• King of the Mountain match

• Barbed Wire massacre match

• Hard 10 match

• Ultimate X match

• Monsters Ball match

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Okay, TNA have been around for 8 years now and they have created some amazing matches, and also lets me honest some dull matches. What I want to know is what you think is their greatest invention.

Fans Revenge Lumberjack match - Not the best match created by TNA, fans are equipped with straps and can take their anger out on the wrestlers.

Elevation X match - This is just like a scaffold match, two scaffolds above the ring forming an ‘X’ and the way to win is throw your opponent off.

3 Degrees of Pain match - Just like three stages of hell, or as wwe call it, ‘two out of three falls’. All three falls must be contested with a different match stipulation.

Feast or Fired match - A basic pole match, however the 4 briefcases consist of contracts, the contracts include World title shot, Tag title shot, X division title shot and the other one tells you your fired. The match usually has up to 8 participants and the way to win is to grab the case and leave the ring with both feet touching the floor.

Six Sides of Steel match - This is just a standard steel cage match, but because of the 6-sided ring, TNA built this match to be more brutal. Now it is just a 4-sided cage like normal.

Lethal Lockdown - This is a war games match. Contested in a steel cage annually at Lockdown ppv, sometimes been used on iMPACT. Lethal Lockdown consists of a single ring enclosed by a steel cage with two teams facing off with each other. The staggered entry system is identical, but weapons are permitted and are even provided. When all competitors have entered the ring, a roof is lowered onto the top of the cage, with various weapons hanging from it. Victory can be attained by pinfall or submission.

Xscape match - This match is also held annually at Lockdown. This variation of the Lockdown Match has 4-6 competitors and is a two stage process. The first stage is a standard pin/submission elimination contest, with eliminated wrestlers leaving the cage through the door until there are only two wrestlers left. The last two competitors then face off; the only way to win at this stage is to climb out of the cage all the way to the floor. On some occasions all competitors are in at once trying to get win by escaping the cage.

King of the Mountain match - Also described as a ‘reverse ladder match’, instead of retrieving an object hanging above the ring, the winner is the first person to use a ladder to hang a championship belt above the ring—after having scored a pinfall or submission (pinfalls count anywhere) to earn the right to try. A wrestler who has been pinned or forced to submit must spend two minutes in a penalty box. Held annually at Slammiversary.

Barbed Wire Massacre - .TNA’s version of ‘No rope barbed wire death match.’ Regular ring ropes are removed from the ring in this match, and barbed wire is strung up in their place. The first match of this kind was between Sabu and Abyss at TNA Turning Point 2005. It was voted Match of the Year by TNA fans on tnawrestling.com. The second Barbed Wire Massacre Match occurred at TNA's Against All Odds 2008 PPV with Abyss defeating Judas Mesias.

Hard 10 match - This is a tournament match, also known as ‘Dup Cup’, created by TNA. It is contested on a points system, where the points are earned for the use of weapons. The first person to earn ten points—and be up by at least two points—wins. Regular strikes with a weapon are worth one point, while putting an opponent through a table is worth five.

Ultimate X match - The Ultimate X match is a type of professional wrestling match created by Total Non-stop Action Wrestling (TNA), mainly used in their X Division. It is considered the "signature match of the X Division." Ultimate X is usually contested by three wrestlers of the X Division. Two cables, connected to metal structures rising from the four corners of the ring, cross 15 feet above the middle of the ring. Similar to a ladder match, an object (usually a championship belt or a large red "X") is suspended from where the cables cross. The winner is the first person to take possession of the hung object.

Monsters Ball match - The key premise of the match was that all contenders are sequestered alone in a locked room without light, food or water for twenty-four hours before the match. This stipulation is intended to induce extreme feelings of aggression in the competitors. Once released, the wrestlers fight one another in a no disqualification match, with the usage of weapons encouraged. Victory can be achieved by pinfall or submission, with the match ending as soon as one wrestler is pinned or submits (there is no elimination format). The locked away stipulation was simply forgotten about, however, and not mentioned since the 6th one. It is now simply a Street Fight, as the match has to end inside the Ring.

I think I have covered them all, but if you feel I have missed some, please note.

For me it would have to be..… Ultimate X match, that’s just got to be the best, no ladders allowed, you have to climb the ropes to retrieve the X or title, unless you try what Team 3D did, having one of them on the others shoulders…lol..X division wrestlers have made this match arguably the best on TNA ever. Always look forward to this match, always high spots, high-flyers flying everywhere, it’s just non-stop action and entertainment.

Now there are some that I think are utter-bullshit, e.g. Monster ball match, seriously expect us to believe the wrestlers are going to spend a night without light, food and water, come on!!
Another would have to be Hard 10, wtf…what kind of match is this, it’s not a game show is it?

The Lethal Lockdown is a good match with some brutal spots, the king of the mountain is good, but it can get confusing, I mean just read the description. The rest I think are pretty decent.

There you go, my opinion on TNA greatest invention would be Ultimate X…

WHATS YOURS?

I'd have to agree with you on that one and go with the Ultimate X match.

Sometimes it seems like TNA is its own worst enemy when it comes to creating matches because they add so many stipulations to one match that it gets confusing. For example, I really like that in the King of the Mountain match you have to 'earn' the right to go for the title by pinfall or submission. It adds to the match in my opinion. However, then you have the overkill stipulations of the penalty box and the hanging of the belt.

