• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 87: Seek and Destroy Pick'em

Frank the Frowner

Getting Noticed By Management
This is the pick'em contest for UFC 87! Remember, DO NOT post your picks in this thread, PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. I will be taking picks up until the fights start (not the PPV). If you get your picks in after that, any matches that have already happened will not count.

When making your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the method of winning (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision).

Title fights are 5 rounds and normal fights are 3 rounds. There is one title fight on this card.

You get 2 points for picking the right fighter and ONLY if you get the right fighter can you get bonus points. You get 1 bonus point for getting the proper method of finish and/or 1 bonus point for getting the proper round. Each fight can have 4 points earned max.

Here is an example: Kenny Florian vs. Din Thomas - Florian round 1 Sub hold

Click the name of each fighter for a complete breakdown of their Win/Loss history.

Slim will be getting a copy of my picks. Good luck!

-Welterweight Championship
Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch
-Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
-Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
-Manny Gamburyan vs. Rob Emerson
-Jason MacDonald vs. Damien Maia
-Cheick Kongo vs. Dan Evensen
-Chris Wilson vs. Steve Bruno
-Ben Saunders vs. Ryan Thomas
-Luke Cummo vs. Tamden McCrory
-Andre Gusmao vs. Jon Jones

I'll be completing my card later in the week. For the big three I'm going with St. Pierre over Fitch. The way George needs to win this is to maul him early and prevent a technical battle, which he is more than capable of doing. Fitch had the ability to submit GSP, but he probably won't be able to pull it off. After a long thought, I'm picking Huerta over Florian. Huerta is still prone to little mistakes which Kenny can make him pay for, but I still see Huerta overwhelming him. Lastly, Brock should be able to take out Heath Herring. Herring is a great striker but Brock should have zero problem taking him down, when he does it should be over. Herring has maybe a tenth of the submission ability of Frank Mir.

So far, Slim and I have gotten our picks in... remember, if you get your picks in after the first fight of the night, you won't get points for any matches that have already taken place.

There were three participants for this card. Kasey, Slim, and myself. The fact that we had at least three participants made this worth doing, and there will be one for the Liddell/Evans card. Hopefully there will be more participants then.

6 of the 10 fights went to the judges, which killed the chance to rack up a lot of bonus points regarding the round. In fact, the scores were so close that we had a tie for first place.

2nd Place - Kasey, 7/10, 16 pts - Kasey picked up points with Florian decision and Wilson, decision.

1st Place - Slim, 7/10, 17 pts - Slim picked up Bonus points with Maia sub hold, Florian decision, and McCrory decision.

1st Place - PRH, 7/10, 17 pts - I picked up bonus points with Kongo strikes, Maia sub hold, and Florian decision.

This wasn't a bad first go-around. UFC 88 looks like an excellent top to bottom card, including the preliminary fights, and that's all in spite of the fact that there are no title matches on the card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back