• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Victory Road: AJ Styles, Christian Cage & Rhino vs. Kurt Angle & Team 3D

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

FAN'S PICK THE STIP - SIX MAN TAG TEAM WAR:
AJ Styles, Christian Cage & Rhino vs. Kurt Angle & Team 3D
Either a Full Metal Mayhem, Tables Match or Falls Count Anywhere Match

Again why oh why must TNA make every match a gimmick match:headscratch:It reallygets on my nerves that they always do that, but oh well back to the match at hand. The only reason that Styles and Angle are in this match is due to Angle knee being a problem so this limits him and protects him. I would expect the fans to pick a full metal mayhem match just because of all the weapons that could be invloved, but hey same things as a falls count anywhere match just no ladder. If its a full metal mayhem match, then what are they going to grab to win the match? I have no idea. All 6 men are good workers so I expect a decent match with a bump here and there, but do all these feuds end here? Nope they will still continue on in prolly another version of this 6 man mayhem again.

About where I expected this feud to go, but as AJ said, why does this need a gimmick to it? When did just a good old fashioned 6 man fight go out of style? Styles and Angle are two of the best wrestlers in the world, and it almost downgrades them to have just a wild brawl with big spots galore. This should be pretty decent as TNA usually does these gimmick matches well, but I'd prefer to wait until a few more months had gone by before the big blow off 6 man war match, but this will be more than passable for 20 minutes or so.

Where the fuck is Disco? It wasn't but two or three days ago I was telling him a lot of these Pay Per Views are filled with 6 Man Tag Team Main Events. I fully demand that he force T.N.A. to pay me money for giving them this idea.. because if he says anything other than "BigWill knew all along" then that clearly means they're now stealing my ideas.

At any rate.. a "fan's choice" match. I'm gonna go out on one of those wild limbs and say it'll end up being a Full Metal Mayhem match. Hmm, why? Lets see.. Team 3D control the Tables aspect.. so no self-respecting fan would wanna give them the upper hand. A falls count anywhere match? Well isn't that what a Full Metal Mayhem match is, but without the gimmick name and extra weapons? So of course it'll be a Full Metal Mayhem match.

Unlike all the normal shit 6 man Tag matches, this one has promise. Angle and Styles, Team 3D against Christian & Rhino. In an anything goes match, it'll be one hell of a war and one I'd greatly look forward to. The only question is how much are they going to play off Christian & Rhino's injuries?

So you have a 50/50 chance that this match will be great, or horrible. It'll be great of Christian & Rhino can make a full recovery, without Styles getting hurt in the mix. It'll be horrible if Christian and Rhino go into this match with supporting the theory they're still injured, which will lead to Angle and Team 3D's fluke victory.

About where I expected this feud to go, but as AJ said, why does this need a gimmick to it? When did just a good old fashioned 6 man fight go out of style?

If it didn't have a gimmick attached, even one such as Anything goes, then it'd end in a Disqualification.. because this is a heated grudge match. Heated grudge matches need the No DQ label attached, so the match has a proper ending without it being undecided.

I'm glad it has a gimmick attached, not because I feel I haven't seen a gimmick match from T.N.A.. :lmao: short of missing two weeks of iMPACT!, I might not have seen one in a long time.. lol But anyways..

Styles and Angle will more or less be out on their own. I'd be surprised if this remained inside the ring and with workable tags. Team 3D, Christian and Rhino should assumably be all over the arena trying to kill each other. Leaving Styles and Angle in the ring, where the ending may see Angle "accidentally" take out Karen.

Which could lead to a Kurt Angle & Awesome Kong v. A.J. Styles and Karen Angle match.. or something in which Styles & Karen will take on Kurt at the next p.p.v.

If it didn't have a gimmick attached, even one such as Anything goes, then it'd end in a Disqualification.. because this is a heated grudge match. Heated grudge matches need the No DQ label attached, so the match has a proper ending without it being undecided.

I'm glad it has a gimmick attached, not because I feel I haven't seen a gimmick match from T.N.A.. :lmao: short of missing two weeks of iMPACT!, I might not have seen one in a long time.. lol But anyways..

Styles and Angle will more or less be out on their own. I'd be surprised if this remained inside the ring and with workable tags. Team 3D, Christian and Rhino should assumably be all over the arena trying to kill each other. Leaving Styles and Angle in the ring, where the ending may see Angle "accidentally" take out Karen.

Which could lead to a Kurt Angle & Awesome Kong v. A.J. Styles and Karen Angle match.. or something in which Styles & Karen will take on Kurt at the next p.p.v.

That's true I suppose. At least it doesn't let there be much of a chance of there being said DQ and then this match happening the month thereafter. I kind of hope the match doesn't half happen in the ring and half all over the place, as matches like those are just hard to call. If they go like that, why not two seperate matches? Granted those have already happened, so at least there's some variety. I do like the idea of the matches that you talked about being possible, moreso a handicap more than anything else, as long as Karen doesn't jump back to Kurt. That would just be a letdown to me.

I wasnt that happy with this match, I mean we've seen Rhino and Christian vs Team 3D so many times before and I have found thier matches boring, the AJ Styles match with Kurt was brilliant and adding them two to this match makes it a bit better. A 6 man war here would be good but I think the stipulation might make it better, but then again I like stipulation matches providing its good. I thought that maybe Team 3D and Rhino and Christian would have something like a glass table match because thats typical TNA but I dont know with the other 2 men so lets hope its good one. I give the victory to Team 3D and Angle

It's amazing that this match hasn't6 been done before. Yet I feel like I've seen it already. That's probably because TNA doesn't make as many stars as they think. End result being that we have to watch the same people in the main event week after week, month after month, and dear god, year arter year.

Rhino & Team 3D in the main event shows how little progress they've made in the 3 years since they came to TNA. They were a boost then, but not now. Obviously this match will be good. Matches with Styles, Cage & Angle usually are. But it's that same feeling of been there, done that, yet again.

I hope this doesn't deprive us of a conclusive Angle/Styles encounter. Their match at Slammiversary was great but Kurt was injured (I suppose that could be one of the reasons for the six man stipulation?) and it was certainly missing something - mainly something from AJ - that they could easily fix and make into a classic.

As for the match itself - bleh. It's been a while since we've seen a Full Metal Mayhem match, which is what this match is gonna be, but I'm still not too excited. I don't think Angle or Styles will be able to perform to the best of their capabilities. Although AJ will doubtless take a sick bump, as he does best. I think Angle will stay out of it mostly so as not to aggravate his injuries, although th guy is a fucking machine so who knows?

That said, expect Christian to steal the show and make everyone look that bit better in the process. It's why people like Kaz.

Out of the three stipulations I can't say I fany any. Full Metal Mayhem doesn't really suit any of the wrestlers, it's also a gimmick from the old TNA. I really don't think they need to bring that back from the dead. But they will, as that's what fans will pick. Tables matches are ok. Once you've seen one, you've seen them all. It's sad that Team 3D haven't progressed at all since they started having tables matches as their gimmick match in WWE. And while a Falls Count Anywhere match would be good. TNA director always misses stuff as it is. Imagine how much you'd miss with each wrestler paired up, going in a different direction. Styles would do an impressive bump, but you'd miss the landing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back