• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lockdown: Team Cage vs. Team Tomko

I just wish that they would have held been able to do the live Impact and Sting return a week after they are doing it. That way they could have had the Rhino-Cage reunion be more of a big deal. They could have had the beatdown end the show and then have a reluctant Cage and Rhino team together this week in the mainevent, and then after fighting off TEam Tomko they could shake hands. Nonetheless i actually enjoyed Impact last week and I understand why they had to rush the reunion. Sting's return needed to happen on the live impact.

i'll bet they don't have these problems on the "lost" or "desperate housewives" forums. look. either it is a show or not. if it is a show, then it all has to be treated as "true". if not, then it must all be viewed as true. either way, it's silly to complain about how much it ruins it to bring in the six year old's point of view.
i think it is at least a way of trying to inject something interesting into rhyno's storyline. i am not partial to these kinds of matches, but i'm actually looking forward to it. with any luck, there will be an unexpected heel turn in the middle of the match.

There are a lot of real people who watch tv who might see things they can relate to on TNA impact. Rhino's daughter being dissapointed with Christian, and how that must be heart breaking for Cage.

Or seeing AJ's obsession with another woman. A woman he couldnt possibly have. Wanting somebody so badly, and now maybe having a chance to have her. People that cant relate to things like this must have had a super boring, uneventfull life.

I wish Rhino and Cage reuniting couldve been portrayed as a really big deal, cuz it was. Im sure this week they will show plenty of footage covering the situation, so the jackasses that watched basketball instead of wrestling last thursday can get updated.

Okay, does anyone else see this as a huge set-up against Christian Cage & his team? So on iMPACT! Matt Morgan allowed Team Tomko to add James Storm.. then during the segment involving both teams, Morgan came out and high fived everyone on Team Tomko..

Only for the end of the show to roll around, and suddenly Morgan's wearing a Team Cage shirt and hes the unofficial 5th guy for that team now?

Christian needs to find better friends, thus far hes added two "big guys" in Kevin Nash & Matt Morgan, an aging vet in Sting & a guy that up until recently hated him in Rhino. I suppose it could've been worse.. they still haven't officially added the Super Eric & Kaz v. the Monsters yet.. (unconfirmed that they even will, but I'm banking on it)

When Christian said "Its Showtime" during the middle of the program segment I about crapped myself thinking he went ahead and put Eric Young in as his 5th partner.

I don't know how far Morgan's progression as a Professional Wrestler has come, but I don't know if this is the right match for him to suddenly get put into. Plus, this is 10 guys now.. all of which will only fit into one ring. When they did Wargames in W.C.W., it was 8 guys in two rings. I think 10 guys is way too many for this match, they've always been pushing it with 8.

Why are TNA putting Morgan in the match? Is he really that over? At least he's better than Nash, and presumably the guy can at least shuffle, which Nash appears to struggle with.

I'd have to agree that 10 is far too many. But that's how it's been in pevious years hasn't it? I might be wrong. TNA PPV's all blend into one, it's hard for me to remember.

Why are TNA putting Morgan in the match? Is he really that over? At least he's better than Nash, and presumably the guy can at least shuffle, which Nash appears to struggle with.

I don't think Morgan is over at all. I think the best role hes ever been given is that of a mindless corp. figurehead. He was originally suppose to be the "muscle" for Jim Cornette, but for whatever reason it looks like they're going in an old W.W.E. storyline. (remember Smackdown brought in a guy from U.P.N. to run things with Teddy Long - thus is Eddie's last storyline with a Championship match against Batista)

Anyways, I think they're pushing Morgan out of being a corp. figurehead into being just another wrestler. Hell, if anything this is his last leg because it'll only be a matter of time if they take him out of this spot that they release him.

Some claim the guy has turned into a better Professional Wrestler than when he was in the W.W.E., but that remains to be seen to me. I originally thought they were gonna push a Morgan v. Joe match, but that never panned out. Now it looks like they could push Morgan as a heel against Cage, or any one of his teammates when he (assumably) costs them the match.

In the long run, having a corp. figurehead like Morgan on Team Angle would be great for Angle in the lines of getting a rematch down the line, sadly against Joe. (Yes, I realize its long passed old, but you know it'll happen)

I'd have to agree that 10 is far too many. But that's how it's been in pevious years hasn't it? I might be wrong. TNA PPV's all blend into one, it's hard for me to remember.

They've typically went with 8 to my knowledge. The last multiple man match inside the cage I remember was with Test, and that only had 6. Even with 6 inside one ring its pushing it.

I do, however, think that this is the first time they've had 10 guys in one match. I assume it'll go Wargames style however where two guys start, then they randomly enter one by one. I think thats how they've done it in year's passed. (like you, things are beginning to blur in my mind regarding T.N.A. as well)

Team Cage will probably win this one. Can't see Sting getting the winning pinfall though, over the last two weeks Christian has been on the mic more then him. Sting wants to make Christian look better this way. If Sting got on the mic all the time and gets the winning pinfall, them the rest of Team Cage look inferior. Look for Sting to be involved in the ending though.

I think the faces will go over, they went over in the last two years, both times Sting getting the pinfall, so I don't think he'll score a pin this time. Maybe Morgan will get a pin to make him look strong in his TNA in ring debut, most likely Devon will take the fall. Or the heels might go over pining Nash, playing on his bad knees.

It's War Games style rules. But in one ring, 'cus TNA is stupid. Two wrestlers start. Every minute or so another wrestler from either team enters. They keep going until everyone is inside the cage. The top for the cage comes down, as do weapons. Then it's whoever get's the first pinfall.

10 Wrestlers in the same ring is going to suck, i'll probably watch because theres weapons involved and the result is more unpredictable than Angle/Joe but I don't have high hopes for it. I'm not sure why Nash is in the match when Morgan is of such a similar build and style. Cage and AJ will probably carry most of the match with Sting comming in late on for the likely Morgan double-cross.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back