Total Package?

Guys in the WWE who have the "total package" :

Wade Barrett : He has awesome mic skills that the WWE don't give him enough TV time to show off good. His promo at Captiol Punishment was the best thing on the whole damn PPV. And he's very talented in the ring and is over with the crowd. And he has a good look that just screams main eventer.

Sheamus : Great mic skills and the most talented big man on the roster along with Swagger. The fans are obviously behind him. Just a week or two after his face turn the pop and reaction from the crowd he got was unbelievable. Plus he has a very unique look. He truly has the total package.

Alberto Del Rio : Over with the crowd more than people make him out to be great in the ring and good on the mic. Plus his gimmick is great. Get the evil foreigner gimmick mix it up with a rich snob gimmick and you got a very charismatic character.

Jack Swagger : Like I always say Jack Swagger is criminally underrated. He's good on the mic, very good in the ring, and is over with the crowd. I really liked the WWE's decision to put him in the main event in 2010 but it's a shame how all that turned out. Swagger was having a great title reign defeating Randy Orton cleanly and all but then when he had to disqualify himself during his match with The Big Show that's where the WWE went wrong with him as it really made him look like a weak champion. I like the way the WWE are pushing both him and Ziggler right now and I hope to see both of them as legit main eventers sometime next year.

Definately CM Punk, Brilliant on the mic and in the ring, and hes the one drawing so much people in to watch raw

I would have said CM Punk too believe me he's my favorite wrestler. But in order to have the WWE "total package" you need to have a good look. Punk is, as Kevin Nash put it, small. And isn't your typical 6 ft 4 250 pound main eventer. Although I really like that about him as it makes him stand out it's sill preventing him from having the total package.

Punk has a good look - that he doesnt look like every other 6'4 guyn on the roster, dont listen to Kevin Nash. He think thats him and Scott being busted by police make them seem like outlaws - not an alcoholic and a washed up big man with a creaky hip.

And I also want to suggest Cena.

CM Punk is not the total package in the WWE's eye. He is similar to Samoa Joe from TNA. Doesn't have the best look but his in ring work and intensity set him apart from others. Not taking anything away from him but he isn't the total package.

If you had never seen Punk or Orton before and they had a match, tell me who the total package is? Yeah Punk is better in the ring (he isn't as far ahead of others as you may think) they aren't that far apart on the mic and then you get to the "look" factor. Orton clearly has a better look than Punk. And I'd also like to point out that even if you are the best in ring worker that's not worth a shit if your not working with another capable worker. Difference here is Orton can make any worker look good no matter how big or small they may be. If your looking for proof check out this upcoming Night Of Champions PPV in a couple weeks here. Mark Henry is a difficult guy to work with because of his size and Orton has made the feud believable and I assume the match will be the same. Orton can sell (sell a feud or injury) better than anyone in the company.

CM Punk is not the total package in the WWE's eye. He is similar to Samoa Joe from TNA. Doesn't have the best look but his in ring work and intensity set him apart from others. Not taking anything away from him but he isn't the total package.

If you had never seen Punk or Orton before and they had a match, tell me who the total package is? Yeah Punk is better in the ring (he isn't as far ahead of others as you may think) they aren't that far apart on the mic and then you get to the "look" factor. Orton clearly has a better look than Punk. And I'd also like to point out that even if you are the best in ring worker that's not worth a shit if your not working with another capable worker. Difference here is Orton can make any worker look good no matter how big or small they may be. If your looking for proof check out this upcoming Night Of Champions PPV in a couple weeks here. Mark Henry is a difficult guy to work with because of his size and Orton has made the feud believable and I assume the match will be the same. Orton can sell (sell a feud or injury) better than anyone in the company.

We get it Orton's your favorite wrestler :suspic:

I think the reason Punk and Orton's matches were very good was probably because Punk has a real life dislike for Orton(he mentioned it during a radio interview) and the real life bad blood between them made for some good matches just like Bret Hart and HBK back in the 1990's.

Personally. I don't think Orton is the full package. He can't cut a solid promo with his "robotic Randy Orton voice" but he's pretty damn good in the ring I'll give him that. Though he needs to drop his real life attitude which is probably one of the reasons why Punk dislikes him.

I cannot believe that noone has said the MIZ. I hated the Miz two years ago but he has improved in every aspect of this business. In ring work: Great storyteller and makes you hate him. Mic Skills: Comparative to anyone in the WWE he cant be touched besides Punk. Credit to Dolph and Cody as they have come a long way this year. I think the WWE fans forget too quickly that Miz dominated the last year.

