iMPACT! Moves to Challenge TV in the UK

The good news for TNA is that they are on freeview in the UK so can potentially draw a bigger viewership. The bad new is that literally no one watches this channel. If they advertise on Challenge TV no one will ever know about it. The only positive news is that hopefully they will rebrand this channel (but I doubt it).

I really doubt many people will tune in to watch impact after they have watched reruns of 1980's Family Fortune.

This is a real shame as I thought TNA did good numbers in the UK.

So everyone that watched TNA programming before it was taken off for a bit all of a sudden just won't watch anymore because it is on a different channel? That is ridiculous. If you like a certain show you will find it on your TV. That is just how it works.

I would have preferred it to be on an HD channel since it is filmed in HD and broadcast in HD in the US but at least its coming back on tv as well as ppvs

Awesome news about TNA Impact being on Challenge TV! I have missed my weekly dose of TARA!!!

Even better news that the TNA PPV's are gonna get shown on Challenge too, rather than on the Xtreme Sports channel it was on before, as I dont have that channel.

Looking forward to catching up on the Impact shows I have missed, watching Tara and some exciting TNA action :D

There was a resoundingly positive editorial about the subject on the front page, which made me believe there's hope. With TNA reaching more people now that it's on Freeview.

Still, Challenge TV is a notoriously lame channel, so there's an up-hill battle from the get-go. I can't remember watching it at any point and I've had Sky for over a decade. They just show horrendous gameshows I couldn't stand when they were new! I don't think there's any way to salvage the channel itself, it needs complete rebranding. At the very least drop the TV at the end. Are we really so dense we can't identify it as television?

I'll see how it works out, but I think Sky are missing a great opportunity by not putting TNA on Sky 1 or Sky Atlantic. I know there's always WWE to think about, but can't they have domain over the sports channels, while TNA gets the light entertainment. I mean, it can't be any worse than that godawful Got to Dance thing with Davina McCall, and you've got to break up the endless Simpsons repeats somehow!

This is an absolutely huge deal for TNA and something that I am very looking forward to.

It is not so much the move to Challenge TV that makes this a great deal for TNA. What makes it the best deal in TNA's history in the UK, is that Challenge TV is now available on Freeview TV. This mean that millions upon millions of people will have their eyes opened up to the company. Now, I know that I am one of TNA's harshest critics and it is mainly due to the fact that I haven't watched TNA consistently for a long time. It has just been on and off viewings that have made me forge an opinion and perhaps that is going to change now that I have the means to watch it consistently. I have Virgin Media but I was never going to get out of bed at 10 o'clock to watch TNA downstairs and now I can watch it from my bedroom... Amazing!

That being said, I honestly think that TNA have made a smart move here. Challenge is still a big channel and has probably gotten a little more stability than Bravo, the old home of TNA. Like I said though, the fact that people now get to watch TNA for free every week ought to bring in more fans to the show. I know that I am going to make more of an effort in the future to watch the shows and perhaps I am not the only one.

My only worry is that they have the show commencing on Tuesday nights. That's fine but it means that the UK will be a week behind the US taping and that seems a little bit of a poor effort. That and the fact that PPV events will be shown on a Wednesday. Either way, it is still a good decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back