iMPACT! Moves to Challenge TV in the UK

The Pizzaman

I tell it how I see it and thats it
I've asked this before but now its actually happened. The UK fans have lost Impact as Bravo will not be broadcasting after the 1st Jan 2011. So no more Impact!!!!! Now I know that Impact is broadcast on Spike in the US but we cannot get that in the UK. You would have thought that TNA would have found another channel by now to broadcast it as they have known for at least 5 months that Bravo will be going in the new year. They want to increase its fan base, gets the UK fans hooked and then it does nothing to keep the Broadcasts on UK TV. Maybe I'm being a bit bitter and could watch it on-line if I want to watch it buffering all the time but I don't think that I'm the only one who feels a bit let down by this. What are your thoughts? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I am fuming about this because the Uk is a huge market for them and they could lose a fortune with no regular viewers.

The thing that is annoying is I know that the only likely channel to pick Impact up is Channel Five, BBC or ITV and that won't happen. Sky are slowly picking up all the channels that could replace Bravo and this is going to leave a lot of good programming without a home. It's sad.

I think that it will be shown eventually on the Extreme Sports Channel on 419 for sky viewers or 527 on Virgin Media considering they already show TNA pay per views and Xplosion on their channel i sure hope they do anyway because i don't want to miss TNA.
Just checked sky guide TNA is on Wednesday at 11.00 pm this will obviously be the last impact before Bravo goes off the air.

The impact that's on Wednesday night is I believe a repeat of last weeks Tna. I am really disappointed that we have had no news as to where impact will be shown after the channel goes off air. But it wouldn't surprise me if extreme sports picks it up, but then we will prob lose the last 30 mins or so like we do on the ppv if you sky plus it.

My Thoughts are FUCK!, I guess I'll just have to watch it on the internet for the time being. My fingers are crossed that another channel will pick it up. If another channel like Virgin Media start to show IMPACT! it could end up that IMPACT! could be shown earlier then Saturday, which would be pretty cool.

Not an issue. When Sky bought Bravo, they also bought all of their contracts, including that of TNA. TNA may be off the air for a while, but they'll still be getting paid, and according to Sky, their programming will appear elsewhere on Sky. If I had to guess where, I'd suggest it'll go on the new Sky Atlantic channel which is selling itself as the home of US TV, mostly HBO programming. TNA has consistently been Bravo's second biggest show, Sky aren't stupid enough to let it slip through their fingers.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a289271/sky-confirms-bravo-shutdown-date.html

I think Channel Four or Five are likely to make the investment. I say this because in recent years both have made efforts with American Sports. Five even has it's own channel devoted to American TV. However, it recently forfeited it's right to American Football and was picked up by Channel Four.

Needless to say I don't think this is a long time thing at all. It should be sorted soon into the New Year as TNA would have a large market - especially if it made it onto terrestrial TV... although with the 'digital switchover' it wouldn't be too bad for a channel on Freeview to pick it up.

TNA are trying to hype up their UK tour next month, I don't know if it's sold out yet but if not then I imagine not having a product on TV would make things a lot harder to advertise.

It's just incredibly frustrating that there has been no news on what we're supposed to do here in the UK for the time being. The only information I've found so far is what people have put on this forum. Have I missed something? There really needs to be a clearer way of communicating to us UK fans.

In a way this doesn't affect me because I watch it on the internet anyway. It's still annoying though because we're a pretty big audience for TNA over here. If they can get C4 or C5 on board then it would be a good move. C4 used to broadcast Heat and occasional WWF PPV's and C5 used to broadcast WCW Worldwide so both have previous. Whether or not either of them will want to go back into the wrestling market is another question though. I would imagine C5 would be the more likely of the two stations.

http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2323-Message-To-UK-Fans-From-Dixie-Carter

We are diligently working on a positive outcome for the broadcast of "iMPACT" in the UK. While we appreciate the tens of thousands of emails, Facebook messages and tweets you have sent us, your comments should be made directly to Sky.

Phone - 0844 241 0265

Email - [email protected]

Facebook - www.facebook.com/sky

Twitter - www.twitter.com/skyhd

Dixie also tweeted the link to this page over Twitter earlier today, so UK fans can at least rest somewhat easy that at least one side of this issue is concerned over it's status moving forward.

Since Mason Ryan left All-Star Wrestling, there isn't really British promotion that could get on TV, so maybe ITV could pick up Impact!, doing to TNA what they did for ASW in the 80s and 90s?

Why don't Extreme Sports pick it up.. they already showing TNA ppv's!!! So why not Impact.. Anyone could get it.. I stopped watching TNA on tv anyways.. so its nt an isse for me.. i stick to internet..

On Thursday, TNA President Dixie Carter posted a message to UK Fans about iMPACT in the United Kingdom. Thanks to your messages, Sky responded

From Sky: "TNA will be broadcast on a different Sky channel when Bravo closes, we are trying to find out which channel this will be and will let you all know as soon as we find out"

From Dixie Carter: "Thanks to all of our fans in the United Kingdom for your support! Your voices truly made a difference today!"

