• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Turning the Page: Jeff Hardy

2011: Should Jeff Hardy turn?

• Yes, Jeff Hardy should turn face.

• No, he should remain a heel.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LSN80

King Of The Ring
This is my second installment in my thread series of making various face and heel turns, the first in the TNA section. I decided to focus this on the "AntiChrist of Professional Wrestling" Jeff Hardy.

Jeff has been a face for most of his entire career(including his TNA career), except save his brief run in 02-03 that lasted about 3 weeks. He re-debuted in TNA at their live January, attacking Homicide to a massive pop. Hardy on didn't appear again until two months later, where he made the save for D'Angelo Dinero, Abyss and Hulk Hogan following an A.J. Styles, Ric Flair and Desmond Wolfe the March 8th episode of Impact. He then defeated then TNA champion AJ Styles in his first match back the following week on Impact. He woulg go on to compete for the Number One Contender's spot against RVD in a losing effort on April 19th, and spent the majority of the summer both feuding with and then teaming with Mr. Anderson.

But it was the shocking heel turn that has granted Hardy his most success within TNA, and arguably anywhwere. He is easily doing the best mic work of his career, both with his eery backstage promos and his in-ring ones. He also brutalized his former "tag" partner in Mr. Anderson with a chair, been revealed to be behind Abyss' attack on RVD that ultimately cost RVD his WHC, and opened the door for his heel turn. After two excellent and greuling matches with Ken Anderson that went to double pins and no-contests both, the stage was set for Hardy's excellent heel turn at Bound FOR Glory. At first he seemed to be attempting to play peacemaker between Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan, but he took one of Hulks crutches and nailed both his opponents in Angle and Anderson before pinning Anderson to become the new World Champion.

There's no doubt Hardy has been an excellent heel, and perhaps the best overall work of his career. But the idea behind this thread isn't to put over how well Hardy's been doing as a heel, but to discuss how you would turn him face. I also want to know why it would work. If you disagree with someone, thats all well and good and I welcome that in this and the upcoming threads. But I for damn sure want to know your idea as to how to turn him as well. Have fun with this. :)

1. How would you successfully turn Jeff Hardy face?

2.Why would this scenario work for him?

3. Is it a good idea to turn him in the next year, or should he stay a heel? Why?

Wow, I don't want to say turn him face at all. But if any scenario would work for him, it would have to involve Immortal turning face as a whole. Jeff Hardy's gimmick is in way to deep to even think about coming back as a face any time in the near future. He's drawing heat in massive doses. But if he were to turn face, like I said, it would have to involve Immortal and maybe Fourtune. Have them start to friction with each other causing some kind of feud within a faction. Nothing major. Soon enough, we'll see Jeff starting to become more liked by the audience, then one week, add the final piece to the puzzle by Twist of Hating Eric Bischoff or Hogan.

I don't really know. TNA doesn't really have a major face at the moment. So I don't see how saving a face wrestler would do any good but make us confused. So doing something with Immortal would be the key factor to turning him face.

3. Is it a good idea to turn him in the next year, or should he stay a heel? Why?

Finally. HEEL HEEL HEEL! Jeff is a phenomenal heel. Probably the best in TNA's history. No I'm not over exaggerating, I seriously think Jeff is TNA's best heel. His character represents his true, real life character. Seems as if he was born to play this. TNA took a leap with turning Jeff heel for the first time in his Wrestling career, turning him back would be a major fail on their part. Jeff Hardy makes a great heel, and he shouldn't be turning face anytime soon.

1.) Although Turning Jeff Hardy would be counter productive at this point, the way I see them doing it would be to involve Matt. Matt Hardy could, in essence, change Jeff back to a good guy. This would be the thing that would have to do it.

2.) The scenario would work for him because the Hardy's work well together as a team. This would be the way it happens if they had to do it.

3.) I have to agree that Jeff needs to stay a heel. Jeff has made it well as a Heel. He is gaining serious Heat as well as improved Mic work. I have to admit that this has worked well for the AntiChrist of Professional Wrestling. The guy has almost filled a void that TNA has had in having a great Heel character. Plus the fact that several people genuinely seem to hate Jeff anyway, it can't hurt. Personally, I would add to the work and have it look like Matt has come in to try and lead a new team through TNA to fight Immortal just to watch him also turn on TNA so he could join his brother. Would work and could be fun.

There is really no need to turn Jeff Hardy face at the moment. His turn has been built up as the biggest shocker in TNA and it needs to stay that way for the time being.

However I think he will turn face when the Immortal angle comes to an end. I think the best way to turn him face would be for him to realize that Hogan had brainwashed him into turning against his fans. TNA should book Hogan as some sort of a master puppeteer and make it clear that Immortal was never Jeff's idea but he went along with Hogan thinking it would benefit him. But then he realises that he has lost the ones who made him what he is: the fans. That way I feel Hogan could still remain heel at the end of Immortal, he could become a Vince Mcmahon like authority figure, while Hardy turns face.

Obviously the thing is that this should happen only after a very long time, say a year, at the very least.

Jeff should stay heel for a very long time. I never really cared for him untill now. I mean, noone really expected him to be champion after Bound For Glory much less the main guy in a stable of heels. I like how they gave him that mysterious gimmick and I think he is really working well with it. I loved how he said in one of his promos, "Please forgive me" talking to RVD and Anderson.

Now if I had to turn him face, here is what I would do. Have Anderson become the number one contender. Make sure things keep going smoothly with Jeff Hardy and Immortal so it wouldn't be so obvious. They could continue feuding untill April's ppv Lockdown where they would go at it for the World Title in a steel cage. Now, just like Bound For Glory, I would want them to pull the ultimate twist. So Hardy vs Anderson in a steel cage for all the marbles. They have a long brutal match with a screw job ending like Bound For Glory but better. Have Immortal make a run in and break into the cage. Hardy and Anderson are both already laid out after Hardy hit a whisper in the wind on Anderson off the top of the cage much like he did to Umaga on Raw a few years back. Now, Immortal surrounds Anderson getting ready to attack but Bischoff stops them. He tells them to wait and just be patient. He goes out of the cage and gets a chair. He comes back in and corners Anderson. Instead of hitting Anderson, he hands the chair to Anderson and ANderson smacks Hardy with a chair shot to the head. Immortal had taken out the ref when they broke in so Bischoff calls Jackson James to come out and he does. He counts to three and Anderson wins the WOrld title thus turning heel as the new leader of Immortal. Now the fans would cheer for Jeff.

I think that would be a good scenario because noone would expect it like what happened at Bound For Glory. The fans would get behind Jeff since he would be feuding with IMmortal now.

If this were to happen then it would need to be at least next years Lockdown because he is working well with this new gimmick at the moment.

I'm not sure if he should go face or not.
I love Hardy's mic work and promos as a heel, but in the ring, I just don't see him working it right. Generally it's because he talked all this trash about how he's tired of sacrificing his body for the fans and called himself the anti-Christ of wrestling, but outside of the high flying stuff, Hardy doesn't really have much of a ground wrestling style to back on, and that's really the issue with it.

However, in order to successfully turn Jeff face, you'd have to be really creative with it. I can't come up with a way to get Hardy to turn face considering his position, but my guess is that it would probably have to be a series of events that would lead to Hardy's demise as a champ and a heel, some kind of absence, a set of teasing promos (ruined by the Internet) hinting at his return, and then he could return as a face. I don't see how Hardy could just turn face while on TV at this time.

In short, the part of me that loves great wrestling matches wants to see Hardy go face, but the part of me that loves interesting stories wants to see Hardy stay heel. But it really is a double edge sword.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back