• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA's Expanding Schedule and Kurt Angle

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Now, as we all know, TNA are in the process of building up their own block of shows on Spike every Thursday night. Many have noted that this is an attempt to build up some credibility in the shows before the shows are eventually switched to another night. Xpolsion, I think it is called, is likely to be the show that will be switched will likely be moved to another night, like Tuesday or something. Now, this is all part of the expansion that TNA having been trying to complete for a long period of time, at least since Hogan took over anyway.

A lot of people have noted that anoter show ill allow TNA to fully show of some of it's massive roster and that another hour of TNA will help build some new stars. Really, it is step one in the plan for TNA's world domination efforts. They already tour the globe and I am sure there was just a tour in the UK a little while ago. This agin, is another expansion that TNA will look to build upon. The WWE is a great business model for TNA and if they can do what the WWE does, then more power to them.

Kurt Angle, on the other hand, is someone who bowed out of the WWE, citing that he would have liked a limited workload and that TNA was the place that could offer that to him. I am sure it was half of the reason that Rob Van Dam decided to join TNA too. Now, with all of the potential expansion that is going on in TNA, are we likely to see pissed of superstars that are happy with the limited workload that they have in TNA? As TNA become a more global brand, are we likely to see the allure of TNA's reduced workload slip away? I mean, people all over the world want to see RVD and Kurt Angle. However, that means moving closer to the schedule that the WWE employs.

I guess what I am asking is, with all of the expansion planned for TNA, are we likely to have people leave TNA because of the workload?

No, what we're likely to see is guys like Angle, Sting and RVD helping to elevate the younger talent that will undoubtedly carry TNA when the aforementioned (and more) retire full-time like AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Kazarian, Jay Lethal, etc.

As a means of growing, their job won't be to continue carrying the company once they've reached that global point they want to grow to – their job will be to help the younger guys get to the point that they're capable of doing so in their places.

One thing many seem to be overlooking about xplosion is that they already film this show regardless. It just used to not air in the US. So nothing is changing that much there, at least at first. If they tape it anyway they might as well get some more bang for their buck if spike is interested. As far as expanding I am sure those guys would love the company to get more exposure so they can make some more cash or possibly get noticed for movies. TNA could expand a lot and still be nowhere near a WWE schedule. I think this whole old people taking a break, mailing it in and collecting a fat check in TNA is so far overblown. Why would RVD pull double duty at the PPV and the next night on impact if he was some lazy pothead looking for an easy check? Any workload concerns are extremely premature at this point IMO. Right now they are taping one maybe two days a month instead of every week and still have far less live shows and tours.

That's a great question Dave, while I do think that there might be some overall backstage heat and some discussions based on the fact that TNA is most likely gonna expand the workload on the majority of the wrestlers.

I don't believe Kurt Angle for one will be one of the people to leave the company due to that, as far as I remember Kurt Angle left WWE due to some problems with addiction to pain killers, and his refusal to go to rehab because he wanted to rehab on the road, and that he went to TNA / stayed with TNA due to the workload he now had.

I do believe Kurt Angle, in WWE, as well as TNA can get a limited work schedule, just like Jeff Hardy and RVD has I believe, and that there's a chance he will have some limited across the globe tours instead of a full schedule like some superstars chooses to have.

A guy like RVD on the other hand could very well be getting a little fuzzy over the whole fact that his work load might very well be expanded, but I don't see why it's not something that all of the wrestlers can cope with, sure they're getting older, but a guy like Undertaker, a guy like Triple H and Batista has put time into doing such trips across the globe for a longer period of time, Kurt Angle has as well, and I do not see why he can't continue to do it.

Besides while has done a (perhaps some, I'm not too sure) tour(s) in Europe, primary in the United Kingdom due to their large fan base there, I do not see it just yet happening in the large aspect that WWE puts on their shows, they go there a decent amount of times during a year from my understanding.

Overall I do not see the bigger problem in it, it will create a little bit of tension, a little bit of fuzzing and buzzing, but ultimately, people will most likely cope with the situation and ultimately follow suit.

Angle, Hardy, RVD have nothing to fear. I'm sure they are not concerned.

Until TNA have a major second show, their workload will not increase. The second show should be focussed on establishing X Division, Knockout and mid-card talent.

So just like Heat benefitted those in the lower-card on Raw (had a of Hardcore title matches etc) Xplosion should focus on those who are not guaranteed time on Impact and a pay-per-view match.

I don't think there will be an increase in workload for alot of the TNA superstars. It is very unlikely that Kurt Angle, Sting, or any of the older main event guys in TNA will be making many appearances on Xplosion!. Xplosion! is not a new show. It is actually the first free TV show that TNA aired. It used to come on networks like the Sunshine Network in Florida and some other regional sports networks. It used to recap and promote TNA's weekly PPVs. IMPACT! came next when it started airing on Fox Sports Net. TNA will more than likely tape Xplosion! prior to or after the IMPACT! tapings.

