Top 5 Most Promising WWE Up-And-Comers

Calderownz

Brilliant Idiot
Basically, out of the current roster, be it developmental or the guys on the undercard currently, who do you see making the biggest impact in the future. Or, who do you HOPE makes that impact.

1. Evan Bourne. I think he's not just someone who can hit you with spots, he's someone who can do it well and do it safely. Very important for longevity. His only problem is that currently, he doesn't have a lot of young, innovative talent around his size and there's no Cruiserweight title.

(Hopefully, the WWE can keep the WWE title and the World title on separate shows. They can keep the Tag titles unified for both shows. They can have Intercontinental title and U.S. title on different shows. Basically, if it's a title that is relegated to one show, the other show needs to have a counter-title. So, for the Tag team straps, the Cruiserweight and the Women's titles, they need to be champions that can go to either show. Nonetheless, I digress. Hopefully Bourne can overcome this.)

2. The Miz. Though he might not be a complete up and comer, but he's still on the rise. Works great on the stick, wrestling has improved and he's molding a very compelling character. Virtually the only guy that can keep him promos PG, fresh and edgy, AND original. Very talented guy.

3. Cody Rhodes/Ted DiBiase. I link them together still as they pretty much are coming up in this together at this particular point. Both are solid on the mic, both can get it done in the ring. The only thing they have to worry about is not trying to be like Randy when Legacy disbands, making sure they keep both the mic work and ring work fresh and finding unique characters to fall back on when the water settles on this current run.

4. Tyson Kidd. Good, unique look, a name that stands out and VERY impressive in ring work. Hard to lose with that combination. His mic work MIGHT need work, but it's nothing to laugh at at this current stage. Hopefully, the faction he's currently in gets more attention and then he can potentially break away and get some nice IC title run out of it.

5. Dolph Ziggler. Good look, good worker and highly underused. His mic work, from what I've seen is decent and he looks the part that he currently plays. I think he might have the best chance of anyone on my list if he can stay around the longest. Solid hand.

Okay, your turn.

I can no longer think off the top of my head, so I'll have to just use your list. Out of them all I'd say The Miz has the biggest upside. I still don't think he's a great worker, but he's not awful and he can cut a decent promo. The only problem is when fans start cheering him, that's when his career will go on the slide, I don't think he has the talent or size to become a headline face. And the name is awful.

Out of the rest I don't think any are promosing. Bourne & Kidd are good as undercard workers, but they've got zero personality and as a result I don't see what else WWE can do with them other than keep them at their current level.

Ziggler is somebody who'll never make it. I think he's talented, but with a bad name and a horrible look I think his moment passed when Morrison got the IC title over him.

Rhodes & Dibiase will go on to great things, but they won't be great themselves. Good workers, but generic.

5. Drew McIntyre- He's been on the main roster for less than a year and he's already been given a run with the IC title. Hell, the storyline says he's been hand picked by Vince McMahon to be the next big thing. Drew has a great look, decent mic skills, solid in ring work and lots of room to grow. Oh yeah, and there's that tremendous accent.

4. Kaval - The inception of NXT in 2 weeks should bring the WWE debut of Low Ki, whom they have christened as Kaval. Anyone who is not familiar with his work is in for a real treat. This guy is the definition of intense and his unorthodox offense is always entertaining.

3. Ted DiBiase - I like Cody, but Teddy is gonna be the guy from Legacy that has the most long term success. He will be a world champion some day. He's just got that "it" factor that is hard to come by. Ted's rise to the top could start tomorrow, all the WWE needs to do is kill this Legacy thing that has run it's course.

2. Sheamus - He debuted on the main roster on June 30th and within 6 months he won a world title. Not too shabby. I know I'm in the minority on this forum, but I can't get enough Sheamus- the guy is outstanding. He is incredibly unique for a monster heel. He's a big guy who stays mainly within power moves, but he does it better than most big guys. He's got the look- yes, the blazing red hair on overly pale frame works for him-, good mic skills (another phenomal accent), and great in ring work.

1. Bryan Danielson
- "Best in the world" is not a clever catch phrase, folks. I am counting down the days until the debut of NXT under the assumption that it will also bring the WWE debut of Danielson. He truly is the best in the game and should be the future of the company if given the opportunity.

