Tri-Top: Steven Spielberg

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Just like the music one, this is for films that Spielberg directed. What are his top three in your opinion?

Jurassic Park- Probably my favourite movie, one that I have put in and pressed play to over 50 times easily. In fact, I wore out my VHS and had to get the DVD. This movie fascinated me as a kid, and made millions interested in Dinosaurs. I myself am passionatly waiting for IV

Schindler's List- It may not have won the WZ Movie tournament, but it sure put up a fight. A truly passionate movie that really causes the emotions to flow. If Jurassic Park made people interested in dinosaurs, SL made millions want to read more about the horrors of the holocaust.

Saving Private Ryan- My favourite war movie ever I would say. The scenes of Omaha beach are so vivid in my mind and was so lifelike for those who fought in the battle of D-Day and then saw the film 60 years later. The film has some great actors who are really underrated and showed one of the greatest urban warfare I have ever seen in a movie.

Empire of the Sun - Christian Bale's film debut, and what a performance the young man put on. Absolutely terrific. And this remains my favorite movie from Steven Spielberg. I'm probably the only person on this planet with that opinion, but I can watch this any time and still enjoy and be touched just like if it were my first time watching it.

Minority Report - An intelligent, fun ass thrill ride from beginning to end. I love everything about this movie. Cruise gave a fantastic performance, and the writing/directing of this couldn't have been any better.

Schindler's List - Just, as you all know, an unbelievable, fantastic, brutally honest film. I explained, what had to be about three different times, in the Movie Tournament how I felt about it, so I can't say anything here that I haven't already expressed on this forum about how I feel about this movie.

I'm not that big of a fan of Spielberg. In fact, I really don't see what the big deal about Schindler's List is (this is the first time that I've openly admitted this, since I have always been afraid of getting a reaction similar to the ones Jerry Seinfeld got when people found out that he made out with his girlfriend during Schindler's List instead of watching it).

Anyway:

AI (Artificial Intelligence): This is, in my opinion, Spielberg's best film. It struck an emotional chord in me like no other film has (this is the only film that almost made me cry). And, the Teddy Bear represents the type of person everyone wants in their life: someone who is utterly loyal and devoted to you while asking for nothing in return. The Teddy Bear is one of my favorite film characters of all-time.

Saving Private Ryan: When I first saw this film, I thought that it could possibly be the greatest American film ever made. However, after watching it a second time, I now realize that I only considered this film great because of its first 30 or 40 minutes. The rest of the film is good, but nowhere near as spectacular as the film's opening battle scene.

Minority Report: Really suspenseful and intense eye candy. Personally, I thought that if this film had opened in the fall rather than in the summer, it would have been a serious Oscar contender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back