• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA wrestling.... claiming their sucess before it happens? Not strong enough yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Metal

Getting Noticed By Management
Excuse me if mentioned numerous times, but what is TNA about? Are they now devoting theirselves in going against the WWE? What for?

WCW had reasoning, but not clearly. WCW had the level. They traced back way longer than WWE ever did. WCW's title was once known as the NWA title, but due to legal reasons, it was named to the WCW title and excluded it's history to have anything to do with the NWA at all, but the physical previous NWA title was renamed to the WCW title with one guy beating the other. WCW was the name of their old show, but it expanded and it carried the old NWA's PPV's as well as talent. There could be denying, but it's true. They had many decades behind them. There was no mistakes to learn from, it was something new to the whole world. There were many ups and downs. We all learned what happened was entertaining and brought in ratings, but in a business stand point and in the matter of "right and wrong", it was completely stupid and immature to devote all your company has to wipe out the competitor by stealing their talent.

This is what TNA is now doing. Every available WWE/former WWE name must be signed to TNA. Why? Because it shows WWE could sell on it's own, and TNA needs to use pre-created stars. I mean, Billy Gunn sucks, why sign him? He's a name. Why over-hype Kurt Angle's TNA debut as if he's bigger than the immortal Hulk Hogan and Stone Cold Steve Austin combined? Sure, Angle can out-wrestle them as well as others, but if you say professional wrestling is mostly based on your in-ring styles, you obviously know nothing. Wrestling is entertainment. It's not the Ultimate Fighter. Hogan & Austin's accomplishments and charecters draws. But just bringing Angle in alone as "TNA property" won't sell enough, so (despite the fact Angle care less about promotions, just his spotlight) his paycheck made his mouth talk negative (to be aired on iMPACT!) on Vince McMahon and the WWE. Why talk about the WWE on your programing? Your own name and talent alone can't draw ratings? Didn't we learn anything from WCW? Psssh, and the TNA fans says they're anti-sports entertainment even though wrestling is purely entertainment in an athletic way, and they crave for entertainment in TNA and support it, but when it comes to the WWE, it's lame even though the WWE's "E" can't be outperformed because wrestling is about building charecters, didn't TNA know that? That's why their ratings without any materials from the WWE are always so low.

Has TNA proved theirselves to be more than about talk? Absolutely not. Sure they're growing, but they can not shoot until their sheild is large enough to block the "enemy". The Heyman era of ECW could've gone against WWE and WCW. Sure they did some bloopers on major league guys, but sometimes they did cross-polination such as ECW guys appear on WWE TV and wrestle in the 90's and same with WCW. The old ECW isn't really a disliked company due to the fact they were better. Why? They were able to out-perform with their material, not bringing in Hulk Hogan or Shawn Michaels in. I mean hell, WCW could've competed much sooner with WWE than they did. But they were smart about it because they were in the level to do more than talk. If WWE would strike, they could easily steal all of the audience and say fuck TNA they suck compare to how good WWE is, but why care about something that's, in ways, a poser? Labeling theirselves as "The New Face Of Wrestling" which sounds dumb IMO. Why? One rule in life is you earn your name, you don't make it up for yourself. It's funny how they over-hyped Sting's TNA return and claimed it was supposed to change the industry of wrestling forever, but did very little. Just label yourself with your own name FFS. Don't make yourselves sound like you're triple the size you already are.

It's just a shame how desperately TNA is to "fit in". They most likely learned in order to compete with "sports entertainment", you gotta be in the same ball game. As of late, they have been focussing more on "entertainment" than before. Despite TNA has Angle, it could mean absolutely nothing. He's in TNA. Cool. He's the same man, same charecter, same wrestler as I've seen in the past 7 years. Nothing new or diffrent about him in TNA. He looks the same too. I don't miss seeing him either because I just saw him not long ago on WWE TV. TNA didn't spend time at all to build the company around Kurt Angle to expand. TNA is claiming their sucess wayyyy before it ever happened which is stupid.

Okay, sorry if I sound so anti-TNA, but don't get me wrong, TNA could develop their talent, but they lack charecter that's a major and always been in wrestling. If you have no charecter, you can't sell. Ratings and fan reactions determines that. But to me, I feel many are too harsh on everything in general. It seems as if just because there was WCW it's okay to take over for them and if it's TNA, it's positive in every single damn way, shape or form. I mean, I hear so many WWE fans expressing negative feedback on the WWE, but it seems that TNA is very perfect and you're a WWE mark completely if you talk down about TNA at all.

But alot of times, we need to be all around and to stop being such marks and realize the truth. Like I said when Rhyno burned the ECW title, TNA is just, overall, turning into a turn-off as a wrestling fan. I loved TNA so much until they got to be like WCW. For all of these reasons, that's why I love ROH, because who gives a shit what happens out there, just focuss on what's here with what we have that will make us diffrent.

Maybe the spinmeister of tna and its loyal fans shouldn't count their chickens before they are hatched. One wrestlers does not make a promotion.

nah when you number 2 or 3 you gotta do that ECW always bashed wcw and wwe thats business not personal

lucci said:
nah when you number 2 or 3 you gotta do that ECW always bashed wcw and wwe thats business not personal
True but ECW was diffrent. They weren't doing what TNA is in a personal point ****ing yourself. Hell, ECW worked with the WWE at times. During the Attitude era Heyman and his ECW made some appearances on Monday Night RAW/RAW IS WAR.

St Jonny said:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=5875

Dont mean to do the Mods jobs, but this is just another TNA bashing Thread... right?
The point wasn't to just be anti, but my point was more as an overall view of the current product which I see/hear many speaking of current events that are getting way over-rated such as Kurt Angle in TNA (woohoo it's the same old person we've seen for years, no diffrence but the show just like he moved to ECW). There's always sucess in a business, but in reality there's many downs IMO, but indeed they have their ups as well.

Deaddragonz said:
To me, Kurt seems a little too big for TNA

To me you are spamming, give some more insight in your posts please, preferably edit your post and tell us why you feel that way

Dont mean to do the Mods jobs, but this is just another TNA bashing Thread... right?

This really isnt a "bashing thread".. The dude just simply is saying he doesnt understand why TNA is trying to start a war with the WWE..

But I agree wtih him.. TNA is nowhere near is big as wCw was.. TNA is getting ahead of themselves with this... There going to end up killing the brand before it even gets anywhere.. I believe with all this WWE talk there trying to get more fans and ratings by making it seem like there going into "war".. But I think TNA is just going to end up getting burried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back