I dont get what people see in McIntyre. This is his second run on Smackdown, and he hasnt impressed me either time. But I digress.

5. Sheamus- The guy has impressed me week after week more and more. When i first saw him on ECW, i thought he was another generic "Vince big man" with cool entrance music. But his ring work, mic skills, and heel presence have improved immensely since his move to Raw. As shocked and disgusted I was when he first won the title, i cant help but think back that they knew what they were doing. The guys been around awhile on the Indy scene, and his match against Christian was likely his best to date. I know hes the WWE champ, but the mark of an up and comer is hat they continue to improve. Sheamus has and is.

4. Tyson Kidd/TJ Wilson- while Im not all that impressed with his stablemate DH Smith, I think WWE has made a mistake by really jobbing this guy out. I was really hoping with Hart returning to WWE theyld give the Dynasty more of a rub, but it hasnt happened, yet. I think this kid has tremendous potential to be a breakout star, he can work highflying matches and hes a tremendous technician.

3. Evan Bourne- Ive loved this kid from the second he debuted on ECW and gave him what as a big rub at the time: a victory over Chavo Guerrero. Back when Chavo was more then just Hornswoggles jobber. I think WWE has dropped the ball in moving him to Raw too soon, but not due to his talent, but rather, the overflux of talent on the roster. He sells moves better then anyone Ive ever seen,(which is good since theylve jobbed him out so consistently.) and just needs some work on the mic and a proper feud to really be elevated, I think.

2. Bryan Danielson- For the love of God, I cant come to terms with the name "Bryan Daniel", but I dont think it matters essentially. This guys moniker is "best in the world" for a reason: hes that damn good. Hes had so many classic matches with Nigel McGuiness(Desmond Wolfe) over the years in Ring of Honor, including both of their send-off matches. Treendous, tremendous worker that wrestlers several styles well. He and the man I listed at no.1 had one hell of a match last weekend at FCW.

1. Kaval/Low Ki- If youlve ONLY seen him FCW, youlve only seen the cusp of what this guy can do. The first ever Ring of Honor champion has wrestled every kind of match imaginable, and can wrestle an MMA style quite well as well. Hes wrestled several times in TNA as well, and has looked impressive there as well. He also, quite interestingly, was the voice and moveset for the Suicide character in TNAs video game, as they bypassed Kaz for him. Cant wait to see him.

5. Trent Baretta: I know some people might think I'm nuts here, but I am really high on this kid (not so much on Croft). I think he has a HUGE future. In the ring, he has unlimited potential, IMO. He is a technical guy, but he has big spot potential at times. I think he needs A LOT more time in something like NXT to get his skills (especially on the mic) up to par. I also think he needs to put on 20 lbs or so, but doesn't need to happen with any urgency. I honestly think within five years (barring personal issues, injuries, or just someone like HHH/HBK not liking him) this kid will win something like the IC or US title. On top of what I said earlier, I just see that "it" factor while watching him wrestle.

4. Bryan Danielson: MAN, this guy can wrestle. He has a HUGE moveset, lots of suplexes and combo moves, which I think is something lacking among a lot of other young talent (he's not that young, he's like 28 or 29). I think he will put on a ton of memorable matches with WWE (maybe even TNA someday), but I'm not sure how big he will be in the "E." His look isn't really what they usually put on top, so I am not sure how well they will use him (might have better luck in TNA). I love that this guy is innovative without being a walking spot-fest (a lot that credit can go to Regal I am guessing). As for his name change, I am guessing that is something Vince wants, probably for a few reasons. 1. To seperate him a bit from his independent persona. This guy WILL NOT make an immediate impact, so I'm guessing that's what this is about. 2. Vince is sticking it to the indepenent promotions, basically telling them that their guys are not THAT big.

3. Desmond Wolfe: I know this guy isn't technically and up-and-comer, but he is definitely on the rise. Great mic skills, good character, and a really good wrestler. May be a little "gimmicky" for me right now, but as he grows, he will shed that a bit I think. Definitely has huge future in TNA, and along with Styles, is the type of guy that will more than likely STAY with TNA (unless they go out of business).

