• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top Ten Favorites

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Alright, I haven't really seen a thread like this around, and if there is, I apologize ahead of time. Anyway, what I want from this thread is for everyone to post their Top Ten Favorite artists, bands, etc. I don't have a genre specific clause here, but I have a feeling we'll see some people with very genre specific lists (such as my own), and even some very mixed lists as well.. Of course we don't want spam posts, so please list reasons you like said artist or band, or why you placed said band or artist ahead or below any other choices.

Now onto my list:

1. Bone Thugs-n-Harmony - This has been my favorite group for a good 9 years now. I've been a Bone fan ever since I heard Ghetto Cowboy on MTV Jams, and even if they're not as big as they once were, I still follow them religiously and pick up any new CD's they release as a group, mixtapes, or solo albums. A lot of their songs has influenced me positively and has lead to me improving my life. They have worked with all the big names of hip hop, Biggie, 2pac, Eazy and Big Pun, and other names like Mariah Carey and The Game. Every member is so versatile and can make songs that range from hard gangsta rap, to more smooth harmonized upbeat songs. I will be a Bone fan for life no doubt about it.

2. Tech N9ne - Tech's been in my music collection even before Bone Thugs was. The first Tech song I heard was I'm A Playa, and really it was by chance that I discovered him. I had a female friend in Kansas City that I talked to online and she suggested I check him out. I've been a huge fan ever since. Tech's probably one of the most underrated rappers out there, and his skills I believe are unmatched. All his albums are top notch quality, and anyone that's into hip hop, at least in the Midwest, has heard of Tech. As big of Bone fan as I am, I have met people that are just as big Tech N9ne fans and can tell you his whole life story. He is one of the fastest rappers out there and his rhyming ability is superb.

3. South Park Mexican aka SPM - SPM is a Mexican rapper that's been around the Houston scene for quite some time. In all reality he was the first H-town rapper that I heard, but he doesn't follow the usual H-town sound. He's got a real smooth flow and his voice is very distinctive. Many of his songs follow the old style of storytelling, a serious lost art in the hip hop game today. I got major respect for his skills, it's a shame he's in prison for awhile now.

4. Chamillionaire - Not necessarily controversial, but he's one of those rappers you either love the way he's evolved as an artist, or you hate it. Personally I enjoy his style now, many may disagree with me and say his original Mixtape Messiah album was his best. While I did like Mixtape Messiah 1, there wasn't a refined feel to it, nothing wrong with being raw, but since he's smoothed out his style, I've started to enjoy his music more. He's a sold lyricist, and an excellent hook writer. It's unfortunate that most people only remember him for his Ridin Dirty single, because his other music is far better than that one song.

5. The RZA aka Bobby Digital - While not being as well known as a rapper as he is a producer, the RZA has very good music he has released solo, not to mention his work with the Wu Tang Clan. What I really like about the RZA, is that he does not use your typical rap protocol. His rhymes are very complex, and the beats he creates to go with his rhymes are some of the best in the game today. RZA is also extremely intelligent and has expanded his music interests where most producers and artists haven't gone.

At this point I will cut off my list, because I don't have quite enough time to finish it now. Plus I don't want to make you guys read a damn book on my list. I will post the final 5 later on.

Good topic man. Anyways here is my list.

1. 2Pac- His music has always entertained me & the shit he raps about is all real. Hell he even made one of the best diss tracks in my opinion in Hit Em Up. It's really a damn shame that he died early but at least he died while he made an impact in the rap community.

2. Eazy E- Eazy mutha fuckin E. One of the pioneers of Gangsta Rap. I first discovered him when one of my good friends put a classic N.W.A. cd in the car. I thought his best solo stuff was when he was dissin Dr Dre on the songs Real Muthaphuckkin G's & Any Last Werdz. He even discovered top musical talent in the game today like Ice Cube & Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

3. South Park Mexican(SPM)- SPM is a mexican rapper that's from Houston, Texas but he doesn't follow the H-Town style of rapping. His flow is smooth & his voice is distinctive. He follows the lost art in hip-hop as he follows the rarely used storytelling which in my opinion makes his songs that much better. It's a damn shame that he will be out of prison when I become an old fossil.

4. N.W.A.- N.W.A. is a group that has spawned the more notably successful solo careers of Eazy E, Dr Dre & Ice Cube with MC Ren becoming a minor success in the process. N.W.A. rapped about shit like Police Brutality, Racial Profiling & the realities of the Hood. N.W.A. brought us famous hit songs like Fuck Tha Police, Straight Outta Compton, Express Yourself, Dope Man, Gangsta Gangsta, Always Into Somethin & 100 Miles & Runnin.

5. Eminem- Eminem is quite arguably the most famous white rapper in hip-hop today. Eminem parodies celebrities, performs party songs(Crack A Bottle), homosexuals, his childhood struggles, his mother, his daughter, his ex wife, his drug addiction & many more topics. Eminem brought us an underrated talent in Obie Trice, 50 Cent(both Dr Dre & Eminem brought him in) & of course the talented group of D12. His albums are never weak & i'm hoping to hell that his next album Relapse will at least be decent.

:thumbsup: tburna!

On to my list:

1. Godsmack - When Godsmack hit the airwaves in '98, I had a lot of personal stuff going on, and their music was perfect for me. Their first CD is still one of my all-time favorites, and I think they are one of the best live bands out there. Since I got that first CD, I've continued to have my fair share of personal turmoil, and there was times that I ddin't even have family there for me, but their music was. No matter what mood I was in, I could turn to it, and instantly feel better. This is also why their sun logo, was my first tattoo.

2. In This Moment - I had never heard of this band, until I saw them live, opening for Kittie. They put on a great show, and I bought their first CD on the way out of the show. I listened to it every day, almost non-stop. Soon, their music joined Godsmack on my every day playlists, trying to get away from the stress in m life. I've seen them 7 times now, and have a ticket to see them for the eighth time this summer.

3. All That Remains - This band may be the best metal band out there, and almost no one off the east coast has heard of them. They've toured with Ozzfest and Warped Tour, and this summer, they'll tour on MayhemFest. They play a very clean heavy metal, and the vocals sound great whether they're clean or screaming. The lyrics behind their songs is great also, and they have some of the best guitar solos today.

4. Walls Of Jericho - Let me start this by saying they are not up here because I find the lead singer ridiculously hot. She's a very talented singer, and her screams are orgasmic, at least to me. Their music has also progressed a ton since their first album, which even I'll admit isn't up to par with their second. They put on a very energetic show, and are very fan-friendly.

5. Papa Roach - This band was always in my top 10, but only moved up this high, after I saw them live last year. Their CDs are great, and I always find myself liking the "non-singles" more than the stuff that makes the radio. It's a bit edgier, and rocks a bit louder. Each album they put out is different from the last, but still keeps that Papa Roach sound.

6. Shinedown - All of their albums have been great, and they are quickly becoming one of the biggest bands in rock. They put on a very good concert, and have never been embroiled in controversy. They're not the kind of band that goes out and drinks and parties, they just play their music, and enjoy it.

7. Three Days Grace - Their first album is nothing like their last one, and is still a very good album. It sounds different, and the lyrics are nowhere near the level of One-X. They definitely showed some maturity, without selling-out. Again, I'm also a huge fan of their live set. They order their songs right, and they know how to keep the crowd into it.

8. Bullet For My Valentine - I don't care what anyone says about them being emo, screamo, or anything in between. They flat out know how to play, and their lyrics are good too. Everything they've written has been nothing but metal, and their live shows are some of the best I've been to. They've done the same thing as Three Days Grace, and showed a lot of maturity from their first album to the next. Their covers of Metallica are also well done.

9. Black Stone Cherry - Ask anybody that has seen them live, and they'll tell you that they stole the show. I saw them open for Hinder, so it may not have been a big deal, but Hinder did manage to put on a good show as well. Both of their albums are great, and they know how to make southern rock relevant again. They don't have a bad song, either.

