• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Too much talent for one show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Anyone else feel as though TNA could really benefit from a "Superstars" type program to help alleviate some of the pressure the bookers and writers are probably feeling in trying to get television time in for some of the guys in the company who are probably feeling quite buried right now?

The World Elite, for example, own two of TNA's titles, and the entire faction hasn't seen a lick of time since the Hogan/Bischoff inception. Now I understand these things take time, but you'd think they'd take time with guys like Lethal Consequences, Rhyno and Jesse Neal (among others) more than they would title holders, no? Even the Knockouts division looks to be growing too big for the amount of television time the company has available. Wrestlers like Roxy are "returning" only to disappear, because they can't remain relevant enough in front of a camera to sustain the suspense for another three weeks before they're seen again.

Were a move to Monday nights full-time announced, does anyone else agree that perhaps another 1 (or even two, depending on how much Spike TV is willing to invest here) could benefit the company on the Thursday night slot they own right now?

Please understand one thing here as well, if you understand nothing else – I am not talking about branding. In fact, I just want to say that again. I am not talking about branding. What I'm talking about is a roll-over program that will allow "lesser" feuds, factions and wrestlers in need of a rest or a re-packaging to find the time to actually do what they need to do.

I can't help but feel that a program like EPICS would be much better as part of a DVD release than it would a weekly show. IMO, Xplosion should have been given the nod before a best-of program.

Thoughts?

I disagree, having a large roster keeps TNA fresh, something that many fans of the WWE complain about. It also keeps matches short, something that is positive on weekly shows. If the talent aren't on the shows after a couple weeks, that should be a sign that they are the excess and will sooner or later be cut.

However, if they are running 10 programs on the show, and two hours fits 7 onto a show, that means they can have 4 on every show and two on every second show. This can also keep pay per views fresh. As long as the talent works with it, it should be fine, and will work well for house shows.

With all the talents they have in TNA right now, a 2 hour show is not enough to showcase all their talent. It can kinda lead to a confusing storyline since those underused talents will oughta be in TV in the coming weeks or so and it's kinda hard for the viewers, especially the new ones, to kinda cope up with the story. Take last night for example, Where was the X division champ, TNA tag champs, and legends champ? Okay so let's say next week they appear on impact but what would happen to the feud that's taking place in TV right now? Its like they're taking turns appearing on TV and those feuds that are happening right now should be continuous. If TNA would make a permanent move to monday nights, they can keep the current thursday timeslot they have right now and make a 2nd show or some kind of X division/Knockouts show and it'll help some of the underused talents get exposure. I didn't even get to see Suicide last night.. :wtf:

while i was thinking of Joe, i remember him doing a shoot on Scott Hall a while ago, so Hall's return could be killing it if they have bad blood. i agree with the notion of a new show, they should keep a Monday show as their main show and the Thurs slot as their "B" show. i think the main problem Hogan/Bischoff have is that they don't know the TNA talent well enough. i think they'll see what they got, which could take some time.

i think the main problem Hogan/Bischoff have is that they don't know the TNA talent well enough. time.

I can't agree with this as the booking for Genesis shows that someone behind the scenes is doing their homework and I highly doubt that the whole card is the brainchild of Vince Russo.

Basically, I'm gonna' go with the idea of TNA moving IMPACT! to Mondays and then having a second show on Thursdays. I'll be happy as long as they don't go the route of WWE and try seperate brands in the same company. Still one of the lamest ideas ever.

TNA needs another show 1 hour or 2 2hours will be fine I say when they move tna to mondays debut another show on thursday nights cause tna can't really develop a storyline for mid-carders and the x-division cause there isn't enough time tna impact runs 9-11 w/commercials it makes impact about 1 hr 25 mins which isn't enough time WWE has raw and smackdown and superstars which allows them to properly build feuds and have storylines for every1

I agree. They would benefit from something similar to how Sunday Night Heat used to be, namely it has three or four matches featuring mid carders in the main event and the undercard being allowed to do their thing in front of the crowd and make a connection, but also filling time by recapping the last week in TNA, namely short highlights of Impact. I used to love watching Heat and I think TNA could do wonders with a one hour recap show with a few matches.

I think if a second show for tna is added put it on thursday or friday people are not home on saturday and sundays really

Vince Russo is part of the problem, the three hundred friends of Hogan coming in, and part 3 is the lack of time to promote what AMAZING talent they really have had since before Hogan or in some cases Ms. Carter. I think the best thing for TNA would be splitting the programming between two shows not branding, just two separate shows. The talent could be used on both shows and titles could be used in both shows. this would give the "rest of the roster" some time to become popular with the fans. This would require new writers and leadership style. I would certainly be more interested in that type of programming. I miss the unexpectedness of the writers of the eighties and nineties. TNA needs to be more open to the fans and their ideas. The WWE doesn't listen to the fans and look at where they are again.

I could see a 2nd show somewhere down the line. but it all hinges on the impact (no pun intended) that Hogan and Bischoff make. I personally think that there are good things coming from Hogan and Bischoff, as long as they dont resurrect the nWo. that would be detrimental to the growth of the new TNA in my opinion. it would reek of the cronyism that killed WCW. for now though, build up the storylines, and slowly recruit more talent, keep the Epics show going, I like that...i didnt start watching impact til like 6 months ago, this way i can see all the legendary matches from the early days

I can't believe how many complained about WWE splitting into 2 shows (now 3), and now yall want TNA to have 2 shows? I'm personally a fan of WWE's branding. However, I do think that TNA needs to have a 2nd show if they want to utilize all their talent. They have too much than they need, IMO. To use everybody, they're going to have to have quite a few multi-man feuds. Not too many how many more damn gimmick matches they will do. I know you aren't talking about branding, but if TNA were to add another show, it would be more beneficial to use branding. That's how WWE competed with itself for a few years, Smackdown vs Raw.

i definatly think TNA needs two shows to showcase all the talent, they have way too many titles and way to many stars. IMO when TNA goes to mondays they should have a split where Jarret takes the thursday slot that he originaly got for TNA and hogan and carter take the new monday show.

i would say have a new 2 hour show monday lead by hogan and carter with the world title, global belt, and tag belt. and on thursday have a one hour impact lead by jarret and foley with the x title, knock out title, and knock out tag titles. and then have mixed ppvs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back