• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trade in Or Keep?

Hardcore Heathen

Future Legend
SCENARIO 1
You Have a Game you dont like as much as you Thought you would. (like Homefront) Do you Trade it in fast or do you Complete it? Why do you do this? Think of an Example.
SCENARIO 2
You have a Game that you Didnt Expect youd like so much (Banjo Kazooie lol) but you have a game you want to get and play it with your mates, however you have not completed Banjo yet. Do you trade it in to get That game you want or do you wait and then get it?
Examples Please.

Scenario 1

I make an effort to finish every game I start even I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would (Epic Mickey comes to mind). It might be bad, but you never know if it'll redeem itself later if you don't see it all the way through. But if it's a truly terrible game, so broken that I can't even complete it, then yes, I will trade it in or sell it off or whatever. I'd do it because there's no sense wasting space on my rack with something I don't even like to play.

Scenario 2

This is a weird situation, but okay then. Anyway, no, I would keep the game and simply purchase the game I really want later on. That's because I like to collect games and never trade them in. Even if I haven't touched them in years, I hold on to them, hence my somewhat sizable collection. I would never trade in a game to get a new one. I just save up the money and buy the desired game.

1) I typically don't buy games new unless I know it will be a great game and I know the sooner I buy it the more use I will get out of it. For example games like MLB The Show, NBA 2K and WWE. These are games that I do buy new because they are typically the same game with a few improvements, I know I will end up buying it eventually and I want to get the up to date rosters. To me there is no purpose of waiting 4 months to buy MLB The Show for the same price when I could have been playing it for 4 months. Games that I am unsure of, for example Boarderlands I recently bought, I buy those games later on used and if you don't like it you have 14 days to return it for full price and 30 days to return it for credit at GameStop.

2) Like Sean, I typically hold onto my video games. There have been way to many times that I have traded in a game only to want it back later. Then they over charge me for the game like crazy. Also I always get like no money for my games so why even bother trading it in. I would rather give my old WWE or NBA game to a buddy in hopes that they like the game, but the new copy of it and play me online.

Scenario 1 : Absolutley , I have gone back and traded some games back in the same day that I bought them. I hate it when it comes to that but it has happened. I won't hang onto a game I hate

Scenario 2 : Absolutley NOT , I will not trade in an incompleted game that I'm loving because those seem relativley hard to come by

I usually just trade in games once I feel they are at the point where I'm realistically NEVER going to play them ever again personally , but this has to also be at a point where I'm extra broke and extra bored at the same time too

I rarely ever trade a game back in. Even if I do not like a game as much as I thought I would, I still try to give it a chance. I would have to HATE it in order to trade it back in after only a handful of times playing it. The example that comes to mind is GoldenEye: Rogue Agent. It was one of the worst games I have ever played, so terrible that I sold it back after playing it twice. If I had a game I wanted to get so the guys and I can play it, but have another already that I haven't beaten.... I would rather keep the game I had already invested time in instead of trade it in for the multiplayer game. The reason for that is because when I have invested time in something, I prefer to finish it. Otherwise you spent all that time for nothing. I then wait until I have completed the game or can afford the other game. Trading in games is rarely, if ever, an option for me.

I never used to bother trading in games when I was growing up, I would just stop playing them and my collection started to build up.

However, now I dont live at home and even though I have a decent job, money is more important so if I am not going to play it any more, or I have bought the latest edition of a game etc, I will take the older one to a store and trade it in. Same with CD's or DVDs. I never used to trade them in, but if I am not going to watch the film or listen to the album again then I feel I may as well trade it, be it for money or for store credit, which I will use to choose a few other films that I havent seen

One game that Comes to Mind of Trading a game in the same Day is Legends of Wrestlemania. The game was so Shockingly bad its entirely based on Nostalgia. And the Control Scheme was too Complicated too me. I had to Throw Yokozuna into a Ring Post (Hard even with a Decent control Scheme) and every Fucking time he went into the Railing!! Then Mr. Fuji did something and the Fat Bastard Pinned me -_- i Rage Quit (Quat? Lol) and Quickly Traded it in. FML.

I make sure beforehand that the game I purchase is a game that I will enjoy to eliminate the possibility of being dissatisfied and thus taking back the game. In fact, I've never took back any game - I've always chose my games wisely with a bit of preparation.

SCENARIO 1
You Have a Game you dont like as much as you Thought you would. (like Homefront) Do you Trade it in fast or do you Complete it? Why do you do this? Think of an Example.

I trade it in. The point of me playing games is to have as much fun as possible and if a game doesn't offer me any fun, why should I struggle through to complete it? Most of the time even if I attempted to complete it, I would have absolutely no motivation to play it and it would take forever to finish and trade in. Better to cut your losses early and sell it rather than attempt to bear through a game you dislike. One example I have is Mass Effect. I bought and played the first one up until about half way through when I realized I wasn't having any fun and it wasn't getting better. So, I took it to Gamestop and traded it in. With that money, I bought Assassin's Creed which I enjoyed.

SCENARIO 2
You have a Game that you Didnt Expect youd like so much (Banjo Kazooie lol) but you have a game you want to get and play it with your mates, however you have not completed Banjo yet. Do you trade it in to get That game you want or do you wait and then get it?
Examples Please.

Why would I trade in a game that I was enjoying before I complete it? I don't care if it's Kingdom Hearts 3 that is coming out, i'm not going to trade in a game that i'm totally invested in before completing it just so I can get another game quicker. In fact, I would never trade in a game I enjoyed playing. I'd keep it to play for later. Then there's always the problem of the game you want so bad not living up to the hype you've put on it. Then you've traded in a completely good game that you never finished for a piece of shit. I'd never take that risk.

Scenario 1

I make an effort to finish every game I start even I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would (Epic Mickey comes to mind)

I somewhat do the same, although I haven't had to do it often. Homefront is probably the only one. Although I believe there were a few games I have that I could never complete.

The games I never complete were two games called "Timeshift" and "Rainbow Six Vegas". I barely gotten through the beginning on both of them. Timeshift was too...either too complicated or too weightless. And Rainbow Six Vegas, I was uncomfortable with the controls, adding on to the fact that it was an outdated game at the time I was playing it, let alone now.

But those are the only two out of my PS3 collection that I never finished. Unless you count Assassin's Creed, which I couldn't finish due to freezes and other bugs. I can finish it now, but I just never have the time or patience, it's a really repetitive game. As for the OP's scenarios, I never trade any games, don't think I ever will. And if I do, it will be those two games I mentioned earlier. I always replay the good ones, unless they're sports games, in that case the ones from 2009, 2010, they could end up being traded too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back