• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 123: Rampage vs. Machida - Urine Trouble, Rampage

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
[YOUTUBE]h3LsxuBufSE[/YOUTUBE]

Ufc123-poster_medium.jpg

MAIN CARD

• Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Lyoto Machida
  • Welterweight bout: Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn
  • Middleweight bout: Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcao
  • Light Heavyweight bout: Phil Davis vs. Tim Boetsch
  • Lightweight bout: George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon

Spike TV Card
  • Middleweight bout: Aaron Simpson vs. Mark Munoz
  • Welterweight bout: Matt Brown vs. Brian Foster

Preliminary Card (Non-televised)

• Welterweight bout: Karo Parysian vs. Dennis Hallman
  • Lightweight bout: Tyson Griffin vs. Nik Lentz
  • Lightweight bout: Darren Elkins vs. Edson Barboza
  • Lightweight bout: Paul Kelly vs. TJ O'Brien

This is definitely a solid card. Is it worth paying $54.95 for though? Absolutely not.

Rampage vs. Machida is a fight that I cannot see ending well for Rampage Jackson. I love Rampage, but he's carrying himself like he's completely unmotivated, and even if he was, I doubt he'd be able to take Machida. Lyoto Machida is still a top three light heavyweight. He's way too quick for Rampage, and has the big intangibles advantage. The only way Rampage could possibly win this fight is by KO in the first round, which I don't see happening. In addition to an edge in every aspect of this fight, Machida also has a major advantage in the conditioning department. Furthermore, you have to imagine that Machida will utilize leg kicks in such a big way... which are something Rampage will eat during a fight. Machida is going to bounce back from the Shogun loss in a big way, and we could be getting ready to see Machida vs. Jones early in 2011. This is either going to be a KO much like the Rashad one, or this is going to be a lopsided decision. I just can't see Rampage having much success in this fight.

Hughes vs. Penn III is a fight I'm going to be pulling for BJ to win. The issue here is that you have to wonder how demoralized BJ is at this point... having to go up in weight because he can't beat Frankie Edgar. BJ seems to struggle with wrestlers, and Matt Hughes is certainly going to try to take the fight to the ground as soon as possible. If the going gets tough for BJ early, he might just quit on the fight in general. Consider Hughes' domination of Penn the last time they fought, in addition to BJ's very real motivational problems, and this is a fight I can realistically see Hughes winning. Hughes is quietly knocking on the door of being in contention for a title shot, and a win over BJ Penn would push him right into a possible fight against someone like Jon Fitch. This is a must-win fight for BJ Penn... I just don't see it happening.

The next two fights on the main card feature prospects in their first real high-profile matches.

Gerald Harris will take on Maiquel Falcao. I've never heard of Falcao, but he has an extremely impressive 25-3 record. Falcao has 22 wins via KO, with a lot of them coming in the first round. I think Falcao, despite never seeing him fight, poses a big challenge to Gerald Harris... and I'm pretty interested in seeing how this fight unfolds. This is an absolute fight of the night candidate.

Phil Davis will take on Tim Boetsch. Boetsch recently returned to the UFC in what was probably supposed to be a one and done appearance as he was originally supposed to fight Thiago Silva at UFC 117. Silva dropped out, some can replaced him, the rest is history and Boetsch now has a tall order in trying to take out Phil Davis. Davis has flown under the radar, but he's also a very legitimate prospect who the UFC needs to put out into the limelight. Boetsch is basically getting fed to Davis here. Davis has A+ wrestling and some damn good striking. If Boetsch struggled with Jason Brilz' wrestling, then Davis is going to wrestle circles around him.

George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon is a fight I'm really looking forward to. I've become a huge fan of Sotiropoulos this year, and with Lauzon being from Boston, I'm always going to be pulling for him. If Sotiropoulos wins, he'll likely be next for a title shot. I'm sure Lauzon is very well aware of this, and is going to try to play spoiler, which could very well happen. Lauzon has shown flashes of brilliance in the past, but this is the fight where he needs to prove that he has "it" if he ever wants to be considered in the title contention picture. If we get the same Joe Lauzon we got at UFC 118, then he should be able to play spoiler... it's just that George Sotiropoulos isn't Gabe Ruediger.

Aaron Simpson vs. Mark Munoz should be a great middleweight fight between two prospects who had a lot of momentum earlier this year that has since fizzled out. Both fighters need a win, badly.

