Unbeatable Team

TUFFY54

Getting Noticed By Management
Survivior Series elimination matches have always been my favorite kind of match and lately it seems they just take one feud and throw a couple of guys on each side to make teams. Back when Survivor Series started they would make the tag matches huge events with the biggest stars on the roster filling out the teams. They even did this recently with the Invasion angel of 01 and the Raw vs Smackdown match in 05. However, in recent years its only been one main eventer and midcarders that make up teams. If you could take any combination of wrestlers and make an unbeatable team, who would you pick? Heres mine:

Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Andre The Giant, Ric Flair, Bret Hart

Having a team like that main eventing Survivor Series would be mind blowing. You have the greatest superstar, big man, showman, technical wrestler, and exciting wildman to ever wrestle on one team. On paper I dont think anyone could beat them. The only thing that could come close would be a team of Ausin, Rock, Taker, HBK, and Triple H. So, who do you think would make the most unbeatable old school Survivor Series team?

Villanos I-V, hands downs. The inability to tell them apart kills the opponents' strategy and leaves the ref's head spinning. Plus they communicate in Spanish, so even if they call out gameplans during the match you have no idea what they're doing.

:)

Okay, SERIOUS ANSWER; Andre, Undertaker, Kane, Lesnar, and Goldberg. That was easy.

Personally your looking at it the right way, but with some picks the wrong way. Your putting faces with known heel charicters, and wrestlers that have had really bad relationships. If you want a good team you need to have a solid core of wrestlers that won't turn on each other.

Example: Andre, Undertaker, Kane, Lesnar, and Goldberg.

Andre is the wild card here, he never really got to wrestle any of the dudes on the list. But Kane and Undertaker have a very storied past, this could lead to them maybe fighting in the match. They might have tagged in the past years, but really they have been fighting so much that It wouldn't suprise me to see them turn on each other.

Lesnar and goldberg, Do I really need to go over the past they have? Lesnar and goldberg both went out of the wwe fighting, it dosen't make much of a team to have a top heel and a top face on the same team that have been played off as to hate each other.

Personally I think the top unbeatable team needs a solid tag team. So I'm going to build mine off of the Road Warriors. The warriors were not that great as a singles group, but really when your in a 5 man match you could use the team mentality they have to a great advantage.
Sting is next, sting is a guy that was built over the years into a great wrestler, he spent part of the 90's single handly destroying the Nwo, that says somthing on its own.
Now you need some real strenth and speed, you have two strong wrestlers that team together and the perpetual giant killer. I'm going to go with Jimmy Snuka, Jimmy is known as one of the fastest men in the ring. He's a highflyer, with Sting mostly on the ground and the Road Warriors to, this lets him rule the top rope.
Now you need a top tier superstar to top it off. I'm going to Pick hbk, his work ethic is amazing. He also has that game stopping Sweet chin music. He's gone 60 minutes before in an iron man match, helped make the hell in a cell match along with the ladder match. He's done it all and deffinatly a top face in the company.

So Hbk, The road warriors, Jimmy Snuka, and Sting.

cena (he never seems to loss) batista (the animal) lashley (cm'on this is bobby lashley) brock lesner (enough said) and.........marvelous marc mero with sable in he's corner

It truly depends on when they were fighting. If you take each guy on the team you have assembled at their prime, then the only way to combat them would be to put a team of 5 together, that in their respective primes, could have a chance to defeat them.

An all time match for me would be the 5 you mentioned against.............

The Rock, Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Triple H and The Undertaker. The team you assembled, though a list of all time greats, should definitely lose to the team I mentioned in basically every aspect.

The first one to be eliminated in my eyes would be Andre. I could see HHH and HBK pulling a Double Clothesline on Andre, sending him over the top rope, to the floor. Then Andre gets counted out.

Then in the time of celebrating that moment, Savage hits HBK in the back, sending him out of the ring, leaving HHH as the legal man. Right as Savage did that, Flair would creep up and low blow HHH and roll him up in a school boy, getting the 3 count.

While the referee was distracted with that 3 count. HBK would be Body Slammed on the outside by Hogan. Hogan then picks him up and throws him back into the ring. Flair tags Savage and he climbs up to the top rope. Savage drops the elbow on HBK and pins him 1 2 3.

As Savage jumped up and celebrated his win. The Rock comes in behind Savage and gets in crouch position. When Savage turns around, The Rock hits The Rock Bottom and follows it with The People's Elbow. The Rock pins Savage.

Bret Hart enters the ring and he and The Rock go at it for a while. Eventually, Hart makes a tag to Flair. Flair is yelling at The Rock that he wants Undertaker. Undertaker enters and after a few exchanges between the 2. Taker hits the Chokeslam, followed by The Tombstone and pins Flair.

