• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Victory Road] Rob Van Dam v. Mr. Anderson [#1 Contenders Match]

Who wins?

• Mr. Anderson

• Rob Van Dam

Results are only viewable after voting.
I really like both of these guys, and don't really care who wins. I think both guys remain in the title picture for the foreseeable future regardless of who comes out on top. In any case I believe Anderson wins this particular battle. Anderson is hot right now and his take no prisoners, stop at nothing to get his title shot, attitude is the deciding factor. Hopefully Sting beats Hardy and we are looking at a Sting vs. Anderson showdown later down the line. Meanwhile RVD and Jeff Hardy can settle their beef. I think that this is the best scenario for TNA right now. As much as I love RVD, he doesn't seem all that desperate to get his title back. Anderson is much more determined and much more willing to do whatever it takes. Anderson in what should be a fun and entertaining match.

It's a shame they aren't feuding over the World Title. But I can see Anderson turning on RVD, joining up with Immortal to get his title shot. Leading to Anderson vs Sting.

I despise this entire storyline. The build is stone cold ******ed. Why are they making RVD out to be a PG poster boy at the expense of another top face in Anderson? That's seriously putting Van Dam's face heat in jeopardy for no good reason. Alternatively, they risk waking people up to what a villainous fiend Anderson really is, sacrificing his face heat. Although Van Dam's heat is at greater risk because obviously heels are better than faces....

A third option for how this goes down is that one of these guys turns and joins Immortal, destroying someone's highly valuable face heat.

Sure, there's the option that this could be a completely harmless face vs. face match where the fans play nice. But this is TNA. One of the massive fuck ups at risk of happening in this match is bound to occur, right?

Anderson over Van Dam because he's hot this month. He's not my favorite flavor by a long shot, but management seems higher on him than Van Dam. Le sigh.

I like absolutely nothing about this situation. Not one thing.

Wait....Anderson STILL has to win something to get his title shot? He had a rematch clause from losing to Hardy, he won the #1 contenders match on Impact 9 days ago, and now he has to fight RVD for it? Spare me the whole thing about building his heel turn and answer this: as a fan, why should I buy that this is the final time he has to earn that spot? This is one of the bigger matches on the show, so why should I believe that if he wins here he gets his title shot? It's the same stipulation he had in his last match and that means nothing apparently so why does this matter? This is what I mean when I say the company doesn't pay attention. I don't care if this is explained as that's not the point. The point is that they changed their minds on this and there's no reason to have had the first match already if you're going to do this. WCW did this a lot and it blew up in their faces. But hey, why bother avoiding their mistakes right?

It seems ridiculous that the #1 contender has to have another match to fight for his #1 spot. No wonder Anderson is so pissed! I have no idea why RVD is even in the title picture at this point. Yeah, he got screwed in his title match, but at least he got a title match. I'm not a fan of 4 ways, but it seems like the most logical choice at this point. RVD vs. Anderson vs. Sting vs. Hardy sounds much better then two separate matches.

I just don't get this. Anderson still has his rematch for a World Title match, so why does he have to compete in a #1 contender's match? If Anderson has to wait even longer, then he should still be able to have his title match, so why he does have to fight RVD for that honor? I understand they're trying to piss Anderson off even more by making him wait. They're throwing all of these obstacles in his way, and Anderson is becoming more of an asshole as the weeks go by, but this match just seems pointless. This "let's fuck Anderson over" storyline is starting to become more and more strange each week.

I think some foul play is going to occur here. I just can't see this one ending with a clean finish. I think Anderson will get screwed again here, so I'm picking RVD to win this one. And you can be sure Anderson will become more of an asshole on Impact this Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back