How Would You Book Kharma When She Is Back ?

CanYouDigIt98

Occasional Pre-Show
For All Of Those Who Watched Raw Would Of Seen Kharma's Announcement And That She Is Pregnant , Now During That Angle The Bella Twins Came Into The Ring Teasing Kharma .... At The End Kharma Said She Will Be Back And Hopes The Bella Twins Are Still Here ....
It Looks Like Kharma Went To Abit Of A Crowd Favorite ./

Myself I Would Like To See Kharma Return Just In Time For Wrestlemania ... Maybe Have A Shot At The Divas Title And Win It At Mania Only For The Divas To Gang Up On Kharma . Kharma The Goes On A Streak With Her Title But Loses It To The Bellas But Then Leaves The Bellas To It And Feuds With Beth Phoenix And Melina ...

HOW WOULD YOU BOOK HER ?

I was pleasantly surprised with how the Kharma segment went down last night.

I give WWE credit for telling the truth. I thought for sure they'd come up with some lame story as to why she'd be mia the next 9 months. I was expecting Vince to pull a "Poochie The Dog" from The Simpsons and have Kharma come out and say "I have to go now.... my planet needs me"

Kharma made more of a connection with the crowd last night than she did the previous 4 weeks put together. When is WWE going to learn that the best way to get talent over is to let them be themselves. Her telling her personal story of how she got to where she is and what she had to overcome reaLly connected with the crowd. And it wasn't scripted. The dig at JR was a dead giveaway. Let them go off script every once in a while. Let them be themselves. Or at least an exaggerated version of there own personality like Rock, Austin, and even Cena were. I remember Roddy Piper would always bring up his years on the street as a fighter as a skinny 15 year old, or Bret Hart envoking memories of growing up in the dungeon. For fans to really connect to a wrestler, they have to know who they really are.

Forcing talent to be someone they're not and follow some rigid script written by bad soap opera writers only leads to cookie cutter superstars who all look, sound, and act alike.

It was a refreshing change of pace to just let the woman speak from the heart about who she is. Its just a shame now she has to go away for 9 months. But it'll make for a kickass return for next years Mania. Just so long as they continue to let her be herself and not some creative teams idea of who she should be. Just let her be herself. That's always the best way to book any talent.

I agree, MMK. I, too, was surprised they went the route they went when they let her hit the mic. Not having any live mic work (to my knowledge), she was better on the mic than 75% of the roster in her first time out. It was heartfelt and sincere. I've always enjoyed her because, while her look is not the standard diva or knockout, she is just as athletic as the rest of them, if not more. Realistically, though, if her pregnancy is high risk like she says, don't look for her for at least a year. She won't be able to do any conditioning while she's pregnant, and then she will have to get back into ring shape AFTER she's had the baby and spent time at home.

I've got mixed feelings about how they did her out last night. I totally agree with MMK, I thought letting her be real and herself was great, she connected with the crowd and she was amazing on the microphone but I do feel it killed her character slightly. She was a bad ass behemoth knocking down Divas week to week and she just became soft enough for the Bellas to pick on her. That... I wasn't too happy with but to each their own I suppose. I hope when she does return she can bring that bad ass momentum again.

I was worried about how they would handle this promo, but I was pleasantly surprised and I think Kharma is poised to come back better than ever in the fan's eyes when she returns.

I wouldn't be surprised if she comes back as a face and goes after the Bellas. They'll probably try to keep her the way she left, as a sympathetic face. She'll explain her actions during her debut and say that the face Divas supported her during her pregnancy and say she was wrong to attack them...

Then when she squashes the Bellas and maybe a few other heels... she should surprise attack a face, (maybe Kelly Kelly?) and go back to where she left off. Build her up as unstoppable until Beth, Gail, (or dare I say... AJ?) can finally take her down.

I posted this on the other thread the way i thinbk it should play out...

Wrestling fans dont forget.period. The minute Kharma comes back next year people are gonna be saying okay, watch out Bellas...But at the same time Kharma is meant to be heel, her looks, attitude, it all screams squash the divas in a monster way...WWE can have the best of both worlds..Turn The Bellas back face...That way when Kharma does return she can be that monster heel again while keeping to her word of squashing the Bellas...

