TNA Xplosion

One to Remember

Championship Contender
I've been reading alot about how a major problem for TNA is the lack of face time for certain wrestlers and a lack of build up to pay per views. WWE had at one point Raw, Smackdown, ECW, Raw AM, and Superstars. That right there is seven hours and fifteen minutes worth of programming. In 1999 WCW was showing Nitro, Thunder, Saturday Nite, and Worldwide.That was six to seven hours of programming right there.

I think TNA Xplosion can take some of the load off for the company. But what is the current status of Xplosion? I last viewed an episode of it during a four hour wrestling block that aired on a network here that was formally UPN and years later MyNetwork. It's slot was squeezed in between Wildside and I think EMLL. It reminded me of WWF Jakked kinda.

Xplosion first aired on october 5, 2002. I was shocked to read on the wikipedia artcle that it was still airing since I first seen it in 2004. Part oof the reason why I did not see it anymore is because it only airs i foreign countries like the UK and Canada.

I think an xtra hour or two a week can showcase more stars. I think the shows internationak reach should be used to boost TNA's international profile. THis could help in markets WWE neglects most of the time. I think the tv title should also be featured prominently with all heavyweight championship bouts for pay per view only. What role do you think TNA's original tv show can play?

tna could use a second program it would help alot tna has a pretty solid roster right now

one of the main problems is spike thse are the same guys mad a dixie carter for not hireing kevin nash,the same kevin nash who got injured in wwe recently that helped kill wcw and never dyed his hair or stayed in shape for past tna performances

if th epeople at spike watched the rise and fall of wcw they would be chaseing vince ruusoo and kevin nash out of there a long time ago

It an international show that allows the wrestlers who dont make it onto Impact to actually wrestle on TV. Why the fuck teams like the British Invasion, Pope and Kazarian are dumped on here while crap like Mexican America and Ink Inc get on Impact is beyond me. Infact Magnus won a competition where he has the right to a shot at any title. Will TNA actually let him use it? Doubtful, although he may lose a Tag Title match on Xplosion at some point.

I agree that TNA needs to add a new original show in America but it doesn't seem like Spike wants this or TNA is just not pushing/selling the idea correctly.

Finally if you watch Xplosion you will notice that all it is at the moment is 1 match under crappy mood lighting (think Sin Cara), a TNA spin Cycle and a match from a past PPV (this is my favourite bit as it reminds me just how good TNA was). If TNA is to add a new show in America it NEEDS to be a 100% new and original. not just replays of Impact and old highlights.

tna could use a second program it would help alot tna has a pretty solid roster right now

one of the main problems is spike thse are the same guys mad a dixie carter for not hireing kevin nash,the same kevin nash who got injured in wwe recently that helped kill wcw and never dyed his hair or stayed in shape for past tna performances

if th epeople at spike watched the rise and fall of wcw they would be chaseing vince ruusoo and kevin nash out of there a long time ago

A quick point on this. During his last months in TNA, Nash was in great shape. He was saying it was the best shape of his life. Obviously his bottom half is a write-off, but from the waist up he looked in good nick. I don't think him not dying his hair is an indication of a lack of effort. He looked fucking ridiculous coming back to WWE at his age with his hair that colour. Also, I doubt "the people at Spike" have the time nor the inclination to watch a WWE-spun DVD about a company 10 years gone. People in high places probably tend to make their own minds up as opposed to listening to propaganda.

Anyways, back on topic (seeing as though Nash has nothing to do with the price of cheese) Xplosion could be a good show. It could be a valuable show. The last time I watched it on Challenge though, it seemed to more or less be a recap show with one poorly lit, shitty match. If that's still the case then as things stand it's a waste of an hour. TNA's roster is too big for just the 2 hours a week, so they should be using this extra time to push the lesser seen faces. People like Magnus or the Pope. Right now I wouldn't blame any network for not wanting to put it on TV.

Xplosion's not bad, but it suffers from only being an hour long, and even so there's not enough fresh material presented in that hour. I quite enjoyed the inclusion of the Spin Cycle and the Xplosion Tournament was a nice idea, but for the show to take off it does need to feel like more of an additional show instead of just an Impact recap with a classic bout and a short match that doesn't really mean anything. If Xplosion was used to further storylines in the mid-card that could be very helpful, but the fact it isn't broadcast in the States kinda limits what they can do with it in that respect, as anything they did on Xplosion that was relevant would end up being recapped on Impact for the fans that can't see Xplosion, rendering the whole point of putting the content on Xplosion a bit redundant.

This post contains entirely too many uses of the word "Xplosion" and for this I am sorry.

A quick point on this. During his last months in TNA, Nash was in great shape. He was saying it was the best shape of his life. Obviously his bottom half is a write-off, but from the waist up he looked in good nick. I don't think him not dying his hair is an indication of a lack of effort. He looked fucking ridiculous coming back to WWE at his age with his hair that colour. Also, I doubt "the people at Spike" have the time nor the inclination to watch a WWE-spun DVD about a company 10 years gone. People in high places probably tend to make their own minds up as opposed to listening to propaganda.

Anyways, back on topic (seeing as though Nash has nothing to do with the price of cheese) Xplosion could be a good show. It could be a valuable show. The last time I watched it on Challenge though, it seemed to more or less be a recap show with one poorly lit, shitty match. If that's still the case then as things stand it's a waste of an hour. TNA's roster is too big for just the 2 hours a week, so they should be using this extra time to push the lesser seen faces. People like Magnus or the Pope. Right now I wouldn't blame any network for not wanting to put it on TV.

kevin nash is useless unless you have scott hall shawn michaels or rey mysterio wrestling him his matches and 6 moves of doom counting flipping his hair sucks

he got injured cutting a promo at wwe the heads of programming at spike are idiots the network is doomed and tna might be doomed too

so im just going to enjoy tna while it last

Who told u all SpikeTV was clammoring for Nash and why would they do that?

And its true that he showed more respect and back stage disciplinen in TNA. If he had any concept of logic he would know that behavior and work ethic he demonstrated in the ring would had done him well in WCW and would had fattened his wallet alot more. His growing up came eight years after he helped destroy WCW and I will hold a grudge for that.

When I Watched the X Sho it was not international though.
1. Why did it make that shift.
2. can anyone anywhere in the U.S. still see it.
3. if the countries it airs in can still see Impact could Xsho storylines be concluded on Impact at least.
4. How can the Xsho aid in a tour of Canada or England?

TNA should start taking Xplosion seriously. At the moment it's little more than their version of WWE's Superstars ie no one watches it, because they know they don't have to.

They could take any number of directions with that extra hour. Treat it as a natural extension of their storylines, treat it as another brand, hand it over exclusively to the X Division or the Knockouts, maybe make the Television Title their crown jewel. Literally ANYTHING other than what they're doing at the moment.

The matches are always so low on the totem pole that I could care less whether I see them or not, the recaps are all stuff I've seen before and if I wanted to watch Spin Cycle, I'd go on the website.

Treat it like a proper wrestling show already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back