TNA stole from WWE again!

Pepe Silvia

Occasional Pre-Show
Slammiversary (2008) was a professional wrestling pay-per-view (PPV) event produced by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), which took place on June 8, 2008 from the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven, Mississippi. It was the fourth event under the Slammiversary chronology and marked the sixth anniversary of the promotion. Seven professional wrestling matches were featured on the event's card. In the tradition of Slammiversary events, a staple match in TNA—titled the King of the Mountain match (KOTM)—was featured as the main event for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Following the conclusion of the event, and while an independent construction crew hired by TNA was dissembling the event's set, a worker (Kevin "Angus" Sinex) fell to his death. The scaffold, which he was working on, broke and collapsed; causing him to fall nearly 20 feet (6.1 m) to the concrete floor below. Another man was also injured in this accident.

Mouseover prevention said:
OWEN DID IT FIRST

Fixed?

You guys are *****es. You'll call everyone here queer ass fucking ******s and post all kinds of ******ed shit, but get offended over a man falling to his death?

potcallingkettleblack.jpg

Did I laugh when Owen died? No. I actually cried.

Would I have laughed when I heard or read this type of a story coming from somewhere, where I knew it wouldn't be intended as any type of joke? No. I'd feel awful for the man's Family.

Knowing that in the Cage, anything goes and accepting that as such - only to read the title of this thread, and have a rough idea it was about someone falling to their death - did I laugh? Yes.

Death is a whole different animal.

People are making Benoit jokes left and right on here though.

SO, is it okay to mock and make fun of someone who (apparently) murdered his Family (Wife and small Child), then killed himself?

But its not okay to mock and make light in a situation where the death was accidental? Where is the white and black side in that?

Death is death. No matter how it happens. The Benoit jokes still revolve and relate to the death of a child. The Owen jokes relate to the death of a grown man, who knew the risk he was taking - and albeit unfortunate and complete bullshit that he was up there to begin with - one shouldn't be better to use than the other.

If you're gonna be upset over one death joke, you need to be upset over them all.

People are making Benoit jokes left and right on here though.

SO, is it okay to mock and make fun of someone who (apparently) murdered his Family (Wife and small Child), then killed himself?

But its not okay to mock and make light in a situation where the death was accidental? Where is the white and black side in that?

Death is death. No matter how it happens. The Benoit jokes still revolve and relate to the death of a child. The Owen jokes relate to the death of a grown man, who knew the risk he was taking - and albeit unfortunate and complete bullshit that he was up there to begin with - one shouldn't be better to use than the other.

If you're gonna be upset over one death joke, you need to be upset over them all.
I have never made a single one of those Benoit jokes.

No one is talking about Benoit right now, til you brought his name up, I would feel the same way if this was a Benoit joke.

I will admit I have laughed about a joke about death before but didn't feel great about myself afterwards.

Regardless, who gives a fuck if it was a Benoit joke, a Billy Mays joke, or whatever else. People come on here and make jokes about rape, about death, torture, all kinds of shit. Someone mentions Owen Hart and people get butthurt. Fucking stupid. You know it is.

Regardless, who gives a fuck if it was a Benoit joke, a Billy Mays joke, or whatever else. People come on here and make jokes about rape, about death, torture, all kinds of shit. Someone mentions Owen Hart and people get butthurt. Fucking stupid. You know it is.
Yes I do know it's stupid to make those type of jokes, and I usually don't say anything but last night my friend flipped his car and is in a coma right now so I'm a bit edgy, my bad.

Yes I do know it's stupid to make those type of jokes, and I usually don't say anything but last night my friend flipped his car and is in a coma right now so I'm a bit edgy, my bad.

First and foremost I wish your friend all the best.

Now, as far as jokes go. Whether you make them, laugh at them, or accept them. You can't stop them. Now in the drug thread I'm going rounds with ST in, I said you should never turn a blind eye to trying to help or point out the wrong in things.. so in saying so, I accept and respect you pointing out the wrong in whats being said/done here.

HOWEVER.. you can't stop it. And the longer you complain about it, the more people who enjoy it will only complain to you, which will in-turn upset you more.

For what its worth, I don't like Benoit, Owen, or any other death jokes either. But I've laughed at them. Sometimes it all depends the type of mood you're in when you read them. Regardless though, because I've laughed at at least one - I won't stop anyone else from talking about them, because I at one point was no better. (and you, yourself, said you laughed once which puts you in that same category.)

Thanks for the condolences and all I'm saying is if someone wants to post such a thing albeit in the cage, I will show my displeasure. This wasn't a horrible thing I just wanted to voice my opinion on the matter and didn't take kindly to being called a pussy because of call a joke in bad taste out. I'm with you Will, if someone wants to go a few rounds over it I'm down, I thought it was going to be me and you for a minute. I'm happy it wasn't though because it's too early in the morning to read a novel. Again thanks for the condolences it's been rough, I'm trying to not think about it as much right now, but as you can see I can't sleep and I thought talking about wrestling or something would help.

First and foremost I wish your friend all the best.

Now, as far as jokes go. Whether you make them, laugh at them, or accept them. You can't stop them. Now in the drug thread I'm going rounds with ST in, I said you should never turn a blind eye to trying to help or point out the wrong in things.. so in saying so, I accept and respect you pointing out the wrong in whats being said/done here.

HOWEVER.. you can't stop it. And the longer you complain about it, the more people who enjoy it will only complain to you, which will in-turn upset you more.

For what its worth, I don't like Benoit, Owen, or any other death jokes either. But I've laughed at them. Sometimes it all depends the type of mood you're in when you read them. Regardless though, because I've laughed at at least one - I won't stop anyone else from talking about them, because I at one point was no better. (and you, yourself, said you laughed once which puts you in that same category.)

I will fucking respond to your latest post and keep this up until we just agree to disagree. I just need some sleep first.

Because this happened for real, dumb shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back