• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC PPV's will start an hour earlier beginning with UFC 129

JenksIX

Pre-Show Stalwart
Dana White confirmed with Ariel Helwani today that UFC PPV's would start an hour earlier (9PM EST instead of 10PM) starting with UFC 129 GSP vs Jake Shields.

The PPV this saturday, UFC 128 Shogun vs Jones, will start at the normal time, but every PPV after this one will start at 9PM EST. White said the change is permanent.

I like the change because here on the east coast the main event usually doesn't start till like 12:15-12:30 A.M.

While I'm here I might as well post my UFC 128 Predictions.

Mauricio Rua vs Jon Jones: Winner Rua
Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland: Winner Faber
Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus: Winner Miller
Nate Marquardt vs. Dan Miller: Winner Marquardt
Mirko Filipović vs. Brendan Schaub: Winner Cro Cop

Eh, I find this card kind of shitty. I never know what to expect from Cro Cop, I just feel he has experience on his side in this one, though Schaub could end up knocking him out, but aside from KO power the ex-football player doesn't have many other weapons. It should turn out to be a good fight.

This is the first time I'll see a Faber fight, everything you hear about him is good. Don't care about Miller/Shalorus. And Marquardt/Miller doesn't excite me either. Marquardt is like the rest of the 185 lb division, good, but not good enough.

I am looking forward too Shogun/Jones though. Shogun is a much more precise striker then Jones. Jones has unbelieveable reach advantage and wrestling power, but if he takes Shogun down, he has to watch out for Shogun's BJJ submission skills. If Jones stands up with Shogun, I think Shogun still has the advantage even with the height and reach advantage of Jones.

Jones unorthodox striking could be his downfall in this fight, because Shogun has the experience to capitalize on it unlike anyone Jones has faced yet.

Great move. Always thought the UFC started way too late.

Anyways, I think it's a great card. Two Pride Legends vs. two Jackson Fighters (with Shogun vs. Jones being one of my most anticipated fights ever), the Miller brothers always show up to fight, and Faber vs. Wineland should be exciting as hell.

As far as my predictions... I have the same picks as you Jenks, though I'm rooting for Dan Miller to beat Marquardt.

Yeah, I shouldn't of said it's a shitty card. I've wrote a response to this a few times, but each time I felt I had to go into more detail about what I meant (i.e. Cro Cop's mystique not being what it once was, people have figured him out, is his heart in it? etc.)

But your right, It is is going to be a great FIGHT card.

The only match I really care about the outcome in is Shogun vs Jones.
I also am kind of pissed with UFC. I do not wanna see GSP vs Silva, though Dana White recently said Anderson Silva vs Yushin Okami is probable. With all the fighters they have, Silva vs Okami?

I would like to see Silva vs a legit 205lber. Such as Rampage/Rashad/Machida.

I also don't like Machida vs Couture (and I think I heard whoever loses is likely to be cut? Or may be it's just if Machida loses.)

If Jones beats Shogun, I'd rather see Silva vs Jones, but it doesn't make sense to put the new champion in a fight like that. I'd also like to see Sonnen vs Silva II (whenever Sonnen gets his shit straight.)

I'm also interested to see the first UFC/Strikeforce crossover, however it happens.

Okami deserves a title shot, imo.

I would much rather see Okami vs. Anderson and Bisping vs. Sonnen, with the winners facing off a few months after than Anderson vs. GSP.

GSP has made it clear that he doesn't want Anderson right now, and I think it would be complete horseshit to push him into a fight like that when he doesn't want to do it.

Okami deserves a title shot, imo.

I would much rather see Okami vs. Anderson and Bisping vs. Sonnen, with the winners facing off a few months after than Anderson vs. GSP.

GSP has made it clear that he doesn't want Anderson right now, and I think it would be complete horseshit to push him into a fight like that when he doesn't want to do it.

You know what, your right! I just looked up Okami's record, he does deserve a title shot.

Okami vs Silva doesn't get me excited though. I don't know much about Okami but I can get a good idea of him from how he won and lost his fights. But yes, aside from Sonnen, he is the most suitable 185 lber to face Silva.

I heard Sonnen vs Bisping(Chael made some comments) and I did not like that match up. I feel Sonnen probably has the better chance of defeating Silva because of the wrestling. If I'm gonna try and "take down" Silva, I want a wrestler to do it.

Bisping lacks the knock out power to defeat Silva and if he stood with him, he'd prolly get laid out. Either way, he probably wouldn't win a 5 round decision with Silva.

Anyway, aside from all of that, I'm not excited about the UFC 132 card from what I've heard. Penn vs Fitch II doesn't have me caring about the out come, then again I'm just a casual fan who doesn't give appropriate credit to the lighter weight fighters.

The thing I like about the Okami/Silva fight, is that japanese fighters seem to be Anderson Silva's cryptonite.

[YOUTUBE]267i7rKeECA[/YOUTUBE]

I think if Yushin could step into the cage, and slay the beast that is Anderson "The Spider" Silva, it could help repair (in some way) the morale of that country.

Japan needs all the help it can get right now and for one of their "national sons" to step into the octagon and defeat the iconic, 13-0 in UFC, Middleweight Champion whose last loss was due to an illegal head kick to the same competitor (Okami,) I believe that victory would be truly epic considering what Japan has been through.

I am now a fan of wanting to see Okami/Silva!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back