• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: UFC PPV Main Events

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
I am relatively new to the sport of Mixed Martial Arts, and I have been trying to learn up on UFC as much as I can in the past few months. I have been told it really picks up past the first 30, so I will just go on some of the more recent cards.

UFC 94: St-Pierre vs. Penn 2- Being Canadian, I favoured GSP when I first watching a year ago, and I think I have good reason to do so. The man is dominant in his weight class. This match pitted two champions against each other, and had GSP's title on the line. He was ready for this match, but I don't think that Penn was. The first round was pretty close, but after that GSP was in the lead, leading to the fourth round knockout.

UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar- Brock Lesnar has the chance to climb the ladder in UFC and win the Heavyweight Championship, while Randy Couture has the chance to show the world he still has it. Unfortunately, he didn't if you are a fan of Couture. I watched this in a roomful of non wrestling watches, so I was heavily cheering for Lesnar, to show them that wrestlers are tough. Lesnar's win was dominant, and proved to the world that the UFC is up and coming.

UFC 83: Serra vs St-Pierre 2- Probably the first UFC fight that became extremely important in Canada. First, it had GSP, a Canadian in it. Second, it was actually IN Canada. GSP has only lost twice in his career, and each time, he would reface the fighter and beat him, and that is what he did to Matt Serra here. This fight alone is what is responsible for the tremendous growth of UFC in Canada.

AWESOME topic, TM! I would rep you, but I have to spread some around first.

Anyway....

3. Randy Couture vs. Chuck Liddell: UFC 43 - These two headlined 3 UFC Pay-Per-Views, but this was by far the best, most exciting fight between the two. Hardly anyone thought that Randy stood a chance in hell of defeating Chuck, but he totally kicked Liddell's ass. And being as big of fan as I am of Randy Couture and the fact that I never really dug Chuck Liddell, I of course enjoyed every second of this fight.

2. Tito Ortiz vs. Vitor Belfort: UFC 51 - These are two of my favorite fighters of all time, and fuck did they put on a show. It was just a tremendous back and forth fight, with both fighters showing up 100% physically and mentally. Both these guys have had problems with injuries and personal problems where it prevented them from fighting to the best of their ability, but luckily... not in this fight. And it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable UFC Pay-Per-View main events of all time. Also, the judges made the absolute perfect decision in this fight, and that added to its greatness as well.

1. Tito Ortiz vs. Ken Shamrock: UFC 40 - Man, how I loved this fight. Tito fucking killed Shamrock. This was actually the first UFC pay-per-view I ever ordered, and I ordered it just to see my favorite fighter Tito kick some ass. And he fucking delivered, man. It's not the greatest fight of all time, but it will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Honorable Mentions:
Randy Couture vs. Pedro Rizzo: UFC 31
Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter: UFC 67
Ken Shamrock vs. Dan Severn: UFC 6
Georges St-Pierre vs. Jon Fitch: UFC 87
Tito Ortiz vs. Frank Shamrock: UFC 22
Tito Ortiz vs. Wanderlei Silva: UFC 25

You know, looking it at, it's funny how UFC's best fights of all time are either the main events on free TV, or in the mid-card, sometimes even preliminaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back