2. Cody Rhodes: Doesn't have great size, but has a real main-event wrestling style. He is old school, and makes it look good. Good on the mic, but not great, which is where I see a difference between he and Ted. If he can put a little more size on (he has already beefed up a bit), I see this kid doing big things with WWE or TNA, if he ever decides to jump ship.

1. Ted DiBiase: Basically has everything Cody has, plus a few things, which is why I rank him higher. Seems to be more natural than Cody on the mic, and has a suave thing going on. He has the look of a WWE/WH champion ( I know, that is something EVERYONE says about this guy, but oh well), and that plays a huge part in going all the way to the top in WWE. I think he is about equal to Cody in the ring, but is bigger and his moves seem to hit a little bit harder. He is getting the earlier push of the two, and that is exactly what I expected to happen. I hope they keep he and Cody together, kind of a career-long friendship/partnership like Arn and Flair.

Bryan Danielson,Desmond Wolfe,Cody Rhodes,Ted DiBiase and Evan Bourne.I see these 5 people as the up and coming future of proffesional wrestling.These guys know how to wrestle and are good at it.Take bourne for isntance he brought back the Shooting Star Press.Each of them are good in ring and on the mic as well.

Legacy: Ted Dibiase & Cody Rhodes
I think these both are destined to be stars. I am a huge mark of Legacy and I think that once they are allowed to show what they got, we won't be wondering when they get the IC and US title. We will be wondering when they will have their next reign as World Champions.

Drew McIntyre
I know many don't see anything in him but these ate the people who have not seen him in other promotions. I watched a promo of his not too long ago that had me laughing and riveted. Even as close as him being in FCW did he show some personality and there is no doubting that the guy is good in the ring. I think that he will develop and become a huge fan favorite in the future. Remember The Rock wasn't "The Rock" in a week.

Bryan Danielson a.k.a. Daniel Bryan
I don't have to explain myself. The hype surrounding this guy speaks for itself. My only worry about AmDrag would be his mic skills. He is lacking a bit in that department and hopefully he will get paired with "HBK" during "NXT" because they know each other, are comfrotable with each other so who better to give Dragon tips on promos than HBK himself?

Sheamus
I know I may get flack for this pick but it's the same reason as Drew. He had fans in FCW eating out of his hand sometimes. And they were WWE fans as well so why wouldn't it work in the big leagues too? I know this guy is better than what everyone is seeing but it seems to be the way of things that a new big guy coms up and is seen as a monster that he is really limited with what he can do until he becomes a face. I hope and see big things for "The Irish Curse" for a long time to come.

I will give 8
8.Justin Gabriel/Angel(Great Aerial Work)
7.Dolph Ziggler(Yes,Mr.Ziggles)
6.Miz(Great Mic Work,Nice Attitude,and Alright Ring Skillsand aalso first man to hold 3 titles)
5.Ted DiBiase(Future World Champ for sure.)
4.Evan Bourne(I would pay to just see the Shooting Star Press)
3.Drew Mclntyre(Already won the Intercontinental Title)
2.Bryan Danielson(Amazing Ring Skills)
1.Sheamus(WWE Champion after 6 months,already fueding with HHH)

5. Wade Barret - Love it. I think he oculd be a great heel on smackdown
4. Kofi Kingston - Reminds me for some reason of Pope on TNA, good mic/ring skills y'all
3. Justin Gabriel - poor on mic but exciting to watch
2. Bryan Danielson - yeah..
1. The masked dude who attacked mysterio on SD! Loved that finisher

5. Evan Bourne-I can see him slowly rising up to main event level. Maybe a few tag titles in his future. I'd like to see him and Mysterio team up to win a few tag titles. I dont think he's gonna win a world title though.

4. Sheamus-He's todays Razor Ramon. He's always gonna be 1 step down from the top. But he's already won the WWE championship which is more than Razor accomplished. He's definitley a futre IC champ.

3. Kofi Kingston-I don't think that he's gonna win the big one but he's definitley a future US & IC Champ and probably a tag champ.

2. Ted Dibiase-He's got huge potential in him. I think he's going to win the WWE championship within the next 4 years and probably the US championship within the year.

1.John Morrison-Of course the Shaman of Sexy will be a future world champion. He has soooo much potentioal if WWE wouldd just push him. I think the Heavyweight Championship is in his future along with the Mr. Money in the Bank name & probably a few more IC titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back