These are the 4 guys I'm going to keep my eye on over the next few years because they have the best chance of breaking out and becoming major players in the WWE.

Sheamus has the total package. He can cut promos with the best of him, he has a unique look, he's massive, and he can get in the ring and go with almost any talent. He's also managed to transition from cowardly hated heel, to brawler ass kicking fans pop for face in just over a month. Former 2 time WWE Champion, need I continue?

Dolph Ziggler has the total package. He good on the mic and improves weekly. Hes a fucking BEAST in the ring and has proved that he can go with the top dogs in the WWE. He's got the look, my god does he have the look, so shredded its ******ed. Currently he's paired with Vickie because she gets him massive heel heat and has helped craft him into a better performer. This was Nickie from the Spirit Squad, and he's the only remaining member of that stable in the WWE. Former WHC, just waiting for the right space to step back into the Main Event Spot Light. Imagine when he breaks away from Vickie as a face, HOLY BALL SACK BATMAN!

Alex Riley could have the total package, he's good on the mic, he's getting better in the ring, and he has a good look to him (other than that shitty tattoo on his back) as long as he can stay out of legal trouble with DUI's, A-Ry could hit the upper stratosphere in the WWE.

Cody Rhodes has went from tag team jobber with Ted, to IC Champion beast master. His promo work is among the top in the company. His in ring work is right up there with the top talents in the WWE. He may not be the biggest guy in terms of size but he's got a great look. He's taken an otherwise shitty gimmick and turned it into heel gold. Face-Mask Bro? Are you serious? He's become a modern day ManKind and should be in line to become a Main Event Champion within the next 18 Months.

A few who do not have the total package

John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne - all spot monkeys, with no talent on the mic. These three are destine to be JOBBERS

Who in the WWE do you see as being the most complete worker in the company? Who has the total package of in ring work, mic skills and drawing ability?
A lot of these answers are just plain wrong if you factor in that last one. Sure, there are a lot of guys who are good on the mic and good in the ring, but aren't necessarily huge draws. Very few people in the company have all three; so, perhaps predictably, my pick for this is John Cena.

The man has proven time and time again that he can hold his own with the best of them on the mic (Rock, Punk, Triple H, etc.) He can cut many different types of promos; funny, serious, angry, rapper, whatever. In the ring, people say he only has five moves and whatever garbage that they've been spewing since 2006, but the more intelligent ones recognize that it's rare for him to have a bad match. He's given us two MOTY candidates with Punk and has put on good matches with the likes of Miz, Swagger, and Rey Mysterio - and that's just this year. His storytelling and psychology are second to none in pretty much every situation.

His drawing ability speaks for itself as he's made the company more money than anyone since Rock and Austin, and he's a major part of next year's Mania main event, arguably the biggest one in years and years. The guy who is chosen to wrestle a movie star and one of the biggest superstars ever has to be a big deal himself, no?

Randy Orton in my opinion is the total package. He's on a level that Cena can't even hope to approach. Everything about him is better, his ring work, his mic skills, his character, his look, his finisher, his attire, his t-shirt... EVERYTHING. As far as I'm concerned, Orton can stay in the WWE as long as he wants. But with Cena, the sooner he leaves, the better.

Randy Orton in my opinion is the total package. He's on a level that Cena can't even hope to approach. Everything about him is better, his ring work, his mic skills, his character, his look, his finisher, his attire, his t-shirt... EVERYTHING. As far as I'm concerned, Orton can stay in the WWE as long as he wants. But with Cena, the sooner he leaves, the better.
His mic skills? I don't think Orton is bad on the mic, but he has nowhere NEAR the range that Cena does. He cuts one type of promo, the serious guy who wants to kick people in the head. Cena can do serious but he can also do comedy (and, by the way, you not thinking that his jokes are funny doesn't mean he's not good at it), he can go back and forth with Punk in the "reality" promos, he can rap, he can even hold his own with the damn Rock. Show me one Orton promo that's as good as that promo Cena cut on the Raw before Mania, and maybe I'll concede that point.

Cena also has a much better track record of great matches over the last few years, although you could maybe make the case that Orton's been better this year due to the Christian series and the Punk series. Took him a while to get as good as he's gotten, though; Cena's been great since 2007.

It disgusts me how many midcarders are people's picks for total package. Jack Swagger!?!? Daniel Bryan!?!? If the 3 categories that the OP stated include drawing power than people like this should benowhere near the top of anybody's list. That being said, I think only 2 people should qualify: Randy Orton and CM Punk. The OP already broke down how Orton is the perfect choice for this but I'll just reiterate that he's been way over since 2004 and is more over now than he's ever been. He's always been a great worker in the ring and he is a top draw, getting ratings and putting on classics left and right. Punk is the best on the mic in the entire industry today and his work in the ring is also excellent. He may not be as big of a draw as Orton right now but I don't know if that'll still be the case by WrestleMania 28 cause Punk's on a roll and is looking like one of the brightest stars in wrestling right now.

