Trouble with "New Posts"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
I'm using Firefox version 2 to view this website. Generally when I hit the "New Posts" button, it will list the new posts, in order from latest post to oldest post. And, then if I keep clicking it, it will rotate the newer posts up to the top as they come in. This happens on every computer I access this site on which is approximately 6 or 7. A new "New Post" search is generated every minute or so.

Except on this computer. Instead, on this computer, when I hit "New Posts", the list refreshes any new posts made to the threads that were "new" when I first clicked it, but it will not add any new threads to the list, and the latest posts do not move up to the top. And a new "New Post" search will not be generated for over 30 minutes, maybe even hours.

Is there anyway to fix this so it is more like all the other computers?

Additionally, if that needs clarification because it is confusing, I can try to explain it in more detail.

Okay I had to take a minute to test this out. What I found was that on this computer if I click the New Posts Button it will show the list as you said. Then I went and made a Post in a Bar Room Thread and refreshed the list using my refresh button and the Thread I had posted in showed the new post but hadn't moved it to the top. I then went back to the Main Forums Index and clicked New Posts again and it had moved to the top of the list.

I dont know if that is going to help at all, if you were using the Refresh Button it might... however the bottom line as far as I can see there are no options regarding this setting that you can change (or myself). I will have a deeper look in the admin CP to see if there is anything I can do, but because it only does it on one of your computers I would speculate that it's an issue on your end rather than ours. Be it browser or whatever.

Thanks for trying. I usually hit the New Posts button instead of the refresh, and still am having the problem. I did clear my cache and it did generate a new search for New Posts. Now, I don't know if that will be a one time thing, or if it solved the problem, but like you said, it indicates it probably is a problem on this end.

Thanks.

EDIT: It did not work continuously, just the one time. I don't think setting my cache to 0 is a good idea, so I may be stuck with this. The only other thing that confuses me, which makes me think it's something with this site, is that on another vbulletin board that I post on, I don't have this problem on this computer. I just tried it there, and it worked the way it should.

Any chance you could give me some specifics about the computer your using? As in are there any differences to the other (was it 6 or 7 comps?) PC's you use?

I did have a look in the admin CP and there doesn't appear to be any settings for the New Posts Button, I even went as far as looking in the general search options for something to do with this, but with no luck. I might check out some of the VB Support sites and see if there is anything there about it. But it would be useful if you could give me as much info about your computers as possible so I could either a) eliminate it being a problem at your end or b) discover what is actually wrong at your end.

I'd tend to agree that it probably is a problem with us if it works at other Forums on the same computer.

Every computer I know it works on is using Windows XP OS. The one that is having a problem is Windows Professional edition, and I think all others are home edition. The one I am having trouble with is my work computer, which connects to the Internet through a school server, and has fairly strict filters on what I can and cannot view (which is surprising that I can access this site).

It is at least 6 computers I have never had a problem on, and I randomly log onto this site from other computers, but 6 computers for sure I've used regularly on this site.

This version of Firefox has DownloadHelper. I have clicked "Mark all forums as read" before on this computer and don't think I've done that anywhere else.

This laptop is an HP, but I so are a couple others I use. I also use an Averatec laptop, a Compaq desktop, HP desktop and HP laptop.

Umm...other than that, I cannot think of any other differences.

EDIT: When I use Internet Explorer, it works properly and the way I want it to. So, the problem lies somewhere with Firefox.

I'd say it's probably a combination of Firefox and the amount of coding embedded within this Forum. I'm not sure how active alot of it is, but there was/are alot of embedded Advertising coding within the Board and there is a fair bit of coding for the header I would imagine. I know my Firefox sometimes doesn't like this Forum, but IE works perfectly. It's a combination of the both I'd of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back