Unscripted 2014 - Runn (c) vs. Barbosa vs. Saboteur vs. Vega (World Title, HIAC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harthan

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
o93dw0.jpg

Ricky Runn has done the impossible and won the world heavyweight championship from Barbosa! The Swagtastic Voice of a Generation must now defend against the former champion and two extremely dangerous threats in Sabotuer and Vega! Who will stand tall with the world title at the end of Unscripted?

Deadline is Wednesday, February 19th, at 11:59 PM CST.

*Beep. Beep. Beep.

Darkness.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The dark is infringed upon by creeping light.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

All he can see is a white blurry ceiling.*

???: Sebastian?

*He knew that voice.

He attempts to turn towards its origins.

Immediately, he winces in pain and found that he could not turn any great distance as he was strapped to a board, his body held in traction due to some sort of back injury.

As that jolt of pain sends adrenaline through his system, it acts to help his faculties came back to him and he quickly notices that he could only see out of one eye. A brief moment of panic washes over him thinking that he has lost an eye, although it is quickly replaced by relief as he realises that the 'missing' ocular organ is simply covered over with an patch of gauze.*

???: Sebastian? Can you hear me?

*That voice again.

Slowly and not without further pain, he turns his head towards the voice.*

???: Sebastian!

*A name, a nickname even, comes to his lips.*

Sebastian: Brits?

Britney: Oh, Sebastian! I was so worried about you!

*With great effort, he asks a question.*

Sebastian: How…?

*Whether it was the question he was going to ask or not, Britney jumps in with what she thinks it was going to be.*

Britney: Someone from CWZ or something like that rang me from your phone. They said that I was the ICE number in your contacts and that you were in the hospital.

Because I am not next of kin, the doctors won't tell me what happened to you.

Sebastian: I don't… remember.

Britney: You look like you have been in a car crash, Seb. I could barely recognise you with that patch and swelling around your head. How do you feel?

Sebastian: In one piece.

Britney: That's good. I have asked…

*Knock, knock.

Britney and Sebastian, the latter with another wince of pain, look towards the door to their room where a head pokes around the corner.*

Man: Hi there, I am an official from WrestleZone Championship Wrestling. I am looking for one of our competitors called Barbosa who was brought to this hospital.

*Britney shakes her head.*

Britney: Sorry, there is no Barbosa here. Do you know anyone of that name, Sebastian?

*Sebastian seems to think on the question for a few seconds before slightly shaking his head.*

Sebastian: No. Never heard of him.

*The WZCW official raises his hand in apology.*

Man: Ah, sorry to have disturbed you. The hospital must have made a mistake.

*As the official leaves, closing the door behind him, Britney leans in close.*

Britney: As I was just about to say, I have asked the doctor's if it would be okay for you to be transferred back east.

Sebastian: And what did they say?

Britney: That once you had regained consciousness and passed some psyche tests, we could go home.

Sebastian: That's great! Maybe you should tell him that I am awake then. I would much rather be near home and you than stuck here.

*Britney's eyes light up.*

Britney: Then I can have you all to myself. No more galavanting around the country working.

*Sebastian nods in the affirmative and then sighs like some massive weight has been lifted from him and has a look of contentment on his face as Britney rises from her chair. At the foot of the bed though, she stops and ponders.*

Britney: I wonder what happened to that Barbosa man?

Sebastian: I don't know. But we do not have to worry about that now.

*Before she moves away to find their doctor, Sebastian uses what little power he has in his arm grab hold of Britney's hand as she passes around the other side of the bed and gives it a squeeze.*

Sebastian: We'll be back home shortly; making a life for ourselves.

*Meltdown 100.

Barbosa and Ricky Runn battle atop the tron, the WZCW hanging in the balance after a ferocious battle all over the arena. Just as the reigning champion, survivor and indeed victor of some of the most brutal matches in company history, seems to have finally cornered the opponent who has dogged him in recent weeks.

However, after fleeing in the face of most physicality, hiding behind his swaggers and even stealing the world title belt, Ricky Runn has one last, desperate gambit left in his arsenal. As Barbosa approaches for the kill, the challenger reaches out and jabs his thumb right into the champion's eye.

With that one 'move', time seems to stand still...*

The Smoker: That little fucker poked us in the eye!

*This outburst stems from the Smoker as he barges through the door to the poker room. His entrance causes the pacing Manic to look around and the seated Depressive to look up from his latest reading material.*

Depressive: What are we doing here?

The Smoker: We just explained that! Runn jabbed us right in the…

*The Smoker is cut short by the Depressive, whilst saying nothing more, putting his head in his hands, disconsolate.*

The Smoker: What's the matter?

*Then it hits the Smoker…*

The Smoker: Wait… if we are all in here then… and we were on top of the…

*The quite literal gravity of the situation has yet to hit the Manic.*

Manic: What is it?

*Suddenly, all three Barbosas look up as if something drastic happened above, or more accurately, outside.*

The Smoker: We are… falling…

*The Smoker hangs his head, mimicking the Depressive just moments earlier.*

The Smoker: Oh shit...

Manic: What? Will Poo catch us?

*Rather than unleash his usual torrent of anger, the Smoker merely walks serenely over to the table, taking a seat beside the silent Depressive.*

The Smoker: No, not this time.

Manic: Then what do we do?

The Smoker: Nothing.

Manic: What?!?

The Smoker: There is nothing we can do.

*With that, the Manic too hangs his head. After a few moments, he looks up somewhat teary-eyed and catches the gaze of the Smoker, who gestures to the empty chair at the table. Quietly and with acceptance, the Manic takes his place.

With all three around the table, the Depressive starts to deal out a hand of cards.

The Smoker releases a sigh.*

The Smoker: We had a good run.

*The Depressive simply nods in the affirmative, accepting the surprisingly warm, outstretched hand from the Smoker, shaking it respectfully.*

Manic: We wish Hunt was here…

*In yet another show of unexpected camaraderie and empathy towards his long-time annoyance, the Smoker reaches out to the sad Manic and puts a comforting hand on his shoulder.*

The Smoker: We do too, buddy...

A cloudy sky stretches for miles above Saboteur Tower and strong gusts of wind pound against at the tallest structure west of the Mississippi. This doesn’t seem to deter Saboteur, who is sitting in his penthouse office, furiously studying his opponents for his upcoming match at Unscripted where he will be competing for the WZCW World Heavyweight Championship.