If I had to choose one, I'd go with Orton for now. Ask me next year, it'll probably be Punk

Seems many people on this thread actually have a head on their shoulders. Almost all the picks listed I can agree with with a few oddballs here and there but they are only by one or 2 people each who are clear makrks for them. In any case its nice to see some measure of agreeance on this matter.

Obviously by the mentioned criteria the biggest draws who are also complete include only Orton and Punk, as well as Cena depending on one`s definition of inring with the psychology.

Still there are others who have the total package and they are listed several times as well, they just don`t draw to the same extent and a big part of that has to do with booking.

As for my picks, they`ve been listed as favs already but:

Ziggler, Sheamus, Rhodes, Christian, & Miz

This is my opinion it may mean something to some others it probably dont but without a doubt its CM Punk. Mic Skills are genius his in ring work is Fantastic and i think everyone agrees with that. If your lookin for others though I think it's Shamus Or Dolph Ziggler.

Shamus reminds me alot of Triple H. He gots good Mic Skills and his in ring skills are great if they was hardcore matches still and if u was able to hit someone in the head with a chair without the concussion group fineing you for 10k he would be such a better superstar he just has that idgaf attitude like triple h did if he could just beat someone like they use to he would be such a better superstar.

Dolph Ziggler is just a good superstar he can wrestle he got the look and pretty good mic skills yeah he is a mid-carder but he can hang with the best of them the whole vickie guerro being his manager needs to go. I just think she pisses to many ppl off with the excuse me junk that ppl want to turn the channel and dont wanna watch him cause he with her. 2 good things could happen with ziggler he could A) change his haircolor back to the dark brown loose vickie and actually be a good guy win the championship a few times not like 10x but just a few and have a good future in front of him or B) still get rid of vickie bring billy gun back and have them as a tag team kinda like the billy and chuck storyline but without the homo shit both being blonde and having the bodies and be a very good set of tagteams.

But i dont think swagger or bryan should even be in the list and i dont ever think cody rhodes will get the push of one day becoming champion. Bryan is a joke He is goofy as hell i dont no why wwe even picked him up.

Its funny people mention Cena. He is obviously a huge draw and good both on the mic and in the ring. But now days when he enters an arenea its either a half and half reaction or they boo him uncontrollably. I guess I would consider him a total package because he knows he is getting boo'ed and it doesn't phase or frustrate him like I might a worker lower on the card.

Well, Cena is obvious. He takes what the WWE writes for him to do and turns it into 5 star Meltzer ratings and dollar signs.

Orton is also obvious.

Miz is there.

It's not about doing basic chain wrestling or throwing "stiff" kicks or doing flips or being arrogant on the mic with catchphrases. It's about BEING a character all the time and having a "package" that totally reflects that character. It's like if you are a method actor and you are reading a script and even though you can say any word, you might say "wait, my character wouldn't say that". Just like Mark Henry's character wouldn't do a drop toe hold and Evan Bourne's character wouldn't throw a clothesline flat-footed. It's a bunch of little shit like that which adds up and creates a believable character that people buy.

If the question is more for guys who aren't there yet, Ziggler definately looks like he's on his way. Riley could very easily get there too with a few more years of in ring seasoning.

To the guy who said Del Rio, how do you see him working as a face? I can't see it myself otherwise I would have given him consideration.

Del Rio as a face? Yes I could see that in the future. A lot of people said that Randy Orton would never make a popular face too. He's proving it wrong right here and now.

To those who bash the choice of midcarders such as Cody Rhodes being "the total package", let me tell you something: A good wrestling product encompasses ALL parts, not just the top. That's one reason why WWE is superior to almost any promotion (sans Japanese and Mexican promotions): With the right booking, ANY match can be the highlight of a show, not just the main event.

Example 1: Wrestlemania in recent years- Taker's match may not always be the last main event, but it steals the show because he's given opponents that can help tell that powerful story of the Phenom being pushed to his limits but drawing on supernatural resilience to win.

Example 2: I believe it was at last year's NOC PPV that saw US champion Daniel Bryan vs Intercontinental Champion Dolph Ziggler. It TIED for match of the year with Undertaker vs Michaels II @ WM 26.

