• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Various News On Potential Prospects, Returning Star & Future Of Current Stars

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There are a lot of various reports & alleged backstage going about this morning.

According to stories on wrestlinginc.com, WWE is allegedly interested in bringing in Karl Anderson & Volador, Jr. to the roster. Anderson is best known for his time in New Japan Pro Wrestling where he won the G1 Tag League in 2009 with Giant Bernard, AKA Albert & Tensai, held the IWGP Tag Team Championship with Bernard for 564 days; the longest run in the history of the titles and the GHC Tag Team Championship with him in Pro Wrestling Noah for a little over 6 months. Volador, Jr. has been a star in CMLL since the early 2000s having been a 4 time Mexican National Trios Champion, 1 time NWA World Historic Middleweight Champion, 1 time Mexican National Light Heavyweight Champion and 1 time CMLL World Tag Team Champion. His biggest exposure to American audiences came in 2008 when he was part of "Team Mexico" along with Rey Bucanero, Averno & Ultimo Guerrero. "Team Mexico" was the 2008 and final winners of the TNA World X Cup.

There's a story on the site hinting that Kharma could be returning to WWE in the near future. Kharma conducted an interview on Future Endeavors podcast stating she's ready to make a return. She believes that "all parties" are in "gorilla", slang terms indicating that she might happen soon. Recently, Kharma debuted after having lost a significant amount of weight and says she wants to lose more, crediting DDP Yoga for her progress.

Another story from the site, originally sourced by the WON, says that there are conflicting reports as to Rob Van Dam's future in WWE. It's been reported since his return that RVD has 90 day blocks in his current WWE deal, meaning that he works for 90 days before taking an unspecified amount of time off before coming back to work another 90 days. The report coming out states that the reason RVD lost so quickly during his time in the 11 on 3 handicap elimination match on Raw, stating that he was "buried", is because he hasn't signed a new contract yet. His current deal is set to expire on October 1st, but that he'll work for an additional week or so past that.

Regarding Dolph Ziggler, a little tidbit of information regarding him suggests that, if true, WWE has all but given up on the idea of Ziggler being a main eventer. The word backstage is that WWE officials, the brief statement doesn't say which officials or how many of them, feel that Ziggler won't ever be someone who draws money.

As far as Anderson & Volador, Jr. are concerned, I can't say that I'm overly familiar with them. Volador, Jr. turns 33 late this coming January, is about 5'9" and weighs around 180-190 pounds. Anderson turns 34 in late January, stands around 6'0" and weighs around 230 pounds or so. They've been in wrestling since October 1999 and May 2002 respectively and if they do sign with WWE, I'm not really sure what to expect from either of them. I don't know if Volador, Jr. is just another Luchadore. Both seem too old with too much experience to really be sent down to NXT, especially for a long stretch.

Kharma was interesting in WWE and she's had a wild couple of years in her personal life. From the moment of her debut, fans were excited by her and she got a huge pop when she first showed up on Raw. She initially left WWE because she was pregnant, announcing it live on the May 30, 2011 episode of Raw. Unfortunately, the child died and she eventually parted ways with WWE in July 2012. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2013/0828/565200/kharma-loses-weight-and-debuts-a-new-look/ This is a picture from late last month. http://www.heartbreakers.me/index.php?topic=2449.0 This link shows an older link to Kharma as Awesome Kong in her TNA days, so there's a very noticeable difference in her size. While she's definitely older than the traditional Diva at 36 years of age, everything about her is a FAR cry from the traditional Diva.

When it comes to RVD, it's possible that he might wind up being gone from WWE if Monday is any indication. Since RVD is involved in a feud with Del Rio, I didn't pay much attention to him being pinned so quickly by Ambrose. They'd progressed quickly through the wrestlers that The Shield members hadn't been feuding with for the past several months, so it never occurred to me that he may have been buried. However, I ultimately think he'll wind up signing a new one. I don't see him wanting to miss out on a WrestleMania payday.

