• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Top 5 best heels....

1. ravishing rick rude- he was a good heel, he seemed abit ahead of his time :S

2. owen hart- he had a couple of stints as a good guy, but was a wicked heel, especially when he tricked his mom into throwing in the towel, and then took off laughing...LOL

3. sgt. slaughter when he was along side adnan and mustafa i think his name was.... LISTEN UP YOU MAGGOT....:)

4. ric flair, what more can i say...WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5.steve austin, this guy was always a heel in wcw, was kind of in between in ecw, but then he was such a good heel in wwe, he became the man of pro wrestling in the late 90's to the early 00's

Whoever made this thread, are you out of your damn mind? The best 5 heels ever? 100 years of pro wrestling throughout the world and you wanna pick the top 5 heels? These kind of threads really insult me because they end up with dumbasses posting dumb ass responses. Yeah, every1 likes LAX, Christian, and all of the current people but when you get something like this:
1.Jeff Jarrett
2.Christian Cage
3.AJ Styles
4.Edge
5.LAX

It insults me because you are ignoring so much history in wrestling and are shitting over all of the wrestlers who busted their asses day in and out to make wrestling what it is today. So I will pay respect to those wrestlers now and will have my own list of top 50 heels in wrestling history in my opinion.

1. Vince McMahon
2. Roddy Piper
3. Ted DiBiase
4. Outsiders (Hall/Nash)
5. Bobby Heenan
6. Jake Roberts
7. Rick Rude
8. Billy Graham
9. Triple H
10. Terry Funk
11. Destroyer
12. The Great Muta
13. Chris Jericho
14. Ric Flair
15. Eric Bischoff
16. Mydnight Express w/ Jim Cornette
17. Shawn Michaels
18. Sgt. Slaughter
19. Masahiro Chono
20. Curt Henning
21. JBL
22. Greg Valentine
23. Stan Hansen
24. Jeff Jarrett
25. Abdulah The Butcher
26. Buddy Rogers
27. Don Moroco
28. Edge
29. Big Bossman
30. Dick Slater
31. Jerry Lawler
32. Kurt Angle
33. Larry Zbyszko
34. Mr. Fuji
35. Bob Orton
36. Jesse Ventura
37. Randy Savage
38. Shane Douglas
39. Raven
40. Taue
41. Kawada
42. Bam Bam Bigelow
43. Harley Race
44. Steve Corino
45. Hashimoto
46. Honky Tonk Man
47. Christian Cage
48. Rick Martel
49. Sheik
50. Randy Orton

There are many others who deserve mention. Learn your history boys before posting something stupid like this.

1. Ric Flair - Everyone hated him, but it was a joy to watch him.

2. Ted Dibiase - No one could have pulled off the great Million Dollar Man gimmick quite like he did.

3. Rick Rude - From his pre-match promo, to his other promos, he was the archetype for a heel, yet it was a love/hate relationship with the fans. His wrestling was superb as well.

4. Hulk Hogan - His turn to the dark side at BatB '96 was amazing. His transformation into "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan was superb and kept everyone wanting more!

5. The Rock - As a heel, everyone wanted to hate him. But we all wanted more of his performances. He quickly became a caricature of himself, and satirized himself. If not for his heel turn, he would have been a nobody, just another WWF release; that is unless WCW made something of him.

6. Jesse Ventura - went from a great heel in the ring to a great heel commentator.

7. Andre "The Giant" - Man he was a scary ass mofo when I was a kid. Knew the business inside and out and a very effective heel.

8. Eric Bischoff - Who didn't hate some of the stuff he did or said? Still has it, and I'd like to see him in TNA.

5. Edge-he is still a great heel and the stupidest thing the WWE could do would be to turn him face
4. Shane Douglas- i agree he is a great heel and was invovled in many good heel story lines but hes not the best
3. Triple H-he was always a great heel and i loved him in Evolution..but at the same time he is also a great face so couldnt give him number 1
2. Ric Flair-hes the dirtiest player in the game..he got that reputation for bein sooo dirty
1. Roddy Piper- hey, there is a reason he was number 1 on the WWE 51 worst offenders

Whoever made this thread, are you out of your damn mind? The best 5 heels ever? 100 years of pro wrestling throughout the world and you wanna pick the top 5 heels? These kind of threads really insult me because they end up with dumbasses posting dumb ass responses. Yeah, every1 likes LAX, Christian, and all of the current people but when you get something like this:
1.Jeff Jarrett
2.Christian Cage
3.AJ Styles
4.Edge
5.LAX

It insults me because you are ignoring so much history in wrestling and are shitting over all of the wrestlers who busted their asses day in and out to make wrestling what it is today. So I will pay respect to those wrestlers now and will have my own list of top 50 heels in wrestling history in my opinion.