Saboteur: Barbosa… if Ricky Runn can beat him, maybe the monster is dead after all? There’s no telling with him though. To borrow a phrase from my old friend Action Saxton, “Sucka is crazy.” Something is wrong with his brain, and I would know, I have an honorary degree in neurology from the O.J. Simpson School for the Wrongly Accused of Murder. Being trapped in a cage could bring out the worst in him, and Barbosa’s worst is capable of some of the most horrifying violence you may ever see.

Then there’s Vega, the heartless goon of NYC. I’ve beaten him before; I see no reason why I won’t be able to beat him again. People saw such promise in him during his Mayhem Title Reign, but he’s been unable to prove he’s able to hang with the big dogs in WZCW. I’m sure he’ll try to prove he’s worthy of this spot by pulling some insane stunt in the Cell, but I’ll make sure I’m there to knock him down and take him out.

And then that leaves our new champion: Ricky Runn. Just saying that makes my stomach turn, and I once shared a taxi with Armando Paradyse after a workout. Ricky Runn as World Champion is a travesty I cannot let stand, and I will make it my mission to take that coward out. He’s trapped in that Cell with nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and nobody to call for backup. It’s time that Ricky Runn gets what’s coming to him.

Just as Saboteur wraps up this expertly done analysis of his competition, Garrett bursts into the room, out of breath, but with a panicked look on his face.

Garrett: Saboteur! What are you doing up here? Didn’t you hear the announcement on the PA?

Saboteur: I turned that thing off. It was always distracting me from my very important work.

Garrett: There’s a tornado warning! Two have already touched down within ten miles from here, and they say more are going to come! We gotta get out of here!

Saboteur: An emergency, eh? Sounds like the perfect time to test out my new panic room!

Saboteur reaches under his desk and hits a secret button. The room instantly begins to transform into a panic room, with steel shutters and locks closing out all the doors and windows, and a bookshelf full of candy and 1970s sitcoms on VHS rises from the floor.

Saboteur: See? We’ve got everything we need to survive any sort of attack on the tower!

Garrett: Saboteur… this is a tornado! And we’re on the top floor!

Saboteur walks over to Garrett and pats him on the back.

Saboteur: Now now Garrett, I know you wanted to get a million dollar view of the tornado too, but you can’t have a panic room without steel shutters over the window!

Garrett grabs Saboteur by the shoulders and starts to shake him.

Garrett: You idiot! You’ve doomed us! I’ve put up with your shenanigans for years thinking it was harmless fun, but now you’ve done and gotten us both killed!

Saboteur is about to respond but is interrupted as the room starts to shake violently. Both Saboteur and Garrett struggle just to keep their footing, but it is of no use, and soon the two are thrown against the wall, knocking them both unconscious.

------------------------------​

Saboteur and Garrett wake up… on the ceiling. The shutters over the windows are broken, revealing that the top floor of Saboteur Tower has become the first floor.

Saboteur is the first to make his way to his feet, and Garrett soon follows.

Garrett: What… what happened? Why do I feel… furry?

Saboteur: What are you talking about? You’ve always been furry. You’re my pet talking dog, after all.

Garrett looks down and lets out a panicked scream as he discovers that he’s magically turned into a dog.

Garrett: What?!?! I’m a dog?!?! What the fu-

Saboteur whacks Garrett in the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

Saboteur: Bad dog! No cursing! Now, let’s get out of here through the emergency roof hatch.

Garrett rubs his nose, but the look on his face is one of begrudging acceptance of is new body.

The duo climbs out of the roof hatch and looks around at their landing site. The surrounding area is… curious. There are trees budding with steel chairs, houses constructed out of steel cages, and to top it all off, the duo is greeted by a small army of midget luchadors.

Saboteur: Garrett… I don’t think we’re in Wyoming anymore.

Saboteur Vol. 14 Ep. 4: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Saboteur kneels down to make eye contact with one of the midget luchadors.

Saboteur: Hey there lil’ guy! Do you think you can tell us where we are?

The luchadors all start to giggle with glee and jump around joyously. The luchador responds.

Midget Lucha: Why, you’re in Luchaland in the Happy Kingdom of WoZ!

Saboteur: WoZ?

Midget Lucha: Indeed sir! And on behalf of all of WoZ, we wish to welcome you to Luchaland!

The luchas all line up and sing in beautiful harmony.

We wish to welcome you to Luchaland
It is quite grand
Listen to our band
We wish to welcome you to Luchalaaaaand
Now let’s all get so drunk that we can’t staaaaand!

The luchas all take out flasks and start to drink boisterously. One slaps a flask in Saboteur’s hand, but Saboteur is not interested in drinking.

Saboteur: I don’t have time for singing and drinking with a bunch of awesome little people; I have a match to prepare for! Now can you tell me how to get back to Wyoming?

Most of the luchas continue to drink and dance, but the greeter attempts to answer Saboteur’s question.

Midget Lucha: Hmmm, I don’t believe there is a town in WoZ named Wyoming, but perhaps the Great and Powerful Owner of WoZ will know!

The luchas all stop in silence at the mention of the Owner of WoZ and whisper amongst themselves.

Midget Lucha: They say the Great and Powerful Owner knows all and is capable of anything! Perhaps he knows how to get you back to Why-oh-meeng.

Saboteur: Okay, well where do I find the Owner of WoZ?

Midget Lucha: Why, the Hell in a Palace of course! And to get there you just…

The luchas all burst out into song again.

Follow the Canvas Road!
Follow the Canvas Road!
Follow follow follow follow follow the Canvas Road!
We know you want to get back home
So down the road you must roam
So roam and roam and roam and roam and roooooam
And don’t forget this pocket comb!

They’re off to see the Owner, the wonderful Owner of WoZ!

One of the luchas hands a pocket comb to Saboteur, who immediately dismisses the present and immediately tosses it in a nearby garbage can. The rest of the luchas get behind Saboteur and Garrett and immediately start pushing them down the Canvas Road.

Garrett: Are we there yet?

Saboteur: Obviously we’re not there yet! I’ve seen nothing but cornfields for the past two hours.

Garrett: Maybe we’re in Nebraska. That’s not too far from Wyoming at all.

Saboteur: Nah, if we were in Nebraska we’d have seen less Mexican dwarves and more drunk red necks.

???: Don’t be silly, you’re in the cornfields of WoZ of course!

Saboteur: Who said that?!

???: Over here! In the corn! Come by and we can be friends!

Saboteur and Garrett push their way through a few feet of corn stalks to reveal a scarecrow in the clearing.

Garrett: A talking scarecrow? I’m starting to discount the possibility of this being Nebraska.