Glad to see Matt Brown in action too. He needs a win to stay alive in the UFC, and it would be a shame if he got cut because he is one of the most exciting fighters in the UFC. He should hopefully have no problem beating Brain Foster.

Prelim fights:

Dennis Hallman better destroy Karo Parysian (if he even decides to show up). I hate Karo, and after screwing the UFC on multiple occasions, he should really work to even sniff getting a title shot.

Nik Lentz is a boring fuck, and Tyson Griffin better destroy him.

I dig this card. It has a groovy vibe surrounding it. I am a fairly big Rampage fan, whereas I don't really like Machida all that much, though he has grown on me since the Rashad fight. Hughes vs. Penn needed the trilogy treatment and it will finally get it. Gerald Harris is my fucking boy, as is Phil Davis and Soti. The undercard is also respectable.

Rampage vs. Machida should be a fun fight, at least for a little while. I really like Rampage's brute strength in this fight, however the counter striking of Machida cannot but underestimated at all. If Rampage can use his strength I see him winning this fight, but if he can't clinch then Machida should be able to counter strike his way to victory.

I am actually really excited for Hughes vs. Penn III. I am not a fan of either man, but I give them all the credit in the world for being two of the greatest fighters of all time. If the BJ Penn of 3 fights ago shows up, he should run through Hughes. However, if Penn is hesitant then Hughes should be able to wrestle his way to a win.

I like Phil Davis a lot. He reminds me of Jon Jones. He has tremendous wrestling and some odd but effective striking. Boetsch will be a good test for him at this stage in his career. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is fighting Jones in the next few years, I think he has that sort of talent.

George Sotiropolous is one of my favorite fighters in MMA today. I think he has some of the best all around tools in the Lightweight division right now. Lauzon is no push over and should give Soti a nice challenge. If Soti wins, then he should be next in line. If Lauzon wins then he is still a win or two away from a shot. Should be a fun fight.

Gerald Harris is a monster. I wouldn't underestimate his opponent but I think he is a great talent and should win this fight.

The undercard is nice. I hope Tyson Griffin gets back on the right track, he desperately needs a win to stay in the UFC. Aaron Simpson vs. Mark Munoz should be a solid fight by two solid fighters in the Middleweight division. Matt Brown is exciting and needs a win. And it will be nice to see karo back, hopefully he can make the best of this second chance because it could be his last.

UFC:123 I really don't know what to expect from this card.

Rampage vs Machida
This fight has me puzzled. Rampage has the power advantage by far, is good in the clinch and to be honest his knockout power is his greatest asset and advantage he has over Lyoto. But their poses a problem, Lyoto is probably the best counter striker in the LW division maybe even in the whole UFC which really doesn't give us a clear winner. Which makes for a fun fight. If this fight drags on too long Rampage is in trouble, i think Lyoto will slowly but surely pick apart Rampage and really utilise the leg kick, that is how i see this fight going down.

BJ Penn vs Matt Hughes
I have given up on BJ Penn, because he is lazy and un motivated (im ready or a lashing from JMT) this guy has the potential to be the best ever in this sport but only when he is willing. His last best performance was against Dieo Sanchez and he hasn't looked good or dominant since so i see Matt Hughes coming out on top. He looked excellent in his last fight and i loved that anaconda choke, his power will give BJ a very hard time.

Just wanna say can't wait for fellow aussie George Sotiropulous excellent BJJ, he looked very good against Pellegrino and Joe Stevenson and really think he i ready for a title shot and hope he gets it. This man showed me some world class BJJ against Stevenson in Australia last Feb and have been rooting for him ever since.

I don't see how Rampage will be able to close the distance enough to land that one big shot, which is the only way I see him winning this. I still think Lyoto & Shogun are still on the same level(which is also a level above everyone else in the division), despite the KO. I think Machida is going to fight the same way he did against Tito and keep Page off balance.

By the way didn't Rampage talk about moving up to heavyweight recently?

Very, very, very excited for this show tonight.

Rampage vs. Machida is an interesting fight, to say the least. While I firmly believe Machida will dominate Rampage tonight, there's a part of me starting to think that maybe Rampage will actually shock the World and take this one. I mean, the fact is, a Rampage in shape, is a Rampage that's very, very hard to defeat. However, Rampage could be fooling everyone with this, "I'm in the best shape of my life, blah blah blah" stuff, so you never know. But if Rampage really is at his full strength and has good cardio, then we just might be in for a barn-burner. I certainly hope that ends up being the case.