1. Vince McMahon
2. Roddy Piper
3. Ted DiBiase
4. Outsiders (Hall/Nash)
5. Bobby Heenan
6. Jake Roberts
7. Rick Rude
8. Billy Graham
9. Triple H
10. Terry Funk
11. Destroyer
12. The Great Muta
13. Chris Jericho
14. Ric Flair
15. Eric Bischoff
17. Shawn Michaels
18. Sgt. Slaughter
19. Masahiro Chono
20. Curt Henning
21. JBL
22. Greg Valentine
23. Stan Hansen
24. Jeff Jarrett
25. Abdulah The Butcher
26. Buddy Rogers
27. Don Moroco
28. Edge
29. Big Bossman
30. Dick Slater
31. Jerry Lawler
32. Kurt Angle
33. Larry Zbyszko
34. Mr. Fuji
35. Bob Orton
36. Jesse Ventura
37. Randy Savage
38. Shane Douglas
39. Raven
40. Taue
41. Kawada
42. Bam Bam Bigelow
43. Harley Race
44. Steve Corino
45. Hashimoto
46. Honky Tonk Man
47. Christian Cage
48. Rick Martel
49. Sheik
50. Randy Orton

There are many others who deserve mention. Learn your history boys before posting something stupid like this.

I think the point is to spark discussion by naming the top five in everyone's opinion. Anyone could name 50 or 100 heels, but what kind of topic is that? This isn't a history test, just an opportunity to see who has made the greatest impact on people's minds. Derserving mention is one thing, but taking the time to choose the 5 most important to you takes some actual effort. I like the thread and the topic isn't stupid.

1. Triple H
2. Mr McMahon
3. The Undertaker
4. Christian Cage
5. The Dudley Boyz

1) Mr. McMahon during the Austin Era was the biggest heel that I can think of...

2) Triple H between 2000 and 2005... So dominating, always at the head of a strong faction (McMahon-Helmsley or Evolution), and can very easily play on crowd reactions.

3) The Dudley Boyz in ECW... They were so over as heels that people in the crowd actually spat on them... The strongest reaction to a heel gimmick that I've ever seen... Awesome stuff.

4) Roddy Piper. Greatest heel of the 80s without a doubt. He was even more over than Hogan until the first two Wrestlemanias...

5) Eddie Guerrero. I know this one is surprising since he was so over as a face too. But I mean if you look at the feud with Rey Mysterio in 2005, he got such strong crowd reactions, it was amazing. Latino Heat was pretty fun too :p.

my top 5

#1. Classy Freddie Blassie: when your stabbed numerous times. when you have acid thrown on you. when fans try to pull you into the seats so they can beat you down your a heel.
#2. Ted Dibiase: when he would do his promos the people booed like hell and you could see people trying to get to him.
#3. Dirty Dick Murdoch & Dirty Dusty Rhodes: when they were a tag team they took under handed to another level.
#4. The Andersons: When Ole broke wahoos leg near riot conditions formed. the Andersons have also had the staple of being violent and always going to far with lesser opponents.
#5. NWO Hogan: never in my life have i ever heard such load booing and so many objects being thrown at one person.

1.Jeff Jarrett
2.Christian Cage
3.AJ Styles
4.Edge
5.LAX

1. Vince McMahon
2. Roddy Piper
3. Ted DiBiase
4. Outsiders (Hall/Nash)
5. Bobby Heenan
6. Jake Roberts
7. Rick Rude
8. Billy Graham
9. Triple H
10. Terry Funk
11. Destroyer
12. The Great Muta
13. Chris Jericho
14. Ric Flair
15. Eric Bischoff
17. Shawn Michaels
18. Sgt. Slaughter
19. Masahiro Chono
20. Curt Henning
21. JBL
22. Greg Valentine
23. Stan Hansen
24. Jeff Jarrett
25. Abdulah The Butcher
26. Buddy Rogers
27. Don Moroco
28. Edge
29. Big Bossman
30. Dick Slater
31. Jerry Lawler
32. Kurt Angle
33. Larry Zbyszko
34. Mr. Fuji
35. Bob Orton
36. Jesse Ventura
37. Randy Savage
38. Shane Douglas
39. Raven
40. Taue
41. Kawada
42. Bam Bam Bigelow
43. Harley Race
44. Steve Corino
45. Hashimoto
46. Honky Tonk Man
47. Christian Cage
48. Rick Martel
49. Sheik
50. Randy Orton

EXCELLENT REPLY
Most of the posts I've read only have the top 5 heels from the last 5 or 6 years. Like nobody remembers that wrestling has been around for more than 10 years. Any wrestling fan will tell you that ANY and EVERY wrestler that has ever been a heel has been a good, sometimes great heel. Think about it, it's easy to get fans to cheer you, ala Mick Foley's "cheap pops", but it takes real skill, heart, determination, and talent to get every person in every area every night of the week to hate your guts night in and night out.
Also, nobody has put Bobby Heenan in their lists. He was the ultimate number one heel manager!