Scarecrow: Indeed! And I’d be ever so grateful if you…

The Scarecrow has a coughing fit before continuing.

Scarecrow: Let me down from here you sons of bitches, before I blind your mothers a butter knife!

Saboteur: Holy guacamole, Garrett! A bipolar Scarecrow!

Scarecrow: If you don’t let me down in five seconds, I swear to shit that I will… give you both big hugs and tell you what wonderful friends we shall be!

Garrett: I don’t know about this guy, Saboteur. We should probably get out of here before he turns back into Mr. Hyde.

Saboteur: I’m pretty sure his name isn’t Mr. Hyde, Garrett. Good sir, what do you call yourself?

Scarecrow: I’m Scarebosa! And I don’t want to be so mean, but I don’t want to be too nice either. I just want to be… normal.

Saboteur: See, Garrett? He means us no harm. I’ll let you down fella!

Saboteur takes out one of his katans and cuts the ropes binding Scarebosa to his mount.

Scarebosa: Gee thanks new friend! I’m so happy, I could sing a song!

Garrett: What is it with this place and singing? Why does everyone seem to feel the need to share information by singing?

Scarebosa is too busy warming up for his song and dance number to answer Garrett.

Scarebosa: I would get a full time job, I’d be less of a slob, my sight would be in frame
I’d be a normal guy, not too low nor too high, if only I were sane.
No one would call me crazy, whacky, dumb or hazy, a human run away train
They’d say I’m just a fella, who is known to me mella if only I were sane!

Garrett: Did he just say “mellow” as “mella?”

Scarebosa: Well I’m the type of guy *cough cough*
That would like to bash your head in!

Scarebosa grabs the stick he was stuck on and starts chasing after Saboteur and Garrett with it.

Scarebosa: I could kill, just for the thrill!
Or maybe tickle you under your chin! Hehehe!

Scarebosa stops chasing Saboteur and Garrett with the stick and instead starts using it as a prop for his dance.

Scarebosa: I could settle down in the nice part of town, and live a life more plain.
I would be your new best friend until the very end if only I were sane!

Scarebosa tosses his stick aside and poses for the end of his routine.

Saboteur: Well then maybe you can come with us down the Canvas Road to Hell in a Palace to see the Owner of WoZ. Perhaps he can help you become sane!

Scarebosa: That sounds great! I can’t wait until I… kill you in your sleep… become best buddies with you and sing about fairies and rainbows!

Garrett: Yeah, this can’t go horribly wrong.

The trio of travelers traverses through a thickly wooded forest.

Saboteur: You’d think that there would be more businesses on what seems to be the only major road in this whole country. I haven’t seen a single McDonalds since we’ve gotten here, and I’m getting hungry!

Garrett: We’re in a forest surrounded by apple trees. Why not just grab an apple?

???: I wouldn’t do that if I were you.

Scarebosa jumps in fright.

Scarebosa: Who said that? Show yourself!

???: I can’t. I’m stuck. Go away, I don’t want help from a bunch of douchebags anyway.

The trio follows the sound of the noise to a nearby apple tree and finds an axe wielding tin man whose axe is stuck in the tree, and his hands are stuck to the axe.

???: What’s the matter with you, can’t you understand English? I said go away!

Saboteur: You go away.

Garrett: What’s your name, friend?

???: My name is none of your god damn business.

Garrett: You heard the man, let’s just get to the Owner of WoZ so we can get the heck out of here.

???: Wait! You’re going to see the Owner of WoZ? Is it true that he can grant you anything you wish for?

Saboteur: That’s what the dancing midget luchadors told us.

???: Maybe you help me get unstuck from this tree and I accompany you to see the Owner?

Saboteur: I don’t know, you seem like a real downer.

???: My name is Balrog, I am the protector of these woods, but occasionally I get bored and decide to kill stuff.

Saboteur: That’s terrible! Why do you do that?

Balrog: If you get me unstuck from this tree I can tell you in song and dance.

Garrett: Look, we’re running out of time. How about you tell us why you’re a sociopath while we get you unstuck?

Balrog: Well, I suppose that works too.

Saboteur, Garrett, and Scarebosa begin yanking and pulling at Balrog’s body in an attempt to get him loose.

Balrog: When I was built to protect these woods, my creator forgot to gave me a heart. That’s why I am so willing to destroy the things I was born to protect: I have no compassion for anything.

The trio gives up on trying to free Balrog, whom hasn’t budged an inch.

Saboteur: Okay, clearly this isn’t going to work. Maybe if we spit on him he’ll be lubricated enough to let go of the axe.

Saboteur, Garrett, and Scarebosa all start spitting on Balrog, and within a few moments he is able to break away from his axe and the tree.

Scarebosa: It worked! I’m so happy you are free! … And I’m so happy I got to spit on someone!

Balrog: How about we never talk about this to anyone ever again? Kay?

The foursome forays farther forward as they make their way through a dense jungle.

Garrett: I don’t like this. Are you sure we’re going the right way?

Saboteur: We’re on the Canvas Road, aren’t we? It’s not exactly possible that there have been any wrong turns to take.

???: Oh you ninjas are in the WRONG part of town!

Saboteur: Look, we’re over two-thousand words deep right now, and I’m pretty sure whoever is reading this is hasn’t gone this long without watching internet porn since before their balls descended. Why don’t you just come out and introduce yourself?

???: But… I was going to threaten you from afar! I had a whole list of insults about your momma!

Saboteur: Well why don’t you come say them to my face?

???: B…b…because I’m a-scared!

Scarebosa: Oh come here! I promise I won’t hurt you!

Balrog: I don’t.

Garrett: Me neither.

Scarebosa: Nor I.

???: No! You can’t make me! I’m too good for you dudes anyway! I’m the king of the jungle of WoZ! I’m the baddest man there is! I’m… OUCH!

Saboteur grabs a hold of a dangling tail and yanks, bringing its owner, a super flamboyant lion, crashing to the ground. He starts to cry.

???: What’d ya do that for!?

Saboteur: I’m tired of the run around! What’s your name?

In panicked tears, the lion responds.

???: I’m the Swagtastic Lion of WoZ! Please don’t hurt me!

Garrett: More like the cry baby lion of WoZ.

Saboteur: Sheesh, you call yourself a lion? You’re nothing but a pussycat!

Swagtastic Lion: I know! If only I had a little courage, I’d be the brave and powerful lion that WoZ deserves.

Music starts playing overhead.

Garrett: Oh lord, not again.

Swagtastic Lion: I’m just a little kitten, no more harmful than a mitten, as obedient as a slave.
I’d be a downright hero, no longer just a zero, if only I were brave!