10. Breaking Benjamin - I have a bit of a soft spot for them, because they started about 20 minutes from where I live. I went to their first "homecoming show" after their first big tour, and the show was amazing. It was the best I had been to at the time. Their CDs are great also, and I think it's impossible for them to write a bad song.

1. The Cranberries
2. The Prodigy
3. AC/DC
4. CocoRosie
5. The Killers
6. The Charlatans
7. Stiff Little Fingers
8. MGMT
9. Girls Aloud
10. Senor Coconut

Coming up with a top 10 is hard for me. Nobody really comes up with a selection of songs I like. It's often just one or two songs on an album I like.

I'm not a person who can break down lyrics, or know the meaning of them. If I like a band or artist I simply just like them. I hear Rage Against The Machine are political, news to me, I can't distinguish song lyrics.

Glad to see people like the thread, I think I'll finish up my last 5 on my top ten list.

6. Bob Marley - The reggae legend himself. I've been listening to Marley for quite some time now, and I've built up quite an extensive collection of his music. He makes excellent chill music, and always gives you a feel good vibe when listening to him. It's a shame he's not with us anymore, he'd still be making excellent music to this day I believe. His children have followed in his foot steps, many of them going into music themselves. Ziggy Marley has gained some notoriety and fame, but I think the best of Bob Marley's children is Damien Marley. Damien has a rap/reggae mix that I think is awesome. So pass the dutchy on the left hand side for Bob Marley.

7. Too Short - $hort Dawg The Pimp himself. He made rapping about pimping popular before Snoop even thought of getting into the rap game. Definitely a legend in the Hip Hop world, his first CD came out back in 1983, and was a pioneer of West Coast hip hop before NWA came around. I love his story telling, his laid back style on the mic, and generally his songs either have a party vibe to them, or their about stories and people he saw growing up. Too Short has been making albums for 26 years now, longer than I've even been on this planet, yet all his music is still relevant to this day.

8. 2pac - Unfortunately, I started listening to 2pac after his death, but irregardless he's been on my playlist for quite a few years now. Originally he started out with Digital Underground, using more politically and socially active verses, a stark contrast to the gangsta style he used amid his peak of popularity. He was definitely one of the most complex rappers you would meet, and was very intelligent. Any 2pac song you play for me, I'll enjoy and quite a few I can flow with by memory. He was also very versatile, he could go from a diss song like Hit Em Up, to a party song like California Love, and to a more somber song like "Baby Don't Cry". It's a shame we lost such a great artist like 2pac, the hip hop game misses him and it shows.

9. Nas - Nas started off with one of the best hip hop albums to date, Illmatic, and in my opinion has only gotten better as time goes on. He has a very distinctive voice and his delivery is amazing as well. I'm really starting to respect Nas quite a bit now, because of him taking a social and political stances, and his music shows it. One of my favorite songs of all time is One Mic, and it gets played constantly, usually once a day on my iPod.

10. U.G.K. - Bun B and Pimp C (R.I.P.), two hip hop legends from the south. UGK started out back in 1992, releasing albums on Jive Records. I've been a big fan of UGK since I first heard them on Big Pimpin with Jay-Z. Bun B and Pimp C are both excellent rappers, but they always worked best as a team. It's really sad for me to see the last UGK album to be released in my hands, it should be only the 7th album out something like 13 or 14.

Honorary Mentions (aka I could go on but I don't want to):

Eazy E, Notorious BIG, DMX, Twista, Kutt Kalhoun, Krizz Kaliko, Dr. Dre, Warren G, Nate Dogg

10.The Proclaimers - 500 miles one of my favourite songs. great scottish song and fun to sing and dance along to.

9.Glasvegas - geraldine and daddys gone are so perfectly written. the drummer uses the same drumbeat most of the time but the guitar melody and lyrics are fantastic.

8.The Klaxons - another great band to dance along to. golden skans and not over yet are fantastic songs with great synth use and bass.

7.The Killers - only just made it here. the only reason they get here is because their 1st album was amazing. so sad how they changed their style because they had something original and great going there

6.The Jam - what a band. town called malice and thats entertainment are just pure cult classics.

5.Kasabian - fantastic sound to this band. i love empire and club foot.

4.The Clash - another revolutionary band. rock the casbah, should i stay... i fought the law ect are all great songs. great band who changed punk rock in the uk and rest of the world.

3.MGMT - im a big sythn fan (although i cant stand dance music :p) and this band find a way to use it perfectly. time to pretend, electric feel and kids and great songs to jump about to at gigs.

2. The fratellis - as you can tell i like this band. chelsea dagger is just fantastic. whenever scotland score i just want to get up and dance about and this is the perfect song.

1. Kings of leon - boy, do i love the kings of leon!!! the greatest band to grace the face of this not worthy planet. songs that are so catchy and compellling. ever since their debut ep i have loved every second of every song. mollys chambers. the bucket. charmer. revelry. to name a very very short few. i hope now kol go back to their roots on their next album because that was when they were at their absolute best!!!!!!

Being a music student and having music as my first love (only thing I love more than wrestling) a top 10 is insanely difficult to put together but Ill try. Trying to place them in order in this top 10 would be even more insane. Ill briefly talk about some of the more unknown names on the list. Im also gonna try and choose bands that represent each kind of music I love and why.

Amanda Palmer/ The Dresden Dolls
She is the reason Im learning the piano. Ill count her solo and band work as one because she is the songwriter for the band. He raw passion, energy, and poetic realism in her lyrics are ridiculous. She has the ability to evoke any kind of emotion out of you, and she beats the shit out of her piano like it's a drum, it's amazing. Her and Brian Viglione (the DD drummer) put more energy and intensity into a concert together than some bands of 5 or 6 can manage. Her music is really something else, mixing classical sounds, with more contemporary ideas and techniques. She is who I aspire to be as a musician.

Deadsy
A California hard rock band which contrasts deep distorted guitars with high pitched synth lines, a singer who sounds like he's on his death bed, and lyrical content that despite knowing every word of every song, I still have no idea what half the songs are really about. Elijah Allman has stated that the intention of this band was to "make something very foreign, like a David Lynch film" and that may be an understatement. It's always heavy and always kicks ass. The feeling of having no idea what they're talking about while still getting the imagery and references is one of the most satisfying feelings musically. Oh, and they kick ass? They also introduce a real interesting mythos into the band, having a gimmick, and portraying personas in themselves and in their stage shows. It's a very cool one-of-a-kind band.

Kanye West
The man got me into Rap and Hip-Hop. You all know who he is so I don't have to go into this one. His beats loop in your head long after the music stops, and his inventiveness and creativity is something to behold. I wanted to produce a few rap beats before I died until I heard "Stronger" which used a sample I always wanted to work with, and then lost interest. He had made the kind of rap song I wanted to make, and probably 20X better than I could've done. Any other rappers who I love and am into, like Common, Doom, Fiasco, Jay-Z, all owe my fandom of them to Mr. West.

Guns N Roses
Another no explanation needed artist. They were my first love as a band, and Axl Rose made me want to be a singer. The dream of being a musician started with this band. The scope and range of all of their work stylistically is also something to be marveled at and appreciated.

The Killers
I love the 80's and cheesy 80's synth pop music, so when the Killers bust onto the scene, I had found contemporary love. They've since evolved into a more alternative rock band, but the imagination and quality of their music is only getting better. Their new record Day and Age is by far their best, and the sky is the limit for this already worldwidely mega-starish band.

Iron Maiden
How awesome is this band? Their lyrical content is intense, varied, and special in every song. They take the lesser travelled road and instead of writing highly emotional personal songs, take a more literary and storytelling approach to it, evoking awesome imagery and compelling stories. And their all some of the best musicians at their respective instruments. That doesn't hurt. What makes Maiden though is frontman Bruce Dickinson who is possibly one of the best of all time. I just saw this band play in May and in their older age, they still kick the shit out of many younger talents. Being in a Maiden crowd is also a one-of-a-kind experience.

