United Atheist Alliance

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well I've seen no other discussion on it here in the prison so I wanted to start a group where it's OK and tolerant to be atheist and where people can speak their mind. This thread should discuss athiestic beliefs and promote popular and important atheist literature.

If you ever had any questions about atheism or you are an atheist and want to discuss things, please post here. Hopefully, this remains an atheist friendly conversation and I hope this thread accomplishes something and educates people on the matter.

Stephen Hawking has recently argued that there is 'no place for a creator', that God does not exist.

Robert M. Pirsig states that "When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called Religion."

1013_jarvis_probes.jpg

What I thought this thread was about.

Not really fussed with atheists, a bunch of my friends are and can sometimes act condescendingly as I'm a catholic. What's strange is some of them just don't believe there is a higher power which I'm fine with, but there are a couple who seem to proclaim that they are atheist because they hate religion.

It is amazing the kinds of things people will say about you if you simply advocate a principle that our entire country was founded on. That being separation of church and state. Faith and fact are inherently different things, they should be treated as such. Unfortunately too many use religion as an odd justification for thinking their "faith" is actually a fact.

I never quite understood how if an atheist mentions how they actually truly feel in a conversation that is "pushing" your ideas on people yet we are inundated with contemporary religious stuff everywhere in society. Not all religious people push their beliefs on an individual basis but that isn't an excuse to ignore the obvious. Almost all major religions specifically designed to foster the belief in the need to "spread the faith." If you support such a religion you are complicit in that effect even if you are supposedly not a part of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back