Saboteur: Well maybe you can come see the Owner of Woz with us and he can give you the courage you need!

Swagtastic Lion: Do ya mean it?! Are you sure you won’t be embarrassed to be seen with a cowardly lion?

Saboteur looks the lion up and down and takes note of the glitter in his fur and his stutter shades.

Saboteur: Trust me, that’s not why I’ll be embarrassed to be seen with you. Come on now fellas, we got an owner to see!

Group: We’re off to see the Owner, the wonderful Owner of WoZ!

------------------------------

The quintet moves forward through a dark hallway, each step causing an echo the reverberates in every direction.

Swagtastic Lion: I’m s… s… scared! What if he’s mean to me?

Balrog: Quit your whining, ya big sissy! Boy if I had my axe right now, let me tell ya I’d plant it in the back of your skull!

Saboteur: Shhh, be nice! I’d hate to be embarrassed by you two in front of the Owner of WoZ.

Scarebosa: You don’t have to worry about me! I’m totally fine!

Garrett: I’m MORE worried about you than anyone else.

Finally, the five men arrive at a door at the end of the hallway. On it is a placard that says, “Owner of WoZ.”

Saboteur: I guess this is it. Do I knock? Do I just go in? I feel like I should have made an appointment.

Balrog: Out of the way, sissy, I’ll take care of this.

Balrog pushes Saboteur out of the way and opens the door. The three other men and one dog follow Balrog in, but they stop short when they are greeted by a smiling face sitting behind a desk.

Owner of WoZ: Hello gentlemen. How may I help you?

Saboteur: Huh… this is… huh.

Owner of WoZ: Is something wrong?

Saboteur: No, it’s just that the way people spoke of you and your power, I kind of expected you to be sitting in a massive throne room with terrifying pyrotechnics, not an office with a mahogany desk.

Owner of WoZ: My throne room is under renovation. In the mean time, I can handle your business here. How can I help you?

Scarebosa: I need to be sane!

Balrog: I need compassion!

Swagtastic Lion: I wanna be brave!

Saboteur: And I want to go home.

The Owner of WoZ stands up from behind his desk and walks to the other side. He leans against the front of his desk and studies the men that stand in front of him. After a few moments he smiles and shakes his head.

Owner of WoZ: I’m sorry my friends, but I cannot help any of you.

Balrog: What!? Why not!?

Owner of WoZ: Because, the desire to change for the better comes from within a man’s soul, not from a man that makes all the important decisions for a kingdom.

Scarebosa, your insanity has certainly caused you much grief over the years, but it’s also been the source of much of your strength. Could a sane man scare crows as successfully as you do?

Balrog, you have made few friends in your time here in WoZ, but your accomplishments in defending the woods from intruders are second to none! It is your lack of compassion that has made you such a powerful force in the Kingdom of WoZ.

And Swagtastic Lion, you may be the most pitiful creature in all of WoZ, but you are also the king of the jungle! Don’t change now just because you feel the pressure to be a different lion. Embrace what makes you you!

Saboteur: But what about me? I don’t want to change. I just want to go home.

Owner of WoZ: I’m sorry Saboteur, but I need you to stay here. Look around you, look at the men that represent the best of my land. I need someone with the sanity to know right and wrong, the compassion to lead and protect those that cannot protect themselves, and the courage to stand against impossible odds. WoZ needs a hero to lead it from these dark times into a new age of light, and I believe you are that man Saboteur.

The time for fun and games is over, Saboteur. The time to prove yourself is here. We live and work in a wild world, and we need a man with your unique set of skills and traits to be our guide through it. Are you ready for that?

Saboteur nods sternly.

Saboteur: Yes.

Owner of WoZ: Good. Now you need to do one last thing. Wake up.

------------------------------

Saboteur’s head shoots up from his desk. He is back in his penthouse office in Saboteur Tower. The view from his window is bright and sunny.

Saboteur: Well, that was a weird dream.

Saboteur looks down at his desk. His files for all three of his opponents for his upcoming match at Unscripted are scattered in front of him. Saboteur stands up from his desk, puffs out his chest, and speaks in a heroic voice.

Saboteur: It’s time for a change in WZCW. I am going to be that change.

Ricky:"Who needs a Doctor when you have swag, and the World Heavyweight Title!?"

The scene transitions to a hospital, where we see our hero, down right sexy protagonist, and least we forget, the World Heavyweight Champion, Ricky Runn. To the dismay of the world, most of Ricky's precious and beautiful body was wrapped up in bandages. Namely his washboard abs were protected by the white fabric. His forehead was also bandaged, and draped over his shoulder was the World Heavyweight Title. Ricky was sitting up in the bed with the members of the Swag Pack waiting outside. The doctor looks down at his clipboard and starts rambling off boring, useless doctor talk. Ricky, spent his time better served doing the important things in life. Like shining his belt, making sure it was perfect before grabbing his phone and taking a selfie with it. Ricky then uploaded a picture of him and the title with the caption. "Got that Titantron swag". It wasn't until the doctor finally said something relevant did it send Ricky back down to Earth.

Doctor Shwaggin:"The damage along your jejunum spiked some serious concern, and professionally I feel you may never be able to turn your Swag on ever again."

Ricky:"Woah woah woah woah, slow your roll. What do you mean, 'never'?"

Doctor Shwaggin:"Well to be honest with you, Mr.Runn. I have never seen this much damage to the jejunum before. Did you defecate yourself before leaping off the top of the titantron? Because that's the only way I can see someone taking so much damage to their jejunum."

Ricky then gets onto the defensive.

Ricky:"What, of course not, why would I? Do you not know the motto, ,YOLO?"

Doctor Shwaggin:"Yes, Mr.Runn I'm aware of what YOLO means but I don't think that protects you from the danger of jumping off a 40 foot platform onto man and metal."

Ricky:"Nonsense, isn't that what the jejunum is for? Protecting us from crazy insane stunts?"

Doctor Shwaggin:"Um, do you even know what the jejunum is?"

Ricky:"It's located right along the spine, next to your shoulder, right?"

The doctor gives Ricky a confused look before sighing. Realizing that perhaps Ricky's brilliance was too much to argue against he moves on.

Doctor Shwaggin:"Right, but the problem still remains. I recommend you take time off from wrestling. At least until you can turn your swag on again."

Ricky:"Um, no way. I can't miss a day of work, Doctor Swaggin. I'm the most important man in wrestling. I'm the world champion, and if I'm not there who's going to be a voice of an entire generation? Saboteur? Vega? Unless you want to see our generation wearing spandex or grooming their tacky goatees than I need to be out there!"