Now i got a question someone can help me with, its bout Kharma. To me she comes off as "the Big Show of the Divas"...like unbeatable..I never watched TNA but when she was with them as Awsome Kong did she ever loose? I mean i am sure she did but what kind of knockout diva did it take to beat her or how did they make it work???

In the same breath thats why iv never been a Rey Mysterio fan. Hes just not believable to beat some of the bigger men that he has...

Kharma is an awesome talent, when she was in TNA she lost matches to Gail Kim and Kharma sold and made it believable. she can put on a good match. She could proably lose to Kelly Kelly and make it look believable.

WWE is smart they know that in a years time we will all somewhat forget about her heartfelt speech and once people hear her music when she comes back they will be on their feet waiting for the next ass whooping she is going to put on somebody. They can go on with the same storyline they had before the only difference is now we know she has a soft side to her.
I think plans for Kharma were changing from what the original plan was because instead of massive heat which Vince and the writers were expecting she was getting cheers which then turned to $$$ in Vince's head. Say what you want about Vince but he has always known what to do what is best for the company and will find a way to work this out.

As I posted in the other thread that speech was made by Kia Stevens last night, she did not turn into the Kharma character until the Bellas came on the scene.

Seeing how the WWE used the real-life death of Jerry Lawler's mother to further the Cole-Lawler feud, I wouldn't be surprised to see the WWE somehow use Kharma's infant baby in an angle, turning Kharma into a "Big Momma" sort of FACE "diva".

You couldn't really do a believable "Bella Twins kidnap the baby" angle but I wouldn't be surprised to see something of that nature, where her "baby is threatened" and she gets a HUGE FACE push culminating in a Diva Title Match, which she'd win.

Edit: By the time she returns, the 2012 GOP Candidates will be known. I can even see a "the Real Mama Grizzly" take off on Sarah Palin used for Kharma, if Palin runs. If Palin is running for office, you know McMahon would jump at the chance at some easy publicity by having a wrestler use the same 'Mama Grizzly' moniker. McMahon's all about the zeitgeist.

I Think It Might Be One Of Them Storylines Where She Might Even Become The Face Of The Divas But .... I Think They Can Go Down The Road Of Everyone Can Be A Diva Fat Or Slim .... But Then Turn After Vince Says Something About Her Weight And Becomes The Monster That Will Be Named ... KONG

Personally, I was very pleased about how they handled the promo. Allowing Kharma to have a speaking part (even if it was probably earlier than the WWE had planned) was an important step in making her a character that the fans can relate to. The promo was very well handled, but I do agree that it pretty much destroyed her total psychopath persona. When she gets back, they'll probably have to re-vamp Kharma's persona a little just to make her more human, but I like that idea.

As for the continued feud with the Bellas, who's to say that Kharma won't pop up to continue it even during the time she's gone. She could appear on the TitanTron just to cause a distraction for the Bellas at a crucial moment. She could show up for commentary, cause trouble, and then take advantage of the fact that the Bellas can't touch her due to her condition.

As to face or heel, I agree that she has all the makings of a heel...but they easily translate to being a face depending on who she's fighting. Way I see her being booked is as a female version of the way The Undertaker was: following her own code in which face and heel are nothing but labels. I guess it will all depend on who she's fighting at the time.

i think that when she comes back she should just fued with Beth at mania. if beth is not champ by then i'll be highly upset. if she comes back to fued with the bellas then i guess i could understand why but seeing as how it seems like she'll be back around mania time she has to have her first mania match be against beth. i could understand if they went another route and had her take the titles from someone like the bella twins or maybe even a face to turn her heel and make he dominant. then after a dominating run Beth phoenix is finally the one to take the strap from her.cause i think if anyone should be the one to beat Kharma, its Beth.

I've got mixed feelings about how they did her out last night. I totally agree with MMK, I thought letting her be real and herself was great, she connected with the crowd and she was amazing on the microphone but I do feel it killed her character slightly. She was a bad ass behemoth knocking down Divas week to week and she just became soft enough for the Bellas to pick on her. That... I wasn't too happy with but to each their own I suppose. I hope when she does return she can bring that bad ass momentum again.

The Bellas picked on her because she said she was prohibited by doctors from any physicality. They took the opportunity to poke at her knowing she wouldn't/couldn't do anything. No different than Cole antagonizing Lawler when he knew Lawler would get fired if he touched him.

