Feud Ending Gimmick Matches

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Hell in a Cell is WWE's be-all end-all match for any story that has become that damn personal. But what about TNA? TNA has been in an uprise for a while and it just had me wondering? In what kind of match could a personal feud like the one Styles/Angle had end? Six Sides Of Steel? The match is kinda rare but there's an entire PPV dedicaded to it. Ultimate X? Of course not this is a match for showcasing athletism, not to mention that not everyone can work in it (poor Bubba). Elevation X? Maybe, but we haven't seen it in a while? How about a 2 man Lethal Lockdown? For me at least it could work. Weapons. A ceiling you can climb up on and continue to destroy each other. The cage of course. Escaping it does no good. The works.

What match would you recommend for an ultra-personal rivalry coming to an end? Maybe an existing one? Or maybe a completely new and devastating idea?

hear me out on this but since he returned we should see his matches again make there return and i am talking about the man called RAVEN. His matches that he created from the deepest darkest corner of that sick mind. I am talking about the Clockwork house of Orange match, Monster's Ball, Hangman's Horror, the match of 10,000 tacks those matches i haven't seen in awhile minus monster's ball but come on you want a match that can end a storyline those matches can and could end any career. I mean who wouldn't want to see maybe the Angel/Wolf storyline end in a hangman's horror match or maybe Beer Money Inc. and the British Invision go into a match of 10,000 tacks or how about this Lashey and Steiner in a clockwork house of orange match those matches would be awesome to see

The original Monster's Ball match is the one truly great match for ending a feud in TNA. Matches like Ultimate X and Elevation X are used all the time for X Division title matches, and are rarely involved in ending a feud. The other ones were all used far too little to be considered a regular feud ending match.

Monster's Ball was great because it meant that 2 (or 4) guys got to the point that it was more than a match, and all about tearing your opponent to shreds, physically and mentally.

Six Sides Of Steel would be great to end a feud, but it seems to be a catapult for most of them.

I think this match Angle and Wolfe are having at Final Resolution could be the next great "feud ender" for TNA. These two have been at it since literally the moment Wolfe arrived, and they now get the big pay-per-view payoff.

Picture two guys like Morgan and AJ having this match at Victory Road, or Angle and Joe having this match at Destination X. It would be huge. As long as TNA keeps it pay-per-view exclusive, and doesn't do one at every big show, this could really work.

What match would you recommend for an ultra-personal rivalry coming to an end? Maybe an existing one? Or maybe a completely new and devastating idea?

Completely new devastating ideas are difficult to come up with because so many types of matches already exist. I think many of the already existing types of matches where weapons are legal are the best for an ultra-personal rivalry coming to an end. Any of the match types with weapons in them work great because if the rivalry has gotten so personal then it is believable for the fans that the wrestlers would want to rely on more than just in ring ability to inflict pain on their opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back