The good doctor let out a sigh, trying to collect his thoughts on how he could prevent the fearless, brave, handsome, and extreme competitor from wrestling the biggest match in his career. Though once the doctor realized there was no stopping Ricky's eternal fighting spirit he gripped his clipboard and said sternly to the current King of the World, Ricky Runn.

Doctor Shwaggin:"Ricky I'm afraid unless something changes drastically in the next week, I have to declare you physically unable to compete! If you compete with a damaged jejunum you risk not only a chance to shit yourself but your swag will never be able to turn on ever again!"

Before Ricky could speak up, the doctor left the room in a huff. Leaving Ricky to think upon what the Doctor just told him. Runn was a deep thinking individual, he always found himself dreaming away and thinking about the important things in life. Like his good looks, the color of his own eyes and how they seem to reflect perfectly off of any surface. Then of course his World Title belt, which was the biggest piece of fashion bling since Flavor Flav's giant clock. You know, the important things. Time passed by with day fading into the night. Ricky found his inner strength and stood up from his hospital bed to look out the window.

Ricky:"So this is it? I'm stuck here for Unscripted? I climb to the top of the mountain, I got to the top of the mountain, and then I jumped off without a single thought. So now I'm stuck here, unable to compete and I have to give up my title? I can't even fight to defend my swag? I can't just make it that simple for Saboteur, Barbosa, or Vega. I'm undefeated against Saboteur, throughout our entire careers he has yet to take down the Swagtastic voice of a generation. I beat him when I teamed with Austin Reynolds, I beat him in singles matches, and I can beat him again if I'm given the chance."

???:"I heard someone needed to get their swag back on."

From the darkness, of the hospital room, Ricky turned around and to his surprise was one of the swaggiest men in the 1980's. It was none other than Apollo Creed!

Apollo Creed:"You know for an entire voice of a generation, you sure are a whiny bunch. Back in my day ninja, a doctor told us we couldn't compete we told them to shove it! I remember doctor told me 'hey fool, you can't fight Drago, he'll kill you!' I showed that fool what the business was."

Ricky Runn:"Um, didn't you die after fighting Drago?

Apollo Creed:"Hush yo face, Ninja. Apollo Creed is gonna do for you what he did for Rocky Balboa when he fought Clubber Lang."

Ricky Runn:"Oo, are we going to have a montage where we run along the beach in short shorts?"

Apollo Creed:"What? I mean, yeah. But you younger generation don't know what real swag is. With all your iPhones and gizmos I'm surprised you know how to dress yourself. Get some clothes on Ninja, we got to get your swag back on."

Ricky Runn:"Why not? This wouldn't be the first time I followed some over the hill athlete for training."

With that said, Ricky followed the old swag man out of the hospital. As soon as Ricky stepped out of the front doors music started to play...

Ricky looks over to Apollo and asks in confusion.

Ricky:"Um, where is that music coming from?"

Apollo, who was wearing shirt and tie in the hospital was now in short shorts and shouted at the Swagtastic voice of a generation.

Apollo Creed:"Training montage don't question it and follow my lead!"

Sure enough, Ricky and Apollo Creed go through 3 whole minutes of training. That's right, in a total of three minutes Ricky and Apollo were able to combine swimming, running, shadow boxing, and punching bags into the complete package. At the end of the training montage Ricky and Apollo are standing at the beach watching the Sunrise. Ricky was gasping for air, never in his life did he feel his swag turn on from such a short timed exercise.

Ricky:"Is that how all the cool people in the 80's prepared for big fights?"

Apollo Creed:"Ninja, it was the only way we prepared for the fights. Though look at yeah, it only took like 4 minutes and you're back in perfect health. To be straight with yeah, I thought you wouldn't be able to do it. I never had much hope for the new age Swag."

Ricky:"This is the new generation, homey. I am going to be that voice for the new generation. Think about it, in my business all of the old guard is long and gone. Titus, Showtime, Big Dave, there time in the lime light has came and passed, know what I'm saying? WZCW is changing, and it needs a figurehead to push that change. It needs an icon, a voice for the masses. The same old geezers who rooted for Ty Burna are long and gone, and after what I did to Barbosa I'd be surprised if he even showed up. I was David, he was Goliath. My swag was my sling and now my sling has turned me into Goliath. I'm the man to beat, and this man is going on a warpath."

Ricky's fingers run through his magnificent hair. he looked at the now rising sun and said to the former Heavyweight Champion Boxer.

Ricky:"The tide is changing in the company. Vega was once on top of the world, and the non-swagging douche thinks he is still the Mayhem champion. So in that regard, he still thinks I'm the same punk without any sort of fashion sense. Now I got that swagga, I have done something he has yet to be able to do. I beat Barbosa, no I slayed Barbosa. With the bright lights on me I shined brighter than the North Star. This is too big of a match for Vega to win and if he thinks he can get out of this slump and take down my swag? Doubt it."

Apollo chuckled and grinned over to the young whipper snapper and said.

Apollo Creed:"So it's gonna be that easy? You walk in as champ, and walk out as Champ?"

Ricky:"Brother, when you get swag the only thing you forget is how to lose. I defied the odds and won the Gold Rush Tournament, I defied popular opinion when they thought Barbosa would remain Champion, then I defied gravity when I launched myself 40 feet into the air. I will defy haters and prove that I can turn my swag on whenever I want. Who needs a doctor's opinion when you have Swag? Hell you can't stop me when I have my swag on. Thanks Apollo Creed I'm really glad you-- "

Suddenly, more music began to play from seemingly out of nowhere.

Ricky Runn:"Oh god, please not again."

Tears can be seen going down the face of Apollo Creed who was now carrying massive dumbbells and shouted to Ricky.

Apollo Creed:"Never defy the montage kid!"

Ricky:"I wish you were still a dead guy!"

We are far away.

We are far away from noise. Far away from distraction. Far away from society. Far away from work, from commutes, from traffic, from... life. Far, far away from the busy life that circles around us, surrounds us in it's hateful embrace as it slowly strangles us, suffocates us like a snake does it's prey, until we cannot take life... anymore.

From all of this... we are far away.

The endless night sky seems to reach all the way down as it gently engulfs the grassy cliff we find ourselves upon. A mother and child sit innocently near the edge overlooking the ocean far beneath them. They are illuminated only by the moon and the stars above them, and a few fireflies floating around them. The mother is looking up towards the stars, leaning backwards using her hands to keep her sitting up, in awe of the scene in front of her. The child, a young boy, has his head down, his eyes fixated on the blades of grass that caress his palm and fingers as he gently brushes his hand back and forth with a bored look on his face.