OK....I have been watching for over 20 Years, so by "Top 5" will be from 85-07:

5. Flair (Too many face turns to be a legit #1 for me, but he definately can't fall from the top 5)

4. Triple H (Again, dropped in my poll due to face turns, although a few of them have been brilliant plots)

3. Mr. Mcmahon: Ultimate jerk!

2. Ted Dibiase: Fun to hate and root against and he always "Brought it".

1. HBK: I know that I dropped Flair and Trips because of face turns, But HBK was the Ultimate heel, easy to hate him and he always had a great chance of beating some #$$

If utilized differently I think Carlito and Orton could be on that top 5 in a few years!

(Some Of My favorite Heels in No Particular Order)
Amdrag (he has been praised as the Next Gen Flair By Meltzer and I agree)
Bobby Heenan
HHH
HBK
Bobby The Brain Heenan
The Sheik
Christian
Mr. Perfect
Scott Hall
The NWO
Randy Savage
Flair
Funk
Dudley Boyz
Raven
Vince Mcmahon
Eric Bischoff
The Embassy (Jimmy Rave,Alex Shelley and Prince Nana)
Classy Freddie Blassie
Edge

Some of my favorites are: (in no particular order)

#1 Raven
#2 Shane Douglas
#3 Ric Flair
#4 Sting
# 5 Bobby Heenan
#6 The NWO
#7 The Embassy
# 8 Bryan Danielson

Old School Heels.......
Kevin Sullivan And His Stable
Ric Flair And The Og Horsemen
Jake Roberts With Hawk And Animal
Catus Jack And Abuliah The Butcher
Harley Race

OK....I have been watching for over 20 Years, so by "Top 5" will be from 85-07:

5. Flair (Too many face turns to be a legit #1 for me, but he definately can't fall from the top 5)

4. Triple H (Again, dropped in my poll due to face turns, although a few of them have been brilliant plots)

3. Mr. Mcmahon: Ultimate jerk!

2. Ted Dibiase: Fun to hate and root against and he always "Brought it".

1. HBK: I know that I dropped Flair and Trips because of face turns, But HBK was the Ultimate heel, easy to hate him and he always had a great chance of beating some #$$

If utilized differently I think Carlito and Orton could be on that top 5 in a few years!

I totally agree with this list except for number two. My number two would have to be Bobby Heenan. He is probably the best heel manager of all time. He is also the best m,angaer of all time.

I totally agree with this list except for number two. My number two would have to be Bobby Heenan. He is probably the best heel manager of all time. He is also the best m,angaer of all time.

True, I don't think any other manager was even close! Brilliant man!

My top 5 Heels are as follows

5. Raven- He was one evil son of a bitch in ECW the storylines he was involved in getting Sandman's own son to turn against him and even crucifying Sandman on television. He was pure evil but yet he always had the crowds eating out of his hands.

4.Sgt Slaughter-He makes my list for the sole reason that at one time there was so much heat on him that Vince Mcmahon had to change the location of Wrestlemania 7 from a outdoor stadium to a indoor stadium cause he was worried about someone possibly trying to sniper Slaughter.

3.Ric Flair-Flair as a heel was one of the greatest gimmicks of all time he was hated by absolutely everyone and he had great feuds with the likes of Dusty Rhodes, Magnum TA, Rick Steamboat and Sting. He was reviled by his peers and fans alike.

2.Hollywood Hogan-Hogan was so great as a heel that he almost alone kept WCW afloat from the 96-99 era at Bash at the beach 96 in a span of maybe two minutes he went from the most beloved man in the history of wrestling to the most hated man in the sport.

1-Superstar Billy Graham- He makes my number 1 spot cause he was a originator of the heel character in my opinion he was ripped off by so many other heels over the years that you can't help but make him number 1. He was so hated by all wrestling fans yet people always came to see him whether it was in the AWA. WWWF. Mid Atlantic of the WWF hell as a heel champion in the WWWF he Sold out Madison Sqaure Garden 19 times.