Sorry, I could listen to Kharma read "The Great Gatsby" like Andy Kaufman did one time and then, if she looked at me cross I would still run the other way. Not sure how showing her "human" side makes her less threatening. The simple fact that she is SO MUCH BIGGER AND STRONGER than any other Diva makes her intimidating. Do you think Kelly Kelly isn't going to quake in her boots the first time that laugh hits 1 year from now?

The Bellas picked on her because she said she was prohibited by doctors from any physicality. They took the opportunity to poke at her knowing she wouldn't/couldn't do anything. No different than Cole antagonizing Lawler when he knew Lawler would get fired if he touched him.

Sorry, I could listen to Kharma read "The Great Gatsby" like Andy Kaufman did one time and then, if she looked at me cross I would still run the other way. Not sure how showing her "human" side makes her less threatening. The simple fact that she is SO MUCH BIGGER AND STRONGER than any other Diva makes her intimidating. Do you think Kelly Kelly isn't going to quake in her boots the first time that laugh hits 1 year from now?

Exactly. Are we really supposed to believe that promo is going to make her Implant Buster hurt less?

When she comes back, I'd book her the exact same way she was booked before she found out she was pregnant. A dominant badass. Just push everything back a year.

It would be weird for her to come back and not go after the Bellas, but it is a long time and some people may just forget, I would like her to come back just in time for Mania28, she could win the divas title ten or maybe later, and then we can have her feud with the real women e.g. Beth, Natalya, Gail Kim.. Just to name a few..

She should defo be on an unbeaten streak when she returns..

With this past weeks Raw promo, Kharma seemed to break character and come out and say she's pregnant. Now instead of just having her disappear for a year and come back and beat the piss out of the Bellas, why shouldn't the WWE use this to actually garner some heat for divas and have an actual story? It seems now like they are going to use Kharma as a face in the future as well.

My idea:

Kharma disappears for a little while but is then shown backstage at Raw all pregnant and happy with the daddy showing off her baby bump and what not. Then later, she is shown having been savagely beaten and taken away on a stretcher. Then there could be a nice "who dunnit" storyline leading up to her grand return when she reveals that it wasn't just one or two divas, but a stable of 4-5 heel divas who figured they'd take her out while she was at her most vulnerable state. There could be some surprises in the stable, maybe like Kelly Kelly being the mastermind and turning heel or something like that. Then Kharma can come back and after the stable gets the best of her for a little while she can join forces with Beth Phoenix and they can finally win in a handicap match at a PPV. This could eventually lead to a falling out between them and a one on one match between the two most physically dominant females in the WWE.

Now I know this won't happen I just think it would be fun and an actual reason to give a shit about the divas for these reasons.

1. Nothing can garner more heat than beating up a pregnant chick. And not showing the beating won't put Kharma or the baby in any real danger.
2. No one or two divas can take out Kharma believably except for maybe Beth Phoenix. Plus I can't think of any diva stables so it will be a nice fresh idea for the divas and actually give them some personality.
3. If done right this could provide an excellent build up for all the divas in the stable plus a Kharma/Beth Phoenix matchup.
4. WWE hasn't done a mystery storyline in forever (forgetting the Raw GM because I don't think we'll ever know who it is as of now) and they are always fun to guess and great tools to add the element of surprise.

So what do you guys think?

Or they can use an actual story for when she comes back. It's not like we are going to forget her in a year. She will be right back to what she was doing before.

I don't think they'd put a storyline in the current PG product about a pregnant woman being beat. That screams PG doesn't it? I wouldn't mind a real storyline or something, not her being pregnant and beaten.

I'm not even sure that would make a cut in a storyline if WWE wasn't PG. Sounds like something TNA would do and get hated for it (and I watch TNA, and I'd hate them for it)

If anything, I think it should be opposite, I think throughout the whole pregnancy, their words against Kharma should haunt them and other diva's (not all of them though for storyline purposes) throughout the rest of the year (don't do this every week cause it'd get old) but every once in awhile have a diva layed out backstage, mostly one of the Bella's. The signs could point that Kharma was doing this but maybe it could be the master plan that some people were speculating that the reason Kelly Kelly was not harmed was that she had an alliance with Kharma and she's doing her bidding while out.

Maybe Kharma broke character but this could sure help keep her heel.

What makes you guys really think that she's going to be back in a year? Pregnancy isn't like tearing a bicep. After she has the kid, she has to raise it too. I'd wait and see if she even comes back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back