Rush
A band I can admire both for their prowess on their instruments as their lack of restraint in trying new styles. In 30+ years this band has done just about everything you can do in music, and their music is usually very important in that it brings up important issues. Listen to Grace Under Pressure or Signals, and you've got two absolute goldmines of real world meaning. Lee, Lifeson, and Peart are easily some of the best at their instruments too, and each song is just as much a journey into the intricacies of each instrument as it is a journey into the weirder parts of your mind (their lyrics are always thought provoking and interesting.) When people talk about timeless classic bands, like Zeppelin, Floyd, Metallica, ACDC, etc, it bothers me that Rush is never in this conversation as their body of work and quality of work is among the largest of any musicians, living or dead.

Arockalypse and the Amazing Trans Metropolitans
A one man writing show out of New York. He only has one record, and has probably never played for a crowd bigger than 50 people, but his record "The Ark" is one of my favorites. It's so inhuman and telling of a futuristic world, and every song is so vastly different than the one before it. Im probably the only person here who has any idea of it's existance but for those with I-tunes, I highly suggest you preview the songs. They're fantastic, but because of the lyrical content have little mainstream appeal, and he's been turned down by far too many record execs. Its a hard rock opera of everything and absolutely nothing at the same time. He's one of my biggest influences as a musician.

HIM
A band Im ashamed to say I like because of the fat goth chick associations of it, so I wont try to justify it too much. Found them at the right time of my life (after breaking up with my gf) and the music just worked for me. The lyrics, while mostly being about the same thing, are pretty creative and inventive, the guitars are deep and distorted, and the synth/piano is never short of awesome. Another artist that moved me closer to the piano and farther from the guitar, and a singer that re-fueled the want to sing in me. My singing voice probably resembles his style more than anyone else.

30 Seconds to Mars
Before they burst onto the scene with A Beautiful Lie, they had a self titled debut that was as eclectic as it was awesome. The music was deep and synth/distorted guitar driven, the vocals were amazing, and the lyrics were about absolutely nothing. But it sounded amazing, and told a story about something that had to do with space and stuff like that. Trying to explain it is insane, and watching a band I was in the trenches with reform itself into an emo-pop powerhouse is kind of painful, as their best work is definitely their first work. Anyone who hates 30 Seconds based on songs like From Yesterday and The Kill, need to seek out Capricon (A Brand New Name), Oblivion, Buddha for Mary, and Echelon and have your minds utterly blown and changed swiftly. I was part of the Echelon (their street team) and it tickles me seeing new fans call themselves members of this without even knowing what it is.

Honorable Mentions: Lupe Fiasco, CKY, Interpol, The Sounds, Sara Barielles, Coheed and Cambria, At the Drive In, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Kill Hannah, Jay-Z, Common, Stone Temple Pilots, Oingo Boingo

The list changes on my mood and I usually go in moods that last a few months at a time where Im listening to a lot of rap, or a lot of rock, or a lot of easier relaxing piano/synth stuff, an this list represents a very broad overall of the different moods I fall in and out of.

In no particular order, here is my top ten:

Coldplay - I didn't actually know about these guys (I knew the song Yellow but didn't know it was by Coldplay) until Viva La Vida came out. I decided to go buy the album and loved the band ever since. Chris has a great voice, and how he flips into thebreathy voice when he goes high adds an element that makes Coldplay different from other bands. They went in a completely new direction for Viva La Vida, and I can't wait to see what the next thing they put out will sound like.

Guns N Roses - A friend actually introduced me to this band, and i'm glad they did. Slash's unique sound is at its best in the original GNR, as is Axl's singing. Appetite For Destruction is one of the best albums ever made IMO, just a great rock album. Axl is one of th greatest frontmen of all time, and the whole band just seemed to work really well. They came out with hits like November Rain, Sweet Child O' Mine. They reinvented songs and made them their own, song like Knockin' On Heaven's Door. They are one of the greatest rock bands ever.

Blink 182 - I am so psyched that these guys are back together. I like anything by these guys, and that's an accomplishment, considering how much they've changed over the albums they've put out. While the guitar, lyrics and bass may be simple, it still makes for some great music and i'm sick of people bagging this band, namely Tom, for having no talent. They do, i'd like to see those people get up and do what they do. And of course, they have Travis, who's a freak on drums, or at least really fast. One of the best punk rock bands.

Linkin Park - I think Chester actually sounds better when he sings rather than screams. Linkin Park may be getting softer with more slower songs on their new album, but I think they're as good as they ever have been. They can make a slow ballad, like Shadow of the Day, or they can make a full on rock/metal song, like Given Up. These guys also mix it up having a rapper and a singer in the band, and also having a turntablist, which makes Linkin Park different from any other band. They might be mainstream, which these days means they can't be a good rock band to most people, but I still think they're a great rock band.

Dream Theater - The underground prog rock legends. Octavarium is a masterpiece. I actually got introduced to this by one of my friends, I was just looking through his CDs and decided to put one on. It was Octavarium, and I was hooked ever since. John Petrucci is one of the best on guitar, and Mike Portnoy is one of the best on drums. That probably helps the band out a bit. :) Anything these guys put out is great.

Paul Kelly - Melbourne music legend. I'd be interested to see how many people know Paul Kelly. This guy just writes lyrics about Melbourne and Australia, and typical Australian things. This guy is a great musician, and he was great live. Just some classic Aussie rock, really not much else t say.

Dire Straits - These guys have so many great songs, Brothers in Arms, Sultans of Swing, Romeo and Juliet, I could go on. Mark Knopfler is a genius guitarist, one of the best ever and he has a great deep voice to go with all of his songs. He is what makes this band great, and I really think that Dire Straits could be the same with any members as long as Mark was at the front, which was pretty much what happened.

MXPX - I don't know how many people will know this band, but they remind me a bit of Blink 182, but with two guitarists. I wouldn't really classify them as punk though. All I know is they write and play good music. They make each song unique, and although sometimes their lyrics may be about something completely stupid, most of the time they write great lyrics. I would definately recommend getting into these guys.

Bullet For My Valentine - I'm really sick of anyone saying why would you like those guys, all they do is scream. Well to these special people, i'd like to say fuck you. These guys have more talent than you will ever have. Anyway, moving on. These guys have talent. Their lead singer can scream and sing, depending on what the song needs. They can all hold their own in the band and each of them can play. And these guys from what i've seen and heard, can back it up live as well.

Sum 41 - In Australia here, they got a hit with In Too Deep, and then they dropped off. But I think In Too Deep is one of their worst songs, and I say that their latest album is their best one yet. The lead singer always knows whether to make his voice sound rouch or cleaner for each song, they always come up with great new riffs for each of their songs.

Ones that just missed out: Eric Clapton, My Chemical Romance, Rage Against The Machine, One Republic, Led Zeppelin, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Snow Patrol, Paramore, Queen, Metallica

Yep, I have a really diverse musical taste.

In no particular order:

The Corrs- I'm not sure how many of y'all know of this band, but, I can't get enough them. It's three sisters and a brother from Ireland who make beautiful music. Some of their classics include: I Never Loved You Anyway, Breathless, So Young, and Forgiven not Forgotten.

The Vandals- I just became aware of them a year or two ago, but love their comedic style. Best song? I've got an Ape Drape

Pearl Jam- I've been a fan since Ten, and not afraid or ashamed to admit it. Hell, I even own a copy of Riot Act, probably the only copy anyone bought!

Mayhem- As most know, I'm a lover of black metal, and you can't have that without also being a lover of Mayhem. Guitar Blasts? Check. Hardcore vocals/lyrics? You got it.

Kittie- I've loved this band (in every incarnation) since 1999's Paper Doll LP. They are everything that is metal, and not too bad on the eyes, either.

Suicidal Tendancies- What's not to love? Straight edge lyrics that get over great in nice, divey bar. Angry sounding "singer". They have it all.

Pantera- What kind of list would this be without mentioning the cowboys from hell? I can't imagine a world where Dimebag never existed. I would never want to live in that kind of world, and I don't think you would either.

Monster Magnet- Most of us know them as the guys who perform Matt Hardy's theme, but they are so much more. Songs like Heads Explode, amongst others, are true indicators of the talent of the band. Plus, Mitch Hedberg mentioned them in his stand-up routine!

