• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top Matches/Fueds You Wanted Them In?

Attitude

Getting Noticed By Management
With the Rock Returning to the WWE to host Wrestlemania 27, Stone Cold Steve Austin returning to host Tough Enough, and Booker T returning to the WWE to announce on Smackdown and be a tough enough trainer I was thinking about fueds that I wanted to see them in against. Everybody has been talking about The Rock vs. John Cena and if it were to take place where should it happen. I remember Rock at the 2008 Hall of Fame talking about three superstars he wants to face or wanted to face with John Cena being one. He also mentioned Rey Mysterio and Shawn Michaels. And the fans obviously wanted Austin vs. Rock one more match. So that got me to thinking what are some matches that I wanted my favorite stars to be or fueds. Now I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section. But I put here because this thread is not limited to just these three guys. It's to every past or present superstar.

-What this thread is about is taking your absolute favorite or it doesn't have to be your favorite(just somebody you liked) and what are the top matches/fueds you wanted to see them in?

So I will start and I will go with Austin.
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. "Rowdy," Roddy Piper
I was watching Piper's Pit from WM21 with Austin as the guest. I thought wow this would have been an awesome fued and most likely have some great matches between the two. These two were THE biggest rebels in WWE history. The promos between the two would be classic; as you saw from this classic Piper's Pit anything can happen when these two are in the ring together. These two trash talking each other would be classic. And as I mentioned the matches would be great. I think they would be more like brawls than technical wrestling but I think it would be awesome. They both would bring take no prisoner attitudes to the matches.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. John Cena
Before everybody was talking about John Cena vs. The Rock people were talking about John Cena vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. It was when John Cena was doing the rapper gimmick. Everybody thought this would be great because both of these guys were anti-authority type characters. And just like Piper and Austin, Cena was a "rebel." I think these two would also bring a take no prisoner type attitude to their match and would be a pure fight/brawl between the two.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. DDP
You could argue that when DDP was on top in WCW that Austin and Page's character's were similar. It would be the Diamond Cutter vs. the Stone Cold Stunner.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Sandman
I know somebody will tell me they faced already in ECW. I know. But I wanted to see when Austin was on the top of the business and Sandman was still at least somewhat good(before WWECW). Have a No Holds Bars Match and then share a beer afterwards.

The Obvious Two:

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hollywood Hulk Hogan

The two biggest faces in wrestling history. Should have happened. That's just what I think. We could have seen who the biggest Icon in wrestling history was.

Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Goldberg
Similar look. Both were on top at the same time in competing companies.

Note:As I said before it's definately not limited to these three superstars. Choose anybody past or present.

Choose a wrestler from any promotion from past or present and choose the matches and fueds that you would have wanted to see them in that we didn't get the chance to see.

Chris Jericho is perhaps my favourite of all time... I have enjoyed his work the most over the last decade and think his book was inspired.

The feuds I would want to see would be...

Y2J vs Macho Man Randy Savage - Had Vince been on good terms with Savage around the buyout time, I would have loved to have seen these two face off as part of the invasion angle. Jericho defecting and Savage defending the WWF's honour. Add Elizabeth into the mix and we would have had Jericho being a lot more over earlier...

Chris Jericho vs Bret Hart - Why they haven't one this one is beyond me... Sure Bret can't wrestle much now, but Chris is quickly proving an expert at working with veterans to put on a top notch match. Add DH Smith to the mix as the main proxy for Bret in the ring... I guess the only thing that would stop it working perfectly is Neidhart's legal issues... Without them, have Harry turn and Y2J/Smith v The Hart Foundation at Summerslam.

Chris Jericho v Rock - Duh... this is a total no brainer... sure it's been done... but not since both have been legit stars outside of WWE... Chris has done enough to be recognised as WWE's joint 3rd most succesful mainstream export... Have the two feud over how Rocky stole parts from Jericho, screwed him out of auditions etc... It would be an interesting verbal feud that could lead to a squash (let's face it if Rock is EVER going to wrestle again, it's gonna be a 10 second match...)

Jericho v Goldberg... Why Bischoff bottled this one is beyond me, then why Vince didn't job Goldberg out to Jericho on his way out was a disappointment... damned creative control clauses...

Macho Man Vs The Rock. Both are excellent on the mic and major draws. The peoples elbow vs The elbox drop. I think this would've been a major match.