Being from England, where we have had the Xplosion show for quite a while, I do not see it as an expansion that the show will now be shown in the USA too. For me, basically Xplosion is like WWE Superstars or as mentioned above like WWF Heat. Main event stars rarely feature on these shows, it is for mid-carders to prove themselves and maybe get over with the crowd before receiving a push that will be acceptable and not feel like it is being pushed onto the crowd without it actually getting over (either heel or face).

Also, what with the X Division not featuring on Impact as much as it used too, perhaps now that Xplosion will be shown in the USA too it could have a regular spot on there as I think most fans want more of this Division and could keep the fans happy while also keeping the seemed priority of wrestling on the main show.

If they're filming another show in Florida it won't be much of an issue. If TNA expects guys like Angle, Foley, Nash, and Sting to go on the road for house shows they may be disappointed. Those guys signed on for the more limited schedule and will probably stick to television tapings primarily.

For now, nothing will change. Xplosion is filmed before and after iMPACT! so a few added promos added to the match won't be a big deal. However if in the coming years, the idea is to take shows on the road, then maybe. First you gotta ask a few question.

* Will iMPACT! be live?
* Will Xplosion be taped the same night as iMPACT!?
* Will the number of House Shows increase?
* Will there be more international tours?

I really doubt they will go all out to reach WWE's level of hectic schedule. I know that produces money, but at the same time that means spending it. So for the coming years, maybe 3 or so, TNA will keep the schedule to its current level while they get a higher revenue. Maybe taking the PPV's and a few tapings on the road, but not all of them.

People also have to realize that a lighter schedule doesn't necessarily mean less ring time then the WWE (although it certainly could). Why a lot of these guys go to TNA is so they don't have to live on the road. Even if they had four shows, as long as they were all taped in the Impact Zone in a lets say two day period, I am sure it wouldn't matter to much. Guys like Kurt and RVD just don't want to spend 6 hours traveling, stopping for a show, sleeping in a hotel, waking up early and then traveling another 6 hours for the next show. That takes a huge toll on a body.

I don't know where Kurt or RVD currently live but they very likely may live close to the Impact Zone. Even if they don't, even if they live in lets say Texas they can at least go, tape shows, then go back home for a few days before traveling back to Florida for a taping, still a lot less travel. Granted you have tours once in a while, but still no where as much as the WWE.

Now, as we all know, TNA are in the process of building up their own block of shows on Spike every Thursday night. Many have noted that this is an attempt to build up some credibility in the shows before the shows are eventually switched to another night. Xpolsion, I think it is called, is likely to be the show that will be switched will likely be moved to another night, like Tuesday or something. Now, this is all part of the expansion that TNA having been trying to complete for a long period of time, at least since Hogan took over anyway.

A lot of people have noted that anoter show ill allow TNA to fully show of some of it's massive roster and that another hour of TNA will help build some new stars. Really, it is step one in the plan for TNA's world domination efforts. They already tour the globe and I am sure there was just a tour in the UK a little while ago. This agin, is another expansion that TNA will look to build upon. The WWE is a great business model for TNA and if they can do what the WWE does, then more power to them.

Kurt Angle, on the other hand, is someone who bowed out of the WWE, citing that he would have liked a limited workload and that TNA was the place that could offer that to him. I am sure it was half of the reason that Rob Van Dam decided to join TNA too. Now, with all of the potential expansion that is going on in TNA, are we likely to see pissed of superstars that are happy with the limited workload that they have in TNA? As TNA become a more global brand, are we likely to see the allure of TNA's reduced workload slip away? I mean, people all over the world want to see RVD and Kurt Angle. However, that means moving closer to the schedule that the WWE employs.

I guess what I am asking is, with all of the expansion planned for TNA, are we likely to have people leave TNA because of the workload?

:worship: Dave for poster of the year.

Now, moving along here. I do NOT think that any of the guys who came to TNA to lessen their workload will have anything to worry about. I dunno much of TNA's plans for Xplosion but I'm guessing that none of the top stars (Hardy, RVD, Angle etc.) will be appearing on them that often. I dont think TNA will ever have a schedule anywhere near as hectic and tedious as WWE's and as long as it stays that way, I dont think any wrestler on the TNA roster will have any complaints.

I doubt that we will see guys like RVD and Angle leave just because of a few shows added to the lineup. TNA does do a lot of touring and are even planning on going back to the UK and touring India. The other shows TNA have mainly focus on the younger stars I presume. Angle, Hardy, and RVD have even been involved in some house shows lately. They may have a expanded schedule, but I'm sure it will be nowhere near WWE's schedule of up to 300 dates a year.

If TNA does get to that point if ever, Angle, Sting, Hogan, Flair, RVD, and Hardy will either be retired or working for the WWE. I don't think we will see a TNA schedule as advanced as WWE for a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back