So it appears this is a non-issue and as other speculated sky will simply be broadcasting impact on another channel. Impact will continue to be available in the UK.

I think the issue is very much prevalent. It's still so unclear what channel this will be on and I object to the chance that as a TNA fan I will be forced to any more to see it on Extreme Sports.

Until we know what channel it will be on (and it's diabolical that it hasnt been announced yet) I will not be impressed.

I do have one more question regarding Impact on UK TV. If it does go to Extreme Sports I just hope that the quality of the picture improves. I dont have HD tv and even then Im not sure if it would make a differance but the quality on Extreme is quite honestly, CRAP!!!. when TNA was on Bravo, the quality was good, not as good as WWE on sky sports but a hell of a lot better than Extreme. The TNA PPVs seem to be better but when explosion was on, it was very pixelated and not very clear at all. Its not TNAs fault as they would use the same equipment but its down to the broadcasting channel and they need to improve. I still would be watching if Extreme sports do get Impact. Please, please do something with the quality!! Has anyone else had the same problem?

I Have Heard In Recent Times That Five , Extreme Sports Are Extremely Intrested While I Heard Prime Time Sports Want To Get The Rights To TNA PPV .. Ergo Paying £5:00 For A TNA PPV . Someone Has Said On A Message Board That ESPN Are Setting Up "The Fight Network" With Ufc The Face Of The Channel And Many Boxing Matches That Sky Dont Want , MMA And More ... I Think ESPN Should Invest The Money Into Getting TNA On "The Fight Network " .... Now I Dont Know If "The Fight Network Is True So ..

TNA president Dixie Carter has announced via Twitter this morning that the UK television situation has been resolved.

"So happy to announce that all TNA programming in the UK will be on Challenge TV from February on Sky, Virgin, and now Freeview too."

If they replace Takeshi's castle with Impact I will be really pissed!!!

Glad they've got the TV situation over here sorted but, to me, Challenge isn't the ideal home for TNA. It's mostly a channel that shows repeats of quirky gameshows (such as Takeshi) or old UK ones (Crystal Maze, Fort Boyarde). Impact's gonna stick out on there like Smack Down does on Sci-fi!

Still, better to have a home then the internet but I do agree it'd have been cool for a terrestrial channel to pick it up. Hell, it'd sure be better seeing that on Channel 4 then anything involving that cunt Charlie Brooker!!

Dixie Carter Twitter

"So happy to announce that ALL TNA programming in the UK will be on Challenge TV from February on Sky, Virgin and now Freeview too!"

This is horrid for TNA if this is the only Channel they could get. If you dont know what challenge TV is basicly its a channel that shows reruns of Game shows and also has TV bingo. Some of the reruns they show can be 15+ years old it is really not a channel for Wrestling .

What do you think? Is this a sign of No Network not wanting TNA and TNA haveing to go with a crapy channel just to stay in the UK, Or TNA not putting the effot in to get a better Network

All TNA programming....does this mean Xplosion and PPVs too? If so I dont care what channel it is on so long as its not that shtty Xtreme Sports. That was a really bad decision, a lot worse than Challenge.

It's not Bravo but it could be a lot worse for TNA. In all seriousness, where could they really go? It was Sky's call at the end of the day. Sky own most of the channels on the network and WWE is probably the priority.

But yeah for me providing we get the PPVs back, I dont mind.

Sky bought out most of the channels not too long ago, so you'll start seeing some change very soon, Living, the old Virgin 1 and Sky 3 will vanish... I think it's good to have your product free to air to the majority of the UK. It will certainly help TNA in the short term if they get some publicity about it... We saw how WWE worked for SyFy...

I don't think SKY had any choice in the end, they weren't going to put it on any SKY branded channel and have it interfere with their WWE programming nor is Impact suitable for a channel like Living.

At least now it's on Challenge it's aired to both SKY and Freeview, it sounds like the right fit even if it is a god awful station that airs nothing of interest other then the early 90's run of Gladiators. It will stand out on the station and be the flagship for Challenge TV, what's more it also sounds like we will get the PPVS too.

I think it's an ok move by SKY and if it means we can all watch it again, who cares what channel it's on!

The good news for TNA is that they are on freeview in the UK so can potentially draw a bigger viewership. The bad new is that literally no one watches this channel. If they advertise on Challenge TV no one will ever know about it. The only positive news is that hopefully they will rebrand this channel (but I doubt it).

I really doubt many people will tune in to watch impact after they have watched reruns of 1980's Family Fortune.

This is a real shame as I thought TNA did good numbers in the UK.

Guys just incase yu need to know about tna this is from the tna facebook page

"Challenge can be found on Freeview Channel 46 from February 1. It is also on Sky Channel 125 and Virgin Media Channel 139.

Challenge will broadcast TNA iMPACT!, Xplosion and PPV events. They will also show the recent missed episodes of iMPACT! (for those who weren’t able to watch on tnaondemand.com)"
i think that answers pretty much everything! lol you welcome...

This actually might work if they air it after Takeshi's Castle. That's the only thing worth watching on Challenge, people might actually see TNA if they hang around after it ends.

Awful channel choice. I guess no one else wanted it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back