Unscripted '12: Mayhem Title - Vega (c) vs Connor Reese vs Ricky Runn Discussion

Showtime

It's Showtime!
Vega (c) vs. Connor Reese vs. Ricky Runn

Since the Mayhem Title was vacated after Apocalypse, the ownership of the title has generated much debate. Current champion Vega was defeated by a non WZCW wrestler for the title that was overruled, but managed to squeak out a victory over Ricky Runn at the Supershow to win it. Now after being unable to compete this week, many are questioning if Vega has what it takes to be in WZCW. Will the mystery of his stipulation give Vega the edge if the fans decide to try it, or is the thief about to be caught red handed and red faced? Connor Reese put Ace Stevens out of action and now he wants a chance to make both men tap in an Elimination Submission match, will he add another person to the injury list? Ricky Runn is willing to take this match anywhere, literally, in a Fall Count Anywhere match. The youngster has alway bounced back from defeat, will Ricky be able to add some singles gold to his resume?

Discuss below

Pretty sure I'm voting for Vega's choice in this match. A elimination submission match sounds like a boring read to be honest and correct me if I'm wrong but in a regular mayhem rules match don't falls already count anywhere? That alone kind of makes Runn's choice pretty stupid. Hopefully Vega's secret choice is more interesting than the other two. Who do I see winning? I really don't know, Remix has already beaten Vega and Vega has beaten Runn. It's anybodies guess.

I've lost to both Vega and Remix so naturally, I see Ricky being the underdog in this match up. However, all 3 of us have the ability to pull out all the stops to win the big one. The only thing I am concerned about is if the champ would even show up after no-showing the last round.

As for the match is concerned, I was actually kind of bummed we didn't get to pick the stipulations. Personally I would have loved to have tried to nominate a Milk chugging contest or some stupid shit like that. The mystery choice stipulation can be predictable if you take out the other stipulations that were called for the other matches. We take out TLC, Tables, Hell in a Cell, and the gimmick matches in the Barbosa/SHIT match we're left with very little gimmick matches.

It doesn't matter what the gimmick is. It's going to win the vote, which means you're screwed Pancake. Your last "mystery match" at Unscripted didn't end well for you.

Last years Unscripted if the mystery team actually showed up we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Unless the original point of the mystery tag team was that it was going to end up a 3-way tag match between MOM RRR and StanTime.

Pretty sure I'm voting for Vega's choice in this match. A elimination submission match sounds like a boring read to be honest and correct me if I'm wrong but in a regular mayhem rules match don't falls already count anywhere? That alone kind of makes Runn's choice pretty stupid. Hopefully Vega's secret choice is more interesting than the other two. Who do I see winning? I really don't know, Remix has already beaten Vega and Vega has beaten Runn. It's anybodies guess.

Well I had no input in the debate, but I'm guessing it was picked because Reese's primary finisher is a submission and he's got plenty more in his arsenal. His opponents are captain spotmonkey and a conman with a buggered arm, which gives him the edge. And yeah, the mystery option will win.

Last years Unscripted if the mystery team actually showed up we wouldn't be having this conversation right now. Unless the original point of the mystery tag team was that it was going to end up a 3-way tag match between MOM RRR and StanTime.

It was.

Reese is a huge threat and should have won the belt a long time ago. If he brings his game here, he should definitely be able to take the title. Vega is relatively new and if he manages to pull up the victory, he'll legitimise himself as a good champion. As much as I love Runn's antics, I honestly don't see him winning here although he will provide many spots in the match for the fans. I'm not saying he won't win but I believe he won't.

As for the stipulations, mystery vote seems appealing. If we get a Milk-Chugging contest, I'm going to demand a refund for the entire PPV. Although, if we got something like last year with the combination of the two choices then I wouldn't be entirely opposed to a Submissions Count Anywhere.

I don't blame anyone for not believing in my ability to win the Mayhem title. Since my feud with Reynolds, Ricky has been running in place when it came to my RP's. I haven't been able to find anything that works long time other then going back to my original view for the character. After last week getting a win of Capone, I hope I can get back into gear and start winning matches again.

Well, Reese is the big gun here, the other two will have to pull out something special to beat him, as for the stipulation, the mystery stip will win (I'll vote for it I expect) and that is only right, people like to gamble and it could be something really cool.

Anythings possible I suppose, but unless Reese flags like he did at the last PPV, orVega steps it up into realms we didnt know he had, or Ricky does the same then this one almost seems cut and dry (right expression?)

I like Vega and Ricky, actually.

Buuuuuuuuuuut I think Connor really needs this. He really deserves a good run with belt and I think Vega's time will probably come another day. For now, I think what Connor deserves at least a decent run.

This match is probably the most predictable of the entire card. Everyone will vote for the mystery option, otherwise we won't know what we're missing. Also, the alternatives being what they are we won't be risking stellar matches in either case.

My predictions for the match: Reese wins the Mayhem title in a ??? match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back