• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Robin Williams

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Robin Williams seems to be an extremely loved actor in Hollywood. He has starred in some of our most loved films, and made us laugh time and time again. However, he has been plagued at times by perhaps stealing material from comedians, as well as times where his films have not been well received. Through this all, I am sure that most of you have three films that you love by this man.

Aladdin- Although this isn't an acting film, being that it was animated, his voice work has been quite impressive in it (despite that fact that Williams was replaced). The film proved to be one of my most cherished as a child, in fact I enjoy all of the films in the series, something quite impressive coming from Disney.

Hook- A favourite film of mine as it appeared almost every Christmas during my childhood, I enjoyed the adventure, from the film that defines adventure. One of those films that I know some day my children will be forced to watch, and although I am not sure if they will like it, I certainly will.

Jumanji- The Ultimate Board Game. And I love Board Games. As a kid, this movie was one of the biggest that I remember. Everything from the elements of the game threatening the existence of the children, to the story of Parrish trying to figure out what to do with his life now. A great film, that ends in a beautiful way.

He's one of my favorite actors, and favorite comedians. I could make a top ten list for him.

Patch Adams - Not only is this one of his funniest, it may be his most heartwarming. It tells the best story of anything he's been in, except for the next movie on my list. Playing Patch, he's at his best for character acting. He pulls off the serious side very well also.

What Dreams May Come - For as great as this movie is, I'm surprised there's not more people that have heard of it. I'm not a big believer in heaven and hell, and purgatory, but this movie tells a great story about all of that, as well as what someone would do for true love. Robin and Cuba Gooding Jr. work great together in this movie.

Jack - This may not be the greatest movie ever, but it's easy to watch, and has just as many funny moments as anything else he's done. I liked this is a kid, and I still like it now.

Man.. Robin Williams has been in a lot of great films. Not lately (though Old Dogs looks like it's going to be really good), but his resume is definitely one of the most impressive out there.

3. Mrs. Doubtfire - I grew up on this movie. It was just a great fun comedy for the entire family. I watched it for the first time in a very long while about a year or so ago, and it still holds up. It's definitely something I'd watch with my kids someday, like a lot of Robin Williams films.

2. Insomnia - Great film. Christopher Nolan was the director, and Al fucking Pacino was the star. Him and Williams were fucking superb together. Williams played such a great heel in this film. His performance was really what made the film so good. The writing and direction was great of course, but Williams completely stole the show.

1. Good Will Hunting - One of my all time favorite films. Robin Williams performance was beyond legendary. He was funny, but didn't go over the top. His dramatic scenes couldn't have been better. And his chemistry with Matt Damon was perfect. Those two really worked off each other tremendously well. While Matt Damon was definitely the star of the movie and the main reason why the film was what it was, I still feel the film isn't half as good without Robin Williams as Sean. His performance is actually one of the most richly deserved awards ever given by the Academy, in my opinion.

Honorable mentions:
What Dreams May Come
Death to Smoochy
One Hour Photo
Good Morning, Vietnam
Hook
Jack
The Birdcage
Patch Adams
The Final Cut

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online