As for Ziggler, I think this is something a lot of people have felt was the case for months now. Ziggler went from feuding with Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship to feuding with Big E. Langston and now he looks to be back in contention for the United States Championship.

I can't post about Anderson and Voldador Jr. because simply their work is unknown to me, however every great talent is welcome.

On Dolph Ziggler, ehhh it was good while it lasted? I don't think that he is a WWE Championship material and I don't think there's time for a re-re-push. That injury of his really screwed him up. At least let's hope he doesn't end up like John Morrison after his return from injury. But I'll tell you this: If Alberto Del Rio is a 4-time World Heavyweight Champion then Dolph Ziggler deserves more than what he's currently getting or for what's in line with him if he indeed did anything wrong backstage.

Abouy Kharma. When she first arrived people seemed interested in the Divas Division. When she reappeared in the 2012 Royal Rumble, people again showed interest in her. Will they show the same interest again for the 3rd time? I believe yes. I believe that people want to see what she can do. She's something different, she's not a Diva, she's a monster and on top of that with good wrestling skills. She made a name for herself in TNA, now it's time to shine in the WWE. With AJ, Kharma and possibly Mickie James things look bright for the future.

Now, on RVD, I call BS on the fact that he's getting buried because he got eliminated early in the tag tam match. Did we forgot that Randy Orton demolished him an hour before that match? Let's not make things out off our head.
RVD should sign that contract, it's easy money IMO. Working 90 days then taking a break? What else does he want?
The only problem I have with that is that I don't know how much good this kind of deal is for television. I mean, will he get his ass kicked every 90 days? Firing angle? Just leaving without saying goodbye and coming back again? It might get boring pretty fast.

Well I'm very familiar with Karl Anderson and Prince's Devitt work in Japan mostly so let me give my thoughts first on that. First this two guys are not what we may consider young but they are in the average age in the WWE's main roster - they are very polished and they can work pretty much any type of match. New Japan isn't about being stiff all the time anymore, in fact, they try to work as much as WWE tries to work in the ring side of things. Psychology is different to the fans, but they are both over in the #2 company in the world - and when you know how to get over regardless, you can be over in the WWE.

Devitt and Anderson are two of the best heels in the company, with Devitt being probably the "guy" when it comes to foreigner wrestlers. He's charismatic, great great look (he's pretty much a model in Japan for Calvin Klein) and he's popular in that side of the world. Karl Anderson has been working in the States for sometime now, specially with ROH and of course, he's one of the most reliable workers in NJPW. None of them are very good with the microphone, but I would give the edge to Karl Anderson in that point. Their best work so far as been as an heel, specially this year for me.

I've got nothing on Volador Jr. aside from the fact that he's very over in Mexico and the Wrestling Observer talked about him a few weeks back as somehow a great worker and pretty over to be used as a catapult to young guys like La Sombra this past month. He would draw for the WWE in Mexico, but luchadores have a lot more trouble adapting in the developmental scene than say indy or japanese guys.

-----

Kharma's situation to me is not a big surprise, it's obvious that she was getting over even before she made her debut. She's known for being a great female wrestler and the fact that she's a big woman only makes her stand out even more to me. They parted ways in a very friendly manner, she has kept his mouth shut and worked her ass of to surpass her personal problems about losing a child and stuff and to get in great shape. The thing with her is the fact that she's in his 36 birthday, she isn't young anymore and I don't know if WWE would be interested in using her right now. I would dig it, the divas division would win with that but it will be a backstage and political call.