Obviously, many of you are young, and I saw some great heels, and the ones that are listed, I personally wouldn't call them great heels. Anyway, my list, in no particular order:

1. King Kong Bundy: On Saturday Night's Main Event in 1986, he crushed Hulk Hogan's ribs. That alone made him draw heat from the fans. Many fans, were crying. My neice was 9 years old at time and she cried. Also, when Bunday crushed Andre the Giant's ribs months before. I hated Bundy for that. These were real emotional.

2. Roddy Piper. In 1984 alone, he defined heel. He kicked Cindi Lauper, slammed David Wolf, smashed Lou Albano over the head with the picture, and last but not least, beat Jimmy Snucka over the head with coconut. Snucka to this day, never got his revenge.

3. Ric Flair. His feud with Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Morton, and Sting ranks him up there. The main reasons is because the faces faced career ending injuries at the hands of Flair and the Horsmen.

4. Terry Funk. This man is so devious, I hated him when he feuded with the Junkyard Dog back in the day. Also, when he broke Ric Flair's neck and nearly suffocated him with a plastic bag on national TV was dispicable.

5. Brett Hart. I never liked him, he was so self-centered, he was all about Brett. Like Ric flair said about him in his autobiography, Brett never drew money. he was a good wrestler, but he was all about brett. The Hart Foundation was a team that was hated, but Brett had to be the center of attention. Plus, how many times did Brett turncoat people?! Couldn't trust him.

5. Kurt Angle, the Olympic gold medalist created an atmosphere perfect for everyone to hate him
4. Hulk Hogan WCW NWO, the NWO made all the fans sick because all you saw was them and they always won:hogan:
3. Bret Hart, circa 1997 Hat and the foundation captured every title and beat the hell out of every body, including Stone Cold
2. HBK, There is so much to talk about when it comes to the hellish HBK. feuds like Jennety, Razor Ramon, Deisil, Hart, Stone Cold, and Hogan solified his place on the list
1. Ric Flair, He is the best the industry has ever known and when he was the man, everyone despised him :flair:

5 Triple H : When he was a heel he was such a prick but so enjoyable to watch at the same time.

4 Superstar Billy Graham : He was the first true heel in wrestling and a dam good one at that.

3 Chris Jericho : One of the most entertaining heels of all time. You might have hated him when he was a heel but you also laughed when he was a heel.

2 Ric Flair : The greatest wrestler of all time and having Flair as a heel was just awesome.

1 Shawn Michaels : When he was a heel, he was so arrogant, such a prick, but you still loved to watch him. He was a perfect heel and the most entertaining heel of all time.

Honorable Mentions : Vince McMahon, Stephane McMahon, The NWO, Randy Orton, King Kong Bundy, Nation of Domination, JBL, and Raven.

My TOP 5 favorite HEELS are: (in no particular order)

THE ROCK: the reason I started back watching wrestling in the late 90s. He can make you hate or cheer him

JBL: can work a microphone with excellence and brawl with the best

Ric Flair: there's a reason why they call him the "dirtiest player in the game"

Vince McMahon: maybe the most underrated "bad guy" of all time

HHH/Jericho/Angle: close call from these to round out my top 5

The list of truly great heels isn't as long as most people would like to believe, and being that I've been watching wrestling for thirty years, most of mine will not be recent.

5.) Big Van Vader- For those that didn't get to see him in his early 90's WCW run, you missed one of the best big men to ever work. Arrogant, athletic, mean, strong and all around impressive. The guy brutalized Sting, smacked around Barry Windham, devastated Mick Foley on several different occasions (Including the unfortunate 'ear incident'), and when you added Harley Race to the mix...ya' got a heel that was truly awesome.

4.) Ric Flair- Hey, what can I say? Nobody likes hearing over and over again that you're better than them, and Ric never let it slip from your mind. He was THE MAN, and you weren't. Period. It was the birth of the 'cool heel', and Flair did it better than anybody ever has.

3.) "Classy" Freddie Blassie- Well, somebody had to mention the guy. You had to hate him, it was a rule. It's even in the Bible somewhere, I think. Thou shalt hate anyone who refers to thine as a 'Pencil Neck Geek'. He filed his teeth down to points earning him the nickname 'Vampire' for Krypt's sake, because he'd bite a plug outta' somebody....that gets him five bonus points.

2.) "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase- Need I say more? The guy was just easy to hate. Rich? Check. Arrogant? Check. Shits on everybody and everything? Check. Picks on poor people and small children? Check. Slaps around his sequin clad man servant for fun? Check. We have a placer for number two!

