• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 88: Breakthrough Pick'Em

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
This is the pick'em contest for UFC 88! Remember, DO NOT post your picks in this thread, PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start (not the PPV). If you get your picks in after that, any matches that have already happened will not count.

When making your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the method of winning (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision).

Title fights are 5 rounds and normal fights are 3 rounds. There are no title fights on this card.

You get 2 points for picking the right fighter and ONLY if you get the right fighter can you get bonus points. You get 1 bonus point for getting the proper method of finish and/or 1 bonus point for getting the proper round. Each fight can have 4 points earned max.

Here is an example: Kenny Florian vs. Din Thomas - Florian round 1 Sub hold

Click the name of each fighter for a complete breakdown of their fighting history.

I will be sending a copy of my picks to Jake so everyone knows I'm being honest. Also, while discussion is welcomed, please try to keep spam to a minimum. Good luck!

Chuck Liddell vs. Rashad Evans
Rich Franklin vs. Matt Hamill
Nate Marquardt vs. Martin Kampmann
Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares
Karo Parisyan vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Dong Hyun Kim vs. Matt Brown
Kurt Pelligrino vs. Thiago Tavares
Roan Carneiro vs. Ryo Chonan
Mike Patt vs. Tim Boetsch
Jason Lambert vs. Jason MacDonald

I'd just like to make a suggestion for the next one. Possibly limit it to the fight card matches, or at least the top 5. It's not like wrestling where you really only pick one outcome. Doing the whole card can be overkill, and most only care about the big names. Just a suggestion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back