Sarah McLachlan- Her voice is flawless, she's extremely good looking, and there's a message to her songs. Also, the first concert I went to was Lillith Fair with my ex, in 98, and she was the headliner. Thus, she holds a special place in my heart.

Slayer- I'm thinkin' I don't need to explain this beyond saying " Listen to Blood Rain"

This is hard, and I only could think of 9. But I love pretty much all fun music.

1. Beyonce: I'm a huge Beysus(what Beyonce stans call her)fan! Since her Destiny;s Child days, I have loved her. Her voice is amazing and she's actually an amazing singer. Her dancing is superb and she's one of the few "real" pop entertainers in the biz. I wasn't a huge fan of her first album "Dangerously in Love" but songs like Baby Boy, Crazy in Love, Bonnie & Clyde(03), and Me, Myself, and I were my jams. It wasn't until "B'day" her 2nd album that I became a huge stan. Check on it is still my jam, and Irreplaceable is an anthem. Her new album "I am Sasha Fierce" is pure pop/uban brilliance and songs like "If I were a boy" and "Halo" show's why she's the hottest chick in the game.

2. Black Eyed Peas: Only band/artist that I have actually bought all their CD's(instead of just illegally downloading it). Pretty much every song on Monkey Business and Elephunk were my jams. Their music is just so much fun and full of energy. "Where is the Love" has a great message, "My Humps" is pure catchy fun, "Anxiety" fea. Papa Roach is very "rockish". They just are uplifting and make me move!

3. Sugarland: I'm not the biggest country music fan, but I can honestly say Sugarland are amazing! Jennifer Nettles voice is so good and interesting. They make great country/pop songs and make country music interesting.

4. Fergie: Her solo work from Black Eyed Peas made me a huge fan. Her stuff is beyond catchy and just crazy. She actually has a good voice, and her album "The Dutchess" is a very strong pop album. Upbeat fun songs like "Glamorous", and "London Bridge" are hot, and her ballads "Finally" & "The Make up song" are beautiful :)

5. Mariah Carey: Never was a Mariah fan until the Emanciapation of Mimi. "It's like that" and "Shake it off" were awesome! Her last album "E=MC2" had so many great songs, and just showed why she's known for having one of the best voices in the business.

6. Kellie Pickler: Another country music artist I love. It's probably more so her personallity then her music, but regardless I love her! She does have some really good songs though "I wonder", "Best Days of your life".

7. Natasha Bedingfield: While british diva's like Amy Winehouse, Adelle, and Leona Lewis get constant praise and attention, I seriously think Natasha is the overall better artist. I love her voice, and her poppy urban sound is love. She really deserves so much more sucess and her songs are so upbeat and uplifting.

8. Kanye West: My favorite male artist. While his ego is bigger than Sly's(must be massive)he usually can back it up. He actually is a good rapper, but it's his producing and the hits he writes which backs up his statement. He is one of the most sucessful hip/hop artists of our generation and he doesn't mind taking risks.

9. Britney Spears: I was never a Britney fan until she went crazy. I hated Opps, Hit me baby, and pretty much all she did. But right around the same time she went loony she released the album known as "Blackout" and it instantly made me fall in love. Her new CD "Circus" is just as good, with great pop/dance hits! Pretty much every Britney song makes me wanna dance!

Hon Mentions: I love them but don't know if their "top 10" material.
Lily Allen
Kelly Clarkson
Shakira
Nelly Furtado
Lady GaGa
TLC

The rest of my top 10

6. Dr Dre- Dre has brought us 2 great artists in Snoop Dogg & Eminem. Dr Dre may be more well known as being one of the greatest producers of all time but if you haven't ever heard him rap then my peeps you are in for a real treat. Dre was the one who brought the G-Funk style to prominense & I like the aggressive style that's in his voice & all of his music has been great with his best album being 2001.

7. Run DMC- Where would hip-hop truly be without Run DMC. Run DMC truly brought hip-hop into the mainstream & paved the way for hip-hop artists like 2Pac, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, N.W.A., etc. Bottom line is that everyone in hip-hop owes their success to Run DMC who paved the way for all the other rappers in the industry.

8. Tech N9ne- He's been in my music collection for quite a while now & is very underrated. My girlfriend's best friend brought over an album of his called Everready(The Religion) & my favorite song off that song is The Beast. Well I have been a fan of his ever since & all of his albums that I got are always top notch. If your looking for an underground rapper to listen to then Tech N9ne is one of the ones that I reccomend you should check out.

9. Scarface- I got everyone of his albums. The way to describe Scarface is that he's your favorite rapper's favorite rapper. He's that underrated & all of the albums that he releases are great as I have never heard of him coming out with a bad album.

10. Nas- He started off with one of the greatest albums of all time in Illmatic & it did not have any big names on it. He's only gotten better & all of his albums(with the exception of Nastradamus) have been solid. His voice & his flow are amazing. One of my favorite songs of his is Ether cause he killed Jay-Z on that track & in my opinion Nas won that feud hands fucking down.

Escape the Fate - Their stuff with Ronnie Radke is fucking incredible stuff. It's so powerful, strong and violent and addictive. Their stuff with Craig Mabbit is good but it's just not the same but they are still one of my faveourite bands. All of their stuff is good, they do not have one bad song. I can't get enough Escape the Fate. Ronnies vocals teamed with Max's growls and screams were an epic combination and it's a shame we'll never hear anything with those two ever again with Ronnie in a new band, From Behind These Walls who are changing their name to Falling in Reverse. Check out 'Dying is Your Latest Fashion' and 'There's No Sympathy For The Dead'. Both great CDs.

Good Charlotte - Been listening to these guys for years and they've always been one of my faveourite bands for as long as I can remember. I like all of their stuff, their older stuff more so than their latest album, but it's still good and they are releasing a new album this year, 'Cardiology' I'm pretty sure Joel said it was called. Their song are awesome songs to sing a long to. I've seen them live doing a couple of songs and they were good when I saw them and their singer, Joel, waved to me :)

Fall Out Boy - They do not deserve the hate they get. They're not trying to be the most technical, awesome band out there. They produce catchy, pop punk songs and they are one of the best bands who are doing that at the moment. The only thing I can fault them on is their live performances. Patrick Stump's not that great live but on CD they are awesome. If the ignorant haters of FOB sat down and listened to the songs properly and looked at the lyrics, they are quite good. Pete Wentz and Patrick Stump are great song writers. They are one of the best at what they do... pop punk.

Marilyn Manson - My god, what a career this band has had. Being blamed for school shootings, drug abuse, violence, you name it, they've been blamed for it pretty much and they have still persevered and made some awesome music and incredible music videos. They're releasing a new album next month which I am fucking pumped for. The songs so far sound incredible and it should be an incredible album and it reminds me of 'Mechanical Animals'. Marilyn Manson, the man, is a very smart man and if the ignorant haters of him actually watched an interview with him they would see that. He's also very talented. He also paints pictures and sells them and has had an art exhibition aswell. I love them because of their catchy drum beats, killer guitar work and Marilyn Manson's voice is very unique and will never be replicated.

The Used - Another awesome band here. In Love and Death is such an awesome album and you should all check it out. They are often dismissed as some emo band but they are definately much more than that. Their lyrics are really awesome if you actually read along with their lyric booklets as the songs are playing and they have a wide variety of music from slow, mellow songs to fast, screaming monster songs. Definately check them out.

Limp Bizkit - I really love Limp Bizkit. I could sit there and just let all their songs I have on my playlist just play through and lay there and listen to them all the way through. They're really great and have a wide variety of songs in their arsenal like some heavily acoustic songs and some more louder, angrier songs. I remember when I got their 'Greatest Hitz' CD a few years ago, so many good songs on one CD. They are definately worth a listen to if you already haven't heard their stuff.

AFI - The first time I saw Davey Havok I didn't think he'd be able to do what he does. I was very, very suprised. He's able to sing deep, high, scream very well. They've been around for a very long time too, 18 years I believe from when they formed at school and that's a long time to stay together. They've made some awesome albums aswell and I'm very excited for their new album this year. Check them out.