Look at them, Will.

What?

The stars. Aren't they beautiful?

Young Will looks up to see what his mother sees. His eyes, however, fail to look as wide and awe inspired as her eyes do. Neither one looks at the other, they just stare up at the stars.

All of those tiny sparkles of light in the sky, those stars, they've been there for millions of years. They're so far away from us, from this world, that it takes light years for the light to travel through space and reach our eyes at this very moment. This light that we see, it's older than both of us. Older than mankind itself.

So, it's kind of like looking into the past... ?

She chuckles, and replies with a subdued excitement in her tone.

Yeah, kind of. Funny, we all try to live in the present, but somehow always end up looking towards the past.

The child looks over to his mother.

What do you mean?

She breaks her stare down with the night sky and looks back over to her son.

You're too young to understand. You're only 7, Will. You're so lucky right now, you don't even have a past you can look back to. This right now, this is the past that you will remember. We all look forward to the future. Then, we want to live in the past.

But, you've always told me to live in the present. Live every day like it's my last, right?

I know.

Then why do you get mad when I help Dad?

Because when I say "live everyday like it's your last" I don't mean it in a go skydiving, running with bulls, swimming with sharks kind of way. Nor does it mean you can live life in anarchy, ignoring rules and devaluing the lives of others. Dying tomorrow doesn't excuse your actions today. It just means you don't have to live with them.

What?

She let's out an overwhelmed sigh as she looks down, upset at herself.

I'm sorry, honey. It's like I said... you're too young to understand all of this. You shouldn't fill your head with things like death and regrets.

She looks up towards the sky again.

Let's just look up at the stars.

The young boy looks at his mother as she leans back and stares up, losing herself in the sight. After a few moments, Will also leans back and looks up towards the sky alongside his mother. They sit there, silently, enjoying the view. Suddenly, the silence is broken.

Mom?

Yes, hun?

Do stars die?

She thinks for a moment, as she turns to look at her child again. She takes her time before finally responding.

Yes. Yes they do, son.

How?

Well... stars are basically large balls of fire in space. The sun, is a star. It's the closest star to earth. All those other tiny specks of light you see in the sky tonight, they're full of energy and held together by it's own gravity. Eventually, the star begins to burn out and it's own gravity forces all of the energy to collapse into itself. At this point, three things can happen. The first is the star simply burning out quietly, never to be seen from again. The second thins is called a supernova. A supernova is one of the most powerful, violent, and deadly forces in the history of the entire universe. If a super nova took place dozens of light years away from us, it could still cause enough damage to our planet to bring upon the extinction of all living things on earth. It's essentially a huge explosion, bigger than all of the planets in our solar system put together, a trillion times bigger than our sun, and it destroys everything around it. It blows everything up into an almost infinite amount of pieces. Everything becomes stardust. Everything, Will. Look around us. The grass, the dirt, the trees, the water, even us. You and me, our hands, our feet, our hearts... stardust. We are all made of stars. Supernovas, while initially one of the most destructive forces this universe has ever experienced, end up becoming the basis for all of life to even exist.

Both Will and his mother look back towards the stars. Will's eyes now resemble his mothers much more than they did at first, staring at the stars in awe.

Wow.

She smiles, and puts her arm around her son. He nestles his head against her while still looking up.

Yeah... Wow.

The two admire the wondrous vision above them for a couple of moments. They bask in the moon's reflected light, and soak in the silence until finally, it is broken.

You said that three things can happen to a star; it burns out, it explodes into a supernova... what's the third?

His mother sits up straight and looks down towards her son as she raises her eyebrows almost cautiously.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. How could I forget about black holes.

Black holes?

Yeah.

What's a black hole?

Remember how I said that a supernova is one of the most powerful events in our universe?

Yeah...

Well, the black hole may be the most powerful event of all. When a dying star is in the stage where gravity forces it to collapse into itself, it can either burn out, explode, or become a black hole. Essentially what happens is, the force of gravity becomes so great, that it sucks anything and everything around it. The gravitational force is so massive that it sucks in other stars, entire planets, and even light itself cannot escape a black hole.

Whoa... what happens when you get sucked in?

Nobody really knows, son. Some people say that time no longer exists. Some say you are taken to a parallel universe. Other say you just fall through a dark abyss for the rest of existence. Truth is, nobody really know for sure. Not yet, at least.

They look at each other, showing the slightest hint of nerves from just picturing the powerful galactic event in their minds. Both of them slowly revert their attention back to the stars, and continue to sit in silence as the scene slowly fades to black.

--------------
31 Years Later
--------------

The door to Vega's downtown New York City apartment bursts open as a swarm of C.I.A. agents enter the premises, including Agent Fields, the agent in charge of the investigation. Soon after they walk in, they all stop in their tracks, confused at the sight. Alexis enters the penthouse shortly after. She walks passed all the other agents to continue in, until she too comes to a halt. Her eyebrows furrow as she stands there in the same confusion the agents find themselves in.

Are you just wasting our time, Alexis? Was this all a part of some grand scheme?

Alexis is dead silent as she looks around, stunned to find the penthouse completely empty. There is nothing left. No couches, no paintings, no pictures, no light bulbs... nothing. Everything was gone. Alexis walks into what used to be the living room while looking around, staggering three hundred sixty degrees trying to process what is happening.

That's it, you're under arrest for -

We live here, I swear!

Then where is everything!?

I don't know!

All the agents besides Agent Fields walk through out the penthouse to further investigate the premises. The manner in which they exit the various rooms seems to indicate that they're all empty. Alexis' eyes begin to widen, as if the light bulb in her head has just gone off. Instantly, a look of panic takes over her eyes. She puts her hands to her face and looks around in fear, afraid at every turn.

Oh my God!

What?

He knows.

Who knows?

Vega. He knows.

Knows what?

Alexis stops looking around at the empty room and looks back towards Agent Fields.

That I've turned.

How do you know that?

Because all my shit is gone!

Relax, dammit!

Relax!? Vega knows that I snitched on him. He knows I've turned. Do you know what that means!? Do you know what he's done to people he could care less about? Do you have any idea what he'll do to the person who stabbed him in the back!?

Don't worry, we'll find him.

And then what!? You have nothing to convict him on. No evidence. Just my word against his... and I don't even know his real name! I'm dead.

We'll protect you.

Alexis laughs.