Piper vs Y2J. Both are excellent on the mic, and the emotions both can garner are phenominal. As seen before WrestleMania 25 they cut an incredible promo and promos like that could give them the platform they need to become a great rivalry.

Edge and Christian Vs The Legion of Doom. To when tag teams were relevant both were unquestionably two of the greatest tag teams of all time, L.O.D being the greatest IMO. However, with both being unique and talented it would've been a fantastic fued.

Angle and Bryan. Fantastic wrestlers, charismatic, enough said.

I'm going to do 3 each for 3 of my favourite wrestlers.

Sting

vs Randy Savage - I know they had one match in 1998 at Spring Stampede but the real motive for that feud was to transition the belt back to Hogan, and they were teammates in the Wolfpac shortly after. I personally would have loved to have seen them face off in 95 after Savage first joined and before all the NWO stuff.

vs Shawn Michaels - Surfer Sting vs heel HBK, Crow Sting vs DX heel HBK or the clash of two icons as faces. Any of these scenarios would have delivered something special from two men who share a professional and personal symmetry.

vs The Undetaker - I still hold out a smidgen of hope that we might still this, but back in 1998 it would have been something truly special on all levels.

Honourable mentions: Triple H, Edge, Jericho, Stone Cold and The Rock.

Shawn Michaels

vs The Rock - The promos, the charisma, the athletiscism, if there is one ultimate Wrestlemania dream match, for many this is it.

vs CM Punk - This one might seem a little leftfield but I think Punk's moralizing cult leader character would have created an incredible feud given HBK's past and his religous beliefs. The matches would also have been great given how good both are in the ring.

vs Brock Lesnar - Shawn was alwasy great agaisnt big man powerhouses and Brock was like the ultimate incarnation, he was a techncial monster to boot. It would have been like Shawn's Matches with Vader crossed with Angle.

Honourable mentions: Sting, Ravishing Rick Rude and Eddie Guerrero.

Mankind/Cactus Jack

vs Jake 'The Snake' Roberts - This would under Foley's Mankind persona and it would be as much about the psychological aspect of the feud as the matches, although I think they could be good as well.

vs Randy Savage - Unlike the match with Sting this would be a wild brawl, imagine the matches with DDP only magnified as the reckless Cactus Jack took on the crazy and unpredictable Macho Man.

vs Bret Hart - This one would work with either Cactus or Mankind, the crazy hardcore lunatic vs the best technical wrestler in the game, the contrast in styles alone would have made this special, a battle of who would adapt best.

Honourable mentions: John Cena, Brock Lesnar, Benoit, Eddie and ECW Taz.

I would have to say one from WCW & WWF;

Sting:

vs Shawn Michaels - I think this match would be awesome ring entertainment wise. Both men are very solid in the ring. The build up would be unimaginable though, both men have the ability to cut intense and great promo's.

vs Undertaker - As everyone else has been saying. Is this because they're both dark characters? Perhaps. The atmosphere of this match would be truly something.

Stone Cold Steve Austin:

vs Randy Orton - as overrated and outdone as it seems, this match would be awesome. Both of these guys are not great technical wise, but they would put on one hell of a brawl. Rattlesnake vs Viper this match would be great if Austin came in as a babyface and Orton playing his mega-heel character, being able to inch away with the win due to some heel tactics.

The Rock vs Randy Orton - Legend vs Legend Killer. I LOVED Orton as The Legend Killer. His mic work was so superb. Orton still can put on a great match. I would love to see Orton revert to his Legend Killer persona and challenge The Rock to a match at WrestleMania! That'd be a great match.

Y2J vs Undertaker - I'm not sure this feud has even happened yet. Jericho is great in every feud, but a good feud with The Undertaker would really be something.

Gotta have one for my favorite Wrestler: HBK!

HBK vs The Rock - What? This could be one of the best feud in WWF History. The Great One vs The Showstopper, The People's Champion, vs The Icon, and etc... Man, imagine the mic work these two can put on. Not to mention it'll be one hell of a match.

theres been similar threads like this in the past but ill play.
HBK vs Sting- would bring down the house. i have no doubt their series would be one of the
best ever. imagine the hbk/bret series only higher tempo.
Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle- seriously, this would be an FN clinic and they would cut a pace
that would be out of this world. shame we'll never c it. think these
two would set the bar of technical matches to an unreachable level
goldberg vs austin- the 2 monday night war lions against each other. spectacular!
Undertaker vs Andre the Giant- what in the blue HELL woulda happened here?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back