Enter Shikari – A great band who mix the two genres of trance and rock very well into the one band which results in some awesome music. They’re good on CD but when they’re live they’re ok, just ok, nothing spectacular but I’d still suggest listening to their stuff on YouTube, particularly ‘Sorry, You’re Not A Winner’ and ‘We Can Breathe In Space, They Just Don’t Want Us To Escape’.

Reggie and the Full Effect – It took me a few listens of this band to really get into them since it is quite the strange band and James Dewees has different personalities and alter egos in his songs and albums so all of the stuff sounds really diverse but it’s all good at the same time. Reggie and the Full Effect has a synth-pop sound for most of their earlier stuff but their latest album, ‘Last Stop: Crappy Town’ is a more serious, darker album which has no songs by any of his alter egos, just all Reggie songs. I would suggest their album ‘Songs Not To Get Married To’ to listen to first if you’ve never listened to them and the song ‘Get Well Soon’ and ‘Take Me Home, Please’.

My Chemical Romance – My faveourite band of all time. I know people who put shit on me for liking them but too bad. I love everything they have done and I would kill to see them live just once because I always miss out whenever they have been here. They have an album coming out this year and I’m really excited. They did the cover of Bob Dylan’s ‘Desolation Row’ for the movie The Watchmen’s ending credits.

Reactions: NSL
1. Eminem- Lyrically there are few that can match him. Every album he puts out is amazing. He doesn't rap about money and hoes, he actually raps about real issues. Overall he is the greatest rapper of all time.

2. Tupac Shakur- More classic songs then any rapper I can think of, and that was with a shortened career. Once again the majority of his songs talked about real issues. He is the most influential rapper of all time.

3. Notorious BIG- He had an amazing flow and put out two classic albums in his very short career. After Tupac he is probably the most influential rapper ever.

4. Nas- Illmatic is possibly the greatest album ever put out. He crushed Jay Z during their brief feud, Ether is one of the best diss tracks ever. He created a style that many rappers today have tried to adopt.

5. Cassidy- His albums haven't exactly sold through the roof, but his flow is ridiculous. Look up his freestyles on youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about.

6. Wu-Tang Clan- The first super group in hip hop. It's 9 of the best lyricists in the game joined together to dominate hip hop. Every member could sell albums by themselves, and by putting them together they are unstoppable.

7. Run DMC- They paved the way for all rappers. Without them there wouldn't be guys like Eminem. Run and DMC both had great flows and Jam Master Jay is the greatest DJ of all time.

8. NWA- They brought gangsta rap to a whole other level. Dr Dre is the greatest producer of all time, Eazy E didn't write most of his rhymes but his delivery was amazing, Ice Cube wrote a lot of Eazy E's lyrics and he has an amzing flow, MC Ren is a very good rapper, and DJ Yella is one of the best DJ's ever.

9. Ludacris- Most people don't see Luda as much more then a hit maker, but he has a legitimate flow. His albums are all very good and his rhymes are always on point.

10. Proof- Outside of Eminem, Proof is the only rapper in D12 that could be successful on his own. He only put out 2 albums, but they were both ridiculous. "I miss the Hip Hop Shop" and "Searching for Jerry Garcia" are both classics, especially the latter of the two. His career was also cut way too short.

Honorable Mention- Royce Da 5'9, 50 Cent, TI, Lupe Fiasco, Talib Kweli, Mos Def

10. I'm saving this for the band that I know I've probably forgotten.

9. Dishwalla – Not sure how or why they make my list, but I love their music. Opaline is one of my favorite albums, smooth and easy to listen to, yet entertaining at the same time.

8. Chevelle – Just an awesome hard rock group, albeit one that is an acquired taste. This is one of those bands where the most you listen to them, the more you fall in love with them. Just good old fashioned rock, and they do it extraordinarily well.

7. Breaking Benjamin – Another band that is just awesome in concert, their music is literally just the kind you can rock out to. I’ve yet to hear a song by them that makes me want to press the “skip” button.

6. Hurt – I loved the song Rapture, Ten Ton Brick was okay…and then I saw them in concert and fell in love. Went out, got all their albums, and listen to them over and over and over again. I just bought their latest album, and there are so many times that I just want to burst out in song…unfortunately I don’t know the lyrics since I’ve only listened to the CD once. But, it’s still one of those things where you just want to sing along, even if you don’t know the words.

5. Elton John – I’ll be honest, I probably couldn’t name you one Elton John CD. And, the sum total of my Elton John knowledge is mostly relegated to the Greatest Hits CD. But, DAMN! His music is just absolutely phenomenal. The more I listen to his music, the more songs I like and the more I like the ones I already have.

4. Avenged Sevenfold – I was completely blown away by the “City of Evil” album, mostly due to the incredible music in it, and the long track length. It seemed as if they put a LOT of effort into that album, and the music was extremely good, even as the tune of the song would change several times. I look forward to a new album by them.

3. Sinch – I’ve said many times that the best $6.24 I ever spent was on the self-titled Sinch album . I had heard the song “Something More” on the music channel on TV a few times, downloaded it, loved it, bought the CD before school one morning…and have been hooked ever since. It’s a shame they are not more popular, as I would love to own more CDs from them.

2. Tool – Schism was the first song by them that I remember hearing, and I LOVED it. Started listening to more and more Tool, was encouraged by a friend to keep listening, and I love them now. And their concert was the best I’ve ever been to.

1. Ra – I was always fond of “Do You Call My Name”, but fell in love with it one night riding home with a friend after a basketball game. I then got a copy of their first record “From One”, and I’ve been hooked every since. I have “From One”, “Duality”, “Raw” (live album) and now “Black Sun”, and I can’t wait for more. I’m not sure what it is about them exactly that I love, as their music isn’t great by any means, and I’ve never been big on music lyrics meaning, but for some reason, I love just about everything they do. I’d list my favorite songs, but it’d take too long.

3. All That Remains - This band may be the best metal band out there, and almost no one off the east coast has heard of them.
I've become a HUGE fan of their song "Two Weeks". I listen to it all the time. Any other good music by them that you recommend? You can just PM, if you'd like.

30 Seconds to Mars
Before they burst onto the scene with A Beautiful Lie, they had a self titled debut that was as eclectic as it was awesome. The music was deep and synth/distorted guitar driven, the vocals were amazing, and the lyrics were about absolutely nothing. But it sounded amazing, and told a story about something that had to do with space and stuff like that. Trying to explain it is insane, and watching a band I was in the trenches with reform itself into an emo-pop powerhouse is kind of painful, as their best work is definitely their first work. Anyone who hates 30 Seconds based on songs like From Yesterday and The Kill, need to seek out Capricon (A Brand New Name), Oblivion, Buddha for Mary, and Echelon and have your minds utterly blown and changed swiftly. I was part of the Echelon (their street team) and it tickles me seeing new fans call themselves members of this without even knowing what it is.
30 Seconds to Mars is a band where I REALLY like some songs, and really detest some songs. Their first album was a GREAT example of this. Echelon, Capricorn, Edge of the Earth, etc. were all fantastic songs, but there were some songs that I just couldn't stand like Welcome to the Universe.

This is a good topic.

I’m quite the same as Jake really, there are only a few bands that I actually like all of there music but I will try my best to put up a good list.

1- Coldplay - Coldplay are my favourite band of all time. Every song that they have released has been a personal favourite of mine. I have been to see them 3 times. Twice in Scotland and once in the 02 arena in London and in all the times I have seen them, they have never failed to impress me. Over and over again the impress me with the way they change their musical style and then they make an album that is just simply astounding. “Viva La Vida” was an amazing album. In all honesty I listened to it about 50 times so far. It is amazing. So yeah Coldplay are my favourite band.

2- The Killers - I also love the Killers. I fell in love with the Killers with the album “Hot Fuss“. Every song on that album was a classic in my opinion. I mean who hasn’t heard “Mr Brightside“? My personal favourite song of the Killers was “When You Were Young“. This song is a timeless classic. The only thing about the Killers in my opinion is that they tried to change their style a little bit for “Sam’s Town” and it never really worked as well as the other albums. I still love them though.