How do you know he isn't watching us with a sniper rifle across the street atop that roof right now.

Agent Fields nervously looks through the window for signs of Vega.

Or that this entire building won't explode any minute. Or that some of your agents aren't already dead throughout this penthouse.

Fields begins looking throughout the penthouse, but sees all of his agents alive and moving which brings him a small ounce of relief during a stressful moment.

Dammit, Alexis! You better not be setting me up!

With a hopeless smile, she shakes her head in submission.

Oh Agent Fields... you don't understand. If you die... I die.

Nobody is going to die.

Maybe we're already dead.

Stop saying that. Where could he be right now?

Where could Vega be?

Yeah... where?

Alexis shrugs as she laughs nervously.

Vega is a master at creating new identities and the government documentation to prove it.

Well where would he go at a time like this?

A time like this? Trust me, Fields... he's never gone through a time like this before. Vega has marked me as an enemy. His enemies rarely know what he will do. They rarely understand what he is capable of. The Vega that I knew yesterday, is no longer the Vega we are dealing with today. I was his only friend in this world. The only friend he's ever had in his entire life, and in his eyes, I've firmly jammed a jagged dagger directly into his back. Vega has put bullets through people's heads while donning sinister smiles just because he could. Now, Vega has a purpose. Now, he has a reason to kill. Truth be told, I have no idea what Vega will do next... but I wouldn't want to be around him when he does it.

And to answer your question, Agent Fields, he could be anywhere.

-----------------

"This program was brought to you by the Australian Broadcasting Corpor-"

Before the line is finished, the television is turned off. There, sitting in his living room with the remote in his hand, is Steven Kurtesy. He looks to his watch as he stretches out his other hand and lets out a long yawn. He looks outside to see that the moon and stars are out, and it's getting late. Kurtesy gets up from his couch and begins walking through the halls of his home towards the bedroom. On his way there, he sees something that catches his eye. The door to his home office is opened. He squints as he looks in it's direction as he slowly approaches.

Hmm...

Kurtesy looks into the small open space that the door is cracked open, but can only see that the lights are off. A creaking noise is heard as he slowly opens the door. As he walks inside, he instinctively reaches for the light switch, but for some reason, he freezes. It isn't until the sound of the hammer being pulled back and the bullet being loaded into the chamber that Steven realizes a gun is aimed directly at the side of his head. Everyone is motionless, in the dark, and in silence.

Hello Professor.

Vega turns on the light to reveal himself, standing there aiming his Desert Eagle at Kurtesy's temple. At the sides of "The Professor's" office are a number of large bookcases all filled with different texts. There is also a large mahogany desk specially carved sitting in front of an open window. This window, has an impressive looking telescope pointing out of it. Kurtesy nonchalantly walks over to his desk and leans against it to face Vega. Vega stares back at him with a confused look on his face as he continues to aim the gun at his head. Steven puts his hands out to the sides as if he's giving himself up.

What are you doing?

So this is how it ends, huh?

What are you talking about?

One week I retire, the next week I'm murdered by someone trying to make a name for himself. The legacy of Steven Kurtesy... Alright, have at it.

He continues to stretch his arms out, sacrificing himself to Vega, who only stares back in silence, not knowing how to react. Kurtesy begins to chuckle to himself before lowering his arms and walking towards Vega. He walks so close that the barrel of the gun is now pressing up against his chest. Steven stares Vega in the eyes with a smile on his face. Vega sigh as he looks to he ground, and lowers the gun. Kurtesy turns his back to Vega and walks back towards his desk.

You knew.

Knew what?

That I had no intention of shooting you.

Kurtesy walks around the desk and sits at his chair. He looks towards Vega, who is holstering his Desert Eagle.

I took a shot in the dark.

He smiles at his own pun. Vega, however, does not seem amused.

I suppose I didn't know for certain. I just didn't believe, at that moment, you were going to pull the trigger. And here we are.

Vega doesn't seem satisfied with that answer, but accepts it for now.

Here we are.

Vega walks around as he observes the different books along the shelves. Kurtesy watches him for a couple of moments before asking the obvious question.

So, Vega... why are you here?

Vega smiles as he looks along the shelves and reads the titles along the book ends up close and carefully, as if searching for something specific.

Why am I here? You know Steve, I've been wondering that my entire flight over here. Didn't they used to send all the criminals from Europe down here or something?

Something like that.

Seems fitting for me to be here then, doesn't it?

I suppose.

After a couple of silent moments, Kurtesy speaks up.

You know, just because I told you that you needed to be the old Vega to have a chance at "Unscripted" doesn't mean I thought you should go out and start shooting people. But, you're smart enough to know that. So why are you here? Why travel so far just to come here and see me?

Vega stops as he comes across a book entitled "The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of Schizophrenia." He slides it out from the shelf on the book case and casually begins to flip through it as he slowly paces around the room.

To be quite honest with you, Steve... there aren't many places I can go at the moment. I don't exactly have a home right now. So, until "Unscripted," I've got nowhere I need to be.

And where's your little partner in crime there, Alexis?

Well see, that's just it. Alexis, is now out of the picture.

What do you mean?

Vega smirks.

Relax, Steven... she's alive. Alive and talking. But she's dead to me.

I see. So, she's decided to finally turn you in.

Well, she's trying. Truth is they have nothing on me. Not a shred of evidence. No fingerprints, not DNA, no video, no record of me ever committing a crime. Just hearsay from an ex-Interpol agent gone rogue. Even if they do find me, they can't do a thing to me. In fact, I hope they have a front row seat to my match.

Ah yes, your match. Are you even ready for it?

Vega laughs to himself.

Ready for the Hell in a Cell match... I don't think anyone is ever truly ready for one of those matches. I mean, I've never been in one. I don't know if I'm ready. I don't even know if I should be in this match in the first place.

This is Vega, I'm talking to, right?

Vega stares at Steven, unsure how to respond.

Because, this doesn't sound like the Vega that I saw tearing up the company as Mayhem Champion.

Yeah, you're right. I'm not. I'm not even the same Vega I was last week. I used to think that people like Saboteur and Ricky Runn were beneath me, and that the world just hadn't yet realized that was on Barbosa's level, or maybe even better. But a lot has changed. Ricky Runn is the Champion. Normally, I'd be sick to my stomach... but lately, I don't know what to feel anymore. Ricky Runn took advantage of every opportunity he was given. He won the damn tournament, and although it took him two tries and a dive of the tron, he did it. He became WZCW World Heavyweight Champion in the same week that I was literally bitch slapped by a God damn bear, and verbally bitch slapped by the likes of you. Normally, that would make me sick to my stomach... but not today. Not this Vega.

