• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA's Tag Division Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was Rhino really good? He's more or less been the same wrestler his whole career.

He was good back when he was in other federations.... and more recently when we was the leader of Frontline for a couple of weeks.

Obviously, that wasn't my argument though, was it? I'd say his current reign has been decently long as well, even though he's never on TV. That's something TNA should really work on.

I don't consider that a very long reign. Long reigns last at around 100 days or more. Perhaps he's not on tv as much because he wants to impress the fans more by saving the more cool looking moves for PPV matches. Since he's bad on the mic, that is the best way to keep him over right now.

Why, what's wrong with it?
I'm a Cena mark. We would disagree with everything it says. You're entitled to your opinion though.

It was just plain stupid. The fans didn't know whether or not they should cheer for him and he didn't have one decent feud while he was champ. Maybe against Kurt, but the whole things was just so confusing and handled completely wrong.
I'll admit he could have had better feuds, but it was still a decent title reign. He should have kept the belt until AJ got it. Foley's reign was pointless and Kurt's didn't last long enough to be any good.

Yoko was a multi time WWF Champion and one of the most athletic big men in the history of wrestling.
He was also incredibly boring.

I meant Guns as in Homicide and Suicide's odd ring names.
Yes.... those ring names alone would make the feud interesting....

No, he's a comedy jobber 5 lyfe, worse than Santino.
How is Lethal worse than Santino?

Dutt was ok, the feud was ok too. At leas it sorta made some sense. Just went on too long.
Dutt was awful. He was boring until that feud, and once it began he quickly became my last favorite TNA wrestler ever.

A better question is "Who cares?"
An even better question is "Why?".

Hardcore=You'll be around for awhile and be pushed more than you deserve. Abyss is rather shit, but he still got a World Title. Foley is well past his prime, but still got a world title.

No.... hardcore = you do more damage to your body and thus are NOT around for as long. Once again, you're thinking of ECW. Not everyone in TNA who gets pushed does so for being hardcore. They all have other skills, other than Abyss who is pretty much nothing but hardcore matches. Foley only got the world title because his contract probably promised it.

West is better than Taz, did you watch TNA when West was commentator? He was actually entertaining. Just because TNA did something, doesn't mean their opinion is right, you damn shareholder.

You're one of the few. The majority of fans HATED the Tenay/West commentary team. Especially on here. I remember reading so many rants about that on this forum as far back as summer of 2008, which is when I started watching TNA regularly, although I had been watching before.

No one has nostrils that powerful.

I was making a point about how one-sided the overkill victory in that would have been.

Yes, I'd rather watch a West/JB match than a 3D match at the moment, that's how much they suck.

You're once again making the problem worse. Why are you complaining about how you think the division "sucks" but yet you want to insert one of the most awful ideas for a tag team ever into the mix only to make the division be taken less seriously than WWE's?

Reactions: gd
Well, all three members of the British Invastion just lost to Chris Sabin in a 3 on 1 handicap match. Correction: all three members of the British Invasion just lost to Christ Sabin in a 3 on 1 handicap match cleanly. If TNA's intention in this match was to show how awful Rob Terry is and make the reigning TNA World Tag Team Champions look like a couple of weak punks in the middle of a lame duck championship reign, then mission accomplished. So yeah, perfect example of why TNA's tag division sucks right now.

I know that the tag team division in TNA looks pretty grim at the moment, but at least they have a respectable amount of legit tag teams unlike the WWE at the moment. The problem with TNA's tag team division is that they're pushing the wrong guys. The smart thing to do would be to shake it up a bit by replacing either Brutus Magnus or Doug Williams for Big Rob, or have Big rob go solo instead. Split Team 3D up, or have them at the helm for their own stable. Another suggestion would be to send the IWGP tag titles back to Japan because I find that having 2 separate tag titles in a company that doesn't do brand extensions like the WWE is impractical.

I know that the tag team division in TNA looks pretty grim at the moment, but at least they have a respectable amount of legit tag teams unlike the WWE at the moment.

Having lots of tag teams on the roster isn't the same thing as having a good tag team division. In the WWE, it's true that the DX/JeriShow feud is the only relevant thing happening in the WWE's tag team scene. That being said, it's also head and shoulders more interesting than anything and everything going on in TNA's tag team division.

Another suggestion would be to send the IWGP tag titles back to Japan because I find that having 2 separate tag titles in a company that doesn't do brand extensions like the WWE is impractical.

I agree with you there. Counting the IWGP tag titles, TNA currently has 3 different tag team championships on its roster right now. The IWGP tag titles are little more than props in TNA, the TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship is irrelevant since there's not really any other compotent or coherant women's team in TNA other than Taylor Wilde & Sarita. And, to top it off, TNA hasn't really done all that much to brag about with the TNA tag titles either.

The thing about TNA's Tag division is that the matches don't always go the same way. When I say that, I mean that the matches don't go like this.
Lets say it's MCMG vs Beer Money.
Alex Shelly gets stuck in the corner early in the match, somehow he gets a tag, Chris either loses to a dirty pin or gets the clean win.
TNA's tag matches are truely unpredictable. When I hear that a tag match is coming on, i don't change the channel for about 10 minutes. I stay and watch it because the matches go completly crazy. Take the Team 3D, Rhyno, and Jesse Neal vs Hernandez, Suicide, and Matt Morgon. That would be a Pay-per-view WWE match. In TNA, that match was just an every week thing.

Bottom line: TNA's Tag Matches are the backbone due to it's superstar performances and the stakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back