• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tri-Top: Mel Gibson

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
Yes, the guy who screams anti-Semite... especially when he is drunk. He has made some decent movies over his time, as well as acting in them. What are some of your favourites from Gibson?

Braveheart- Lots hate it, I adore it. I first watched it when I was quite young, and a movie that involved three of the greatest battlefield scenes of all time. Now considered overrated, I still consider it one of the best movies of all times.

Conspiracy Theory- Mel was put into the role of playing a man who believes everything is controlled by conspiracy theories. I loved this movie, that had the audience put our faiths into a star who was mentally unstable, and forced us to choose whither or not to believe him on the ride through the film.

Payback- A movie that like other movies of the past 20 years leads us through the storyline through an interesting path, the anti-hero. I love the storyline of this movie, which is equalled with a unique cinemograpy that shows of Mel Gibson.

I'm going to leave out Braveheart, because as great as the acting was, I think his directing took centerstage there. As for what I think are his top three, I'd list: The Man Without A Face, Lethal Weapon, and We Were Soldiers.

A Man Without A Face was a great movie, and is often forgotten about. His acting was great, and the story was very well told. It's not a movie anyone can watch, and not come away impressed.

Lethal Weapon was not only comedy gold, but it was a fantastic movie. Riggs is an unforgettable character, and stood out as the star, in my opinion. He was funny, but he was an old school badass, in a time when Stallone and Ah-nold were ruling the action scene.

We Were Soldiers is a classic movie, and will eventually be looked at as one of the greatest movies of this era. Gibson's acting was top notch here, but the entire cast did a wonderful job of telling their character's story, and ensnared us in it so much, that we needed to know what happened next, even if we've already seen it 100 times. This is a top movie for a lot of actors and actresses, and easily makes the top 3 for Mel Gibson.

3. Mad Max 2 - To be honest, I haven't watched this in YEARS. But I remember as a kid loving this movie, more then the other Mad Max's. And since there aren't any other films Gibson has starred in that I like outside of the next two, this gets #3 by default.

2. We Were Soldiers - This is another movie I haven't seen in a long time, but I remember seeing it at the movie theater and loving it. I even got when it came out on video. It really is a great war movie. In fact, I think I'll watch it in the next couple of days since I haven't done so in so long, lol.

1. The Patriot - LOVE this movie. Absolutely tremendous film, and it's actually a film I've watched quite often, unlike the two films above. Heath Ledger, only 19 at the time, showed in this movie how great of an actor he truly was. And all of Gibson's other kids in the movie were great, too. The film got a lot of shit for letting the kids shoot some of the Brits, but I always loved that part. And Ledger's death in the film to this day gets to me, no matter how many times I see. All around just a great movie with a lot of awesome action and unbelievable emotion and acting.

No honorable mentions for Gibson. Films like Lethal Weapon and Braveheart just didn’t click with me. Although I did love Passion of the Christ and Apocalypto, but Gibson didn’t have any acting parts in those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back