Matt Hughes vs. BJ Penn.... I won't be more nervous for a fight this year. All I can say is that I pray to God BJ Penn whips this hick's ass, and returns to being the BJ Penn I know and love. If he doesn't, then man... I don't see where he goes from here. But I know in my heart BJ Penn is by far the superior fighter, and I just hope the man shows up in shape and ready to go. If he does, then the World will see the real BJ Penn, not that Frankie Edgar nonsense, or the BJ they saw in the 2nd fight with Hughes.

Don't know anything about Maiquel Falcão. Definitely expect Gerald Harris to destroy him. Looks like the UFC will be trying to make Harris the Jon Jones of the Welterweight Division. Will definitely be interesting to see if he can live up to it.

Phil Davis vs. Tim Boetsch... complete domination by Phil Davis. Enough said.

And I'm looking forward to George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon as much as any other fight on the card. This could literally go either way. George has all the skills in the World, but man... Lauzon is a fucking warrior and never stops coming at you. I don't think George has ever fought someone like Lauzon, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure Lauzon puts on him. I fully expect this to be Fight of the Night, and worth the $60 alone. Definitely looking forward to it.

At first I said eh to this card. Wasn't looking forward to it that much, but as it's gotten closer I have REALLY become excited. There are some FANTASTIC, and unpredictable fights on this card. The main event at first seems like it would be easy to predict. Machida stays on the outside, and wins a decision. That is what I think will happen, but there is something in my heart that makes me think Page will knock Machida the fuck out. I want to see that happen so fucking bad. I'm a Machida fan, but I am DYING to see Page knock some poor guy out. I cannot wait.

The co main event is really what I am excited to see. I am a huge BJ fan, and I have been so disappointed in his last two performances. I hate Hughes as a person, but as a fighter I have the utmost respect for him. He has done it all, and is still as elite as they come, and improving a lot in his striking. They both have great chins, great ground game, and advanced striking(more so BJ). It is really 50/50, and I am so freaking excited.

Sot vs Lauzon will be FOTN mark my words. A lot of people seem to be counting Lauzon out, and I think that is stupid. I have been a huge Lauzon fan, and have wanted to see him succeed so much. He is so likable, and this is his chance. I don't think he will let it pass. Sot has a bright future, but I firmly believe Lauzon will pull this out. I am more excited for this fight than the Main Event.

I fully expect Davis to kill Boetsch. Will not be close. Hopefully Karo can win tonight. I love the guy, and hopefully he can get past his demons, and have some more fantastic fights. He looked fucking fat at the weigh ins though.

I was with Fizzy at first, not to stoked about this card. But as it came closer and closer to today, it gained a lot more interest from me, especially after a Countdown to UFC airs, they tend to get you pumped for the card. One of the things that has me amped for this card now, is to see what BJ shows up tonight. Will it be the lost soul looking Penn from his last fight, or the won ready to fight his ass off?

Machida vs Rampage is a fight I wasn't to thrilled about for Rampage's sake. I would be fine with him fighting Machida once he had another fight or two, he showed to much ring rust in the Evans fight. But with Rampage he always has that knockout power so you never know.

Like I said already the Penn/Hughes fight will be most interesting depending on what Penn shows up to fight. Hopefully BJ watched his last fight enough times to realize he looked like a fucking drugged zombie in there, and comes ready to battle. Hughes has been on a nice little win streak lately, I'm just hoping that stops with Penn, and Penn starts one of his own.

Harris vs. Falcao should be a nice war. Both guys have big knockout power. Someone should definitely go to sleep in this fight. Harris is quickly making a name for himself in the Middleweight division, and Falcao should be another notch for Harris.

Davis vs. Boetsch could be very fun or very dull, meaning dull because it can be a wrestlefest and we know those can be quite boring. Davis much like Harris is rising fast in his division. Like everyone else I see Davis dominating this fight.

Sotiropoulos vs. Lauzon is a great fight to start the main card. If Sotiropoulos beats Lauzon he better be getting a number one contender fight in his next fight. He has been nothing but impressive since he has been with UFC. Lauzon will be a tough challenge for him, as he rebounded very nicely after his decision loss to Stout. Like Fizzy said this could easily be FOTN!!

