• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Kurt Angle's Best Match in TNA?

nbieclkl91

Quote the Raven, nevermore.
TNA Hardcore Justice 2007, one of TNA's many ppv's of the year and to me, a ppv that held one of the best matches in TNA history. That night, we saw Kurt Angle vs Samoa Joe with the stipulation being that EVERY TNA TITLE was on the line!

Kurt Angle going into the match was TNA World Heavyweight Champion and IWPG Heavyweight Champion while Samoa Joe was the TNA X-Division Champion and holder of both TNA Tag Team Titles. The match ultimately ended up with Kurt Angle getting the win and thus holding every single title available to him in TNA.

The match itself was pheonominal and the promos leading up to it had me super excited for the ppv. (Something TNA hasn't done in a while...)

This to me was Kurt Angle's best match in TNA.

Let me know yours.

the 1st of like 3 matches with aj styles for the tna world heavyweight title when styles was the champ. it was back and forth action and very intense. we saw an angle slam off the top rope and aj kicked out. then we saw the styles clash off the top rope and angle kicked out. aj hit the springboard 450 splash twice and angle kicked out of both of them. i found myself chanting "this is awesome" during the 1st 5 minutes of the match

Wow - that's like asking me for my favorite song or film, impossible to pick one so I'll go with a selection in no particular order (I've also stuck with clean finish matches, no matter how good a bout is - it suffers if the finish is screwy).

MMA match Vs Samoa Joe - proof that blurring the line between MMA and pro wrestling can be done successfully (I'm talking to you Jarrett). I think this would be my favorite of the Joe/ Angle matches.

X-Division Title Match Vs Jay Lethal - fantastic David versus Goliath storytelling as the no chance challenger Lethal overcomes all odds to cleanly pin Angle.

Falls Count Anywhere Vs Abyss - hardcore master class from a man not normally associated with this style.

Three Degrees of Pain Vs Desmond Wolfe - proof that TNA creative are massively cocking up the former Mr McGuinness' career, an absolute pure wrestling dream match.

World Title Match on Hulk Hogan's first night Vs AJ Styles - just stunning and had a clean finish.

Steel Cage Match Vs Mr Anderson - brutal match, he fully deserved his break after this match.

Hard to decide and I'm a huge Kurt Angle fan. I'd have have to say Kurt Angle vs AJ Styles the episode on impact for the world title the match went on for like a good 30 mins. Aj nailed both the syles clash and the 450 splash and Kurt still kicked out. Kurt nailed angle slam after angle slam and still kicked out, I was on the edge of my seat for the time ever I couldn't figure out who would win. That was wrestling in it's finest

I can't remember exactly the date that this happened, but it was pretty early on I think during Styles' run as TNA World Heavyweight Champion. They wrestled a 20 minute clinic on iMPACT! that may very well have been the last truly excellent singles match I've seen on TNA iMPACT!. It was extremely competitive, great back and forth action and it went to the 20 minute time limit draw.

It was one of those matches that you didn't wanna see come to an end and one in which you didn't really want either guy to lose because they were doing such a phenomenal job. Because of that, I honestly didn't mind the match ending in a time limit draw. The match was pretty damn close to perfect and was most definitely a match of the year contender in 2009.

Damn, There's just so many that this is almost Impossible for me to answer but I'll try to name a few...

The first one I'm going to go with is AJ Styles VS Kurt Angle on the January 4th 2010 edition of Impact, That was just an amazing match with so much back and forth action and told a great story with there history.

His matches against Mr Anderson earlier this year were outstanding especially the steel cage match that match was F***ing Insane and that moonsault of the cage was epic.

And finally his three degrees of pain match with Desmond Wolfe, Everyone of there matches towards the end of 2009 were great but this one stands out to me for some reason.