Hogan enters and Taker immediately hits him with The Tombstone. Hogan does his usually "Hulk Up" and ends up getting the boot and leg drop, pinning Taker.

This leaves The Rock & Austin against Hart & Hogan. I could see The Rock and Hart battling outside and getting a Double Count Out, so neither has to be pinned to be eliminated.

This leaves Austin Vs. Hogan. Hogan kicks out of a Stunner and starts his Hulk Up. Austin then kicks out of the leg drop. Austin eventually hits another Stunner, that Hogan kicks out of again. Hogan takes over again decides to use the Stunner on Austin. Austin blocks it and rolls Hogan up. The referee doesn't see as Austin grabs a hand full of Hogan's tights and gets the 3 count.

Winner and Sole Survivor: Steve Austin.

LMAO. I don't know. Sounded fun though didn't it?

How about the team of:
Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Jack Swagger, Shelton Benjamin and Scott Steiner.. all very accomplished amateur wrestlers

Another unstoppable team would be the Cliq. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash and Sean Waltman

just my opinion

Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, Stone Cold Steve Austin, the Rock, and Andre the Giant.

strength (Hogan, Andre), speed (Warrior, Rock), and someone who just doesn't give a crap lol i think that's the best combination as they were all faces at some point and even though Austin didn't trust anyone, he still teamed up with a few guys. Hogan teamed with Warrior/Austin/Rock at some point in his career and he was friends with Andre. Andre, as a face, could be teamed with anyone really. he didn't have a personality that made him "anti-team", same with Rock. Warrior was always out there lol

Thanks for the debate Crooked I. I think we can both agree that a 10 man tag like that would be the greatest match in wrestling history. I'm gonna have to stick with my team for two reasons: Hogan and Andre. Like you said, all of these guys are in there prime so the double team countout on Andre wouldnt work. That being said, I would keep Andre out of the match till the very end. Nothing could stand up to the power of Hulkamania and a fresh Andre in his prime. Not to mention the other three guys arent to shabby. Anyway, its all personal preferance. I think we can agree that it would be great no matter how you booked it.

Since we've covered the 80's and 90's, Ill give a great team for the current era.

Cena, Orton, Jehrico, Angle, and Batista Not to shabby.

Thanks for the debate Crooked I. I think we can both agree that a 10 man tag like that would be the greatest match in wrestling history. I'm gonna have to stick with my team for two reasons: Hogan and Andre. Like you said, all of these guys are in there prime so the double team countout on Andre wouldnt work. That being said, I would keep Andre out of the match till the very end. Nothing could stand up to the power of Hulkamania and a fresh Andre in his prime. Not to mention the other three guys arent to shabby. Anyway, its all personal preferance. I think we can agree that it would be great no matter how you booked it.

Since we've covered the 80's and 90's, Ill give a great team for the current era.

Cena, Orton, Jehrico, Angle, and Batista Not to shabby.

I was thinking about doing a team from each era. But I got side tracked lol. The team you put together seems pretty unbeatable really. But Hell, it's all for the sake of debate and more important, fun.

One thing that is getting me, is the people that are putting their team together including Andre. In a sense, you shouldn't be able to do that because Andre is on the team that we are supposed to be assembling a team to beat.

How about an all WCW team?

Let's call the team you made to be late 80s or early 90s. A team from that time in WCW/NWA that could compete would be............

Sting, Lex Luger, Vader, Ricky Steamboat, Kerry Von Erich

With star power and also taking the attributes from each guy you listed, compared to the ones I just listed, would be a pretty close match. A badass match to say the least.

Break each match up down.

Vader Vs. Andre: Andre wins this one simply with legendary status alone. I believe the other matches get a little closer than this one. But to be fair to Vader, he was as dominant in his early days of WCW than most people could ever brag about.

Ricky Steamboat Vs. Randy Savage: No matter how you look at this one. It is evenly matched and awesome. But, in my opinion, I would have to give the advantage Steamboat, if even only for the victory he has over Savage at Wrestlemania 3.

Kerry Von Erich Vs. Ric Flair: Von Erich has beaten Flair for a World Title before. The NWA to be exact. I think most people would give this match easily to Flair. But Kerry was a suitable and believable opponent for Flair. They had numerous matches in the 80s and all were great. I guess this is another one your team would win on status alone. But Kerry Von Erich deserves more credit than most people would give him though.

