Todays fan

Miko

WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
I was watching an old wrestling video on a certain video website (there that kept the copyright claims away from YouTube) and I was skimming the comments in which one person had written why they think fans dont pop like they used to.

Long and short of it. . . . . . . We suck, its so true, we are critics, we shit all over any idea before its even out of the bag (clever pun on Kanes storyline dont you think).

Imagine if The Undertaker debuted today in the same way he did in whatever year he debuted (replace Ted DiBiase with JBL etc..), we'd all be like "a dead guy, thats fucking ridiculous" and we'd refuse to pop for him and on the off-chance he did get over and they debuted Kane against him we'd all say
"oh great, so now the corpse has a scarred up younger brother and we are led to believe that a short fat guy had a near seven foot son, thats against the basics of genetics"
No doubt the "BORING" chants would start in their match and they would finish the storyline with Taker ripping Kanes mask off and us never seeing him again. Well not all fans are like that, but you get my drift.

I'd have to agree with you. People are fucking negative all the time, just let them bask in the damn glory for once. ROFL @ the Kane pun.

The next time I go to a taping I'm gonna yell loud as hell. If the crowd is dead I'll tell jokes real loud so the whole arena can hear.

Wrestling Fans have become What have you done for me lately people and don't want Storylines to be built it is this Fast Food, Instant Gratification society that we live in these days. Unfortunately.

Eh? It's been an instant gratification society for, like, forty years now. People are negative about wrestling these days because wrestling just isn't very good these days. Simple as.

I try to ignore the negatives as much as possible. But think of it this way, everyone on this forum joined because of their liking towards wrestling. Today's society has changed a lot. Read the newspaper or watch the news on t.v, 90 percent of it is bad news. It's just the way things are unfortunately.

I love wrestling now. Everyone complains about it, but I still love it. Never have I stopped watching it, and never will I. Wrestling is awesome, end of.

I love wrestling now. Everyone complains about it, but I still love it. Never have I stopped watching it, and never will I. Wrestling is awesome, end of.

If everyone were as positve about wrestling as you are, the world would be a great place.

Exactly, when you actually just sit and watch it and not think "right, what can I complain about on tonights broadcast?" you find it very enjoyable.

I sat through a whole episode of TNA on Bravo today and I cant see what everyones problem with it is, its not exactly Attitude Era quality, but fuck me if that didnt have really shit parts as well (Hell in a Kennell anyone?)
The problem is when people see a new angle coming up or something they automatically try to guess where it is going, then get really dissapointed with the outcome that they thought of in theyre head before theyve even seen it pan out.

I agree with you Rusty, the next taping I go to I am gonna cheer the faces and boo the heels until my lungs ache, I dunno what it'll achieve but it sounds like fun

People are negative about wrestling these days because wrestling just isn't very good these days. Simple as.
Disagree.

People ACT negative these days because they think that makes them cool, and somehow "smarter" than another fan. Get a bunch of these fans together, and they'll wreck storylines for the simple reason that they forgot the whole purpose of professional wrestling was for the wrestlers in the ring to entertain, and not for the fans to try and show how "smart" they are.

Get enough of those fans together, and you call them the Internet Wrestling Community.

Disagree.

People ACT negative these days because they think that makes them cool, and somehow "smarter" than another fan. Get a bunch of these fans together, and they'll wreck storylines for the simple reason that they forgot the whole purpose of professional wrestling was for the wrestlers in the ring to entertain, and not for the fans to try and show how "smart" they are.

Get enough of those fans together, and you call them the Internet Wrestling Community.

Lol. I agree with this. But what pisses me off is that they still continue to watch, despite saying they find it boring and bitching about everything.

Lol. I agree with this. But what pisses me off is that they still continue to watch, despite saying they find it boring and bitching about everything.

Thats because apparently, while wrestling isn't up to their standards today, they watch in hope it will be better. Translate, they watch because they think they are smart because Dave Meltzer told them Shelton Benjamin will be feuding with Mr Kennedy soon.

I used to only watch Smackdown, yet for some strange reason, I started to watch Raw again and not Smackdown. Funny, I'm weird like that.

Disagree.

I wouldnt say that, most of these people I would call Youtube idiots, simply because these are the ones that post shit about how the attitude era should come back and WWE should rehire Rock and Austin, usually on Youtube videos. Also dont forget CENA SUKZ!!

Although in fairness I suppose some would call these people the IWC.

I prefer to think of the IWC as a bunch of people who joined a forum because they are wrestling fans and wanted to talk about it with other people, most of the posters here that I talk to seem to be clever enough people who dont fall into the trap of being Youtube idiots. . . . . . or am I just in Fantasy Land?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back