UFC 114 Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This is the prediction contest for UFC 114! DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start, which should be around 7:00 p.m. EST. Any picks submitted after that point will not count.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There are NO title fights on this card.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

I will be sending my picks to JMT225 so that there is no suspicion of cheating.

If you need reference for how this works, or have any questions, check out this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=112934

Here are the fights we will be predicting. There are 8 total fights, so assign your confidence points accordingly. Use the provided link to help you pick fights.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-114-Rampage-vs-Evans-12446

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson vs. Rashad Evans
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Michael Bisping vs. Dan Miller
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Jason Brilz
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Todd Duffee vs. Mike Russow
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Diego Sanchez vs. John Hathaway
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Amir Sadollah vs. Dong Hyun Kim
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Efrain Escudero vs. Dan Lauzon
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Luis Arthur Cane vs. Cyrille Diabate
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Alright, there seems to be a major miscommunication on confidence points and how they work, despite a very clear description to give everyone an understanding on how they work.

Here's how I did confidence points for the Strikeforce card a couple weeks ago...

Strikeforce Heavyweight Championship
Alistair Overeem vs. Brett Rogers
Winner: Overeem (1)
Method of Victory: Submission
Round: 2

Andrei Arlovski vs. Antonio Silva
Winner: Arlovski (4)

Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza vs. Joey Villasenor
Winner: Jacare (5)
Round: 1

Roger Gracie vs. Kevin Randleman
Winner: Gracie (2)
Round: 3

Antwain Britt vs. Rafael “Feijao” Cavalcante
Winner: Britt (3)

I did confidence points for EVERY FIGHT. I gave Jacare the highest confidence points because I felt there would be no way that he would lose. I gave Alistair Overeem the least amount because I felt the Overeem/Rogers fight would have been close.

If you didn't include confidence points in your predictions or if you didn't assign them correctly, you won't get full credit.

Alright guys, here's the deal.

There were 13 of us who did the pick'em. Thank you in advance to all of you who participated. I think this was a huge success for the first go-around, and I'm glad this was worth setting up. I'm not going to go into detail on how each person did. That would take me forever. I will throw up a league board though, and that will at least show how everyone shook out for each card.

If you think I mis-scored your point total, let me know and I'll make sure I'll fix it. Remember that in the end though, points are only in judging who gets a title shot. It won't affect you down the line.

We're going to do a title system as well for each card. How it will work is that the champion will defend his title on each card against whoever the top pointscorer for each card is.

Marquis is our first champion. He blew everyone away and he absolutely deserves special recognition for how he did. He also had the balls to pick Jason Brilz over Nogueira, which he was pretty much right about as well, seeing how Brilz got robbed.

Jeff scored 23 points, so he gets the first title shot for UFC 115 in what should be our equivalent to Rampage vs. Rashad.

2mgmdm1.png

Man, Rampage and Luis Arthur Cane losing really fucked me over. Marquis had both Evans and Cyrille Diabate winning those fights, and they were excellent picks. I hate to give props to him, because he's an arrogant prick and I won't hear the last of this, but he did a tremendous job with his picks. However, I will kick his ass with the next shows. ;)

Anyways, this was very fun and I would just like to thank Guy for the effort he put into it, and thank everyone who participated. I hope we can have a similar turn out for UFC 115, if not better.

Damn, I deleted my picks, and I wanted to see which I got wrong.

Oh well. Great job Marquis and JMT for coming in the top 2, and Marquis just dominated that card, pretty much doubling up all of us.

Can't wait for the next one in two weeks, despite me not liking the card too much.

Damn. I can't believe I predicted so badly. Only got two predictions correct.
Oh well, hopefully I won't do as horrible next time. Thank-you for setting this up.

It was really fun. Fucking Sanchez reeeally fucked me over there. It was a lot of fun though and I can't wait to do it again. Thanks Guy for the hardwork.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back