• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tuesday - Sunday Night Raw

ztwhite

The Future Mr. Kelly Kelly
I posted a reply to a thread yesterday with this thought process in mind, but I want to throw this out there and see what kind of reaction I receive.

Does the WWE need to reconsider Monday Night Raw ?? By this, I mean should the WWE consider moving the show to another night ??

Before the Stone Cold tributes begin (Hell NO !!), let me explain my reasoning.

Back in the day, basically the '90's, there wasn't much competition in the way of TV viewing on Monday nights. Now, you have several top rated shows in Monday primetime.

ABC - Dancing with the Stars
CBS - The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two & A Half Men, CSI Miami
NBC - Chuck, Heroes
FOX - House
CW - Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill

Plus, the sports world has evolved so much that there is always a pretty decent game to watch on Mondays, aside from the 17-20 week run of Monday Night Football.

The problem I run into is that if they were going to move from Monday to another night, is there really a better night or timeslot ??

TV has changed so much in the past ten years, that the primetime competition is far above what it used to be when you factor in all the crime shows, reality shows, comedies and sporting events. Are the WWE's ratings slipping becuase the product isn't as good, or has the competition outside the wrestling world stepped up their game to unattainable levels ??

Discuss.

Yeah I agree with you that Raw could be moved but I don't see it happening. My reason for saying this is that Monday night Raw has become almost a tradition now. I mean sure they move Smackdown around from time to time but that's only because it's pre-recorded. I think it's a good idea but it's not gonna happen imho.

Reactions: OIL
I do think that moving it would be a bonus - but TV works much different in the UK than it does over there in the US, so it's kind of hard for me to judge.

You seem to have good programmes on to compete against every night, so I doubt WWE could move RAW, unless it wants to compete against its own programming?! lol

There's a hit show on every night though. I'm not super into TV and I don't feel like looking up the line-ups for all the major networks every night, but I can't really see it working any other night either. Wednesday has American Idol and Lost, and a slew of other popular reality shows. Thursday has NBC's best comedy line-up as well as Grey's Anatomy and ABC's other major programs. Friday night is a lousy night for TV, so that is the only time I could see it working, but a lot of times people will be watching the game or not watching TV those nights. Saturday is the same way, not much prime-time programming, but that's because it's a bad night for television. Finally, Sunday has all sorts of prime-time TV.

Basically, there is nowhere for them to move to, I think for now, Monday night is their safest bet.

You can't get the WWE to move RAW to different nights every time there's another major show up against it. Surely the WWE should be good enough to go up against them. The fact it, there's a good show in every night. So, so many channels. It's impossible to avoid it. So, the WWE should just stick to RAW being on a Monday. Plus, it's a tradition now anyway. Monday Night RAW. That's how it should stay.

I posted a reply to a thread yesterday with this thought process in mind, but I want to throw this out there and see what kind of reaction I receive.

Does the WWE need to reconsider Monday Night Raw ?? By this, I mean should the WWE consider moving the show to another night ??

Before the Stone Cold tributes begin (Hell NO !!), let me explain my reasoning.

Back in the day, basically the '90's, there wasn't much competition in the way of TV viewing on Monday nights. Now, you have several top rated shows in Monday primetime.

ABC - Dancing with the Stars
CBS - The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two & A Half Men, CSI Miami
NBC - Chuck, Heroes
FOX - House
CW - Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill

Plus, the sports world has evolved so much that there is always a pretty decent game to watch on Mondays, aside from the 17-20 week run of Monday Night Football.

The problem I run into is that if they were going to move from Monday to another night, is there really a better night or timeslot ??

TV has changed so much in the past ten years, that the primetime competition is far above what it used to be when you factor in all the crime shows, reality shows, comedies and sporting events. Are the WWE's ratings slipping becuase the product isn't as good, or has the competition outside the wrestling world stepped up their game to unattainable levels ??

Discuss.

I wouldn't say Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and Dancing with the Stars are competing for the same audience as Raw?

I wouldn't say Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill and Dancing with the Stars are competing for the same audience as Raw?

actually..you'd be surprised at how many WWE fans do tune into those shows as well.. Not saying billions or anything but I'm willing to bet enough do that it would make a difference.

Then on Tuesday there is American Idol, Mentalist, Dancing With the Stars: Results, NCIS. On Sunday there is 60 Minutes, Simpsons, Cold Case/The Unit,Desperate housewives.

BUT there are not competing for the same audience tho. Unless they move it to friday (which they won`t.....smack down), Monday is the place to be for Raw. Add to that, the whole history behind this.

Competition has always been here. Heel remember the time WCW was here? WWE should simply be good enough to compete and that comes down to product quality.

You can't get the WWE to move RAW to different nights every time there's another major show up against it. Surely the WWE should be good enough to go up against them. The fact it, there's a good show in every night. So, so many channels. It's impossible to avoid it. So, the WWE should just stick to RAW being on a Monday. Plus, it's a tradition now anyway. Monday Night RAW. That's how it should stay.

Exactly - they have built a tradition around it being "Monday Night Raw", therefore they have built a brand name that is easily recognisable. It even has a ring to it now. So keep it Monday.

I really don't see this happening for two reasons

1. It is tradition. Monday night is synonomus with professional wrestling. Dating all the way back to Monday Night Wars and even before, wrestling has been on Monday and I don't think the WWE wants to mess with history.

2. There is no where else to move it. You could argue that there are great shows on every night, so it would be useless moving it because of the other competition. IMO Thursday is the best night for TV, so I hardly ever watch TNA. But, every has a different opinion.

In the end, WWE should focus on improving it's product to get better ratings and not be concerned about who it is competing against.

god I'm a tv addict, logged over 50,000 hours of tv in the last 15 years and morethen half of it wasspent on watching primetime shows. I think monday has been saterated for a while but it is the night that gets the highest ratings of th week since the least amount of people go ot. But a night to concider moving raw to will be thursday night. Thursday does have shows. It has the crime shows that harly anyone under 50 watch, it has er that is ending, the dumb ass nbc block, a cw lineup that only gets a milion or so viewers, a lineup filled with shows geared at women on abc, and fox had aweek thursday night for years. Sure TNA will be head to head but is that real competition going to hurt since after all it helped the product in the 90's. Thursday is a day like monday where most people stay home because their warn out so it makes it a more logical choice if they want less cometitin since theirs nohing on thursday night that appeals to the demographics, but mondaynight wrks better for me recording wise but thursday wll mke the most sence

Should WWE move RAW to a new night? No. No matter the night, WWE will be faced with competition from various programs, be they a basketball game on ESPN or an action show on NBC. WWE's got to do their best to overcome these opposing shows, that's part of the television world. (Besides, since WWE's turned PG, now they have to compete with Spongbob Squarepants or Hannah Montana no matter the night they're on anyways!) :glare:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back