There are so many other TNA matches that have a great premise but for no reason whatsoever they have an extra stipulation thrown in and it ends up not making any sense. However, with Ultimate X they've foregone the wacky additional stips and kept it relatively simple, which allows this match type to be the best TNA invention ever.

Ultimate x is probably the best invention in any company.
It is amazing to watch the moves that everyone does in that match.

Ultimate X will, deservedly, landslide this poll. You did miss terrordome which is interesting but seems to be tough for wrestlers to get out of so we might not see it much anymore. About half of those are not exactly "invented" anyway. King of the mountain is an exciting match. I would probably rate it second. It is the last holdout of the many reversetype matches tna used to have and that is not necessarily a bad thing. It was the one that worked the best in spite of being a little complicated. I also think feast or fired deserves an honorable mention. The feast part is not all that innovative but the fired part and the variety makes it a useful tool in storyline development.

I would have to say that the Ultimate X match is the best one also. These guy's that wrestle those come out beat all to hell. It's not a easy match, and they put their carreers on the line evertime. The matches look amazing also, with all the crazy moves from above.

The worst one was that backwards royal rumble match... seriously that was a really terrible match type lol.

The best by a very long shot would be the Ultimate X, when combined with the right talent and time, they have been none to do some amazing feats and it's a really great match to watch almost every year.

Ultimate X is the easy choice for this one. It is innovative and actually fun to watch. Monster's Ball is essentially another name for a street fight as stated and looking at the other choices it's easy to see why a lot of people view TNA as second rate. A lot of the matches are things already done under a different banner.

The worst in my opinion is the King of the Mountain match. It takes longer to explain that cluster fuck than it does for the match to actually take place.

I keep waiting on TNA to release the "CONCEPT CONCEPT MATCH!" I can hear the promo for it now....."6,000 POUNDS OF STEEL, 2 BARRELS OF NACHO CHEESE, 3 SAFES, 1 KEY, 15 DRY ERASE BOARDS; 20 MEN ENTER AND NONE LEAVE WITH THEIR DIGNITY."

I'm not even a TNA basher but let's be realistic here. Doomsday Chamber of Blood? Give me a fucking break.

I'm confused about KOTM. Why HANG the belt? The point of the ladder match is to take the belt DOWN and claim it as yours. Hanging it seems to put it up for grabs, not claim it. Just a small little quirk I have with it. I do like the penalty box idea, if you get pinned, you can't compete for 2 minutes. Just rename the box.

Monster's Ball WAS great when the kept the locked up idea. I'd love to see Jeff Hardy in a MB now. 24 hours with out meth would make his go batshit insane lol

u did forget about the steel asylum which is always a good match, but i will still have to agree with everyone else and go with the ultimate x

HEY YOU FORGOT THE CLOCKWORK ORANGE MATCH RAVEN HAD...or did he invent it in WCW? fuck it's been so long since WCW I can't remember lol. I remember this match type because Raven named it after one of my favourite movies. If I'm not mistaken there's one side of a cage filled with weapons.....and that's all I remember

The Penalty box in the King Of The Mountain match is important because it gives a reason for a wrestler NOT to get pinned in the match. Otherwise, why kick out if there is no consequence?

Steel Asylum match (Terror Dome) is an excellent idea, even in practice it sometimes does not work if the winner can't climb out (Homicide).

Personally, I'm not really a fan of most of these matches. They tend to be either spotfests or clusterfucks, neither of which tend to be all that memorable. However, if I had to pick one, it would probably be Ultimate X. Once upon a time, the X Division is what ultimately put TNA on the map and made TNA stand out from its peers. In the past, the X Division was seen by many as the overall heart and soul of TNA. While the X Division is a pale shadow of its former self, Ultimate X just seems to be one of the few aspects of the original TNA that still feels original.

It's not a concept that gets overly used or is seen very often. TNA sometimes does variations of cage matches, hardcore matches, matches with 6 or more participants, etc. but Ultimate X has a fresher feel about it for me personally. Not many of them are overly memorable, as there's so much energy going around that you forget what happened 10 minutes after the match ends, but they're fun to watch while they're going on.

I'm confused about KOTM. Why HANG the belt? The point of the ladder match is to take the belt DOWN and claim it as yours. Hanging it seems to put it up for grabs, not claim it. Just a small little quirk I have with it. I do like the penalty box idea, if you get pinned, you can't compete for 2 minutes. Just rename the box.

Monster's Ball WAS great when the kept the locked up idea. I'd love to see Jeff Hardy in a MB now. 24 hours with out meth would make his go batshit insane lol

I almost wrote something like you did about hanging the belt in KOTM but when I thought about it more the interactions with the belt before and on the ladder add a little something different to the match that is worth the oddity IMO.

I'm confused about KOTM. Why HANG the belt? The point of the ladder match is to take the belt DOWN and claim it as yours. Hanging it seems to put it up for grabs, not claim it. Just a small little quirk

Why hang the belt? It's simple. Very simple. TNA took a stale match and tried to liven it up. Do you like it? NO. Do I like it? No. But, at least they were trying something new.

I can tell you don't know shit about meth, and that's a good thing. 24 hours isn't long enough to have a reaction like what you speak of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back