• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Concedes to Fan Demand...Again; King of the Mountain Returns at Slammiversary

Anyone seeing my posts knows I'm a TNA fan, but unlike a lot; I don't bash any other promotion. I just enjoy TNA most of any of them. I'm excited to see King of the Mountain return. I know in this age of Spoilers, it seems crazy for them to tape shows for after the ppv BEFORE the ppv, but I refuse to read spoilers. So for me, when I watch the PPV, as long as the episode of Impact before it, and the episode of Impact after it make sense, I won't care they are taped.

I just want a really solid ppv from top to bottom. I wish TNA charged $25 for the PPVs. At that price, I would definitely be happier buying them. I also wish they would go back to their "TnaOnDemand" website. I had a subscription there and really enjoyed that a lot.

The problem isn't spoilers, it's live audiences.

Taping before Slammiversary means that they can't do anything at the event itself that will massively effect storylines.

Imagine they wanted to turn a major player? You can't do that at Slammiversary because they audience at the taping prior to it would have no knowledge of the turn and would greet the wrestler how they last saw them on TV, same with titles, you can't crown a new champion without having to have taped a bunch of shows with a guy holding the belt who had yet to win it.

It makes Slammiversary, TNA's second biggest show of the year remember, a complete filler non-event.

Just watched slamiversary, I think TNA is making a step back-mark Morgan, Vader and Jarret returning in the past week. Ec3 vs angle would have been the ideal main event and the passing of the torch would have made this a good ppv. The kotm main event was terrible, but drew made a great account of himself and I was surprised he didn't win. TNA must make stars- angle and Jarret champions is not healthy. Ec3 and drew should have been pushed on this ppv.

To be fair, Vader was a one shot like Crimson was and Jarrett will at least draw a few people's curiosity.

Morgan could be a valuable member of the roster if he is used right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back