3- Fall Out Boy - Let me start off by saying that “Infinity On High” is my favourite album of all time. The same is true for “From under the Cork Tree“. Both are just supreme albums. When I was younger all I did was listen to “Infinity on High“. Since then Fall Out Boy have gone from strength to strength. Whilst “Folie a deux” wasn’t as strong of an album as the others it was still well worth a listen in opinion. I always look forward to there next offering.

4- Iinkin Park - I remember the first album I ever bought was “Meteora” by Linkin Park. I don’t think all of their songs are classics but I think that they are definitely one of the best bands out there. “Minutes to Midnight” is an absolutely astounding album in my opinion. Away from that though some of my favourite songs are “In the End“, “Papercut” and “Breaking the habit“. It’s also worth a mention that I also loved the collaboration they did with jay Z. “Numb/Encore” is one of my favourite songs ever.

5- Biffy Clyro - This is a band that I don’t think many people outside of the UK will have heard of. In my opinion they are the best band to come out of Scotland in a long, long time. If you haven’t heard of them they are definatley worth a listen. Download some of their songs, you won’t be disappointed. My personal favourite are “Who’s Got a Match“, “Mountains” and “Living is a Problem Because Everything Dies”. If you can I would definitely try and get a hold of their “Puzzle” album. It is awesome.

6- Nickelback - To be quite honest with you, I was very surprised about how far down the list I put Nickeback. All I did for about two months was listen to “All the Right Reasons” and “Dark Horse”. Everything Nickelback does turns to gold in my opinion. Ever since ”This is How You Remind Me” I have loved the band. “Rockstar” was awesome but a little overplayed now and “Hero” was just a supreme song. Great band.

7- Kings Of Leon - I like Kings of Leon solely because of “Only By The Night” I loved this album from start to finish. The only reason it wasn’t the album of the year for 2008, for me, was because Coldplay released “Viva La Vida”. “Sex On Fire” was an astoundingly brilliant song. There was a point last year that everyone was signing that song. I don’t think there is anymore you can do as a band than make people rememebr your songs and Kings of Leon did that. “Revelry”, “Red Morning Light” and “Use Somebody” are other notable mentions

8- Lost Prophets - Again, this is a band that you might not have heard of if you are not living in the UK but I think they are trying to make a name for themselves across the water in the US at the moment but I’m not sure how successful they have been thus far. If you haven’t heard of them, try and get a hold of some of their stuff. It is really good. “Liberation Transmission” is a very good album and “Rooftops” is a song that gives me endless pleasure. I think it was the song they used for Royal Rumble 2008 if you can remember back that far. Other notable mentions are “Last Summer” and “Burn Burn”. Great band, give them a listen.

9- The Wombats - Another band who have not really made a name for themselves yet. They are not mainstream just yet but their songs are just brilliant. “Let’s Dance To Joy Division” is probably there most known song and is currently my most played song in my iTunes library at 341 plays so far, if that means anything at all. Other notable mentions of there music is “Little Miss Pipedream”, “Backfired at the Disco” and “Kill The Director”. I can really see this band going somewhere better than they are just now.

10- Shinedown - As I mentioned before, I don’t really find a lot of bands that I enjoy all of their music and Shinedown is one of them. I like a lot of them but some of their songs are just not my thing. My second most played song on iTunes incidentally is “I dare You” by Shinedown and “Devour” is number 8 with 94 full plays.

Just so you know, I wrote out my 10 favourite bands and then took over half an hour trying to sort them into the way I liked them best J

So there you go, My list. Sorry for the amount that I wrote but I listen to a lot of musi and I am very passionate about the music I listen to. I hope you liked my list and thanks for reading.

My Top 2 have been solidified for about 15 years now, but the rest of the list is not so concrete. I love hard rock/metal music as a general rule to include alot of the sub genres. I could name about 10-15 hair bands that I was obsessed with at time or another (There is a Vixen CD in my car right now that I have been listening to non-stop for 3 days), but I would consider many of my favorite bands to be straight forward hard rock or metal.

1. Metallica
2. Pantera
3. Down
4. Stone Sour
5. Slipknot
6. Flyleaf
7. Poison
8. Lacuna Coil
9. Killswitch Engage
10. Motely Crue

Reactions: NSL
I don't think I have 10, so I'll stop earlier if I don't.

1. Snow Patrol

Yes, I know I'm the only person in the history of the world who can tell a majority of their songs apart, and I'm not trying to say they're the best band in the world. But I love all of their music, and it may sound similar but I like the sound so much that that's a positive rather than a negative. Although critics should listen to their latest album, there is a lot more difference in some of the tracks.

2. Enrique Iglesias

My favourite male singer of all time. His album insomniac is the album that doesn't ever leave my CD player, and the only album I never skip a track on. It's absolutely amazing, lyrically and musically.

3. Rihanna

Only the Top 2 stay the same, third position moves quite a bit. At the moment I'm loving her, despite hating her when she first began recording. Her last album had a lot of great music on. She's released the best of it, but what she has released makes up for some of her worse songs.

4. Plain white T's

Like most, I first heard of them when Hey There Delilah was re-released. It's one of my favourite songs of all time. Hate was another good song. But I've come to realise they're very split down the middle; the great is weighed out by the bad that I can't listen to.

5. Arctic Monkeys

Always loved this band, despite a lot of criticism. They have a unique style and know what works, especially the randomness of some of their songs. They're great.

I'm just bored now. More later.

The first two are easy and the next 8 aren't.

1. Iron Maiden - These guys just kick arse. Too much to really go into much detail over the amount of music that they have put out and I enjoy. They are from the old school theory with music where you tour a lot and you appreciate the audience for the fact that they came at all.

2. Mastodon - I am not a new fan when it comes to these guys, I have been a fan since I heard a track off of Leviathan years ago and I have enjoyed their evolution from Remission through to Crack the Skye and I will be buying their albums the days that they come out. The special bonus editions most likely.

now they come out in any order because I can't be bothered trying to order them in any real way.

3. Metallica - not much needed to say here but the music is awesome.

4. Dropkick Murphys - I enjoy the sound it is great for party's and for driving and many other miscellaneous activities, Plus they have bagpipes.

5. The Doors - The Lizard King is one of the best poets of the last century and people forget that beyond the classics of "Riders on the Storm", "Hello, I Love You" and "Break On Through(To The Other Side)". There are forgotten classics like "The End", "Touch Me", "Spanish Caravan" and numerous others that I can't remember the name of because it is too noisy to think right now.

6. Megadeth - Amazingis an understatement when talking about Megadeth, the music compels headbanging and air guitar. Many great songs and the longevity that they are still creating music now.

7. Fleetwood Mac - Love them, grew up listening to them and I will continue listening to them. so many great songs, more than I can truly say how much this band has shaped my musical tastes.

8. Opeth - great band that can kick the arse of most while at the same time being completely and musically gifted with a sometimes haunting, sometimes uplifting melody that is just there.

9. Blue Oyster Cult - not going to the wiki page to copy the Umlaut over the y. Love this band and have for a while with classic albums like Cultasaurus Erectus and other classic albums with a brilliant ability to write songs with the need to always insert more cowbell.