The Spike undercard looks to be quite nice. With Simpson/Munoz we should expect to see a lot of punches thrown. Simpson was on the rise in the Middleweight division until Leben took it to him and TKO'd him, Munoz is another tough challenge for him as he is looking to get back on track after losing to Okami in his last fight. Not really sure who is gonna win, but it should be a damn good fight. Brown/Foster should be alright as well. It's a fight that Brown needs more than ever, if he loses you can guarantee he will be released, he wins he will live to be employed another day. Foster just fought last month winning KOTN honors making quick work of Petz. Definitely another fight that can go either way.

For the rest of the undercard, Tyson Griffin needs a win badly or he will be gone. Karo will have his hands full with a very seasoned veteran in Hallman.

Rampage vs. Machida was very close but I thought the decision was correct. I don't know how most feel about the fight, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Rampage was very aggressive from the start and that was what won him the fight in the end I believe. The first two round were very even, but Rampage pressed the action more. The third round was Machida's. I loved when Rampage caught Machida flush, but Machida connected with his own punch and sent Page staggering back. That engage was awesome and I thought Machida was about to steal the fight with his takedown and submission attempt, but Page went Pride and almost got the slam. Very close fight and I am happy to see Rampage win again. I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch with Machida next, however I would prefer to see him fight either Rashad Evans or Mauricio Rua, preferably Rua.

Hughes vs. Penn was short and sweet. Penn looked great. His striking was better then ever. The BJ Penn we saw tonight is a BJ Penn I can enjoy. I hate when he is cocky and unmotivated, but tonight he was humble and came to fight. It was a thing of beauty.

I missed the other fights but got to see the Parisyan vs. Hallman fight. Man, Parisyan looked out of shape and did not belong in there with Hallman. I am so shocked that Hallman has won two UFC fights since his return, I did not expect that from him, but I guess it should be expected when Parisyan fights so poorly. I expect to see Parisyan, Griffin and Brown to get cut.

Man, I was vey happy with how UFC 123 came out very good.

I have new found respect for Rampage because he showed cardio, heart and was inteligent. This was a very determined Rampage and he really did look his best in a long time and to me he looked like a top contender. He constantly took it to Machida and took Machida out of his comfort zone a little, Rampage careted good angles and distance from Machida at the right times and then engaged when needed very good stuff. And man how awesome was it when Machida landed on his feet when he was about to get slammed, I agree with the decision and I welcome a rematch between the two.

BJ Penn just WOW. I talked shit about him before saying how he is rubish when he is unmotivated and just not bothered but man he made me eat my words tonight. His striking was crisp and just destroyed Matt Hughes. I look forward to seeing BJ live in person in Australia come UFC 127 when he goes toe to toe with Jon Fitch if it comes to fruition. I look forward to watching this BJ.

Good to see George Soti get an awesome win which should definetly catipult him towards a title shot. UFC 123 as a whole really delivered, and created somegood stuff for the highlight reel, and some good memories.

I was at the Bruins game, so I missed Lauzon/Sotiropoulos. I'm pissed I missed the fight and I haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad Lauzon put up a fight. I'm a huge Lauzon fan, but on the surface, he wasn't ready for someone like Sotiropoulos, who is going to be in a holding pattern until the UFC and WEC Lightweight titles get merged. He should really be #1 contender right now. The reports I've read stated Lauzon won the first, but got gassed out. It's a shame, but he'll be back.

Rampage vs. Machida was such a good fight, and I'm glad that Rampage got the win. I'm shocked that he actually stuck to a solid gameplan, and I'm even more shocked that he managed to beat Machida, who at one point was considered unbeatable. Rampage is back to a championship level form, something we haven't seen since the Wanderlei fight... and as someone who has always been a huge fan of his, I'm very glad he's seemingly back. Both guys probably won't be put on hold for an extended period of time, so who knows, we might have a rematch.

I'm really glad that BJ Penn is back, and I'm even more glad that he probably retired Matt Hughes last night. All it took was 21 seconds. I just want to know where that BJ Penn was back during the Frankie Edgar fights.

Gerald Harris vs. Maiquel Falcao was good until the third round when Falcao did absolutely nothing, and Harris needed to do SOMETHING in order to win. This is a fight that hurt both guys... Harris didn't deliver when he was called upon to, especially after a piss poor performance in the third round, and Falcao didn't go for the kill.

Phil Davis looked great against Tim Boetsch, and I think Davis vs. Hamill makes a lot of sense next. Davis reminds me a lot of Rashad Evans, and he has "future champion" written all over him. What a sick submission that was to end the fight.