Sting Vs. Bret Hart: This is another close one, as they all are. But I would easily give the win to Sting. He could be and in some cases, was as technical as Bret Hart. As far as legendary status goes, Bret might be a little ahead in that category, but that might be because he is retired and Sting isn't. One of the things Bret is most known for was his tremendous popularity. To compare that to most wrestlers, Bret would win. But in this case, I think he loses. Bret Hart was never the PWI most popular wrestler of the year, I think Sting had that distinction 3 times. Sting also wins the charisma battle and easily wins the strength battle.

Hulk Hogan Vs. Lex Luger: Well, this ends it. lol. You obviously win this one. Luger did his thing, but he was no comparison at no point in his career to Hogan.

So 3-2, in your favor outta the 5 match ups. Not to shabby. I could have changed things up a little and maybe would have come out on top. But it is what it is.

Great WCW team Crooked I. Personally I probley would of gone with Dusty Rhoads over Von Erich just because his promos were music to my ears. Im glade for the debate, but I wasnt necessarilay looking only for teams that you could stack up against mine. (even though I guess I was and didnt relize it with the whole unbeatable thing, haha). Feel free to think up your own dream team and some worthy opponints. Id love to see some great matches I hadnt thought of.

Remember the all tag team SS matches? Here goes one for the early 90s WWE Tag Team scene. Heels Vs. Faces.

The Rockers, The Hart Foundation and The Road Warriors Vs. Demolition (Axe & Smash), The Brain Busters and The Colossal Connection

Here is a late 90s WCW match up.

Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, Lex Luger, The Giant and Goldberg Vs. Hollywood Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Steiner and Randy Savage
*I guess this would be more of an NWO Vs. WCW match.

Taking what you said in your last post to heart, an all time unbeatable team in my opinion would be...........

Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Steve Austin, The Rock and The Ultimate Warrior

EDIT: What about an all cruiserweight team?

Rey Mysterio, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Dean Malenko and Billy Kidman

Hulk Hogan, Goldberg, Steve Austin, The Rock and The Ultimate Warrior

Thats a pretty impessive team. Id probley throw something like this up against them:

Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, Batista, and Kevin Nash

I think those five guys would make a good team because they all have a connection of new and old clique members. I also think they would have amazing promos. However, I think your dream team would probley with this one.

Hogan > Flair
Austin >Triple H
Rock < Michaels
Goldberg < Nash
Warrior > Batista

Yeah, looks like you win. Heres who I would want in an all time Tag Team Survivor Series Match:

Road Warriors, Steiner Brothers, British Bulldogs, Demolition, and Brain Busters

VS.

Hardy Boys, Natural Disasters, APA, Dudley Boys, New Age Outlaws

Great match, but I'd have to go with the Road Warrior team

For me I'll go with Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody, Vader, Terry Gordy, and Steve Williams and take my chances. Of course any match against them would have to take place in Japan !

That is a hell of a team Dyno Kid. Id like to see them go up against something like Goldberg, Mike Awesome, Bam Bam Bigelow, Terry Funk, and Scott Steiner

However, I think you team would probley get the nod

How about a worst gimmick Survivor Series match.

Mantaur, Bastion Booger, Glacier, s7even, Repo Man

G.I. Bro, The Kiss Demon, Kizzarny, Gillberg, Max Moon

I would go with the Face team. I think with G.I. Bro (Booker T) being on the team, they would pull out the victory. Though Dustin Rhodes and Smash were on the Heel team, I think Booker is enough for the Faces.

But who could really stop Gilberg here? The Spear, followed by The Jackhammer! He might even snap out after banging his head into the locker and getting burned by sparklers, to even finish off Booker! lol;)

I think any team with Hogan and Cena on the same side would not be booked to lose, not with their known "SUPER POWERS" OF RECOVERY! So I am adding those 2 first.

Next Triple H...the man who cannot be shown in a losing position on adverts for a computer game, the man who squashes up and coming talent, but is also a fucking awesome wrestler.

Shawn Michaels The man, the showstopper, the icon! Plus, as a former tag-team partner for Triple H in D-Generation X, and a former co-holder of the tag titles with Cena, Michaels could work well on this team.

And finally....

The Rock. The great one himself. The most charismatic man in the history of the business, and a damm fine wrestler himself.

With some of the biggest faces of all time in Rock, Hogan, Michaels, and even Cena and Triple H, this is a team that the WWE COULD NOT book to lose. My prediction would be that the Hulkster would get the final pin fall, after The Rock came in and delivered a Rock Bottom to an opponent, as Hogan was recovering from a chair shot, then Hulkster hits the leg-drop for the 1-2-3. Micheals would have been the 1st eliminated, as WWE would try and keep Cena in for as long as possible. He would be the 2nd to last man eliminated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back