I can't end this post without at least mentioning his matches with Joe during 2007 and 2008 because they had an outstanding feud with Many great matches.

woah, I don't know where to go with this one as there is too many. people have already said some with joe, styles and the one I would have definitely said...3 degrees of pain with desmond wolf. All of angles matches and feuds are amazing, I enjoyed his feud with anderson especially that promo that involved an anderson beatdown by the "army" at the end. When it comes to angle matches I don't know where to start...I cant decide. Since I have to for this thread...and still can't decide....I'll say 2. One of the for sure was BFG 07 kurt vs sting. The other one...I can't remember what year or what ppv but it was angle vs styles in a last man standing match....TNA was kinda using ecw mexican death match rules. Angle pulled off a flip dive from the top of the entrance stage. I wand to say it was at a hard justice ppv

I felt the January 4th live Impact match between AJ Styles and Kurt Angle was Kurt's best match to date, despite Kurt not coming out victorious. TNA deserves credit as this match wasn’t rushed, short, and it had a lot of wrestling for a free television match up for the title. I don't like the idea of giving away free title matches on TV, but this worked because of the importance of establishing the product.

Angle looked hurt towards the end of this match up, and yet Styles was still having a hard time putting him away. Styles hit the Styles Clash, and only got a near fall. He attempted another, but Angle pulled off as great reversal into the Ankle Lock. Styles made it to the ropes, and Ric Flair came out to the ramp to watch this match first hand.

Styles fought Angle off, hit the Pele, and followed with the sweetest 450 splash I’ve seen in a long time. The match continued with some great counters by both men, and a lot of near falls. I’m not into the big near falls, as I think it kind of ruins finishers for people, but it showed the heart and fight of Angle. Styles finally hit a great springboard splash and Angle was done.

Both men sold like crazy for one another, and the nearfalls were believable and well done. Kurt looked like the wrestling machine of old, and the only person that could have beaten him was AJ. This obviously set up the rematch for Kurt and AJ at Genesis, where AJ turned heel. But this was my favorite Kurt Angle match in TNA to this point, just for the near falls and the heart Angle showed in this match. Its hard to pick just one honestly, but this sticks out the most. The chemistry between AJ and Angle is off the charts, and they delivered here with their best match together to date.

His match with Joe at Lockdown is my favorite Angle match and up there as my favorite match in TNA all time. The match itself delivered but what made it so great was the build up to the match itself and the feud between the guys being so well done.

This is way off the wall, but my favorite Angle match is one I witnessed live at the Impact Zone, Angle vs Amazing Red. It was a hell of a match and Angle made Red look good which is the mark of a great wrestler. Red pulled a lot of moves on Angle that looked credible, of course Angle's moves looked great. Angle has had so many great matches, but this one stood out because Angle is one of the biggest guys on TNA's roster and red is no doubt the smallest and they still both put on a great performance.

Ric-Flair.jpg

This is way off the wall, but my favorite Angle match is one I witnessed live at the Impact Zone, Angle vs Amazing Red. It was a hell of a match and Angle made Red look good which is the mark of a great wrestler. Red pulled a lot of moves on Angle that looked credible, of course Angle's moves looked great. Angle has had so many great matches, but this one stood out because Angle is one of the biggest guys on TNA's roster and red is no doubt the smallest and they still both put on a great performance.

Not that off the wall, Angle is off a small enough stature and is that good a seller that he can really pull of the chart performances against the small high flyers (ala Rey). I only wish Brother Rey and Double J could see this thread as it was sad to see Red's treatment this last couple of Impacts. Great choice!

Some of my fave Kurt Angle matches are The 1st 3 he had with Samoa Joe. I think it was lockdown 2008 where him and Joe had the mma/pro wrestling match. Another gem is Kurt Angle vs Christian Cage from against all odds 2007. I think it was that same year that he had a match where he lost the X division title to Jay Lethal that also was a good one. He also had a good last man standing match with Aj Styles. I seen the match he had with Jeff jarrett at genies 2009 the other day and that is the only time that I saw Jarrett as a main eventer. I think it was the Jan 4th impact where Angle had the 20min time limit draw with Aj Styles that was MOTY imo @ that point lol His 3 stages of hell with Desmond Wolfe is another classic. Another good one that I didn't have much hope for at the time was Angle vs Matt Morgan at bound for glory 08. Angles cage match at lockdown this year is another good one along with the match he had with Jeff Hardy at no surrender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back