• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

VH1's Most Shocking Moments in Music History

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
This was another one of VH1's countdown shows that premiered last week. Twenty of the most shocking moments were counted down each evening until the #1 moment was shown on Friday night.

Of course, the best part about the show was its host... Chris Jericho.

I think the countdown was dead-on. Each moment was in the perfect order, in my opinion.

Jericho was very personable and showed good acting skill throughout the broadcast. I compared him to Bret Michaels, Carmen Electra, and Mark McGrath (who hosted the first version of this countdown) and I think Jericho did the best job, even though he appeared to have less lines spoken during the show that his predecessors.

I just want to know if anyone else watched this program and I would like to hear everyone's opinions on it. Does everyone agree with the #1 most shocking moment? Or the top 20? Did they miss anything? How did Jericho do as a host?

I watched the Mark McGrath version, was there any difference in the countdown? Also, were they the same video packages and people interviewed, or was it completely redone?

As for the countdown itself, on the McGrath one I thought the countdown was done well and I think they hit the nail on the head with the #1 spot. I love this countdown type shows on VH1. I am interested in watching the Jericho version now.

*BTW, if anyone has ANY idea where I can find the Mark McGrath version of VH1's 100 Most Shocking Moments in Rock n Roll History, please PM and let me know.

The original countdown with McGrath was well done. I can't remember who the #1 choice was, but I remember that it was very justified.

There are many new entires to the countdown, since so much controversy has transpired over the past decade and had to be added to the list. These new entries came with many new interviews, but they also mixed in many of the old interviews, clips from Behind the Music, as well as other footage. It's really a better package than the old countdown.

It should be repeating on VH1 like crazy. I suggest you check it out.

It's probably too late to be commenting on the countdown, but the countdown really bugged me. I thought it was really good and Jericho did and awesome job of hosting it, but there was no mention of Pantera's fallen bassist Dimebag Abbott getting shot in the face a few years ago at concert in Columbus Ohio. How is that not number 1? I know Dimebag might not be as legendary as Michael Jackson or Paul Lennon, but the man was shot in the face on stage.

The only mention of Dime was win they were talking about the KISS caskets and how Dime was one of only a few people to be buried in one. I mean I was surprised when I heard the news about Jackson, but the man has had one foot in the grave now for years so I wasn't as shocked.

Anyways, just needed to get that out. Other that that I thought the countdown was awesome though.

I liked the original VH1 Shocking Moments Countdown, i thought it was spot-on. But i think the new one shouldve been better, i dont know why they didnt mention Dimebag's Murder which is really shocking and tragic. and what really bugged me was the fact that Michael jackson got in at #1, his death wasnt really a suprise really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back