-----

Dolph Ziggler subject, is actually something that in one way surprises me and in other way it really doesn't. I look at Dolph Ziggler and I see a very solid package when it comes to talent - he can work very well, he's a great look and he can talk a solid promo if he wants to. However he has the Edge's effect to me, like the talent is there we can all see it, the look is there and what not, but somehow someway the company isn't willing to change him and to give him an high profile interesting feud - the content of his feuds is very crappy and his overselling aspect makes him look bad more often that we would think. I have no doubt in my mind that if Ziggler had Edge's type of gimmick and was booked as an intelligent wrestler that weasels out of things he could be a solid upper to main event guy - if he held the Raw Money In The Bank and could cash-in on a big PPV event. Right after that he could have been booked somehow as a Ric Flair, like retaining his championship with dusty finishes in very heelish ways to generate heat.

I don't wanna knock anyone but if Daniel Bryan can be the WWE Champion and get over, there is no reason for Dolph not being able to do it. They are pretty much the same overall the only difference is that Dolph is more suited as an heel while Daniel Bryan is a Rey Mysterio type of babyface. Oh and of course the content, when you have a great story between Cena and Daniel Bryan and one of the crappiest things between Cena and Ziggler you can see a reason for me not caring for Ziggler anymore. Content matters sometimes more than talent, just ask Alberto Del Rio.

Silverback hit it right on the head with Ziggler but I will take it one step further. It was not just any regular injury to Dolph that killed his momentum, it was a concussion. Since the Benoit tragedy, McMahon has been hesistant to push guys with past head trauma and for the most part, rightfully so. The WWE has done a really good job keeping its name out of negative press for a few years now and it is understandable that they do not want to take a risk on a guy they consider to be 'Damaged Goods'. As a person who has suffered multiple concussions and mild TBI, I have trouble with a lot of physical and mental capacities on some days and am perfectly fine on others. I understand that I maybe at risk for further injuries and/or illnesses because of this. I wouldn't want to stake my future on a guy with similar issues and before anyone jumps on me for this, Dolph was still experiencing PCS-related symptoms 3 weeks after his injury so it was pretty significant.

Karl Anderson and Volador, Jr. are unknown to me, but based on the accolades you listed, I am sure they will fit in well with WWE once signed.

I wouldn't look too much into RVD getting pinned by Ambrose this past Monday, with the match he had against Orton earlier. That's no indication that WWE is ready to let him go. To be honest, I think he is the only one really holding the World Championship title hunt together.

Kharma is a great addition to any female division. Even if she is getting up there in age, she is still a name and always leaves an impact in her wake. She doesn't have to be a multiple Divas champion to sell. Hell if The Fabulous Moolah and Mae Young can make special appearances now and then, surely WWE can find something for Kharma to do.

I'm not sure I agree about Dolph Ziggler not being championship material. Lately I enjoy watching his matches a lot more than the Main Carders'. And if Del Rio or the slew of meh World Champions can stick around in the spotlight, then I see no reason why Ziggler cannot.

I can't comment on either Karl Anderson or Volador JR, their credentials really don't mean anything to me (Anderson's partner didn't do much on his WWE return after all). It different wrestling styles, different fan base, different everything. Sin Cara at one point was the biggest star in Mexico but he never really got over. I'm all for giving them a chance but other than that I have nothing to say on either guy.

With RVD you can't expect to see him destroying people and kicking too much ass if the WWE only has him for 3 straight months a block. RVD is a good hand and I expect to see a lot more of him in the future but he's obviously gonna be that guy putting over the younger talent. He still RVD and he can still go, he will have a place in WWE for as long as he wants.

I've been a big advocate for Kharma back in the WWE. I've always been a big fan of hers as she has something that only AJ has in the divas division, uniqueness. Most diva's come off the same, even with someone like Natalya who can wrestle circles around most. Kharma is what her name suggests, awesome. The only thing I would consider is putting her with the men instead of the women, realistically not one Diva could ever come close to taking down Kharma.

I think the assessment of Ziggler is spot on, he's just not a main event guy and until he shows me something different the mid card is where he belongs. I get worse guys get WHC title runs but just because guys like Swagger have gotten runs doesn't mean they should have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back