Best Game Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oi.. Let's see here.

In my own opinion..

Resident Evil 4: Well, because I really like the storyline. I very much prefer the over the shoulder point of view as opposed to all of the previous Resident Evil games. I can't really explain any good reason other than I simply just love it. Lol.
God of War 1 & 2: The graphics are simply amazing. I feel like sometimes I can almost see the sweat on Kratos. There are tons of parts of this game that made me want to smash my controller through the television screen, but I really enjoyed the fact that it provided me with a challenge. It kept my interest.

And because of the girly side of me.. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. I am a Disney girl through and through. I have been for years. I never really got much into Final Fantasy (I know, you don't need to tell me it's blasphemy).. so I basically love it for the storyline and all the Disney characters.

GTA 3 : Evolved the gaming world. The first game that people described as saying "you can do anything" as opposed to "it's a racing game" "it's a fighting game" etc. It is the measuring stick because since it's creation games are ALWAYS compared to it.

Honourable Mention :

No Mercy or WCW/NWO Revenge : The 2 best wrestling games ever made. In my eyes they are tied.

Rockn'roll Racers : Greatest racing game ever. Take Mario Kart, lose all the stupid gimmicks like turtles instead of guns and add the ability to upgrade your vehicle and you've got this game. I only wish there was a newer game like this since it was genisis/SNES style.

Mortal Kombat 3 : Best 2d fighting game. At the time I said it didn't stack up to MK2 but going back and playing MK2 is too 1 dimensional because it lacks combos.

Gash this is crazy tough but....

Tecmo Super bowl, (1991?)

So far ahead of its time, its ridiculous. Player ratings, hot and cold streaks, injuries, fullk season and super bowl, even little cheesy ass pictures of the players. Fuckin AWESOME gameplay, as every game plays out somewhat like a real game, and you will have your blowouts, and your close battles. On fuckin NINTENDO no less. Still bust this one out and play every now and again. Tom Rathman is fuckin unstoppable in this game. If you know who that is, you fuckin own.

Mario Bros 3
I cant belive IC25 is the only guy badass enough to mention this game. Once again, another one that gets busted out pretty routinely. The different worlds, the boss battles, the suits. This game fuckin owned.
A friend and I had to wake up at 6am to travel to a football camp with our team. But we started playing Mario 3, and next you know, its 3am. Coaches asked us why we looked like two bags of shit when we rolled up, and we proudly answered we only got three hours of sleep. Becuase of mario brothers 3.

This was in 2004 btw. lol

WWF No Mercy N64
What hasnt already been said? A ladder match that is better and more realistic then the current fuckin game that is out!!! lol. Fantastic storyline modes, and first to have wrestlers walking to the ring with the belt I belive. Your CAWs looked like they belonged in the game when you made them. Still break this one out every now and again too. Lost track of time, days. and meals many times becuase of this game.

Gears Of War Xbox 360
Holy fuckin SHIT I love this game. all three times I have beat it, have been 10 hour straight marathons with buddies, becuase you JUST CANT PUT THIS DOWN. Captures the feeling of being in a big budget action movie more than any other. My favorite game of all time.

For me it's a two way tie between Legend of Zelda: Link to the past and kingdom hearts 1. I literally have played both of these games for days at a time as I forgot to stop for sleep or food. I got Kingdom hearts one year on spring break and in my first sitting played for 14 hours straight. Link to the past is simply great in all aspects of itself. Greatest game of its generation. Honorable mentions go to ocarina of time and goldeneye. Simply phenomenal.

Besides Zelda, Super Mario, Metal Gear Solid, GTA:Vice City, And countless others, only one game has made me lose sence of time more once, the Splinter Cell. I played that game one time all night, I had to sleep at school! Splinter cell was great to me because I love spy games and stealth games. This game is both! It was 007 for N64, mixed with Metal gear. I love this game!

Team Fortress 2

I saw this video game on commercial on the Orange box and it was soooo awesome it had cartoon graphics awesome maps and even custom servers and tags on them like increased maxplayers,and friendly fire etc.

For me its gotta be Ocarina of time.

at the time it was released everything about it was flawless it had perfect graphics, game play, storyline, music and some of the best bosses ever

Even though it looks aged now it is still an amazing game to play, one of the best things about it is that it takes so long to complete and when you do complete it it actually feels like an achievement. Most ps3 games i own can be can be completed in under a week and it doesn't really feel like you've achieved anything. this shows how good Ocarina of time is because it is better than most games that are released now IMO.

Portal, it's ingenious unlike any other game I've played. It makes you think and is playable just because of the dialogue from this crazy female-voiced computer. The Cake is a Lie!!

Sports gamer has one thing to say: Madden NFL 1992

If you don't crack a smile after every ridiculous touchdown scored on the SNES with the awesome dances to the Madden theme music, then you have a serious problem.

zelda and goldeneye. no games ever like them.

the madden series is 2nd IMO. even though i'm a huge sports video game fanantic.

WOW thanks for bumping a year old thread :thumbs up:

The title of 'greatest game ever' will be answered by our upcoming video games tournament...(and it's Link to the past on the SNES)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back