Undertaker Hall Of Fame - Loyalty Award

Highly doubtful, because Vince goes out of his way to not even acknowledge that other wrestling venues exist and rewarding loyalty would be admitting that wrestlers have other options. Loyalty is likely rewarded with bigger paychecks so I don't think he's going to start handing out trophies.

With that Logic Matt Hardy should get bigger pay checks than jeff. But i think allso wrestlers popularity effects
his/hers pay check

By Loyalty Logic You'd be acknowledging

Kane-15 years*
Hardcore Holly-15 years*
Mark Henry-14 years*
Matt Hardy-14 years*

* indicates tentative years

as bigger players for this award then Triple H,John Cena,Edge,The Rock,Stone Cold etc as people who worked hard to get themselves OVER; the most important thing in the buisness. If this trophy was presented at Wrestlemania or even the Slammys I'd give it a good facepalm.(I know Kane would be the only one to deserve it but I just used him as example)

Do you think Vince should incorporate the Loyalty Award sometime in the near future?
No. I certainly don't. Sure it's a nice distinction, but it's not so prestigious an occurrence that it deserves its own award. It's like those perfect attendance awards given out in schools…

The only two I think should get something like a loyalty award would be Taker and HBK. Except they should call it something else. Maybe a personalized trophy along with their HOF ring, for Taker saying The Phenom and for Shawn saying The Icon. Or whatever, just something extra to show that they were the cornerstones of the company for over two decades.

The Hall of Fame recognises the contribution a superstar has made to the WWF and business as a whole, I don't think a loyalty award is really needed.

In some cases stars have been loyal to them but the WWF didn't return that loyalty and fired them (Hardcore Holly and Billy Gunn come to mind) so because the WWF did not show loyalty to these stars does that mean they are not in the running for an award?

Undertaker has been in the company for 20 years but realistically has there really been an alternative option for half of that time? WCW died down towards the end of 2000 beginning 2001 and TNA have never really reached very high standards.

I am sure there is probably something that happens backstage for when a superstar stays with the company for ten years or something, maybe not an award but I am sure there is some sort of recognition of the time they contributed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back