regret buying?

Probably the Playstation 1. I thought it was a pile of shit. Discs, what the fuck? Cartridge all the way.

I just didn't see the point when the N64 was still putting out quality games. But I've never understood the popularity of games like Tomb Rader and I alwasy thought the racing games were awful. Ridge Racer, where is it now? I ask you.

Mine would have to be the Nintendo Gamecube. The only good games that it had was the Mario Kart game & both WWE Day Of Reckoning Games. The discs on some of the games I had apparently fucked up for no reason(the dude at the store eventually told me that some Gamecube's developed disc read problems), my memory card on it wouldn't let me save some particular games(Madden 05 & Nascar Thunder 2004 are the 2 prime examples). I did love the wireless control that I had until I sold the Gamecube, the controller & the games to someone for $150 bucks(the value at the time was bout $40 bucks).

So all & all I regretted buying the Gamecube due to obvious reasons.

Nintendo DS.

Im constantly going into shops thinking i'm going to buy a game for it and when I get there, theres just nothing appealing. Its all rubbish kids stuff like the 99th pokemon game or the Brain training games which if you have played and done one then you have done them all. I honest to god do not know why I bought it. Theres only 4 games I find decent on it Final Fantasy III and Super Mario Brothers, Mario Kart and Worms

Well I myself didn't actually purchase the machine, but I can tell you me and my uncle both regretted it.

The Atari Jaguar

72gj5s.jpg

My uncle has always been a big video game fanatic and is probably responsible for a large chunk of my interest in gaming. I still remember the awesomeness of getting the original Gameboy, or the joy of getting an early release of Goldeneye for the N64 from a friend of his (greatest FPS EVER). The first system he bought me though would probably have to be this block called the Atari Jaguar.

I mean, for god's sake, look at that controller. It looks like something an air traffic controller works with. Just a big block of uncomfortable, I remember geting cramps in my hand just from holding the thing as a little kid.

At the time the graphics were top, top stuff though. So that was a plus. But the gaming selection was limited at best and the product had failed within a year. By that time I had almost just gotten used to the controller, and out comes a whole new generation of superior systems. Rats. I thiink I still have it in some closet somewhere at my mother's house.

The one thing the system did have going for it though was the awesome Alien vs. Predator game. This was well over a decade before that abortion of a movie came out. Still one of the funnest games I remember from my earliest gaming days.

Consoles I currently own:

Xbox 360
Nintendo Wii

Consoles I've previously owned:

Playstation 2
Nintendo Gamecube
Gameboy Advance
Nintendo 64
Playstation 1
Sega Dreamcast
Sega Saturn
Gameboy Colour
Gameboy
Sega Megadrive
Super Nintendo Entertainment System

Out of all these, the one I probably regret buying the most is probably the Nintendo Gamecube. I first got one for Christmas in 2002 and loved it. Some of the games on it were great. However I sold it in 2004 cause, after I got my PS2, I never played it. However about a year later I saw a second hand Gamecube for sale in my local Gamestation for £40. This wasen't any old Gamecube, it was the special Resident Evil 4 Gamecube. I loved Resi 4 so much I ended up buying it. I think I played it 4 times and, again, never touched it. £40 wasted at the end of the day. Ah well, I ended up selling it for £30 somehow. Spur of the moment purchases aren't always good as I found out.

Mine would have to be the Nintendo Gamecube. The only good games that it had was the Mario Kart game & both WWE Day Of Reckoning Games. The discs on some of the games I had apparently fucked up for no reason(the dude at the store eventually told me that some Gamecube's developed disc read problems), my memory card on it wouldn't let me save some particular games(Madden 05 & Nascar Thunder 2004 are the 2 prime examples). I did love the wireless control that I had until I sold the Gamecube, the controller & the games to someone for $150 bucks(the value at the time was bout $40 bucks).

So all & all I regretted buying the Gamecube due to obvious reasons.

Wow, if Mario Kart and Day of Reckoning were the only good games on the GameCube, you obviously haven't played any of these:

Metroid Prime 1 & 2
LOZ: Twilight Princess
LOZ: Wind Waker
LOZ: Collector's Edition
Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
F-Zero GX
Pikmin 1 & 2
Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1 & 2
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance

That's my collection of GameCube games and they are all great. In my opinion the GameCube is the most underrated console of all time, it has an excellent library of games to even out it's technical flaws, but I do agree with what you said about the slight chance of Disc Read error, the system definitely had it's weak points, not as bad as the 360's flaws, but still enough to make someone regret buying it. Today, the GameCube is pretty much worthless because the Wii can play all of the GC games, unless you don't have the money to buy a Wii of course. Even though it's time has past, let's not forget the brilliant games it had.

As for the console I regret buying, it is a tough choice because I am a pretty smart buyer when it comes to video games, but it would probably be the PS2. Don't get me wrong, it is a fantastic system, but I purchased it at a bad time, during late 2006 because I was desperately wanting a new WWE game since Day of Reckoning got boring and the GC was finished making WWE games, so I had no choice but to get a PS2, PS3, or 360. I obviously chose the cheaper of the three and got SvR 2007(or Glitchfest 2007 is what I called it) and FFXII which is one of the best games I have ever played, I also eventually bought the GTA Trilogy and SvR 2008 which were okay purchases and that's it. I bought a PS3 last November so the PS2 didn't even last me 2 years, so I eventually sold it since I upgraded. I had a blast playing GM Mode with my friend and playing FFXII for countless hours, so it wasn't a huge regret. I currently own a Wii and PS3 and I don't regret purchasing them(yet, anyway). The Wii is worth it just for the Virtual Console and MGS4 is the PS3's biggest Masterpiece to date, so I am fine with these two consoles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back