Two Consecutive Raws, Two Consecutive Good Divas Matches

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
You know, last night we saw something that we haven't see in WWE for quite a spell. The Divas Championship match between Nikki Bella and Paige was actually not only pretty decent match, it's also the 2nd week in a row we've gotten a good Divas match.

I don't want to read too much into this or get my hopes up on things improving for the women overall because my hopes have been kicked in the nuts too many times; if my hopes ever have kids, they'll have brain damage. Since AJ Lee's Tweet #GiveDivasAChance a few weeks ago, the general storylines, match quality and length have shown signs of improvement. They haven't come across like a bunch of petty, bickering high school chicks and the tension between AJ & Paige last night was a nice touch. Of course they still jobbed Natalya out to a mini in a bull costume, but it's not been quite business as usual for the Divas as a whole.

Of course they still jobbed Natalya out to a mini in a bull costume, but it's not been quite business as usual for the Divas as a whole.

Sure, but Natalya wasn't functioning in the diva division....and after all, she pinned Little Bullshit last Thursday in a 6-person match. As far as I can see, the involvement of Natalya in this type of match is geared to foment discord between Nattie and Tyson....and I've got to say, after all the years of thinking Tyson Kidd had no personality, it's great to see him display some.

Still, Nattie's part in the whole thing had no bearing on the diva division and shouldn't be considered when talking about the gals.

As to the rest of the post, the reason things are looking better for the women is because management is using their best performers and allowing them more time to work a match. I've found it highly satisfying and effective that the gals are being given about 15 minutes to put a story across, instead of the usual 45-second spot-fests which feature a quick boot to the stomach and a finisher.

Because of last night's match, while we know what the Bellas bring to the party, the real story is the discord created between AJ and Paige, giving us reason to want to see what they'll do on Sunday....whether their main battle will be against Brie and Nikki---or each other.

Okay, if you don't care about the divas....and nothing can force you to....you might find no more reason to wonder what will happen at WM31 than before last night's action.....but I say: give it a chance; with a legitimate storyline created and time in the ring to sell it, I feel Creative may be finally pointing the divas in the right direction.

They're being given the opportunity.....let's see what they do with it.

What struck me the most last night is the vast improvement Nikki Bella has made in the ring. I'm my opinion she shown that she's now on the same level as Paige and AJ. I think overall Sasha Banks is the best female wrestler on the entire roster but last night gave me hope that we'll witness some top quality match ups in the future.

Yep. I'm so happy to see Nicki tell her dissenters to eff off. She's been tremendous in the ring the last few months when she's gotten some time. Paige has always been decent in the ring. And AJ has been known as the second best in the Divas division behind Nattie.

At this point, Nicki is in their league. She's no Charlotte, but she's improving, all the time. I MAY not fast forward this match this Sunday night, now. Which is a massive step up.

What struck me the most last night is the vast improvement Nikki Bella has made in the ring. I'm my opinion she shown that she's now on the same level as Paige and AJ. I think overall Sasha Banks is the best female wrestler on the entire roster but last night gave me hope that we'll witness some top quality match ups in the future.

Yeah Nikki's improved a lot. Probably the best heel Diva I've seen in a while. She's really worked on her craft. It was getting kind of old seeing dominant champs like AJ and Paige continuing to beat their opponents the same way. With Nikki, we see originality.

Nikki's progress since she's been champion has been phenomenal. She used to just be a pretty face, but she is much more than that now. She has improved every aspect of her game, if only I could say the same for Brie. I was a Bella hater this time last year, now Nikki has become one of my favorite divas. Unlike Brie, Nikki didn't have to put her relationship with the biggest star in the company on blast for me to like her.

For the first time in awhile, I am excited to see where the division goes.

Heard nothing but good things about that match.. While i was fast forwarding it, it was taking forever, it seemed really long.. Glad the fans enjoyed it though unlike most shit that's happening in WWE.

I don't know what everyone else was watching because I thought the Divas match last night sucked. Nikki's pathetic offense is still some of the worst there is, she's either slapping & pushing or grabbing a weak looking chin lock the whole time. Feel free to disagree but I was there live & most people around me were either chanting "boring" or just left to go to concessions, the bathroom, etc.

They haven't come across like a bunch of petty, bickering high school chicks
Also I don't understand where this comment is coming from AT ALL, because that is exactly what there entire feud has felt like this whole time. Just wait for the promo they cut on Smackdown, the entire thing felt like 2 bimbo "popular" girls bullying the "freaks" near their locks after class because their not as pretty as them or some B.S.

Maybe WWE has a few decent female, in-ring performers now but the Divas get plenty of time considering the majority of their segments are still garbage.

Also on a side note & speaking of Natalya, why half the time now she is in black leather, playing a heel & jobbing to El Torito while the other part of the time she's in her usual pink & black & a fan favorite of the girls??? Makes zero sense.

Besides being smoking hot and sexy Nikki has become fun to watch in the ring actually.

Her complete 180 from incompetent and impossible to watch to where she is now is a good story and she should be celebrated for it.

Her and Paige could have a nice, long feud if WWE wises up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back