Movies In Your Opinion That Should Be Remade

Terry Gyimah

Championship Contender
If anything which movies in your opinion should be re-made today, if they were to ever re-make a certain movie or a certain movie franchise, then a movie that I feel should be re-made for modern day today is:

Jurassic Park even though the 1993 film is a classic, the last 2 movies The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 are what brought the franchise down in my opinion and if they were to re-make it today, I think they would be able to capture the magic of it, the mystique of it and to make it relatable to today's audience making it even better provided they actually have a good cast for the new one

Are you talking about re-making the sequels, or the original? The problem you'd have is that even if the original was re-made to great acclaim and success, there'd be no guarantee that the subsequent sequels would perform as well.

Yet another problem is that Jurassic Park was a special effects landmark, whereas a remake now simply wouldn't be. It would just be another re-make to cash in on without anything to really gain. They could re-release it in 3D if they wanted to, but that's all they should do with it for now.

As for what film I'd like to see re-made? This is tough. I'm afraid I'm one of those people who tends to generally look down on re-makes, but one film that could be re-made in an Airplane! type style is a horrifically bad film called The Annihilators from the 80s. It centres on several Vietnam vets who set about a bunch of toughs who are terrorising a neighbourhood that one of their formal squad resides in. The dialogue should remain as is for the most part due to how funny it is. Given a few tweaks, this could be a comedy gem.

Silentnightdeadlynight.jpg

Silent Night, Deadly Night should've been the perfect slasher film. The premise was something unique and bold, and the acting is decent enough. Billy/Santa Claus was the creepy, psychotic serial killer, who could snap at any moment, and I always enjoy Robert Brian Wilson's performance. Silent Night, Deadly Night turns the joyous holiday of Christmas into a dark and disturbing tale of terror, that's filled with brutality and violence.

I've always loved Silent Night, Deadly Night, I can't count the number of times I've watched this one, but I always get this "it could've been A LOT better" feeling, every time I take a look at this film. I just can't escape this feeling. Silent Night, Deadly Night can be an enjoyable slasher film, but the plot feels so thin, and the special effects look cheap. The gore is disgusting and graphic, but The special effects used in this film look awful. The shitty and cheap special effects really drag this film down, and modern technology could do wonders for a remake.

Seeing Santa Claus as a serial killer upset a lot of people back in 1984, and this film was actually pulled from theaters. Shortly after its release, TriStar Pictures (the distributor for this film) pulled all the ads for Silent Night, Deadly Night, because the controversy got out of hand and their backs were against the wall. Silent, Night Deadly Night sparked some protests back in '84, but things have changed a lot since then.

I'm sure the majority of moviegoers won't have a problem with Santa Claus as an antagonist/serial killer now a days. Overwhelming amounts of violence and graphic gore are featured in a lot of today's mainstream horror films, so people shouldn't have a problem with a man, who's dressed as Santa, hacking people to bits, right?

I would LOVE to see a remake for Silent Night, Deadly Night, because there is a lot of room for improvement. I will always enjoy the 1984 original, but a remake could provide some much needed upgrades (mainly in the special effects department), and seeing a different take on the original would interest me. I want to see things from a different perspective, and a different vision could feel refreshing.

And I'm in luck, because Anchor Bay Films is planning a remake for Silent Night, Deadly Night! Well, the remake will be loosely based on the 1984 film, but I'm still looking forward to it. The cast looks pretty good (although, Jamie Kennedy has become my one big question mark), and the remake should feature better special effects. I want to be the first one in line, when the remake hits theaters, and the long wait is going to drive me nuts. Also, when it comes to the killer Santa Claus, some people might get their panties in bunch, but this film shouldn't experience any sort of strong backlash, because as I said before, times have changed.

The remake will draw me to theaters, and if they decide to make any future films, they should take some materiel from the sequels. Paying homage to the franchise would be a nice treat for fans, and the sequels weren't bad at all. Part 2 was a nice follow up to the first film, Better Watch Out was enjoyable, Initiation was solid enough, and The Toy Maker did provide one of those chilling cliffhangers. Mickey Rooney was fantastic as the Toy Maker, and part 5 was so much fun. But the "made for TV" production values can be annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back