Undercard
  • Lightweight Bout: T.J. O'Brien vs. Cole Miller
  • Middleweight Bout: Kyle Noke vs. Ed Herman
  • Lightweight Bout: Ronny Markes vs. Karlos Vemola
  • Lightweight Bout: Danny Castillo vs. Jacob Volkmann
  • Middleweight Bout: Jared Hamman vs. C.B. Dollaway
  • Featherweight Bout: Jim Hettes vs. Alex Caceres
  • Bantamweight Bout: Jason Reinhardt vs. Edwin Figueroa

This card looks alright, but I am not all that interested in it personally. There are a few fights worth watching though and that will get me through the card.

I love Chris Lytle and hate Dan Hardy, so needless to say who I will be cheering for. Lytle is an all around good fighter, whereas Hardy only truly excels in his striking. Lytle can probably hang with Hardy on the feet but should probably look to take the fight to the ground and dominate Hardy. However, Lytle loves to bang and I could see this being a three round battle.

Miller vs. Benson has pretty big title implications. A win for Miller and he will likely get his title shot finally and a win for Bendo puts him back in prime title contention, maybe even a contenders fight. This is a fight between two guys who can do it all, however the edge goes to Miller. Bendo is susceptible to the takedown and Miller has a pretty good takedown, that said Bendo is no slouch with his takedown defense and is very good on the ground and getting out of bad situations. This should be a nice little chess match.

Cerrone vs. Oliveira could be a fight of the year contender. Both guys love to throw and have bright futures in the UFC. I would love to see Oliveria knock Cerrone's dumbass out but this fight could literally go either way and right now I am leaning towards a decision victory for Cerrone based solely on him being a fighter longer. Should be fun.

The only other fight I am interested in is Ed Herman vs. Kyle Noke. I like both guys a lot, so it will suck to see either lose. Herman came off of his 18 month layoff and looked fantastic, whereas Noke looks better with each fight. I think Noke has the advantage going into this fight and has a little more experience and is healthier then Herman, but this is another fight that either man could win.

Should be a solid show, with come terrific brawls. Lets hope it actually goes down that way.

That actually turned out to be a heck of a show, great fights all around!
Ludwig vs Sodallah went exactly as I expected it to, Duane used his excellent Muay Thai to push the pace and take out Amir. I like Ludwig, I think he deserves alot more respect than he gets and could be a decent threat at Welter.

Cerrone took it to Oliveira just like I prayed and picked up a good win. He's now on a five fight streak and 3 in the UFC. Don should get a boost in competition, I'm with what Ariel and Stefan said in the post fight, Cerrone should probably fight the winner Pettis-Stephens. As for Oliveira, he should drop down, hopefully he can find success there.

Bendo vs Miller was amazing, that fight is probably in my top 20 fav now. Ben surprised me and many others, Miller has been so dominant and riding that 7 fight streak I really saw him winning and getting a title shot, but Henderson made a hell of a statement when he dominated Jim. I feel horrible for Jim but Ben definitely earned the win.

Lytle.... I love the guy and it kills me that he's retired. I'm very glad he went out on a good note tho, just wish dan hardy had gotten cut because I can't stand that guy. Great fight tho, surprised Hardy took all chris's shots.

Don't care much about the lower card except for Eddie Herman pullin off a sick win, I have been a short fuse fan since TUF 3 and when he got injured at 102 against Simpson I was scared for him, but since he came back he's picked up two great wins and I'm very happy for him :)

I don't really have a whole lot to say about this card other then I am really happy that Chris Lytle retired on top and that Ed Herman and Bendo both picked up wins. Lytle is a home state favorite of mine who always shows up to fight and it was great to see such an exciting and genuinely nice guy finish his career with a big win over Dan Hardy. It was also great to see Ed Herman continue his winning ways after such a long layoff. I love the guy and hope he is in store for a push at the title. And, Bendo is my all time favorite WEC fighter and it is great to see him in the UFC now a days. I like Jim Miller but Bendo is such an exciting fighter. Great wins for all guys and I couldn't be any happier for Lytle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back