10. The Eagles - freaking love these guys, they have a great collection of music that I will crack out again and again, another band that I grew up on as well thanks to my mum. Just can't get enough of the Eagles.

all time....
1.the beatles-nuff said.
2.metallica-legendary, consistant,talented in every spot,been around for 24 years and still selling millions of albums and putting on great concerts.
3.tom petty and the heartbreakers-the ultimate sing along band....how many songs of his do you know every word to? Even if you do not own any of his albums you atleast know the words to 1 of his songs.
4.Bob Dylan-Bar none the best song writer ever, he was the voice of an entire generation and his songs have been remade more than any other artists..... past, or present.
5.pink floyd-best live show ever and there has never been a better album than dark side of the moon.
6.the beastie boys-when I listen to licensed to ill I want do do keg stands, when I listen to pauls boutique I want to smoke a fatty, and when I listen to ill communication I want to join a protest. I other words very versitile and thier sound is constantly new and fresh.
7.The avett brothers- Not very well known but their songs are melodic, their lyrics make you think, and their live shows are always a party.
8.The eagles- I don't think there has ever been a band with so much talent....every person in that band has gone on to successful solo careers. Plus how many of their songs do you know? You could probably go to remote villages in the amazon and even they would know the words to hotel california.
9.stivie ray vaughn- holy crap was that guy talented.
10.social distortion- never made it too far into the mainstream, but I dont think they wanted to. Without a doubt the most under rated band ever. Great songwriting, some great anthems, and just plain kick ass.

1. Whitesnake - I absolutely Love Whitesnsake. David Coverdale has probably the best Voice in Rock/Metal. And he has worked with some of the best musicians ever. Also consider Whitesnake have some awesome fucking songs like: Still of the Night (My fav), Here I Go Again (1982 and 1987 versions), Judgement Day, Love Ain't No Stranger and so on.....

2. Alice Cooper - What a Legend. The innovator of Shock Rock, and Theatrical Rock. Certainly underrater, and although ahs sold around 80 Million albums is awesome. Poison is what got me into Rock/Metal, and thats partyl why he is always going to be second. But he has far better songs in His Arsenal such as Welcome to my Nightmare, Elected and Hey Stoopid.

3. AC/DC - Well if you like Rock or metal, you can't leave AC/DC out. Awesome guitar, bass and drums, and awesome Vocalists, Bon Scott and Brian Johnson. With awesome songs from Whole Lotta Rose and High Voltage (Bon) to Thunderstruck, Back in Black and Rock N'Roll Train.

4. Scorpions - Another kinda underrated band who, I think should sell more album. Aweosme vocals and certainly awesome guitar and drums....they got some greeat songs like Wind of Change, Rock You Like a Hurricane, Cross Fire, Send me And Angel and The Zoo.....Best Thing to come from Germany.

5. Deep Purple - An awesome British Band who, have had a wide range of musicians in it. Even though Ian Gillan and the Mark II line-up are most famous, the Mark III line-up with David Covcerdale is also well know, and awesome....Some songs like Smoke on the Water and Black Knight (Mark II) to Burn and Stormbringer (Mark III and IV).....

6. W.A.S.P. - An awesome band, Blackie Lawless is a great singer, and I think they should sell more albums, but still Epic, with great songs like The Idol and 9.5. - N.A.S.T.Y.

7. Iron Maiden - The Mighty Iron Maiden, at the Fore Front of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, and with great songs from Running Free, Paschendale, Journey Man to 2 minutes to Midnight, The Trooper, Number of the Beast and Can I play with Madness?......

8. Motorhead - What's to say about Motorhead. Just Gritty, Down to Earth, Heavy Metal...Rock N' Roll...Some fucking awesome songs like Overkill, Bomber, Hellraiser, Born To Raise Hell and Ace of Spades.....

9. KISS - Even though I like KISS a lot, I personally think their overrated. But anyway, some great song like Strutter, 100,000 Years, Lick It Up and I'll Fight Hell to Hold You as well as God of Thunder.

10. Black Sabbath - Who wouldnt put Sabbath on their list. I like both the Ozzy and Dio era Sabbath with awesome songs like Paranoid, N.I.B, Hole in the Sky, Planet Caravan and Black Sabbath to Heaven and Hell and Children of the Sea.

Other Bands that can be considered, who I dunno why I didnt put on ehre

Dio
Rainbow
Pink Floyd
The Who
ZZ Top
Helloween
Aerosmith
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
and so on.....

Sorry if this thread is too long, but I preferred to do it all, as I would forget to do the other 5 anyway. What do you think.

10. Sugababes: Quite a strange one to beign with. People who say "it's good pop music" say it to save face, I have no need to do so.The Sugababes have released some of the most catchy and easy to listen to music that has ever been made, and I don't care if I have the same tastes in music as a 12 year old girl.

9. Rage Against The Machine: I'm not a huge fan of politicised music, as it often misses the point or is musically weak, but I think RATM nail it. Their music is the only music I can work to, and I often do, and it motivates me very well.

8. The Beatles: not much to say here, except that the vast majority of the bands mentioned in this thread owe something to The Beatles. Even ignoring that, they have written some of the greatest songs ever and were rightfully the most popular band ever.

7. Sex Pistols: Very few bands have given a voice to an entire generation, but this one certainly did. It's very angry music, but there was plenty to be angry about in 1977, the song content may seem a little oversimplified and delibrilately antagonistic, but that's the point really.

6. Buddy Holly: This guy invented writing your own songs, and if he hadn't have died at 22, people would hold him with higher regard than they do Elvis. Buddy Holly's songs are all innovative and the most unlikely looking pop singer ever goes into my top 10 as a result.

5. Blur: When I was a kid, my brother was caught up in the whole Britpop thing. blur, unlike Oasis have continued to evolve and have made some quality albums both before and since the Britpop explosion. Nobody has ever written better songs about Britain ever, and as I live there, that's relevant to me.

4. The Libertines: As much as I think Pete Doherty is a cuntpiece, there's no denying the quality of his music, unless you don't like it, obviously. But in al honesty, their first album is sublime, and the second is alright. They wer the first band I could play along to on the guitar too, which is a positive.

3. Lauryn Hill: Part of the reasn I hate R 'n' B is because there is no point in making that music, because it will never be as good as the Miseducation of Lauryn Hill. It is quite simple the best RnB album ever made, and perhaps the best album ever, every single song is innovotive and fantastic and the album should get more love.

2. Manic Street Preachers: Before their guitarist, who didn't really play the guitar and just wrote the lyrics, went missing (he's presumed dead, but some people are still hangin on. Think "Elvis" and "Tupac", but with more logic as there's never been a body found) they wrote some of the most beautifully unsettling songs ever, largely due to his depression. Once he disappeared, they changed direction and made more commercial music, which is itself very good. My favourite album is from the first period, my favourite ever song is from the latter. Also, they're from Wales.

1. The Smiths They are actually the perfect band. They have the most innovative and in my opinion best guitarist ever in Johnny Marr, and Morrissey wrote some of the funniest, honest and insightful lyrics ever, the other two weren't bad either. Every single one of their songs has something good about it, and the lyrics match the music perfectly.

Special Mentions: Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, Pulp, Billy Bragg, Dion, The Eagles, R.E.M.

WOW! This is gonna be so hard!

Ok...

1. The Beatles
No, I'm not 45 I'm 21. I love these guys, their songs are simple yet evoke so much fun and/or emotion with only 2mins. The majority of their songs only go 2min to 2.5mins so to be able to smash out as many #1's as these guys with short songs is incredible. They were the first non american band to sell out a tour there. They revolutionised music. I just love them. I have all their albums, 2 posters and even stole my mums old school sergent peppers record.

2. Nirvana
Ahhh, old Nirvana never dissapoints. I love the sound these guys had and I've always loved it! Ever since i first heard Smells Like Teen Spirit i have been a huge fan. I love Kurt's song writing and 'rough' strumming and chords (i play guitar as well) and his songs are some of the funnest (although easiest) songs to play! And throw Dave Grohl onto the drums and you have a class act, great music!

3. Smashing Pumpkins
I don't care if he's a wanker or an ass hole, Billy Corgan is a genius. He has written some of my all time favourite songs. Disarm and Tonight. Today and Bullet with Butterfly Wings. When i throw on an album of theirs i get so pumped up and just wanna be in a band and play some shows. I grew up listening to these guys and they will always be in my top 5 bands of all time.

4. The Used
Ever since i turned 15 and heard Taste of Ink by The Used i have been a massive fan. They opened up the Emo-Screamo genre for me and now i love this style of music. I must admit though their last album was pretty lame but their old stuff is amazing. I love Bert's scream and love the lyrics. As you can see i love The Used enough to make their lead singer (Bert McCrackin) my character in WZCW (check my sig).