1.) Jake "The Snake" Roberts- If ever there was a guy that should've been ten times the legend he is....it's Jake Roberts. So cold, calm, and collected....you were never sure if the character he was was really just a character or not. He was one of those bizarre heels that was right on the border of absolutely out of control. He was delightfully psychotic. He got a snake after Ms. Elisabeth, had a cobra gnaw on Randy Savage's arm.....for what seemed like an eternity, buried The Ultimate Warrior up to his neck in dirt and turned The Undertaker into a monster babyface. For me, Jake Roberts was the epitome of what a heel should be....the character always believed, no matter how screwed up his logic, that he was in the right. By any means necessary. And that's what makes a great villain. Not to mention, he's definitely in the top five mic workers of all time to boot.

1. Vader- as was said before, his heel work in WCW was legendary.
2. Larry Zabysko- during his AWA days he drew major heat.
3. Ric Flair- would of been number one but to many face turns. a legend on the mic.
4. eddie gilbert- after he got done talking even his mom hated him
5. NWO- the first year or so, after that it became to watered down, but that first year was awesome.

This is a tough one, there are so many heels out there I've just found awesome because heels are my favorites, I hate faces but I'll try my best. Here we go.

"Hollywood" Hulk Hogan: Not arguably BUT the biggest heel turn in wrestling history. Why? Because he was the biggest babyface of wrestling history. His heel turn also created the biggest heel stable in wrestling history, one that led to WCW's domination in the ratings over the then WWF, in the time when wrestling was at its best. His heel tenure was memorable and lengthly at the top.

Kurt Angle: In his rookie year as a heel WWF Champion, he got under the skin of every WWF fan and did so because he was a relic from the campy wrestling days. That only augmented his first heel run because it was during the attitude era. Kurt Angle alo beat every major name on his way to the top, including the likes of Chris Jericho, Stone Cold, Triple H, The Undertaker and The Rock in his rookie year and had a lengthly title reign. Without a doubt, he deserves the second spot.

Triple H: He said it all in a promo... in Austin's stead, he ran the World Wrestling Federation. He married the boss's daughter, he became a multiple time WWF Champion, he had the greatest feud of 2000 with The Rock and he took out the biggest superstar of the Attitude Era, Stone Cold himself. Not to mention he was the second heel champion ever to walk out of Wrestlemania still WWF Champion after Diesel. What hurts him and puts him below Angle was the fact he and Rock played hot potato with the belt after Wrestlemania. If he had held onto it at least until Summerslam, this would be second, no doubt.

Randy Orton: Can anyone argue his recent heel title reign is not amongst the top five this past decade? The man beat every RAW top contender in his lengthly title reign since No Mercy, from HHH, HBK, Y2J, Jeff Hardy and John Cena. He even retained the title at Wrestlemania, which I believe makes him the third heel world champion ever to do so after Diesel and HHH.

Chris Jericho: The man was the first Undisputed heel WWF Champion! He beat Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock on the same night to do so, then went on to retain the same title against both aforementioned wrestlers in respective PPV's. What hurt him was losing it to HHH, whose title run was even more pointless. It would have made more sense for Jericho to retain against HHH at WM18 then drop it to Hogan at Backlash.

5. Jerry "the King" Lawler: Everywhere this guy went, he drew heat. He is great on the mic, and can use it to get the fans hot! He was great at at being a heel. Almost everything he did got some form of heat from the live crowed.

4. Raven: Raven made his actions and words draw heat for him. When he was in his war with Tommy Dreamer, the games he would play with him drew heat all the time. And when he got on the mic, he would make you feel less intelligent.

3. "Macho Man" Randy Savage: He was great at drawing heat for his antics in the ring. He was really good on the mic, but his actions in the ring made him a great heel. Towards the end of his career, his mic skills got a lot better and he drew great heat for it.

2. Shane " the Franchise" Douglas: Douglas was perfect in almost every angle he was in. He cared ECW on his back threw 95'. He could beat down an opponent, and the crowed and didn't care how he did it, as long as they hated him at the end of the day. He would have easly been number 1 for me, had it not been for.........

1. "Rowedy" Roddy Piper: One of the greatest heels of all time. Point blank...No Piper, No Mega Hogan, No wrestling boom. Hogan would probably still go down as one of the most important figures in wrestling history, but Piper helped make Hogan so over, mostly because people wanted to see him lose so badly. He would kill people on the mic, and in the ring, his in ring skills and tactics were so perfect to draw heat. Easy pick for Piper at number one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back