• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paige Is The *NEW* WWE Divas Champion

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Two matches into SummerSlam and there've been two title changes. I'm hoping this isn't a sign of WWE going back to playing hot potato with the titles.

At any rate, Paige cleanly went over AJ Lee a few minutes ago to regain the Divas Championship. Unless things change in the next 5 weeks, there'll probably be a rematch between Paige & AJ at Night of Champions.

And another mistake in my opinion, why have her go over clean? I figured she'd retain by DQ setting up a rematch for Night Of Champions where Paige could go over.

So let's look at the title history right now. Miz won it a month ago, lost it. Usos won it half a year ago. Cena won it 49 days ago to lose it to Lesnar. Sheamus for months without defending it. And AJ won it a month and a half ago, just to lose it to Paige.

Of course, maybe there's some plan set up. Just gotta wait and find out

yeah who knows why she won it now instead of NOC, maybe an NXT diva is coming up to feud, useless they are going to switch between AJ and Paige in the feud. at least they can wrestle.

And another mistake in my opinion, why have her go over clean? I figured she'd retain by DQ setting up a rematch for Night Of Champions where Paige could go over.

So let's look at the title history right now. Miz won it a month ago, lost it. Usos won it half a year ago. Cena won it 49 days ago to lose it to Lesnar. Sheamus for months without defending it. And AJ won it a month and a half ago, just to lose it to Paige.

Of course, maybe there's some plan set up. Just gotta wait and find out

Start with Paige she wasn't getting over as a face champion and it didn't really work. Having AJ come back and win it off of her helps turn her into the "anti-diva" she was in NXT. If she never lost it to AJ it doesn't really make much sense to turn her and have the character change. AJ doesn't need the title after the long reign she had last year having her keep the title and feud with anyone other than AJ isn't fresh or interesting. AJ is similar to Cena she has had the title and been the focal point for so long not a lot she can do they we haven't already seen her do.

Not sure why Ziggler didn't just win it last month. Maybe with Brock holding the WWE championship the IC title is going to be more of a focal point and they wanted it won cleanly on a big stage instead of a lower level PPV in a specialty type match like a Battle Royal, or maybe Miz isn't going to be around for as long as expected. I found it real odd when Reigns punched him in the face on Smackdown... all this about protecting the money maker and not getting hit in the face and you just have Reigns sucker punch him. Didn't make much sense.

Cena only held it 49 days but that can't really fall on the company because they had already committed to the Brock winning story line and an injury got in the way so Cena made the most sense as a transitional champion

I'm so disillusioned with this current group of divas, especially after the Bella vs Bella "twist" that a blind person would have seen coming, that I don't mind that AJ and Paige are going back and forth as champion. No other Diva comes close to being able to have a compelling storyline right now.

I'm so disillusioned with this current group of divas, especially after the Bella vs Bella "twist" that a blind person would have seen coming, that I don't mind that AJ and Paige are going back and forth as champion. No other Diva comes close to being able to have a compelling storyline right now.

Agreed.
At least it is better than having only AJ....at least now, there is someone she can dance with.

Well, AJ is allready established contender and they are trying to build Paige. If you look at it like that its not really a bad call to book Paige little stronger then just "Diva who beated real champion by fluke because real champion was egoistic(and was on her way for vacation and maridge to a person who left WWE), was defending it against the likes of Alicia Fox and after real champion comed back she won the title back".

There are a couple of divas running around on NXT that I'd love to see get in the ring for a title shot. They do have a long way to go of course, but they've got the potential. Right now, I'm happy that we've got a heel Paige with the title. Maybe this'll stir things up so the rest of the division has to step their game up to even come close.

To me, Paige is finding her way now. I was really underwhelmed with her as face champ. But her as a sort of crazy, weird heel who beats the shit out of people in the ring? I'm buying it.

I'm with this. If AJ won, where would she go? That would kind've kill Paige off, and there's nobody else out there.......unless they went Stephanie-AJ(which I would love down the line, but not right yet).

Paige is now looking more legit, and with her winning that makes it OK to extend this feud IMO.

I was surprised at the result. I didn't see it coming. I don't know if this means AJ is leaving again but the lack of contenders outside of AJ is alarming.

You could say her latest reign was mediocre because of how she ran through her opponents (Tamina, Fox, etc.)

I'm hoping they could tie in the Bella Twins feud into the Divas title division to make it more interesting

I think maybe they will bring some NXT divas up to feud with Paige. I agree with the other poster in why she won it back

This match wasn't really that interesting to me at all. Paige is an excellent in ring performer, but she's just not entertaining or believable. The Divas division will be fine. Aj seems to be there to further along Paige's character and that's a good thing. Charlotte and Sasha Banks down in NXT are two sure fire call ups that need to be made to bolster that divas roster.

I'll admit to being surprised by the result. WWE seemed to enjoy having AJ as it's diva champion, as evidenced by the fact she was #1 until the day she left on her vacation.....and again became #1 the very night she returned. (I started to get the feeling she was receiving career advice from her husband as to forcing her employer to do whatever she wants :worship:).

Still, if the purpose of the whole thing was to re-start Paige's title reign.....but this time as a heel....I suppose they accomplished what they wanted, although Paige technically could have become a bad girl without the trading of title belts.

At any rate, I really enjoyed Paige illustrating the way to break the finishing hold of AJ, something no diva has been able to do. The sequence has the double effect of establishing Paige's credentials as a technical wrestler (which is rare to say about a diva) even while solidifying her heel persona for the next series of events involving her.

After their program with each other ends (if it hasn't already) it will be interesting to see what's on tap for Paige and AJ.

Surprisingly good match, great finish.

It's taking time, but the influence of Sara Del Rey's training and the influx of former Shimmer athletes to the roster is becoming more and more apparent.

Brilliant debut year for Paige, keep it up lass.

I'm not mad that Paige is champion if that's how it sounded :p I just don't get why after like a year of not doing the hot potato they decide to do it again. Ziggler has been getting jipped for years now(at least that's how it feels) so why not have him lose last night? Didn't even have to be fair but I don't get why they even slapped the belt on Miz if he was gonna lose it a month later. They could have had Miz retain like a heel and had a rematch for NoC where Ziggler dominates and kayfabe injures Miz, bam he's out if they were planning on him being out.

Now for Paige, why not have Paige DQ herself? She goes berserk and just takes AJ out? Set them up for a rematch at NoC where Paige could win it there...which would even their record at 2-2 and would force another rematch which could be a specialty match(prolly submission).

Surprising outcome for a good match.

Obviously, we'll see another rematch at Night Of Champions, with Paige retaining. Paige needs the title more, and it'll be interesting to see how WWE handles round three between these two.

With the way things are going now, The Bella Twins drama and AJ VS Paige split the spotlight in the Divas division 50/50, because AJ already proved she's head and shoulders above everyone else in the division with decisive wins during her first run as champ. And Paige was quick to eliminate any obstacles standing in her way. AJ and Paige are the only two challengers worthy of each other, so you have to believe WWE will try and squeeze one or two more matches out of this feud.

i loved the fact that at Summerslam, she won the title. Summerslam was the best event for her to have won the championship. To have her win the title on her 22th Birthday at one of the top 4 biggest events in the history is something that may never be done again. So it was a wonderful moment for her to have in her career, and for her fans worldwide. No one should take that moment from her. It was cool, the match was great. She, on this rare occasion, was allowed to be a dominating heel type. Loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back