Example 3: Look at the Raw scene right now. Cena vs. Del Rio is supposed to be the main event focus but it's being overshadowed by this Punk/HHH feud.

Example 4: Take another look at Cena vs. Del Rio feuding. That 8-man match... If WWE cared ANYTHING bout Del Rio being champion, they should have had him either interfere to cost Cena the match or attack him after. Instead, we get a spotlight of Swagger and Ziggler not being able to play nice, which facilitates SuperCena. Swagger/Ziggler has gotten more of a build than Cena/Del Rio.

It disgusts me how many midcarders are people's picks for total package. Jack Swagger!?!? Daniel Bryan!?!? If the 3 categories that the OP stated include drawing power than people like this should benowhere near the top of anybody's list. That being said, I think only 2 people should qualify: Randy Orton and CM Punk. The OP already broke down how Orton is the perfect choice for this but I'll just reiterate that he's been way over since 2004 and is more over now than he's ever been. He's always been a great worker in the ring and he is a top draw, getting ratings and putting on classics left and right. Punk is the best on the mic in the entire industry today and his work in the ring is also excellent. He may not be as big of a draw as Orton right now but I don't know if that'll still be the case by WrestleMania 28 cause Punk's on a roll and is looking like one of the brightest stars in wrestling right now.

If I had to choose one, I'd go with Orton for now. Ask me next year, it'll probably be Punk

It "disgusts" you? Do you have something against midcarders or something? Well me personally I didn't look at the drawing power because I don't think it should be put in the same category as in ring skills, mic skills, look, and character. Randy Orton would have been my choice but he's unfortunately boring on the mic and his promos are not entertaining.. AT ALL.

Punk, Ziggler, and Rhodes would have all been one of my choices too but they lack the look factor. I would have picked Miz too but he's not.. Well.. AWESOME in the ring.

I say Cena. He's at the top of his game and he has everything it takes to be, and stay, at the top. Most of the Superstars mentioned are good, but they all have something they aren't great at so in essence, NOT the total package. As much as people want to make Orton the best, he's mind numbing on the mic. Always has been. Cena puts it all together. Definitely the total package.

Only two people jump to mind on the current roster:

John Cena is a no brainer.

- Come on. Anyone, and I mean ANYONE, who can make people want to buy some of his shirts he has had is easily the most charismatic guy in the company. But more than that, he is also one of the only guys on the show that when his music hits, the crowd erupts. They have had some pretty dead crowds for the past two years, but you would've never known that when Cena is in the ring. The guy has insane star power.

- While he has had his fair share of shitty promos, they were intended to be shitty. When the guy pulls himself by the bootstraps and cuts a promo, he might as well be saying "spend your cash, checks and money order to Vince." Cena works the crowd better than anyone else on the show and there are just way to many examples of this to post. He is also the only guy in the show right now that can completely change how the crowd reacts to him from the start of the show to the end.

- Cena is the best wrestler in the company. End of story.

- Cena's look/character is of a clean cut, but very approachable guy. He doesn't try to wow people, he tries to let people know that he isn't any better than anyone else. His "never give up" line is just so damn inspiring that anyone with a soul will cheer for him. During that big Wade/Cena feud last year, hearing the crowd chant "Don't give up!" is easily the best thing I've experienced as a wrestling fan. Just magical.

The other guy has been mentioned by others.. That guy is Wade Barrett.

- Wade has such a mystique and aura about him that you can't manufacture. His reactions have really dwindled, but he has proven to be one of the few heels in the company that can get booed when the time calls for it. There is just something about the guy that makes you want to know as much as you can about him.

- I think behind Cena, Wade is the best mic worker/actor in the company. When he spokes, it doesn't feel like "LOL! I am cutting a promo!" When he is having an exchange with someone else (i.e. Cena), it doesn't feel like "LOL! I am cutting a better promo than Cena!" There is a real sense of intrigue and importance to what he is talking about. I don't think many guys on the roster can say that. Last year, Wade showed such great subtle in his segments that really cared things. He has one of the greatest "How's my ass taste?" smiles tbh The guy is also very charming when he is talking about what a great ass kicking he just gave someone too.

- Wade has really learned how to be a big ol' meanie in the ring. There's just such an intent to hurt the other guy, but at the same time he is smiling the whole time like he is enjoying himself. His punches, kicks and bumping is top notch. His cut off spots are great too. People can dog on the Wasteland all the want, but I don't see how anyone can think it isn't brutal.

- I think what really brings Wade together is his look. He looks like he should be making Hollywood movies and wooing female reports on the red carpet. His charisma and smiles certainly makes it easy to believe this. However, the look also hides who the guy is as a character. Handsome Devil indeed. Interesting enough, I do think his look is rather generic on the surface. Everything minus the rose on his tights is all black. I think that shows how well he carries himself.