I was really impressed by Edson Barboza last night. He has the potential to be a force at 155, and I really felt bad for Mike Lullo as he got absolutely picked apart by leg kicks. He reminds me a little bit of a tall Jose Aldo. I can't wait to see how he progresses.

Finally, I'm glad that Karo Pariysan is done for good. He shouldn't have been allowed back in the first place. Dennis Hallman looked good again, and I think he and Hughes should rematch if Hughes doesn't retire.

BJ Penn's knockout on Matt Hughes now ranks as one of my all time favorite knockouts. What an awesome, awesome moment to be a BJ Penn fan. BJ showed up in old form. I know the fight only ended up being a few seconds, but regardless you could tell BJ Penn was BJ Penn again just based on his entrance. The intensity and passion he displayed last night is what was missing from the Frankie Edgar fights. There's no doubt in my mind that had BJ showed up to the Edgar fights like he showed up last night, there's absolutely no way he would have ever lost to him.

But yeah... I really don't care about the other fights. UFC 123 will always be remembered to me as the resurgence of BJ Penn, especially if this leads to BJ getting some big wins in the Welterweight Division and going on to compete for the Title.

That said, I do need to comment on the other fights, lol.

Machida vs. Rampage was a great technical battle. I really didn't know Rampage was capable of making a game plan and sticking to it throughout 3 whole rounds. The dude kept his composure the entire fight, and in the end it paid off for him. The fight was close, no doubt, but I gave the first two rounds to Rampage. Machida fought his fight, but it goes to show that with the right game plan, almost any top LHW can beat this man. However, if Machida ever starts using his karate, strength, and athleticism for takedowns rather than elusive stand-up, I guarantee he will get back within the mix in the Light Heavyweight division in no time.

George Sotiropoulos vs. Joe Lauzon... great, great little fight. Had Lauzon's gas tank held up, then the fight would have undoubtedly ended up being a
FOTY candidate. But unfortunately, Lauzon completely blew his load in the first round, and it costs him deeply. Either Lauzon will need to work on his cardio, or learn how to pace himself while he's in there. Either way, last night was definitely not the last we've seen from Joe Lauzon. I'm sure he'll be back and better than ever in his next fight.

As far as Sot... showed everyone what we already knew; he's one of the most well-rounded, gifted Lightweights in MMA right now. I agree with Guy that he should be the #1 Contender at this point, though I'm not complaining with his status because the longer the UFC continues to put Sot on the back shelf, the sooner Takanori Gomi will get his shot at the LW Title. :D :D :D

I didn't know going into the fight that Maiquel Falcao was a Chute Box fighter. Had I known, I would have given him more of a chance in my OP. Regardless, fantastic first 2 rounds from him. This guy can definitely go places in the WW Division. However, he'll need to learn that a fight doesn't stop until the final bell, no matter what the situation is. It was a true shame to see him waste what was otherwise a tremendous performance by taking the 3rd Round off. Hopefully he learns from this mistake, and moves on from it quickly.

And Phil Davis... once again another great showing. Hopefully though we see him in there with some legit competition next. I love Guy's recommendation of Matt Hamill. If Davis can beat Hamill like he has all his other opponents in the UFC, then we will all know that this dude is legit.

Man UFC 123 was a fun card to watch. Some entertaining fights all around.

Rampage vs. Machida was a lot different then I thought it would be. I thought Machida would apply a lot more pressure to Rampage. Was nice to see Rampage shake off all the ring rust he showed in the Evans fight, he definitely looked focussed and ready to go. For a second there I thought it was gonna be scored like the Machida/Rua 1 as I said in the LD. Machida definitely won the third round, I would say Rampage won the first, the second was the one that got the spilt decision. I think it was the right call as Rampage was clearly the more aggressor those first two rounds. The win will probably get Rampage a fight with either Evans or Shogun next. I would like to see Machida take on the winner of the Jones/Bader fight.

Penn vs. Hughes - I firmly believe it was the change in shorts for BJ that turned it around for him, he ditched the usual white RVCA shorts and went with black ones, jkjk. Whatever BJ did to get prepared for this fight he needs to stick with it, he looked completely different then the last two fights, you seen it with his facial expressions. He was ready to go. I doubt that was the last time we saw Hughes, I see him fighting at least a few more fights before he calls it a career. After seeing Penn announced to fight Fitch next, BJ needs to come out just like he did last night, with applying the pressure very early.