5. Eminem
I am not that into hip hop or rap but Eminem is just awesome. I started listening to him to defy my mum coz she said i wasnt aloud to listen to him, so as every 13 year old i did the exact opposite of what my mum said. I can't remember the last time i was this excited for a new album!!! MAY 19th RELAPSE!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

6. Flight of the Conchords
Not only are they funny as fuck but their lyrics are actually really well written and are very clever. I love these guys and their album never gets old, still funny after 6 months of having it. Pitty they're done now but there's always the show and the album.

7. Eric Clapton
I only put Eric in because as a guitarist he is my idol and who i aspire to be as good as. He also wrote what i think is one of the best emotional songs ever written: Tears in Heaven.

8. Parkway Drive
Oh fuck yeah. Again, I am not the biggest metal fan but when i saw these guys at a festival last year i ran straight for the circle pit and anyone that knows me would find this very odd, I'm more the chilled out stoner guy at festivals but Parkway were so energetic and amazing i had to get in there. Now i steal my flatmates cd's and bought my own so i listen to them everyday!

9. AFI
Nothing beats AFI if you're getting ready for a party. I always love turning them right up when i start drinking for a party or am getting ready for something big! AFI will always impress me and i can't wait for them to come back to Australia so I can finally see them live!!!!

10. Daft Punk
They Are Amazing. I almost killed myself when i saw videos of their last tour because i didnt go. For a dance/techno group they are fucking unreal. Every song get's you amped up and ready to party. Great driving music too and they put out albums that you can listen to from start to finish instead of flicking between 3 of 16 songs.

Well, they're mine but there are so many bands. Bands that are also up there for me would be I Killed The Prom Queen, 30 Seconds to Mars, Oasis, Silverchair (old not this straight lines shit), Rage Against the Machine, Kings of Leon (Old KOL), Crowded House, Bloc Party, The Beautiful Girls and Lost Prophets.

I don't really have an order for them, I'll try to put it in some type of decent listing. 4-10 is probably going to be right, but my top three are difficult to place.

10. Bon Jovi- Great music here. Not really my favorite overall, and I can admit I really only know his singles well, but I like them, so I'll place him tenth. Favorite- You Give Love A Bad Name

9. The Beatles- Absolutely classic. I don't even love the style of music but you respect it instantly when you here it, they are that good. My favorite song of their's is Yesterday.

8. 3 Doors Down- They are kind of poppy and sound the same a lot which are obvious cons, but they have good lyrics and their better songs have a good, unique sound. The older stuff is their best work, in my opinion. Favorite- Here Without You

7. Rise Against- Best lyrics from anyone I regularly listen to, bar none. They have an extensive word bank and place it in well. They didn't sell out after making it big time which adds to their value. Top notch musically, solid vocals, good band. Favorite songs- The Good Left Undone, Prayer of the Refugee, Worth Dying For

6. Avenged Sevenfold- I love their sound. They duel the guitars, they have fantastic solos, good lyrics, and overall are really enjoyable to listen to. Favorites- Unholy Confessions, Bat Country, Scream among others.

5. Queen- Best vocalist to ever enter rock, one of the greatest guitarists of all times, probably one of the best musically- best on my list, they have good lyrics. I don't love all of their music though simply because I don't enjoy particular styles, but I respect the work done on them. That horrid generic 80's sound in some songs sucks though.. Favorites- We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions, Killer Queen, Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, The Show Must Go On

4. Three Days Grace- Again, very vital to me, I love their sound. I think Adam Gontier has a really good voice and fits their style almost perfectly. The dark semi emo-ish thing gets tiring at times, though. Overall I really like them. Best songs- Animal I Have Become, Riot, One-X

3. Nirvana- Here's where it's tough. Nirvana was a great band, Kurt Cobain was loaded with charisma, he wrote fun music, he captured the voice of millions and portrayed it better than almost anyone. I find very little wrong with them other than their short careers due to the tragic death of Kurt Cobain. Favorite Songs- Heart-Shaped Box, You Know You're Right, Smells Like Teen Spirit

2. Green Day- I love their work, just about all of it. Warning was their worst album and a blip on their screen, but everything else has been amazing. They've been tremendous in whatever avenue they pursue (teen's point of view political) and although I disagree heavily on their opinions I respect them calling it how they see it. From Dookie to American Idiot to their album less than two weeks from release, they've done great work. Favorites- Boulevard of Broken Dreams, Longview, Basket Case, Holiday, Poprocks and Coke, Letterbomb, 2,000 Light Years Away

1. Linkin Park- Definitely in the top three like the others. Not really excellent at any one thing, I know they aren't the best musically and manufacture a lot, and Chester has a good voice but isn't the best, but I just love listening to them. I find them very enjoyable, great up-tempo beat, cool lyrics, easy music to follow, cool guys... I definitely place them up here. Favorites- Breaking the Habit, Faint, Don't Stay, Papercut

------------------------------

Missing the cut- Breaking Benjamin, Seether, Atreyu, others I can't think of- mainly due to me not listening to all of their work yet.

1. "Old" Guns-N-Roses-They are my top favorite band because I grew up listening to them. Plus, they play my favorite song of all time, which is, "November Rain."

2. Red Hot Chili Peppers-I like them because I also grew up listening to them. Plus, I have seen them live, which made me like them even more. Can't forget to mention I thought Anthony Kiedis was hot! I have a thing for long haired guys.

3. Breaking Benjamin-I didn't start liking them until I saw them in concert the first time. I never even heard of them before. They have a really great sound to them.

4. Disturbed-One of the main bands I like to listen to that has some screaming in their music. Plus, another band I have seen live. The lead singer really gets into his music.

5. Hinder- I like them mainly because they have a really great sound. They are great to see in concert. they have a list of songs that have great meaning.

6. Neal McCoy(Country)-He has always been one of my favorites because his music is very romantic. I have seen him 5 times and been backstage twice. He's a great entertainer, he has a great voice, he's very funny, and great to stare at when he wears his tight jeans!

7. Carrie Underwood(Country-I like her because she has an amazing voice. There's not a song of hers I don't like.

8. 3 Days Grace-They are great to see live. Plus I love practically all of their songs.

9. Gwen Stefani-She is a very unique individual. Her hairstyle changes all the time. She's a female with attitude. My favorite song by her is "4 In The Morning."

10. Kenny G-Very unusual choice, I know. but I just love the sound of his saxophone. His music is extremely romantic and mesmerizing.

1 - Nas - Illmatic is my favorite album, but he's been consistently great over the years, It Was Written & Stillmatic were almost as good, his last album was the best of last year IMO and even some of his lesser praised stuff like Lost Tapes, I Am & God's Son were really good.

2 - 2Pac - Some people might over-rate how good he actually was, but he really did have so many great songs is such a short time and classic albums like Me Against The World & All Eyez On Me.

3 - Ice Cube - From his stuff with NWA to his solo albums (the first 3 in particular), to the Westside Connection, he rarely puts out anything that isn't at least solid, and all his stuff from 88-93 was classic.

4 - Gang Starr - Guru might not be the greatest rapper ever, but mixed with DJ Premier's production, they've made countless classic songs together like Mass Appeal, Above The Clouds and many others.

5 - Eminem - Every album he's put out apart from Encore has been great (too early to say on Relapse yet).

6 - Wu-Tang Clan - For their debut album and the classic solo albums from Raekwon, GZA, Ghostface etc.

7 - The Notorious B.I.G. - Would be higher probably if he's released more than 2 albums.

8 - The Game - Apart from Nas, my favorite mainstream hip-hop artist today, all of his albums/mixtapes have been high quality and he doesn't try and make dumb pop songs like most do now.

9 - Jay-Z - Can be inconsistent, but when he's on form (Blueprint, Black Album, Reasonable Doubt) he can be great.

10 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Basically 90% of the music I listen to is hip-hop, so I wanted to include 1 non-hip-hop act and I've always liked the RHCP, they've had so many great songs over the years, Under The Bridge, Californication, My Friends etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back