This is the Vega that loses twice in a row to Saboteur and somehow ends up in a match with him for the World Title anyway. Not that I'm complaining, but the damn goofball has every right to believe he can defeat me in this match... and dammit, lately, he's looked like he could defeat anybody. The old Vega wouldn't have cared. Hell, the old Vega probably wouldn't have ever lost in the first place. He certainly wouldn't have lost to Theron Daggershield. But now? Now people like Runn and Saboteur have my number. And the world remembers when Barbosa defeated me. The week after Kingdom Come V. Why should anybody believe that I am walking out of there Champion? The old Vega would have known he's be victorious... but dammit...

So... who is this new Vega?

Vega shakes his head, unable to answer the question. He just continues to flip through the book.

Why do you think Alexis decided to turn on you?

What is this, one of your therapy sessions?

Kurtesy chuckles.

Old habit I suppose.

Vega thinks about the question for a moment before looking up form the textbook.

I think she lost faith in me.

Meaning?

This entire time that we've known each other, she's always believed that there was good in me because of that one day I showed compassion. That one day I decided to go against direct orders.

And your orders were to...

To eliminate Interpol Agent Alexis Escobar.

And why didn't you?

That's the same question she's always asked me. I told her, I saw the situation. Her own government put out a hit on her through an American agency. I was pawn taking out another pawn for a cause I didn't believe in. So, instead of killing her, we both decided to run. And we have. We've created new identities, new lives... until now. She's always kept faith that there was always good inside of me, and that it would come back out once again. I guess after all this time, she just lost faith in me.

So what about you, Vega? Do you believe she was right? Do you believe there is good in you?

Vega looks down at the ground as he paces around Kurtesy's desk and approaches his open window, and telescope. He slaps the textbook down on Kurtesy's desk and leans in to take a look through the telescope, aiming it up towards the stars in the night sky. He speaks up, while continuing to look through it.

I don't know.

If there is... I haven't felt it in a long, long time. I've done a lot of bad things in my life, Steven. A lot of terrible things. The blood on my hands, it... it can weigh a man down. It's a boulder that would shatter the shoulders of most normal men in this world forced to carry it.

But you're no normal man.

Yeah, I used to think so.

So, you're saying you've begun to feel remorse?

Remorse for the lives I've taken? The life I've lived? Not really. Remorse that it lead to Alexis losing faith in me? Well...

Vega looks up from the telescope and back towards Kurtesy for a moment.

I guess it's nice knowing somebody has faith in you. After I spared Alexis' life, I never killed another person again. I've lived off stealing from museums and the rich mostly for the past 20 years, and haven'g got caught once. Although I've lived a terrible life in the past, since I've met Alexis, I had at least shown signs of light in a life of darkness. She always had that faith. But, something happened to me when I joined WZCW. That killer instinct that Alexis had been mostly responsible for taming had begun to run wild again. I was given an entire roster to feast on, and a belt that removed all restrictions.

At first, Alexis was all for it. She thought that focusing myself in wrestling would be a good outlet for me. But everyone saw the side of me the came out once I got my hands on that Mayhem Title. I changed. I became a man possessed. Back was the Vega that pulled triggers with a smile on his face. He thrived in that environment. The night I defeated Red Mask was the greatest moment of my WZCW career... it's the night that Vega was supposed to become a star... but I don't think Alexis was proud of me. She was happy I was happy, but not proud... and I felt that. From then on out, I haven't won a match since.

Her approval means a lot to you.

She's always disapproved of me on some level... but she's always had faith. And I've let her down. She's the only other person in my life who's opinion of me actually mattered.

Other person?

Vega looks back down to the telescope.

Who is this other person, Vega?

He looks through the telescope and continues to observe the stars in the sky.

Some star I turned out to be, huh?

Steven Kurtesy doesn't respond to Vega's rhetorical sounding question. Instead, he watches as Vega handles the telescope like someone who is well experienced with the machinery.

My mother once told me that a stars die one of three ways. They either quietly burn out, never to be seen again. They explode into huge white explosions that can destroy everything in it's path, but ultimately provide the basis for new life throughout the entire universe. Or, finally, the gravitational pull of the very own star could cause it to collapse into itself with so much force that it creates a black hole... and black holes? Those will suck anything that comes near it, into a dark abyss, never to be seen from again. They are so powerful that light itself cannot escape. I went on to learn that black holes can be responsible for swallowing entire galaxies. In fact, astronomers have discovered that at the center of most galaxies throughout the universe is a black hole in which is seems to be rotating slowy towards... including out very own Milky Way galaxy.

So, you see... black holes are not only responsible for shaping the galaxies in our universe some how, but they also mark the inevitable end of not just our world, but all the worlds that ever existed. The gravitational pull is just to great, and people are afraid of the darkness, afraid of the unknown. I can understand why somebody wouldn't want to be around that kind of presence. Light is meant to shine, but within the black hole, it can't. So light does it's best to stay away. To no get sucked in by the black hole's evil gravitational pull.

Ever since I learned about the way stars died... I knew one thing. I didn't care which way I went out, as long as I didn't simply burn out in silence. Whatever I did, I wanted my presence to be felt for generations to come. I didn't care how, I just needed to be remembered. But in the process, I lost Alexis. For the first time in 20 years, I've actually questioned my ways. My mother, the way she looked at the stars at night... she was amazed by supernovas and the stardust it produced.. and terrified of black holes and the destruction they were capable of.

"We are all made of stars," as she would always say.

Kurtesy absorbs what Vega has just said, somewhat impressed by his candor. After thinking over his words, Kurtesy finally replies.

So, Vega... on the verge of the most important moment of your career... I suppose you've just one question to ask yourself. Are you a supernova, or a black hole?

Vega looks up from the telescope and shares the first sincere look with Kurtesy he's had all night. We can see it in Vega's eyes, he's searching for words, searching for answers, but can't find them. He can only lower his head, lost in his own thoughts.

----------------

We find Vega on a grassy cliff overlooking the ocean in the middle of the night. He stares up at the stars in the sky before looking down in his hands. He's holding his Desert Eagle handgun. He studies it for a couple of moments... takes a deep breath, and tosses it over the cliff. He leans over the edge, watching it fall for what feels like minutes. It seems to float all the way down until it crashes into the jagged rocks and giant waves below. Finally, Vega exhales.

He looks up at the stars as the most genuine smile we've ever seen from Vega flashes across his moonlit face as the scene slowly fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back