- The OP mentioned drawing power, but I think Wade was on the right track last year. People in England loved him; the PPV numbers didn't totally bomb (you can't convince me that the reasonable HIAC buyrate wasn't because of Cena/Wade); ratings weren't bad (esp the quarterly breakdown); if nothing else, he swayed people to buy a t-shirt was a giant, and ugly N on it.

Long post short: Cena is a "duh" and I think there is something legitimately special about Wade.. And it isn't because I adore him.

There are allot of guys that are the total package on both rosters, I'd have to say that John Cena is my number 1 he is able to put on great matches, he has the look, mic skills, more charisma than anybody on the current roster and can be over as a face and a heel. John Cena=GOLD Nuff said. randy orton sucks and is not th full package his very stale promos leave allot to be desired.

Who in the WWE do you see as being the most complete worker in the company? Who has the total package of in ring work, mic skills and drawing ability?

For me it has to be Randy Orton. After his match with Ziggler a few weeks ago on the first Raw supershow and now his match with Rhodes tonight on Smackdown! Orton has proved he can hang with the best of them in the ring. His mic skills are above average by most standards and he blows the roof off the place every time he enter an arena. Randy Orton is the closest thing to a total package that the WWE has and he should make Vince a lot of money for years to come.

Thoughts?

I really don't understand the appeal of Orton. You're right that he gets huge pops just about everytime, but I don't see why.

The guy works the same exact match everytime it seems with the same four or five standard moves and the RKO finisher. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....

Then factor in Orton's horrendous mic work and you have to wonder how the guy's a main eventer at all.

For me, the guy who Vince can build his fed around is The Miz. The guy has improved his mic skills dramatically and although he might not haverepertoirest repetroire of moves in the ring, the guy knows how to work a crowd and gets them emotionally invested in the match as well as the eventual outcome.

Personally, I think Vince should have kept the strap on The Miz longer so when he eventually dropped it, he would have been closer to a Cena type stretch without the belt rather than a Jack Swagger like run. To me, The Miz is currently in between (not as over as Cena, but not as buried and insignificant as Swagger).

The Miz as a tweener would be the way I'd work him and give him an extended run with the WWE or WHC.

The other guy has been mentioned by others.. That guy is Wade Barrett.

- Wade has such a mystique and aura about him that you can't manufacture. His reactions have really dwindled, but he has proven to be one of the few heels in the company that can get booed when the time calls for it. There is just something about the guy that makes you want to know as much as you can about him.

- I think behind Cena, Wade is the best mic worker/actor in the company. When he spokes, it doesn't feel like "LOL! I am cutting a promo!" When he is having an exchange with someone else (i.e. Cena), it doesn't feel like "LOL! I am cutting a better promo than Cena!" There is a real sense of intrigue and importance to what he is talking about. I don't think many guys on the roster can say that. Last year, Wade showed such great subtle in his segments that really cared things. He has one of the greatest "How's my ass taste?" smiles tbh The guy is also very charming when he is talking about what a great ass kicking he just gave someone too.

- Wade has really learned how to be a big ol' meanie in the ring. There's just such an intent to hurt the other guy, but at the same time he is smiling the whole time like he is enjoying himself. His punches, kicks and bumping is top notch. His cut off spots are great too. People can dog on the Wasteland all the want, but I don't see how anyone can think it isn't brutal.

- I think what really brings Wade together is his look. He looks like he should be making Hollywood movies and wooing female reports on the red carpet. His charisma and smiles certainly makes it easy to believe this. However, the look also hides who the guy is as a character. Handsome Devil indeed. Interesting enough, I do think his look is rather generic on the surface. Everything minus the rose on his tights is all black. I think that shows how well he carries himself.

- The OP mentioned drawing power, but I think Wade was on the right track last year. People in England loved him; the PPV numbers didn't totally bomb (you can't convince me that the reasonable HIAC buyrate wasn't because of Cena/Wade); ratings weren't bad (esp the quarterly breakdown); if nothing else, he swayed people to buy a t-shirt was a giant, and ugly N on it.

I'd agree with you about Barrett.

He was clearly the guy who drove the hell out of the Nexus angle and it wouldn't have been nearly as successful if anyone other than WB had been the mouthpiece and leader. I mean even Punk wasn't that great with the storyline when he took over the group and it eventually fizzled out.

It appears they're looking to build WB back up and prepare him for a pretty good push. I hope so because I think the guy can carry the load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back