Unscripted 2014 Disc.: Runn (c) vs. Barbosa vs. Saboteur vs. Vega (World Title, HIAC)

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
o93dw0.jpg

Ricky Runn has done the impossible and won the world heavyweight championship from Barbosa! The Swagtastic Voice of a Generation must now defend against the former champion and two extremely dangerous threats in Sabotuer and Vega! Who will stand tall with the world title at the end of Unscripted?

Ricky Runn has done a fantastic job of winning the big one, but the problem lies with a challenging Barbosa and big threats with Saboteur and Vega. It's a very open field in this match because Vega and Saboteur's best chance to win the title is now, but will they be up to the challenge? This could very well bring a new hot potato phase for the World Title itself, but the question lies in how Barbosa enters this match, will he wanting the title or revenge? If it's the latter, I can imagine Barbosa and Ricky continuing to feud up to All or Nothing, but whether the World Title is with them is another thing.

I loved how Ricky defied the odds to win at MD100, but I have a funny feeling that we could see a new champion, just a question of who wants it the most.

Ricky probably won't win this match, even though he should. I certainly won't hold it against him if he doesn't as just winning the world title is the biggest compliment to your skills that there is in the fed. That being said my money is on Vega. Both he and Saboteur having been gunning hard, but I can't see Infinity not winning this one. Not after the kick in the pants Vega received from Kurtesy.

Some thoughts:

1. Will the real Vega please stand up?

I'll admit to writing the segment between Kurtesy and Vega. Aside from some fantasy booking if Kurtesy ever came back and teasing a feud, I did write it for a purpose. Vega can either come in the monster, or he can come in as the underdog. I think the reason for Vega's recent trip on the schnide, is that it feels like sometimes, he buries other characters in his RP's. If Infinity can get that balance back of building them up, before tearing them down, he could become unstoppable in this match.

2. Jglass' time?

Saboteur, to me, is one of those guys that I just mark out for. And maybe it's time for Saboteur to come to the title. He's lost to Ricky, and one has to wonder if a possible feud with Ricky, regardless of the title situation. But Saboteur's time may be coming; I wouldn't mind it in the least.

3. The era of Swag

So Ricky has the belt. But you know what they say; it's harder to keep it, than to win it. Now, the target is squarely on Ricky Runn's back. He beat Barbosa, and in fairly convincing fashion. But did he blow his load, in his hellacious street fight? Or is still fresh and ready?

4. Sabastian?!

Barbosa will always be great, but one has to wonder where this new twist in his life is leading. I'll be the first to admit I was perplexed, but perhaps Barbosa is planning something big/

Everyone in this match has a pretty unique trait in that they can really put out something amazing when the pressure's on. My personal bet is Saboteur, because I really think JGlass has it in him to put together a world title winning RP in a match like this.

Anyone can win this. No-one feels out of place, or upper-midcard even. That's why I love this match. 4 of our top superstars, aiming for the top spot.

As far as I see it, Vega is the glass cannon, Runn is the missile, Saboteur is the battering ram and Barbosa is the flamethrower. Now, you might think I'm batshit crazy for most of those comparisons, but let me explain.

Vega is the glass cannon because out of the 4, he's the most hit and miss. When's he's a hit, he could take this match by storm. When he's a miss, he's far from bad, just not on the level of these competitors by some distance. It really boils down to what Kurtesy/Haiku told Vega; is it going to be sink or swim?

Runn is the missile because his RP's really tend to vary a lot. The more flare, passion and effort he draws into his RP, the further he will go. His last RP was an indicator to just how far Ricky could really go, but does he have enough time to let off another powerful blast in this match?

Saboteur is the battering ram because of how long he's been knocking at the door for his time to break out. When the door finally opens is impossible to predict, but it could certainly be at Unscripted. Out of the 4, I'd say JGlass is the most consistent at his peak form, but is his peak form enough to finally destroy the door against the 3 loose cannons?

And Barbosa is the flamethrower because out of the four, he's the most potent and constant, but flamethrowers run out of fuel. And whilst Barbosa's RP last round was FAR from a stinker, it just felt like a normal RP rather than a big title defence. When does Barbosa reload the flamethrower to begin another damaging stream?

Got to say, it's impossible to get an accurate prediction on this match. If you put a gun against my head and forced me to choose, I'd go with Barbosa personally, but all 4 guys have an excellent chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back