Harris vs. Falcao was an exciting fight until that third round. Falcao took it to Harris those first two rounds beating him in the stand up and on the ground, even gassing him. Then the third round starts and Falcao does absolutely nothing except circling around Harris. Harris who was gassed still should've at least tried for something instead he just danced around with Falcao not trying anything. Those last 10 seconds pissed me off, soon as Falcao heard the clap for the last 10 seconds he charged talking shit. What irked me the most about that was he heard that but not the horn for the end of the 1st when he didn't let go of the RNC he had on Harris. Harris will bounce back from this I'm almost certain. I would like to see Falcao take on Alves next has the making to to be a stand up war.

Davis vs. Boetsch went exactly as we all thought it would, Davis dominating throughout the fight. Crashin was right when he called that version of a Kimura Davis applied to get submission of the night award. A little work on Davis' striking and he is gonna go far in the Light Heavyweight division. I think an intriguing match up would be Davis vs. Hamill, even though Dana said he promises Hamill a top ten opponent next, this would still be a damn good match up to make.

Sotiropoulos vs. Lauzon was pretty good. Lauzon came out strong and was taking it hard to Sot, Sot gained some of the round back, but I think Lauzon still took the round. I missed part of the second round, had to let the dog out walked back into Sot finishing the fight with the Kimura, so I didn't see how Lauzon looked gassed. Crazy that Sot already has his next opponent in Siver, which I'm completely against he needs to fight a top contender at Lightweight. Lauzon just needs to work on that conditioning he looked damn good in the first round.

For the undercard, Matt Brown should be out of a job, Foster looked good can't wait to see him again. Munoz/Simpson was pretty fun they both landed some big shots on each other. Both looked better than they did their last fights. Griffin despite losing again will still have a job as Dana said he won't cut him yet. Hallman looked good against Karo and finished him quickly. Karo can bitch all he wants about the fight being stopped early, but once you get caught and don't defend yourself the ref will call the fight.

Well this card was way better than last weeks, but that doesnt say much:)

Sotiropoulos is just amazing, he looked so calm when Lauzon came out with his usual pressure and had the gas tank to finish Lauzon. If Sotiropoulos defeats Siver he has to get the next title shot. Sotiropoulos-Henderson would be epic!

Joe Lauzon needs to work on his cardio, or like jmt said start out more slow next time.

Phil Davis.... Do i need to say more? I say give him Thiago Silva if he wins over Brandon Vera, seems like a good test.

Alot of people seem to blame Falcao for the third round but Harris was down 2-0 and he did nothing. Of course Falcao has to fight also but he was cleary winning so to put full blame on him is wrong.
Also the first round was only 4.54 long, the timekeeper cut the round short with 6 seconds. If you se the fight again the clap for 10 sec left goes and then the horn goes of, if the fight got the full 5 min Harris would probably had tapped. Thankfullt Falcao won anyway but its still a big mistake.

Penn won easy and it was not that surprising, Hughes has looked slow in his last fights and Penn is still fast. But now there is a problem, if Penn stops Fitch is he going to get a title shot at 170? If GSP is the champ i have no interest in seeing that fight for a third time. And at 155 if Edgar still champ he wont get a third fight there either.

I had Jackson-Machida a draw, i thought rond 1 was 10-10 with rond 2 to Jackson and rond 3 to Machida. Maybe Jackson is faster than i think but Machida didnt look as fast as he usually does. Also Machidas groundgame is seriously underrated.

I say give Jackson the winner of Franklin-Griffin and Machida can get Matt Hamill.

Tyson Griffin got robbed BAD against Nick Lentz, Griffin did what Lentz did to Andre Winner but better in the first two ronds and had the third easy. I have no idea what the judges was looking at. Cecil Peoples was probably a judge, its always him.

The other fights were good, Karo looked awful and got cut.

Brian Foster is another strong grappler at 170 who is going to make life hard for strikers. Matt Brown is going to get cut i think.

Munoz-Simpson was fun but they wont make the top of the division.

Barboza was impressive, maybe not compare him to Jose Aldo yet but his kicks were nasty. His takedown defense looked solid and his bjj was good, put him up against Joe Lauzon.

Paul Kelly won but i dont remember much of the fight.

Everyone at the bar was pretty shocked when Rampage won that split decision but I can't say anyone was particularly upset, LoL. it was a good fight.

I've got to say I was absolutely shocked to see BJ Penn take matt down so fast. That's was amazing! 21 seconds and Matt was like "What happened?" Whoa. Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back