TNA to Virgin 1 *UK*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
I've seen it advertised as well as it is being reported that Virgin 1 in the UK will be airing Impact from the 30th October. What does that mean for everyone? Essentially this: Rather than the small percentage of people who have cable and satellite in the UK who then subscribe to Bravo, every home that has a freeview/freesat box will be able to watch TNA Impact.

This will be great for TNA in the UK and will essentially double (maybe more) those who are able to watch it. I'm excited about it, what are your thoughts?

If it is heading to Virgin One I would be willing to give the company a go, so therefore prove that the move would be a good one for TNA. I don't have sky at Uni, but I do have freeview, so if it were on at a time nothing else was on, I would probably watch. Whether it would be good enough to keep me watching is a differnt story all together, but it's worth a go by TNA.

I'd love WWE to follow suit, but that is fantasy talk.

Maybe that's part of the reason the British Invasion won the World Tag Team Championships last night. Not a bad move on TNA's part to give them a run with the titles with the switch to a larger British audience.

This is the 1st I've heard about about it. But quite simply... GET IN!!! I've barely seen any TNA because I don't have Sky in my house, but I certainly gots Freeview! I rekon the viewing figures will be huge!

I rekon the viewing figures will be huge!

No they won't. Wrestling isn't big in the UK at all. They will get bigger viewers, as it will be available to more people, but it won't be one of the most popular shows on TV. Not by a long shot. WWE wouldn't even if it was on BBC1. Better viewing figures? Yes. Huge? No.

From what i read its just a temporary measure for 2 or 3 weeks to try to get more fans to subscribe to sky/virgin to get bravo, it will also still be on at its usual time the day after on bravo

and as its on a friday it will be interesting to see if sd's ratings get affected by the temporary switch

This is a smart move on the part of TNA, putting it on a free channel to get more viewers. Evan if it is a temporary measure it will bring in more fans, and it may get more people to subscribe. to Sky to get Bravo

It will be interesting to see how it does against Smack down in the UK.

at even make sense? Put a TV show on Virgin so that people will subscribe to Sky. No, that's obviously not what's going on here.

It wouldn't surprise me if Impact outdrew SD in the UK as more people have freeview than sky sports 3.

True i will admit i dont know much about the UK cable and satellite providers, and didnt know more people had Virgin then Sky.

It is a pretty good idea to put Impact on Virgin and compete with Smack Down, and try to beat them in ratings. Which i think TNA will do it, tna is going to double there viewers.

this is amazing! i think this will really help draw more viewers and i cant usually watch it on saturday nights so i am very happy its on on a friday too. i can see this staying on for a while as they are putting it in this slot to compete eith SD, they are not just going to take it away after a couple of weeks.

im pretty psyched here... like many others im at uni where we have freeview but not sky. virgin1 is avaliable across all freeview, sky and virgin packages from the very basic subscription. this will mean that so many who dont have bravo or sky sports can now watch iMPACT in our own homes without laggy streams or relying on wrestlezone to find out wtfs going on in the six sided ring... might make tna in the uk... i recons it could be AWESOME!

Sam will have to tell me if Virgin is part of my Sky package before I give a true and just comment. But if I do have it I sure hope they air PPVs like or at the very least don't put no fucking add breaks in the show.

Sam will have to tell me if Virgin is part of my Sky package before I give a true and just comment.

Yeah, probably. I'd go and check on the Sky website but even I would be uncomfortable pandering that much.

I'll be watching it on Virgin. I'm guessing it'll be on at 9/10PM? Lucky it's starting on the 30th; it just dodged the Peep Show bullet. The wank bullet, if you will. Except Peep Show isn't wank. It's a reference to the show and an unnecessary one at that.

By "watching it on Virgin" I mean that I'll watch it the first week (maybe) and then completely at random after that.

If you have the sky package with Sky1 you should have Virgin 1, it's a basic channel on Virgin and a free on freeview. You only get it on Sky if you have the Entertainment package. It will air at 9pm on the Friday.

I hope that helps you guys out with that, it also seems like it will just be for a few weeks. That's a bit of a shame, but it should get a few more people involved.

Well I shall have to try and free up my Friday evenings!

Saturday was my wonderful TNA Night, and I shall miss it.

I wonder what Bravo will put on in it's place?

Probably some more rubbish like Drunken Brits Abroad or something.

Maybe they could start showing old iMPACT episodes?

Still, the move to Virgin 1 wil be a great shot in the arm for TNA!

All those extra viewers that can't watch TNA are in for a treat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back